new GOA Quest - Alchemy

Outlander

Part of the furniture
hmm I dunno whats going on but still for some reason I cannot create haste bottles :( /cryirl

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
I had a look last night on the alb/excal ME, someone was selling a weak barrel of power (lvl 10) for 2p ??? :twak:

My cost price for 1 barrel of lvl 20 ones is around 115g or something... which means a weak one is definatley lower then that.
I have to say i am not gonna overprice my stuff on the merchant but i do want it to be worthwile so i put my lvl 20 ones up for 500g. Way way better then the guy selling a lvl 10 barrel for 2p!

Someone even suggested to me to put the lvl 20 ones up for 1p and the lvl 40 ones for 2p, but imo on a lvl 40 barrel (costprice 304g) selling for 1p is still a nice profit of about 700g.

Yes it takes long to make a barrel, but imo the normal pots used to go on excal between 3-4g each. So 2p for a stupid barrel really isn't justified.

There's a very thin line in what's fair for prices and what's not as for alot of people this will vary.

As for the profit you mention on AC, i stopped making public armour and only do mp's for friends now as the profit you make ain't worth the hassle due to time/retries... Unless they aren't going to do anything about the retries numbers when everything is grey for you to craft - armourcrafters won't get crafting.

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
Outlander said:
hmm I dunno whats going on but still for some reason I cannot create haste bottles :( /cryirl

you should be able too, i made mine using Improved Elixir of Speed.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Hehe...anyone tried with Greater Nereids? I'm 100% positive it won't work, but each pot has 20 charges, so each barrel would have 2000 charges which is 2000 hours which is...erm...nearly 84 days played!!!

Made end barrel for my mincer and power barrel for my cleric so far. Thinking about the Haste barrel for my reaver :)

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Killswitch said:
Hehe...anyone tried with Greater Nereids? I'm 100% positive it won't work, but each pot has 20 charges, so each barrel would have 2000 charges which is 2000 hours which is...erm...nearly 84 days played!!!

Made end barrel for my mincer and power barrel for my cleric so far. Thinking about the Haste barrel for my reaver :)

That makes me cry.... :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Phoebee-v- said:
That makes me cry.... :(

Dont worry Phoebee, we get the "yeah you can go rot for all i care" pot's which goa made especially for us camlann players. Oh its got unlimited charges iirc.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
Dont worry Phoebee, we get the "yeah you can go rot for all i care" pot's which goa made especially for us camlann players. Oh its got unlimited charges iirc.

Actually I think they know somewhere they have a server named camlann but they only dream nightmares about the nasty and whining people we are... :cheers:

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Adoctor said:
you should be able too, i made mine using Improved Elixir of Speed.

hmm ive been using strong elixirs of speed and its saying noooooooo i dont wanna make you a bottle outy! :(

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
Outlander said:
hmm ive been using strong elixirs of speed and its saying noooooooo i dont wanna make you a bottle outy! :(

afaik he will only do the first 3 tiers (for special pots) or 4 tiers (for healing pots) of potions , i don't think the last tier can be done.

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Adoctor said:
afaik he will only do the first 3 tiers (for special pots) or 4 tiers (for healing pots) of potions , i don't think the last tier can be done.

okies will just try it with cheapo pots thanks!

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I don't get it... why are these barrels so expensive?

It used to be 3.5~4g per power pot, which costs you 2.5g per powerpot to make. that's 1g~1.5g profit. let's say 1.5g profit per pot.

A barrel consists of 121 pots, which used to give you around 200 gold profit. why all of the sudden now the alchemists take 700g profit? I mean.. it's a bit of an extreme inflation don't ye guys think?

Sure, I don't craft either anymore because the profits were just not high enough to justify the time spent. but to raise your profits from one day to another with 250% is a bit extreme if you ask me...

Anyway, I'll craft me own :p

Feyd

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
I don't get it... why are these barrels so expensive?

It used to be 3.5~4g per power pot, which costs you 2.5g per powerpot to make. that's 1g~1.5g profit. let's say 1.5g profit per pot.

A barrel consists of 121 pots, which used to give you around 200 gold profit. why all of the sudden now the alchemists take 700g profit? I mean.. it's a bit of an extreme inflation don't ye guys think?

Sure, I don't craft either anymore because the profits were just not high enough to justify the time spent. but to raise your profits from one day to another with 250% is a bit extreme if you ask me...

Anyway, I'll craft me own :p
the profit might be good, but the profit on the 1-charge potions was very low, and the reason why the higher profit on the barrels is that you have to invest alot more time in it. With 1-charge potions you only need say 10'ish min availabe to restock a CM. to make 1 barrel you need to invest 30-40 min, which can be hard if you dont mind to miss out on RvR/artyhunt/ML sessions, where the 1-charge potions you could do between, og after the session.

Falukropp

Fledgling Freddie
If you dont wanna pay 2p for a barrel, there's an easy solution to the problem. Skill up an alchemist yourself and make your own barrels. It's as easy as that.

Personally I think it's way more greedy to expect other ppl to serve you everything on a silver plate than wanting something for the effort.

Tbh, 2p is nothing for 40 mins of time. You can make way more cash than that from scroll farming or something in the same time. Personally I'd never even think of making barrels for profit.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
A barrel involves 30 mins of tedious button pressing every 14 seconds or so.

Those of you who feel that barrels are overpriced, feel free to level up an alchemist and put some on a consignment merchant.

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
A barrel involves 30 mins of tedious button pressing every 14 seconds or so.

Those of you who feel that barrels are overpriced, feel free to level up an alchemist and put some on a consignment merchant.

There's a difference in being overpriced and reasonable though... see my previous post about 2p for a lvl 10 weak barrel.

Vandar

Loyal Freddie
What ever they sell for to me is what they are worth.
Pots used to sell for 3-4G and it was never ever worth it for an Alc to waste his time. If anyone tells me they did it for money before I'd laugh at them.

I never make pots and I'm never going to make any bottles/barrels for general consumption only for a few friends IF I really can be assed at the time because its just toooo much hastle to spend 45 mins of your time in a game thats supposed to be fun doing something that is obviously not fun for such a crappy amount of cash.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Aadia said:
There's a difference in being overpriced and reasonable though... see my previous post about 2p for a lvl 10 weak barrel.

There is always overpriced stuff on the CM though. 1 example of something overpriced isn't really going to change anything if there is other stuff avaliable cheaper. I have frequently put things that I might want to use later on my CM for a significant markup and they do get sold.

If I had a crafter I would be charging at least 1plat for these barrels and probably 2plat for the higher tier stuff. I can easily make 1plat an hour farming with chars I have and thats alot easier to do. At the moment its a sellers market and the convience of having 100 charges far outweighs 1plat. Just remember how many people still have 100+plat from the server crash on prydwen.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Bare in mind tho, like most new things the prices come down after a while. If one person wants to put a barrel on there for 2p, the next person will see that priced at 2p and maybe lower his to 1p 900g and so on, just so he can get the sale rather than the other guy.

Just give it time, the prices will soon go to a reasonable amount. (personally i think 1p 500g is quite reasonable).

jrjr999

Fledgling Freddie
When making glass from lighting don't forget to say it or use macro i.e macro /s In Shazam Tadam ! on main took me ages to fall in lol <mind you I'm the thick one>

Effendor

Fledgling Freddie
I shoulda looked here first ...... I just ran all round ToA, Scrios de atlantis .... North from the dock at Domnann , before deciding the best beach was at Necht (Hibernia). What a palava.

Effendor

Fledgling Freddie
Oh and just to stick my oar in (having just read all the posts) you can make breathing pot barells, and if you think 2 plat is expensive for having as many pots in 1 slot as 2 and a half backpacks full........ Wake up.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
2p is expensive.
I don't have a LGM crafter myself (rather watch paint dry then make a LGM crafter) but I know some people with a LGM crafter and they say it cost them around 500g to make the barrel + pots in it.
Charging 4 times the cost of an item is expensive nomatter how you look at it.
I sometimes make myself some Thid stuff and for other people and if I charge them 4 times the cost it would cost them around 1p per suit then they would probably just laugh and walk off.

I am all for giving crafters more money (When I get SC from guildies or people I know I almost always give them more then they want, sometimes even double of what they ask for seeing as I know they only charge me the cost of the materials) but charging 4 times the cost of an item is ridiculous.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i make them and looked at prices on cms. For a lvl 30 end barrel (that can fill lvl 50 rogues easy) and lvl 30 power and heal barrels the price on Alb/excal is 1plat. Which isnt that bad considering the time it takes and the running around to make them.

Not sure how much lvl 20 ones are tho, i'd say around 500g at a guess, these barrels are great i got my mincer stocked up and a few other chars. I would suggest getting the lvl 30 ones if you are a sneaky char, cheaper than 40-50 (you dont need them) and fill you up nicely.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
2p is expensive.
I don't have a LGM crafter myself (rather watch paint dry then make a LGM crafter) but I know some people with a LGM crafter and they say it cost them around 500g to make the barrel + pots in it.
Charging 4 times the cost of an item is expensive nomatter how you look at it.
I sometimes make myself some Thid stuff and for other people and if I charge them 4 times the cost it would cost them around 1p per suit then they would probably just laugh and walk off.

I am all for giving crafters more money (When I get SC from guildies or people I know I almost always give them more then they want, sometimes even double of what they ask for seeing as I know they only charge me the cost of the materials) but charging 4 times the cost of an item is ridiculous.

No comment on what I'd charge.

However, as I crafter I tend to think about cost + time when making something. For these barrels, they take 1-2 hours each to make, so you have to take that into account.

After all, something that costs 100 gold and takes 5 minutes should be cheaper than something that costs 100 gold and takes 2 hours.

Darzil

pip

Banned
Falukropp said:
Went to uni just to find out that todays lecture was postponed until after lunch. Got some time to kill, so here's a walkthrough for Mid:

What you need:

* An alchemist with sufficient skill to make the potion type you want to stack. 650 skill or so should be sufficient. Or a good friend willing to make potions while you do the quest part to get empty bottles and a barrel.

* About 40 mins of time if the potions are greycon in your alchemist skill list, a bit more the first time you do the quest, or if the potions arent greycon.

Preparations:

* Clear up slots in your inv. You'll need free slots for 11 empty bottles, 1 empty barrel, ingredients for 121 pots, 11 pots and one spare slot. Thats a lot of slots.

* Buy the ingredients needed to make 121 of the type of potion you want to make into a barrel. Strong Elixir of Power for a Strong Barrel of Power, Strong Elixir of Endurance for an end barrel etc.

* Go to the Old Alchemist just outside the guild hall in Jordheim (loc 24901, 18432 Jordheim)
From him, buy:
1 Billhook
1 Enchanted Seed
11 Trapped Lightning

* Make a macro: /macro blah /s In Shazam Tadam !
(make sure that the part after the /s is spelled EXACTLY like it's spelled here, including the space between Tadam and the exclamation mark, or it won't work.)

* Equip the Billhook in the weapon slot

You're not gonna get any quest in your quest journal. This is in its order.

The quest:

After doing the preparations, port to Aegirhamn. Go to loc 39145, 51299 Aegir's Landing (thats on the beach with the Sjora mobs) A message will pop up. When it does, spam your /s In Shazam Tadam ! macro 11 times.
Check your inventory. Your 11 Trapped Lightnings should now be exchanged for 11 Rough Glass.

Now get back to the porter in Aegir and port to Gotar.

Right to the NW of the Apprentice Channeler or whatever he's named in Nalliten, at loc 49641, 32548 Gotar, there will be a bunch of very small greycon mobs called Animated Earth.
Drop your Enchanted Seed on one of them. It will turn into a Bright Wood Seedling.
Make sure you got your Billhook equipped as a weapon, and kill the Bright Wood Seedling using it.
Now you'll receive an item called Bright Wood.

Get back to Jordheim. The easiest way is to port Nalliten -> Aegir -> Jordheim

Now get to Koparens Marknard in Jordheim. (for you oldtimers, the place where you bought lowlvl weapons in the early days of the game)
Here you'll find an NPC called Cooper (loc 21337, 25769 Jordheim).
Give him the Bright Wood. You'll receive an Empty Barrel in return.

Proceed to the smithery close to the temple with Gothis. At loc 25250, 25708 Jordheim you'll find an NPC named Glass Blower.
Turn in all the Rough Glass pieces to him. In renturn you'll get 11 empty bottles.

Now it's time to craft potions. If you havent bought ingredients for the potions yet, do so now. As mentioned before, you'll need 121 pots.
Go back to the Old Alchemist (still at loc 24901, 18432 Jordheim) and start crafting.
Make 11 pots, then hand over one of the Empty Bottles to the Old Alchemist. The pots you've been making will disappear from your inventory and you'll get a filled bottle with 10 charges in return. Repeat this 11 times, until you have 11 bottles. Now turn in the Empty Barrel. The bottles will disappear from your inv and you'll get your barrel with 100 charges.

Grats, you've just made your first barrel :>

Basically, each bottle requires 11 potions, and each barrel requires 11 bottles, making a total of 121 potions per barrel.

Creds goes to Parn, based this walkthrough on his guide on the alliance forums. Just translated it, added locs, restructured it some, etc.
n1 have a rep

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom