new GOA Quest - Alchemy

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Vandar said:
Anyone on Alb actually found the beech to make the glass yet?

Should be near the SI Capital City. Check out the Beaches there until a Message pops up.

Vandar

Loyal Freddie
I've run around the ocean beeches for the last 30 min no joy, is the beech by a river or lake in Mid/Hib?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Icebreaker said:
Wrong!

You dont have to be a Alchemist to transfer the Potions into the Bottle/Barrel. You can do that yourself by using the Old Alchemist. All you need to do is buying the Potions you want from a Alchemist or at the Market Explorer.Neither do you need to be a Alchemist to collect the empty Bottles/Barrels

you have to have access to an alchemist pots sell pretty damned fast on the ME ;) it also makes it another "must do this to compete in RvR" thing which everyone seems to like whining about :p i.e. you have to go get a barrel or a load of pots to "compete".

personally I'll find it really useful but it will affect the balance of the game (probably not by much mind you but it will)

Outlander

Part of the furniture
in alb goto the pier at goth harbour. on the immediate right hand side of the pier just wander around the sandy area there until you get popup message. and I dont mean way along the shore, just immediately beside the pier where the sand starts is all you need to do. :)

Can anyone confirm if elixir of speed pots can by converted into barrels? I tried to bottle some but no joy, just wondered if its just me :(

Oh and I love this its great :) Means I have 3 pages of pots that I normally use in RvR all squished into 2 slots yeyeyeye! :D

Vandar

Loyal Freddie
And the precise text to say is ....?

"In Shazam Tadam !"

??
Doesn't work for me

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
you have to have access to an alchemist pots sell pretty damned fast on the ME ;) it also makes it another "must do this to compete in RvR" thing which everyone seems to like whining about :p i.e. you have to go get a barrel or a load of pots to "compete".

personally I'll find it really useful but it will affect the balance of the game (probably not by much mind you but it will)
Wah Wah, this has been hoped for ages. There are allways those that complain no matter what GOA does.
Obviously there will be lot more potions on market now that they dont have to be on cm one by one. And people don't have to buy those potions so often because they can now stock up more.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
An entire barrel takes about 30 minutes to craft all the 121 power pots, expect to pay a premium to get these things.

The amount of power given on power pots is hardly overpowering these days. Making power pots more accessible is a great idea, each power pot costs 2.5g to make. Every time a power pot is used, its 2.5g gone out of the economy - surely this is a good thing considering how inflated the prices are at the moment?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Ttillub said:
Wah Wah, this has been hoped for ages. There are allways those that complain no matter what GOA does.
Obviously there will be lot more potions on market now that they dont have to be on cm one by one. And people don't have to buy those potions so often because they can now stock up more.

personally I like it :p I'm always carting around loads of end pots, it'll be really handy, just pointing out that it does change things - people will always have pots now. Guess it means everyone's more likely to have pots rather than the people that have alcemists or port back to buy more every day.

The quests themselves are really cool - and the cooper/glass blower add a bit of character to camelot which is always good :)

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
Took me around 45 mins to 1hr to craft em all, cost was approx 349g including materials you buy from the alchemist.

Very nice addition to Tnn and daoc in general, hopefully it will stay like some other GOA quests have :)

:cheers: to GOA for the side-quest, very nice indeed.

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
Speedr said:
cost was approx 349g including materials you buy from the alchemist.

Doh !! too late to edit, anyways meant to type 300g approx :p

Asq

Fledgling Freddie
Looking at current prices for pots... I doubt any alch s willing to sell for 300g. I figure more a price of 60 - 70g for a bottle and tenfold that for a barrel.

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
Asq said:
Looking at current prices for pots... I doubt any alch s willing to sell for 300g. I figure more a price of 60 - 70g for a bottle and tenfold that for a barrel.

well taking from the current prices of a single pot , in this case 4-5g for strong elixirs i'd put a pricetag of around 500g for the barrel at 4g a pot, but thats just me but then again, it's almost an hour's crafting so the 100g markup is warranted imo.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
lol, i dont have to buy pots no more?? just buy a big barrel and drag that along........ funny to think about how it would look like in rl D

Outlander

Part of the furniture
For anyone that still needs to know.

Albion
Bottle
1. Starter NPC is the Old Alchemist, he is found inside Camelot City and stands in the corner outside Merlins Tower/Round Table room. (approach from teleporters and he is on immediate right hand side through the double doors)

2. To create 1 bottle buy a 'Trapped Lightning' from this NPC and port to Goth Harbour. Once there head to the immediate right hand side of the pier to where the beach begins (small sandy area directly opposite crafters area) and just wander back and forth here until you get a popup message saying you have found the sand you are looking for.
At this point you must /say the magic words given to you buy the Old Alchemist which are 'In Shazam Tadam !' upon saying this the Lightning will be released and will replace with Rough Glass.(note sometimes this doesnt work 1st time round, just wander a bit more and get another popup and try again)

3. Take the Rough Glass to the 'Glass Blower' NPC in Camelot City, he is located inside 'The Magic Shop' opposite the Teleporters. Give him the Rough Glass and he will give you a Bottle in return! :D (note if you wish you can take several Trapped Lightnings along at once and receive several Bottles at once to save you lots of running)

4. Now make sure you have 11 potions of whatever type you require in your inventory and hand the bottle over the Old Alchemist. He will automatically fill the Bottle up with 10 of your potions (he spills one of your potions) and you will recieve your greater bottle of whatever which contains 10 charges of your specified potion :) (This will not work with haste pots)

Barrel
1. To get 1 Barrel you must buy an 'Enchanted Seed' and a 'Alchemists Billhook' from the Old Alchemist in Camelot.(again you can take several seeds at once if you wish to make more than one barrel at once, only 1 billhook is needed)

2. Use a Teleporter and go to Avalon Marsh. Once there you will find small 'Animated Earth' thingys just off the side of the path next to the Teleporter, take your seed out of your inventory and drop it on one of the animated earths. This will then transform into a 'Bright-wood Seedling'. Now all you have to do is swap the billhook with your weapon and hit the little fella with it and you will receive the Bright Wood in your inventory.

3. Now go back to Camelot and visit the Cooper, he can be found outside 'Ye Olde Mug' tavern, just up from the Academy and next to the fountain with the mincer trainer. Give him the wood and you will get a Barrel! :D

4. To create a Barrel you will need a Barrel and 11 Bottles of whatever type you need in your inventory. Take the Barrel and hand it to the Old Alchemits and he will fill it with your bottles and return it to you ready to use! A super 100 charges! :D

(in total to make 1 barrel you will need: 121 potions, 11 bottles, 1 barrel)
Hope this helps you babehs.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Kaun_IA said:
lol, i dont have to buy pots no more?? just buy a big barrel and drag that along........ funny to think about how it would look like in rl D

Makes sense for alb though... Friar Tuck?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
can someone tell me where i can find the glass maker and cooper in TNN?

ta

Falukropp

Fledgling Freddie
Went to uni just to find out that todays lecture was postponed until after lunch. Got some time to kill, so here's a walkthrough for Mid:

What you need:

* An alchemist with sufficient skill to make the potion type you want to stack. 650 skill or so should be sufficient. Or a good friend willing to make potions while you do the quest part to get empty bottles and a barrel.

* About 40 mins of time if the potions are greycon in your alchemist skill list, a bit more the first time you do the quest, or if the potions arent greycon.

Preparations:

* Clear up slots in your inv. You'll need free slots for 11 empty bottles, 1 empty barrel, ingredients for 121 pots, 11 pots and one spare slot. Thats a lot of slots.

* Buy the ingredients needed to make 121 of the type of potion you want to make into a barrel. Strong Elixir of Power for a Strong Barrel of Power, Strong Elixir of Endurance for an end barrel etc.

* Go to the Old Alchemist just outside the guild hall in Jordheim (loc 24901, 18432 Jordheim)
From him, buy:
1 Billhook
1 Enchanted Seed
11 Trapped Lightning

* Make a macro: /macro blah /s In Shazam Tadam !
(make sure that the part after the /s is spelled EXACTLY like it's spelled here, including the space between Tadam and the exclamation mark, or it won't work.)

* Equip the Billhook in the weapon slot

You're not gonna get any quest in your quest journal. This is in its order.

The quest:

After doing the preparations, port to Aegirhamn. Go to loc 39145, 51299 Aegir's Landing (thats on the beach with the Sjora mobs) A message will pop up. When it does, spam your /s In Shazam Tadam ! macro 11 times.
Check your inventory. Your 11 Trapped Lightnings should now be exchanged for 11 Rough Glass.

Now get back to the porter in Aegir and port to Gotar.

Right to the NW of the Apprentice Channeler or whatever he's named in Nalliten, at loc 49641, 32548 Gotar, there will be a bunch of very small greycon mobs called Animated Earth.
Drop your Enchanted Seed on one of them. It will turn into a Bright Wood Seedling.
Make sure you got your Billhook equipped as a weapon, and kill the Bright Wood Seedling using it.
Now you'll receive an item called Bright Wood.

Get back to Jordheim. The easiest way is to port Nalliten -> Aegir -> Jordheim

Now get to Koparens Marknard in Jordheim. (for you oldtimers, the place where you bought lowlvl weapons in the early days of the game)
Here you'll find an NPC called Cooper (loc 21337, 25769 Jordheim).
Give him the Bright Wood. You'll receive an Empty Barrel in return.

Proceed to the smithery close to the temple with Gothis. At loc 25250, 25708 Jordheim you'll find an NPC named Glass Blower.
Turn in all the Rough Glass pieces to him. In renturn you'll get 11 empty bottles.

Now it's time to craft potions. If you havent bought ingredients for the potions yet, do so now. As mentioned before, you'll need 121 pots.
Go back to the Old Alchemist (still at loc 24901, 18432 Jordheim) and start crafting.
Make 11 pots, then hand over one of the Empty Bottles to the Old Alchemist. The pots you've been making will disappear from your inventory and you'll get a filled bottle with 10 charges in return. Repeat this 11 times, until you have 11 bottles. Now turn in the Empty Barrel. The bottles will disappear from your inv and you'll get your barrel with 100 charges.

Grats, you've just made your first barrel :>

Basically, each bottle requires 11 potions, and each barrel requires 11 bottles, making a total of 121 potions per barrel.

Creds goes to Parn, based this walkthrough on his guide on the alliance forums. Just translated it, added locs, restructured it some, etc.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Time to make the qq post.

Great work GOA/Mythic. Another sweet thing that we don't have or most likely will get on camlann. :(

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Adoctor said:
yes you can... i made a barrel of the 14% haste yesterday

So you can actually barrel invigoration and haste potions??

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
Aadia said:
So you can actually barrel invigoration and haste potions??

yes..i made the haste one yesterday and a guildie made the end one.

Asq

Fledgling Freddie
Speedr said:
well taking from the current prices of a single pot , in this case 4-5g for strong elixirs i'd put a pricetag of around 500g for the barrel at 4g a pot, but thats just me but then again, it's almost an hour's crafting so the 100g markup is warranted imo.
That;s what I was thinking... first barrel I saw on ME was priced 1.5p on Hib Excal though. So much for inflation I guess.

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Asq said:
That;s what I was thinking... first barrel I saw on ME was priced 1.5p on Hib Excal though. So much for inflation I guess.

You thought an crafter would spend 30-60 minutes of his time making you a barrel for 100g when you same time can farm 5-50 plat in TOA?
Seems like a very sweet deal for you.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I think crafters take out far to little cash for their work. You should be able to make some serious money from crafting, not tipmoney

Lamont

Fledgling Freddie
High level armourcrafters are very lucky. These days a lgm armourcrafter can easily make a plat an hour profit for mp chain orders, and if they are selective about what orders they take that can easily increase to anything up to 5 plat per hour (although people prepared to pay that kind of profit margin are few and far between)

Spellcrafters could quite easily charge a lot more for their imbuing (sp?) services, as there's such a short supply of them, but as the actual act of imbuing takes seconds, I think most spellcrafters feel they can't justify charging huge amounts for 2 seconds work.

Most of the actual demand on a spellcrafter or alchemist's time is for relatively low level things... such as pots or plus 4 skill gems etc etc, and most of these can be made with between 500 and 900 skill, and the materials don't cost that much, so there's not that much money to be made.

Crafting needs to be looked at desperately. But in the meantime, if you want to make enough profit in crafting to justify your decision not to actually go and have fun in DV farming scrolls with your friends (Cemi0 makes a great point about this in this thread) choose armourcrafting. Just be aware that you'll get practically zero orders until you hit about 1050 skill, and it costs a lot and takes a looooong time to get there.

Asq

Fledgling Freddie
cemi0 said:
You thought an crafter would spend 30-60 minutes of his time making you a barrel for 100g when you same time can farm 5-50 plat in TOA?
Seems like a very sweet deal for you.
I'm kinda one of the crafters myself, so no, no 100g barrels. On the other hand... I still think 1.5p is a bit overpriced, even though it takes close to 45 minutes to make a barrel.

Lamont said:
High level armourcrafters are very lucky. These days a lgm armourcrafter can easily make a plat an hour profit for mp chain orders, and if they are selective about what orders they take that can easily increase to anything up to 5 plat per hour (although people prepared to pay that kind of profit margin are few and far between)

Spellcrafters could quite easily charge a lot more for their imbuing (sp?) services, as there's such a short supply of them, but as the actual act of imbuing takes seconds, I think most spellcrafters feel they can't justify charging huge amounts for 2 seconds work.

Most of the actual demand on a spellcrafter or alchemist's time is for relatively low level things... such as pots or plus 4 skill gems etc etc, and most of these can be made with between 500 and 900 skill, and the materials don't cost that much, so there's not that much money to be made.

Crafting needs to be looked at desperately. But in the meantime, if you want to make enough profit in crafting to justify your decision not to actually go and have fun in DV farming scrolls with your friends (Cemi0 makes a great point about this in this thread) choose armourcrafting. Just be aware that you'll get practically zero orders until you hit about 1050 skill, and it costs a lot and takes a looooong time to get there.
With the huge costs involved and not to mention the large number of retries it often takes, high profits are often not there. Of course some customers pay well and follow a deal made... but tell someone it took you 50+ retries which bring high costs and they will frown (at least).
You have a point about armorcrafters (specialy scale) though. They can pretty much charge what they want due to the sheer lack of acers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom