New rvr guild, Prydwen

Yshynsin

Fledgling Freddie
Hi All, I have recently toaed a reaver, and i wanna get it going some more, so being one of the original members of Retribution, i have spoken to Jamie and i am beocming guild leader of it and redoing it.

The group setup is as follows,

Tank Group

1. Sorcerer (Any ML 9 Preferred) (High mind spec prefered
2. Cleric (High rejuv spec)
3. Cleric, (40 Enchance 36 rejuv prefered for buffshear)
4. Reaver (I will be palying this spot)
5. Arms/Merc (Ml8 Banelord/Battlemaster Prefered)
6. BG Pally (needs BG)
7. Arms/Merc (Ml8 Banelord/Battlemaster Prefered)
8. Merc (ML8 Prefered)

Caster Group Same Requirements as listed above

1. Sorcerer (High mind spec prefered)
2. Cleric
3. Cleric
4. Reaver
5. Cabalist (high spirit spec prefered)
6. Theurgist (Air spec)
7. Random caster
8. BG Pally

The only requirements to join are, You need to have a decent Toa set which caps all important resists and casters with spell dmg, cast speed and range etc.

To be actively partaking in ML raids, The Mls are only preffered but if you can make the ml raids, go for it, i will arrange Group steps between the guild during it's running.

RR3+ Im not going leet and saying, rr5 or nothing, just RR3 so i can see you have a basic understanding of the charecter you are playing and are not freshly pled etc.

To accept that you will not always get into a guild group, this is going to be a first come first serve dependant on the classes available, so if the group is already made up, you can't expect for somone to leave for you to get in. However you can become a replacment on the list.

Please sign up for recruitment with the classes provided on the list at www.prydwen.co.uk forums, down the bottom of the forum index is a link to Guild - Retribution, please sign up for recruitment there, post here or pm me.

Thank you very much.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Good luck on the relaunch.

The tank group has too many tanks I think:

I know, it sounds dumb, but it will be hard to kill any decent group out with it. Drop one of the Mercs/Arms and put a Cabby in. Then you have some good damage especially when Cabby debuffs for himself and Sorc and when both get higher RR and get access to MoC3 you will be less dependant on interrupts and have also some nice ML9 pet from cabby.

Reaver, Merc, Merc/Armsman, Cabby, Sorc is good DPS then. You don't need a 4th tank. Only tanks are easily neutralized especially vs groups with two BG'ers me thinks or uneffctive vs PD5 BDs and intercept pet SMs.

That being said, I'd sign up as I have been looking for a daily group for some time now, but since yesterday I have different plans :(.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
That being said, I'd sign up as I have been looking for a daily group for some time now, but since yesterday I have different plans :(.

The plans being our wedding, Right ?

And GL with it mate :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Infanity said:
The plans being our wedding, Right ?

And GL with it mate :)

Hahaha :). I do kiss men yes, but only gays!

And stop postfarming this. Must stay on topic ;).

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Manisch Depressiv said:
Hahaha :). I do kiss men yes, but only gays!

And stop postfarming this. Must stay on topic ;).

Graendel is gay?. I'm shocked :(

/sarcasm!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Manisch Depressiv said:
No idea, but he is fashionable, I'd defo kiss him :).

Lies he just spawns a dyemaster every 2 minutes :d

Gamah

Banned
Good luck its tough launching a new RvR guild, and many egos like to see you fall on your face.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Gamah said:
Good luck its tough launching a new RvR guild, and many egos like to see you fall on your face.

Speaking from experience? :)

Yshynsin

Fledgling Freddie
As part of the tank grp i could remove one of the arms/merc spots for friar if needed.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
nice. i hope you'll get a good grp together :) always nicer with more ppl to fight :)

i have little clue about how a alb grp should look but a alb castergrp looks like alot of fun. something along the lines of sorc, caba, thurg, cleric, cleric, pala, friar, minstrel (just because i love minstrels:)).

since you have a reaver i think cleric, cleric, reaver, merc, friar, caba, thur, sorc would work. at least it does in my head :)

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Just a bit of input, remove paladin and add a friar since they are more usefull. End 3 pots is enough since pala end is shit anyhow. Add a cabalist and perhaps a theurgist to the tank group, you can't do pure tank groups anymore really.

The clerics should be 42e/3xr or 44e/31r imo, it's enough to heal and both can shear and rebuff. 40r/36e just don't cut it anymore. Shitty specs and lack some shears.

And good luck. :)

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Eva said:
Just a bit of input, remove paladin and add a friar since they are more usefull. End 3 pots is enough since pala end is shit anyhow.

pala has end 5, and end5 >>> end3, so i dont see the point saying pala end is "shit".. think that again. also 950 af on a pally >>> friar af wearing leather armor. triple heal chant isnt that bad for groups either, thats 300 group heal every 8 seconds. if the pally has som/battler/wh..(which a good pally has) they are kinda indestructible, not like some leather armor wearing "i like to evade" monkey which doesnt even have 360 degree evade or dodger ra any more.

edit: oh and to the super friar healing: with DR most pallies will get acolyte 2 imo, which is about the same value single target heal.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Eva said:
The clerics should be 42e/3xr or 44e/31r imo, it's enough to heal and both can shear and rebuff. 40r/36e just don't cut it anymore. Shitty specs and lack some shears.

The 42e and 33 rej works though for a non bot Cleric I'd never take the 44e spec as that means you will have to sacrifice the level 32 and 33 spec heals and you only gain the red AF buff (it's decent but since AF can't be sheared a buffbot is better to use for that) and you gain an int and base buff AoE shears which are nice but the AoE of those shears are pathetic and they are bases anyway, once again I personally wouldn't sacrifice better heals for them.

Martok

Part of the furniture
In reguard to your tank gorup personaly i would go

Cleric - Perfector - 40 rejuve 35 buff
Cleric - warlord - 42 buff 33 rejuve
Merc - Banelord
Reaver - Banelord
Sorc - convocor - Mind ofc
Thurg - Convocor - air/ice
Pally - battlemaster - Decent af sc som malice battler ftw!
Final spot -

Either of any of these

Merc - banelord
Arms - warlord (pointless being battlemaster since they are there for dmg!
Cabby - Convocor - 46 spirit rest body
Minstrel - warlord - sos, demezz, stun on assist, interupt, dd's only trouble here is not many minstrels who has the skill or the ra's to pull it off.

Galaha

Fledgling Freddie
i can try arms spot if you still need :). is toaded etc and 8L8 was or something :p

Yshynsin

Fledgling Freddie
Galaha said:
i can try arms spot if you still need :). is toaded etc and 8L8 was or something :p

You will be very welcome mate, pm me in-game :)

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof said:
pala has end 5, and end5 >>> end3, so i dont see the point saying pala end is "shit".. think that again. also 950 af on a pally >>> friar af wearing leather armor. triple heal chant isnt that bad for groups either, thats 300 group heal every 8 seconds. if the pally has som/battler/wh..(which a good pally has) they are kinda indestructible, not like some leather armor wearing "i like to evade" monkey which doesnt even have 360 degree evade or dodger ra any more.

edit: oh and to the super friar healing: with DR most pallies will get acolyte 2 imo, which is about the same value single target heal.

the acoyte heal is like 60 delve for DR? friars when enh/rejuv specced (as a good bg friar should be) would be healing (at a guess) at 400 odd? more than 60 anyway, and u are forgetting resist buffs - which are SO helpful vs mid casters

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
the acoyte heal is like 60 delve for DR? friars when enh/rejuv specced (as a good bg friar should be) would be healing (at a guess) at 400 odd? more than 60 anyway, and u are forgetting resist buffs - which are SO helpful vs mid casters

pallies have nice resists too, but about the healing yea, ive just never met a good healing friar so far, but that doesnt mean they dont exist.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Righthandof said:
pallies have nice resists too, but about the healing yea, ive just never met a good healing friar so far, but that doesnt mean they dont exist.

if you want to compete against high rr mid/hib grps you absoutely need a friar over a pally. tank grps, ofc pally more useful,but 90% of grps you face are caster grps, thats just the way it is atm - so logically friar, becuase of resists is better than a pally - ST3 is a killer too.

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof said:
pala has end 5, and end5 >>> end3,
Pala end range = 1000. Mercs will be out side that when a pally is bg'ing. That is what makes it useless. If you use an end reg pot when pally is out of range and he come into range after the pot is gone, but timer is there. It's nothing but problems when you have a pally bging. Friar > pally for bg. Merc/Reaver > pally for damage. Pally is not a needed class anymore, not even close.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Eva said:
Pala end range = 1000. Mercs will be out side that when a pally is bg'ing. That is what makes it useless. If you use an end reg pot when pally is out of range and he come into range after the pot is gone, but timer is there. It's nothing but problems when you have a pally bging. Friar > pally for bg. Merc/Reaver > pally for damage. Pally is not a needed class anymore, not even close.

that just doesnt make any sense.

ppl have been using end of pallies for like 4 years, and they lived with the 1000 range.. and also,
end5 with limited range >> no end regen from friar, and trying to put up end3 potions for the loss.

the other advantage of the pallies is that they are a lot harder to kill. armorfactor does matter when we're speaking about 3 zerkers hitting you. even if you have high dex+qui, evade has a limited degree, and no dodger ra any more, so with the leather armor we can say that it has a very bad defense. and whats more important for a bg bot to stay alive?

and speaking about the resists: friars have 24% resist, good pallies have 30% resist for ALL types.. nuff said imo. (yea its not that easy to put up a resist spell and it will be on for 10 mins, you have to twist for it, but pally twist is part of the character, if you want to play it good, you have to learn it good)

seeing that pallies > friar in every point of view except healing(which is ok with pallies after DR's single heal + 150ish ticking triple heal chant), id say pallies are still worth it.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Eva said:

So how does a Friar BG better than a Paladin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom