TV New Season!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Really trying to get into black sails again because people say its so good. 6 episodes in and literally nothing has happened yet.

Don't worry, by the end of the season almost nothing will have happened lol.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I wouldn't say it's -so- good, it definitely gets better and season 1 is pretty lackluster.

Dunno.

Pirates vs Spanish vs British.

The CGI is alright too later on.

It set "loosly" I guess, in a period I am really interested in, not so much because of empire and so on (although that in itself is fascinating from a historical perspective) but because it brought about some was the biggest changes to humanity. So I really want to enjoy it...but really struggling.

It's also something to watch while waiting for HP/End to recover! :)

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Both 24 legacy and APB premiered yesterday (ish). 24 legacy is keeping up with the same feeling of the previous 24 seasons, a little less dark so far. If you like 24 you'll probably like this one too, if you don't... well don't bother.

APB looks like a pile of shit and was about as interesting. The cynic in me is saying - public ratings for police is down, let's make a series where cops are cool and saves the day...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Taboo

Walking dead writers take note. That is how you do scary.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Nearly finished 2nd series of The Affair. really good so many twists and turns.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
looking forward to this.

I don't know what it is about alternate history books/tv but it always really tickles my balls, just cant get enough of it.

Its funny how almost the only alt-history that ever gets made for tv or film is Nazis winning the war. What's this, the third one now? FWIW the original book is pretty good, but I think there are better Nazis win stories out there.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I am still liking the man in the high castle. Half way through series two now

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
OJ Simpson thing on netflix, pretty good so far.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Its funny how almost the only alt-history that ever gets made for tv or film is Nazis winning the war. What's this, the third one now? FWIW the original book is pretty good, but I think there are better Nazis win stories out there.

I read a book a couple of years ago which was about a bunch of South African supremacists time travelling back to the American Civil War to supply the south with weaponry which was pretty good. No idea where ive put it though and cant remember what it was called :)

DaGaffer

I read a book a couple of years ago which was about a bunch of South African supremacists time travelling back to the American Civil War to supply the south with weaponry which was pretty good. No idea where ive put it though and cant remember what it was called :)

Guns of The South

DaGaffer

I'm a bit suprised at this - for my reckoning the Beeb made a number of excellent dramas last year. I just can't be assed to go fucking naming them for now, Sunday evening, beers going down nicely :)

First ep was good. Clever with the details as well.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Cant believe miguel ferrer died :(. Was granger in ncis la and also n the twin peaks reboot. And was in crossing jordan. Only 61.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom