New MOHAA Site!

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

old.DuckofWar

Hi,

If you love playing MOHAA but, as I am, are completely useless at it then you may care to checkout my website (link below).

If you are good at it then Hey, why not check it out and enjoy the whining of a total lamer (althought 2 of the best players Ive EVER seen are members of my group).

Trust me (would I lie to u?), I think youll enjoy your visit!

Oh, by the way its NOT a Clan site and Ive no intention of setting one up - we are just a group of pals who meet up most nights to have a fun game!

If you have a Clan website then i'd be happy to set up a link to it - Im getting reasonable traffic..... 500+ hits since the 15th of February!

Cheers

O

old.DuckofWar

Damn

Guess I set up my signatuer wrong eh? - any advice guys?

O

old.DuckofWar

Hehe (not really)

So then,

THATS the kind of response Im SUPPOSED to expect from an Official BW Moderator is it?

I always thought that u were supposed to be unbiased & also to 'go out of your way' to promote & develop the online community mate!?!?

I note that your 'moto' is "to stop telling lies" (or something like that) Does that apply to your post in this thread?

I also asked for advice here - did u offer any? Noooooooo!

Go on then, as I expect u to - delete this post!

S

Sar

ROFL

Get a fucking grip. Jesus.

Lol.

"So then,

THATS the kind of response Im SUPPOSED to expect from an Official BW Moderator is it?"

No it's the sort of response you can expect from me for producing a shite "website".

"I always thought that u were supposed to be unbiased & also to 'go out of your way' to promote & develop the online community mate!?!? "

Unbiased? How? Praising crap? Go out of my way to promote & develop the online community? By praising crap sites? Heh, I've done a shitload more for the online community in the UK than you're ever likely to do, so don't even go there girlfriend.

"I note that your 'moto' is "to stop telling lies" (or something like that) Does that apply to your post in this thread? "

Lol, if you had any brains you'd realise that that was pertaining to the line immediately above it.

Hint: IT'S A JOKE. Y'know, as in HUMOUR?

"I also asked for advice here - did u offer any? Noooooooo! "

Yeah I did, if you'd use your head. But I'll make it plainer for ya as you're having trouble: DON'T USE 100% FLASH SITES, COS THEY SUCK.

"Go on then, as I expect u to - delete this post!"

Why the hell would I do that? It's much more fun picking it to pieces :D

O

old.DuckofWar

Complaint made

Sir,

I have complained to BW about your response on this thread

the message reads

"I consider your moderators response to my thread to be offensive, or at least very discourteous".

Now please do me a favour and take out your anger on someone more deserving.

Thank You

S

Sar

ROFL

Oh deary me.

You'd think you were writing to the bloody PM :p

PS: You're a n00b, you'll learn :)

C

Ch3tan

LOL, ever consider that he isnt a moderator of this particular forum? Ever consider he isnt employed by BW?

O

old.DuckofWar

Hey Sar (or whatever)

I took the time to look at your site.....

very nice indeed, I can see why you are such an arrogant ars*hole!

But you missed the point - I aint a website pro and mine is a 'fun' site, now drop some more pills and chill a little.

S

Summo

I'm no web guru but I like your site, DuckofWar. Looks good to me, stylish, clear, whatever it's made in.

Ignore Sar, mate. He's well known to the forum regulars as a kind of drunk, doddering pervert. We stuck 'Moderator' under his name and gave him his own private forum in the hope that he'd bugger off and stop talking. We've had partial success.

Our impossible quest continues...

B

bigbb

A pwetty site. Though, Sar does have a point on flash sites, in general. They're normally very slow, cumbersome characters, which are a bit of a chore to view.

Nice work though, carry on.

- bigbb & SomeGuy - Sar moderation committee

O

old.DuckofWar

Thanx Lads

Well what can I say......

U do have a point on loading times for flash sites I admit, but only when using a modem to connect.

In my experience the best option for a modem user is to access my site in a new browser window and continue to 'surf' in your current one - check it occasionally to see if its 'done'.

Hopefully this thread can now lead wherever I wanted it to go to when I opened it (altho' even I cant recall wherever that was)!

B

bigbb

I'm on a 1gigabit connection where I am, atm. And even then the actual viewing of the site is very cumbersome and slow to react. It's simply because of the complexity of the visuals in flash.

T

Testin da Cable

dude, your site may well be the greatist thing since diced kittens but I'd never know.
why do I hear you ask? because a)my work doesn't allow flash to run on our work pc's and b)at home I don't allow flash to run on my pc because it doesn't really grab my nads.
imho flash is well and good for polishing tiny unbloated parts of a site in an unobtrusive manner...but building an entire site out of it? weeel I respect the effort you put in, but that's about it.

W

Will

Hell, I only installed java last night, flash might be pushing it a little.

S

Sar

Itcheh you cutting edge bugger :D

/bares arse at summo

SPANK0R M3H!1

:D

S

Sar

Originally posted by bigbb
A pwetty site. Though, Sar does have a point on flash sites, in general. They're normally very slow, cumbersome characters, which are a bit of a chore to view.

Nice work though, carry on.

- bigbb & SomeGuy - Sar moderation committee

Esp on shit pc's - my work pc here is a P2-266 with a 2mb vid card. I shitteth thee not.

YAY FOR FLASH!

:/

B

bodhi

Re: Thanx Lads

Originally posted by DuckofWar
Well what can I say......

U do have a point on loading times for flash sites I admit, but only when using a modem to connect.

In my experience the best option for a modem user is to access my site in a new browser window and continue to 'surf' in your current one - check it occasionally to see if its 'done'.

Hopefully this thread can now lead wherever I wanted it to go to when I opened it (altho' even I cant recall wherever that was)!

Please die you mange infested AIDS victim.

O

old.Y-it-Earp

The site is actually quite nice, took some effort no doubt, although everything does seem sort of clustered together, but other than that there is a good ol lot of decent documentation

well done :D 5of5

sar tssssk

/me spank0rz sar

O

old.Y-it-Earp

bodhi - chill with the still u neandthrethol ol ol

some people are just too damn frustrated and angry to live in this world

please die, thx gg wp

M

MrChumble

unf.

Two days as moderator and I get this to play with. Hurrah.

The site is very nice, and obviously took a lot of work. But, as Sar pointed out, all flash sites are going to be a problem for a very large number of readers.
You obviously have design skills, why not alter the site to a more modem friendly setup? Or provide a modem version.

Sar: be nice. I don't know you, and I care more what the moh community peeps think than what you do :p

DuckofWar: Your reaction was over the top. Please try to retain a sense of proportion.

Now I have to go admin a match, and I will spank anyone who's fighting when I come back :rolleyes:

K

*Kornholio*

Re: Thanx Lads

Originally posted by DuckofWar

Ok, so you're prepared to alienate nearly 90% of the UK online population then ?? Strange choice....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread