New idea 4 the archer classes...

E

Ekg

Remove Ts and See hidden and give all archer classes a new RA called "crack shot"

Crack Shot gives the archer a "insta arrow" , You will make a normal arrow attack but you can do it while you are running. It would be kinda nice for the archer dont you think?
It has a 5 min timer.

And lets make a normal fighter special attack for the asssasins.
Like the one's warrior's, arms, and hero has.

just a thought...

L

loxleyhood

I've thought about that one myself, Parthain shot I called it ;)

Very nice idea imo, will give archers more time to attack charging enemies and if all else fails just piss off persuers.

I assume however it would still be ravaged by block/evade/miss/fumble/pbt though. This is what needs to be fixed.

S

Silenzio

maybe just a ... Crit while stelthed Stun the target...

thats would be rlly nice... an not spammable since u have to be in stelth mode n keep stelthed wile aiming...

K

kaod

Why not just a RA or class level ability that allows a break of BT and has high accuracy?

N

nightsorrow

or a Disabling shot, like, an arrow in his leg, he gets movement penalty....:p

but first i want them to decrease the chance to fumble/miss

B

bishibosh

just make crit shot penetrate and nulify (ie needs recast) pbt lol, its so blatently obvious, its not like its even as easy to do as assassins crit, and that penetrates. And also snare/poison arrow would be nice hehe

F

Faeldawn

Magic arrows anyone?

This has to be the only fantasy game in existence that doesnt allow archers to get/use magic effect arrows.

Weapons can be magical, so why not arrows?

F

findannain

yeah, i want an arrow that turns into tree and then smashes down on the enemy thus crushing it. would be most amusing to see

H

Hatt

I dont think we need more luv :)
Im happy as it is now.. if they just could patch to 1.60 so i can buy my armor!!! ;)

F

FoXeH

stop complaining archers ROX
comparing them with mercs tho :eek6:

L

loxleyhood

What I want is huge buring vats of oil in every single keep at lvl10. Drag your arrows on to these and BAM! Fire Arrows! :D

O

old.LandShark

critshots go through BT, remove see hidden, boost detect hidden, remove IP from everyone except tanks, finito

N

nightsorrow

Originally posted by Hatt
I dont think we need more luv :)
Im happy as it is now.. if they just could patch to 1.60 so i can buy my armor!!! ;)
[/QUOTE

dont say any more:), we need love
dont care what, as long if its a good thing im happy:)]

V

VodkaFairy

What about an RA that allows archers to fire while running, it can be interrupted and has a 50% extra chance to miss and reduced damage but without timer?

Good for the Legolas-wannabe's :p

A

Archeon

Originally posted by old.LandShark
critshots go through BT, remove see hidden, boost detect hidden, remove IP from everyone except tanks, finito

Bugger that, remove IP full stop and make FA an anytime heal. Make a new non-combat heal/frigg for DT healing.

B

bishibosh

Originally posted by FoXeH
stop complaining archers ROX
comparing them with mercs tho :eek6:
get to lvl 50 first plz lol

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by Archeon
Bugger that, remove IP full stop and make FA an anytime heal. Make a new non-combat heal/frigg for DT healing.

wouldn't it just be easier to nerf ip heal values instead? :p

R

Repent Reloaded

giv'em tanks, machine guns and one of those lazer beams that come down from space.... and some candy.

A

Archeon

Originally posted by StormriderX
wouldn't it just be easier to nerf ip heal values instead? :p

Well i guess that would work as well... but i like the idea of FA being turned into a frigg on a 5min timer, because it wouldn't be a straight heal i think it would serve its purpose as a Downtime heal better (i'd assume thats what Mythic had in mind, seeing as the spells cannot be used while i combat)

Maybe make MCL a mana frigg of sorts.

While were at it...

Give primary healer classes a group version of the remove Disease/Posion spells (Not a group Remove mez though) and make it high mend, like lvl 42 or somthing so its not too easily accessable

And god damn make shaman friggs a heal over time, not a friggs that would encourage people to spec mend more highly!

PBAE res! you stand in the middle of a group of bodys, it totally drains your mana back and has a beastly long cast time but allows you to get wiped-out groups up faster

Anyway, i'm done

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by bishibosh
just make crit shot penetrate and nulify (ie needs recast) pbt lol, its so blatently obvious, its not like its even as easy to do as assassins crit, and that penetrates. And also snare/poison arrow would be nice hehe

Sure.. Nullify PBT.

The only defense versus a good archer I have is PBT.

Decrease miss/fumble/evade rates on arrows. That's wrong with archers, in the first place. Duelling a scout:

Stealth, critshot, absorbed by PBT, he drops out of stealth. I let him slam me and he tries a shot POINT-BLANK on me and he misses. How the hell can a lvl 50 archer RR5+ MISS FROM POINTBLANK RANGE ?!

Furthermore remove SH as passive RA and replace it as an active RA, same timer as TS. Make a stealth-spec from an archer/minstrel around 75% effective as same stealth-spec as assassin.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Hmm...not a good idea to remove the BT line of defence from casters. Its never going to happen so don't bother dreaming about it. :p

All of the other problems, like fumbling and missing, is just plain BS! I mean, COME ON!! Lvl 50 sorcerers take down purplely con mobs with no trouble (well, perhaps a teensy weensy bit) but lvl 50 scouts can't even nock a friggin' arrow without cocking it up? Do Mythic think that Scouts are all inbred red neck hicks with two left hands?

For shame...~shakes head sadly~

F

fyraie

Having a guarenteed BT burst isn't a good idea. The idea of having an increased % chance to pop it (or bypass it, thereby not requiring a recast) in the bow spec line appeals to me - 10% chanace at 35 spec, 20% chance at 40 spec 30% at 45 and 50% at 50 (gotta give the 50 bowspec guy a little extra for speccing a full 50 :p)

Yeah, the missing stood next to a stunned target is a little silly, but the miss/fumble is well documented. I use 35% bonus 99% and mp bows and the misses are not insane, but still high.

AFAIK assassins don't recieve any penalty to evade on arrow attacks. If this is the case, I think *some* penalty in line with shield vs 2 weapons would be a little fairer.

Another idea floating around (www.critshot.com) is to consider an overall crit RA for archers, as they currently have to buy seperate RAs for bow crit and melee crits....but I can't imagine this coming near the top of any fix lists.

As for an arrow on the run RA? That sound's pretty cool :)

H

hotrat

just make crit shot penetrate and nulify (ie needs recast) pbt lol,
At first i thought this would be too powerful but then i think of assasin one hitting mages below level 50 , but then i remember sniper has a 2000 range.. kinda unfair as if crit a mage below level 50 it would kill them in 2 shots.
An assasin did one hit kill my lvl 45 sorc but she was right in the open and before the assasin restealthed it got spotted and killed by a roaming alb group, a sniper doesnt have this dis-advantage (as much)

G

Gorbash

archer bow styles should be the way forward. imagine the possibilities...

leg shot - snare
foot shot - root
arm shot - strength/melee debuff
hand shot - cast speed debuff
neck shot - high damage / crit shot
chest shot - standard damage
head shot - int debuff

endless fun :)

G

Galiryn

what about explosive-arrows ? ground target and shoot, AOE dmg..

could be done with alchemy and a fletcher ? :)

K

Khazik

Originally posted by Faeldawn
Magic arrows anyone?

This has to be the only fantasy game in existence that doesnt allow archers to get/use magic effect arrows.

Weapons can be magical, so why not arrows?

Nice idea.

Anyway, too time consuming to 'enchant' arrows with abilities, which is why the Bows are enchanted instead. Not really feasible in game imo.

Playing a Hunter myself, I would like to see See Hidden gone, as well as True Sight. Much nicer before RAs came out imo. At least get rid of the active RAs, some passives are ok. But to keep all fair, remove all RAs :p

Its a fantasy game based around some Lore, and I don't pretend to know a great deal about the Lore of DAoC, but neither do I recall any Heros in the mythology that had a bow that spouted fire arrows or suchlike.

Again, nice idea, but not really feasible. Leave that to dead games like DS/NWN.

K

Khazik

Originally posted by Gorbash
archer bow styles should be the way forward. imagine the possibilities...

leg shot - snare
foot shot - root
arm shot - strength/melee debuff
hand shot - cast speed debuff
neck shot - high damage / crit shot
chest shot - standard damage
head shot - int debuff

endless fun :)

I half like this one :) nice idea on being able to pick your target area - maybe a RA/spec idea.

Only reason I only half like this idea is because, how do you 'style' a bow shot? Swords/axes can be swung in certain ways granted... But how can you vary the way you shoot an arrow? With limited knowledge of RL archery, I only know I can shoot for distance or power. Can vary those, but not the 'way' it actually works. Notch, Draw, Aim, Release.. Thats about all I can think of.

Again nice idea, but, in two minds about it.

p.s only playing devils advocate here. I have no flamer in hand.

Users who are viewing this thread