New lotm dungeon

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
If they made it simple to run no one would buy new pc parts...

Which goes hand in hand with my previous posts. It's all a plot against the end users.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
atos said:
Which goes hand in hand with my previous posts. It's all a plot against the end users.

Well on the other hand these end-users don't seem to give a shit cause you nearly never hear that people don't buy products from those companies.

Oh yeah, Microsoft sux...but I like to use MS Office.

People nowadays are pretty good at complaining but pretty bad at actually doing something. Not buying a product and instead downloading it doesn't count cause you still use it and you're a criminal on top of this.

To change things you don't need to start with the big bang, but that's what most people seem to think. So you don't like how Mythic handles the game? Get lots of people to write them mails to show that there are people who really care. Whining on a forum takes a 3 liner and makes you look like a fool (more or less), whereas formulating some kind of complaint by mail is a much better phrasing of your opinion.

So I couldn't afford to buy a complete MS Office packet? I downloaded OpenOffice and it works like a charm, even that I was very unsure about it at first.

My notebook runs on Linux and I don't feel I'm really missing anything for university purposes. I can even run the games I need there (oh yeah, Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe ftw =)) ) and everything else that is open source (without relying on DX etc. ofc).

Also, it always sounds like if the computer industry was the big evil out there, but go check your cars. The reason you drive with petroleum based fuel is that long ago, the Rockefellers (who were big time into the petroleum market) used their power to have cars built with such motors. Back in these days, Henry Ford said that ethanol based motors would run better. Nowadays things changed and you have alternatives which are really viable. Also, Sweden has 5% ethanol in every kind of fuel already =) (I think it's 5%).

What do we learn? Stuff can be changed, but only if people stop complaining for a minute and actually try to change stuff. It's easy to feel like a milked cow, but sometimes people should just try and trample down the fence and as more join in, the fence gets weaker =)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I am quite happy because I have the choice (the way Lil described), only mistake that has been made was to start using DirectX w/o releasing game clients for other platforms like MacOS or Linux.

Everz

FH is my second home
the dungeon is insane.. 50k in 1hr on my druid.. just duoing with rr11 mana menta.. its great

Daphney

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:
Persoanlly the best thing that could happen now is if Moores law went invalid. That would force a change.

Moore himself declared that law invalid not too long ago (last week even i believe). (Un)fortunately Intel found a way around, putting multiple cores in 1 CPU.

illu

Part of the furniture
Just sounds to me like it's another Caster dream place and as usual, the meleer's get screwed.
Hope they give us the fixes all in one as otherwise it's going to be just full of smelly hibs, and the rest of people will avoid it like the plague.

Oli - Illu

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Tesla Monkor said:
There is no LotM client. LotM is just like Darkness Rising more of a 'Big Patch' than an expansion. You can enter the dungeon if you have your account flagged that way. (By activating the expansion)

You still need to use the LotM install - it'll have textures/models etc. that the other clients don't have.

Same way you don't get into the king's throneroom unless you run the DR client (and don't see the zippy new texture sin camelot).

The client is the same as the DR/Catacombs one, just it has more data.

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
they shut down the usa severs yesterday to address the los issuse. the severs were down for over 6 hours during the morning and most of the afternoon est.

they released a 3.1mb patch for labyrith, which addressed the los problem. i have run in labyrith and its got some great graphics in there. its also an rp fest, the only problem tho is there is a bottle neck at the main ''hub'' were all three realms meet....namly 200 albs , hibs and mids camping a corridor....kinda like old amgs in of , which makes your pc lag severly :D

note : there was a bainshhe and animist who made 3.6 milllion rps in a week in labyrith...double xp bonus helpt :eek2:

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Daphney said:
Moore himself declared that law invalid not too long ago (last week even i believe). (Un)fortunately Intel found a way around, putting multiple cores in 1 CPU.

Well I'm going to laugh the day they start multiplying the amount of cores in a CPU instead. :eek:

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Do you lose your buffs when you port into this dungon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom