Buffbott Idea for GoA

D

drunkenmonk

if anyone knows anyway to send ideas to goa/mythic <probably to have them laughed at and ignored or same thank you for your email blah blah blah> then why not this idea...
we all know buffbotts are ruining the game and we all know that they wont disapear bcoz of the accounts ect..
so heres an idea, why dont they make an npc buffbott and stick it at the teleport keeps, obviously this npc wont give u the top buffs, that would be ridiculous, cos as stated people wouldnt need the BB <aside from pve>, but maybe giving out some mid lvl buffs. The lowest viable lvl id say for a cleric or those who use BB buffs would probably be 40, so maybe they could give out some lvl 25-30 buffs <however not to self buffing classes - ie cleric and friar>. Now this may sound stupid, but lbh, any arms , infil, scout ect who doesnt have a buffbott is gonna die to easy, and this way it wont balance them perfectly vs a 50 buffbotted class, but would give them more of a viable chance. This way people would stop the buffbott moaning whines so much and RvR would be a better place. And those who want the ultimate uberness can still PL thier cleric to 50.
just a thought and maybe a stupid one, but if anyone has the know how to post ideas like this onto mythic/GoA whoever id like to try lol, just to see what reply it got.

C

corel

why should they give out freely when they can $ell?

O

old_saxo

very great idear. But mythic / GoA want MONEY, same whit ToA the new expension pack

If you dont have ToA items you gonna get owned big time by the guys who have it big time. They forcing people to buy it to have fun... i find it rude so im happy WoW is coming ^^

S

Sixpack

Originally posted by drunkenmonk
we all know buffbotts are ruining the game

We do? Well actually I like buffbotts and feel they give an extra -positive- dimension to the game. Like it or not, BBs has been in this game ever since start, for example does albion have clerics, friars, theurgists, wizards, necros etc which all can behave as buffbotts.. In different ways for sure but still. So BBs are a part of the daoc structure and alot... ALOT needs to be changed if the this basics of daoc shall change.

And unfair? Nah. Everyone can get another account. I guess the argument is that not all can afford this etc, well everyone cant afford top PCs either. So we make fast PCs banned too?
We make it illegal to to play more then 5 hours rvr a week because time spent in rvr = realm rank and its unfair to others if some peeps get high rr too fast?

With the chance of sounding rude, which isnt my intention, then daoc might not be THE game for you if you dont like the buffing up - Or other ppl having priveleges you dont have or dont choose to have.

Just my opinion.

Regards

Six

E

ethiraseth

Re: Re: Buffbott Idea for GoA

Originally posted by Sixpack
Blabla...

The usual reply from a buffbot user :sleeping:

problem with buffbots is that it is not something you get when you buy a box. You have to buy the game and pay for it twice to be able to get it, while for realmranks or uberdrops you don't.

In my opinion Mythic should have put it in the manual that, to be able to fully enjoy the game, you have to buy 2 boxes of daoc and pay for 2 subscriptions.

why should someone who pays more for the same game get advantages? Why not just include a "instakill target player" button for those who pay 100 euro a month subscription then? They pay more so they should get the advantage over someone who doesnt pay it, right?

And i dont think that paying for 2 accounts is a problem for 90% of the players , and those who really can't afford it can probably borrow them from someone elses his/hers buffbot.

ah well, why do I even bother replying to it, it's not like the ones that use buffbots want to give away their advantage so they can pwn unbuffed players and say how skilled they are :sleeping:

A

arrakeen

its not that you need a buffbot to have fun, just make a class that works in groups instead of running solo. If you dont have buffs dont solo. live with it there are so meny buffbots these days so even without a second accout you often get buffs from friends or just a friendly random dude :)

D

drunkenmonk

Re: Re: Buffbott Idea for GoA

Originally posted by Sixpack

With the chance of sounding rude, which isnt my intention, then daoc might not be THE game for you if you dont like the buffing up - Or other ppl having priveleges you dont have or dont choose to have.

Just my opinion.

Regards

Six

? im a friar so buffbott buffs give only a tiny bit extra advantage to me anyway, they arent spoiling the game for me just a lot of others

M

mandom

Re: Re: Re: Buffbott Idea for GoA

Originally posted by drunkenmonk
? im a friar so buffbott buffs give only a tiny bit extra advantage to me anyway, they arent spoiling the game for me just a lot of others
well, they are still spoiling it for you to, selfbuffed friar are uber solo vs most other chars with no self buffs

F

-fwapp-

well mythic have got ppl right where they want them - either pay twice as much and buy 2 daoc/SI or you will not enjoy playing whatsoever if ur a soloer class

C

chimaira

So accepting buffs from a cleric walking by just handing some buffs to you is YOU BUFFBOT LAMER!!!!11one then?

ive always rejected buffbots but at the end got one myself.

whats so lame with buffbots is

I GOT MOTA4 XDDD I GET +3 more dex now !!!!

THATS lame. buffbots helps and only thing that piss me off bout its that Mythic so opened put em on by greed. by making 1 comp handling 2 accounts.

yeah like it was gonna be used primary for what else? :x

regards

M

m4rk

giving everyone buffs is exactly the same as not giving everyone buffs, everyone will be equal with or without lol

T

Tham

Buffbots destroyed the game imo, not in PvP but in PvE, it's soo fecking hard to get a good grp to xp with nowdays.
You must have a second acount with an lvl 50 SM ( talking 'bout mids as I dont know any about the other realms way of xp:ing) on it to get to 50 in a "normal" time, and in the caverns you see 10-20 ppl running around like mad and owning mobs solo with his BB. noone groups like in the "old" day and having fun together

The game is slowly killing it self, as the new players who just bought the game will grew tired of the game around lvl 15 'couse the dont have anyone to grp with.

I tried to xp my last lvl 50's in the way the game was designed to, but gave up, got me an account with a shaman and SM on and went lair.

IMHO, the xp system sux nowdays, just gonna take my warr(47) to lvl 50 and then nomore xp:ing and when I get tired of my lvl 50's .... bye, bye daoc.

D

devilnl

Dont be sad..
Line age 2 Coming up next!!!! :D
1a.jpg

4a.jpg

Short and the UBER bow =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom