new GOA Quest - Alchemy

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone found out how to release the trapped Lightning yet ?

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
My Question is what can Alchemists do with the empty bottle and the barell you get from the cooper and the other Gimp.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
luribeauty said:
Where do you get these new quest's ?

In Tnn at the Druid Groove where the Alchemist Table is. The name of the NPC is Old Alchemist. As Reward for your work you can get empty bottles and barrels which can be used to put Potions (End Pots etc) in it to safe Inventory space. Very good Quest for Alchemists.

Here are two pics from the German Servers:

The Places to get the required Items are near the Connla Guard Tower (Where the old SI Porter was) and at the Beach near Domnann (Run along the Beach from the Docks torwards Domnann, you get a Message at the Place)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
someone told me in game, the incantation to release the lightning is "In Shazam Tadam !", mind the blank before the exclamation mark!

(now who writes like -that- ?)

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
I hope this quest stays around forever, because this is one of the biggest crafting related requests for mythic.

Few things, you have to have stuff in order in your bp for it to work.

has to be:>

Empty bottle
potion
potion
potion
potion
potion
potion
potion
potion
potion
potion
potion

Good things are, it wont eat up any more than 11 potions, i tested just incase, by having 12 in my backpack after the bottle, and it still only used 11 which is nice.

This is pretty uber :)

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
wat lvl alchem do u need to be to start this quest ??

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
11 potions -> bottle with 10 charges
11 bottles -> barrel with 100 charges

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
So if I start this on my alchemist will I be able to sell 1 barrel on my CM etc?
or does the user have to make quest aswell?

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
cemi0 said:
So if I start this on my alchemist will I be able to sell 1 barrel on my CM etc?
or does the user have to make quest aswell?

dont think you have to be an alchemist at all to do it, and yes the barrels/bottles are tradeable

the reason its called the alchemist quest is because you need to be an alch to make potions in the first place.

I did this with my SB and I just bought some pots from CM, and combined them into a bottle.

to combine them btw, you need to have the stuff in your inventory like I showed in earlier post, and then hand the old alchemist the empty bottle, he will do the rest :)

Olly

Loyal Freddie
givf more info, would be ace to stash endo pots in a barrel :eek:

Feyd

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone know if the bottles and barrels are reusable, eg. can they be 'recharged' once they are empty?

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
they're just like the Greater Nerid Potions

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Feyd said:
Anyone know if the bottles and barrels are reusable, eg. can they be 'recharged' once they are empty?

The Quest (which isnt really a quest) can be repeated.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
hmm so now end pots and healpots are required for rvr rather than very useful but with an inconvenience cost?

not sure if I like the balance implication tbh. Though I'll appreciate not having to fill up my inventory with pots.

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
hmm so now end pots and healpots are required for rvr rather than very useful but with an inconvenience cost?

not sure if I like the balance implication tbh. Though I'll appreciate not having to fill up my inventory with pots.

I dont quite follow you there?

Just cause they stack doesnt make them "required".

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

think you've never see the inventory of a stealther :p

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
you can do the quest over and over if you want and sell the barrels for profit if you want.

personally got 2 barrels with power instead of a full inventory with pots now, r0x! 200pots in 2 slots r0x :D

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
Outlander said:
hmm where on alb is this quest located?

camelot prolly since its in jordheim by the alch table in mid and same for hibs in TNN

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
walkthrou for mid in swedish:

[14:45:09] <neoD[ml]> jag fattar inte hur man gör
[14:45:23] <MaditioN> drar till jordheim
[14:45:26] <MaditioN> vi alchie
[14:45:33] <MaditioN> köper 11 lightning glass
[14:45:37] <MaditioN> 1 enchanted seed
[14:45:43] <MaditioN> 1 billhook hammer
[14:45:50] <MaditioN> sen drar aegir, porta gotar från aegir
[14:46:01] <MaditioN> ge enchanted seed till en liten mob där
[14:46:14] <MaditioN> slå ihjäl den me billhook hammer så får du wood
[14:46:22] <MaditioN> porta aegir igen
[14:46:31] <MaditioN> spring över bron sen till vänster bort mot stranden
[14:46:43] <MaditioN> när du kommer till rätt ställe på stranden får du ett popupmsg
[14:47:04] <MaditioN> då skriver man "/s in shazam tadam !" så förvandlas lightning glass till rough glass
[14:47:15] <MaditioN> så spammar man det 11ggr så förvandlas alla till rätt
[14:47:19] <MaditioN> då drar man jordheim
[14:47:29] <MaditioN> ner till market, finns en kille som heter cooper, ger han wood
[14:47:33] <MaditioN> så får man en barrel
[14:47:43] * remi|sdf- (dirc@85.30.147.89) Quit (Quit: dIRC IRC Client - www.dragonmount.net/dirc/)
[14:47:43] <MaditioN> springer bort på vägen lite till första smedjan
[14:47:54] <MaditioN> längst in finns det en kille som du ger rough glass, alla 11
[14:48:05] <MaditioN> då får du 11st potions
[14:48:16] <MaditioN> då springer du upp till alchie table igen
[14:48:22] <MaditioN> när du ger en potion till gubben där
[14:48:31] <MaditioN> så tar han 11 pots från dig och en potion
[14:48:39] <MaditioN> och ger dig en potion me 10 charges på
[14:48:44] <MaditioN> när du har 10 potions me 10x charges på
[14:48:55] <MaditioN> så ger du honom barrel så får du en full barrel me 100 charges på
[14:48:59] <MaditioN> så lätt :p

cba to translate into english atm ;d

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
cemi0 said:
I dont quite follow you there?

Just cause they stack doesnt make them "required".

if you can have 200 pots in your inventory at all times it means you will have 200 pots in your inventory at all times which means someone who doesn't have access to alchemy is now in the same position someone without a buffbot is in (though to a lesser extent given the effect of pots isn't anything like the effect of buffs.)

With non-stacking pots there's a limit to how much you can carry and an "irritation cost" of them clogging up your inventory and having to be restocked.

This is why mythic haven't just made pots stackable/20 charge versions.

It's a nice feature ;) but there's a balance issue here.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
if you can have 200 pots in your inventory at all times it means you will have 200 pots in your inventory at all times which means someone who doesn't have access to alchemy is now in the same position someone without a buffbot is in (though to a lesser extent given the effect of pots isn't anything like the effect of buffs.)

Wrong!

You dont have to be a Alchemist to transfer the Potions into the Bottle/Barrel. You can do that yourself by using the Old Alchemist. All you need to do is buying the Potions you want from a Alchemist or at the Market Explorer.Neither do you need to be a Alchemist to collect the empty Bottles/Barrels

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
would anyone run all over the housing zones for 1 pot ? doubt it.
And if you put 20+ on a CM you're wasting valueable space for other items that will sell for far more.
So eventually now -more- people will have access to pots, since it's more worthwhile to sell bottles and barrels! :D

(not like 650 Alchemy is hard to get)

Feyd

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:
would anyone run all over the housing zones for 1 pot ? doubt it.
And if you put 20+ on a CM you're wasting valueable space for other items that will sell for far more.
So eventually now -more- people will have access to pots, since it's more worthwhile to sell bottles and barrels! :D

(not like 650 Alchemy is hard to get)
Well - i have 60 pots (of various kind) on my CM every day - and i sell them all every day.
aye - its a small profit on each - but the volume makes up for it.
But with the new barrels and bottles then i might consider to put some of them on CM also.

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Have tried to make a bottle of speed pots but for some reason it will not let me. End and heal are uber though :)

Vandar

Loyal Freddie
Anyone on Alb actually found the beech to make the glass yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom