New FH Minecraft server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Deebs, have agreed to give us a subforum =) So that we can have a better overview of everything :)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
He will probably do it soon enough :p

Anyway, I fucked up the iConomy by trying to install the newest version. Which means, everyone had their money reset. So please tell me the amount you had(I can remember top5), but not the one after that.

Nate

FH is my second home
I'm pretty damn sure I was number one after winning the lottery last night. about 8 million.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
He will probably do it soon enough :p

Anyway, I fucked up the iConomy by trying to install the newest version. Which means, everyone had their money reset. So please tell me the amount you had(I can remember top5), but not the one after that.

I had about 3100

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Yes :( Minecraft.net is down. Can't even connect myself

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
A few things from Notch himself from 4 days ago-present

Warning: Some malicious client mods are stealing passwords

When you install a mod, the mods gets full access to your computer, and can do ANYTHING to it.
Make sure you absolutely trust the source before installing any such mods.This applies to both server mods and client mods.

I don’t know which mods are the culprits.

When the modding support is added, there will be support for sandboxing mods to give them less access to important stuff. You can chose to trust a mod if you want to, and if it needs to do fancy things, but the default will be to run the mod sandboxed.

The state of Minecraft

There are manly men with powertools in our office, punching floors and walls in an attempt to make things look better. As a result, we haven’t been able to work from the office this week, and worked from home. Jens spent most of the week working on a new mob; the wolf! You can tame it and order it to follow you around, and it’ll work as a pet. They’re fairly rare, but they won’t despawn once you’ve tamed them.

I worked on the achievement and stats system. One design issue was dealing with offline mode and synching the achievements once you get a connection again, but that’s been solved. We’ve got a couple of people in the office who don’t like achievements in games at all, so the goal is to design something that they’re fine with.

Achievements will NOT be chores like “cut down 10000 trees”, but rather challenges like “ride a pig off a cliff”. Stats, however, will be used to keep track of how many trees you have cut down. The long term plan is to show achievements and stats from the profile page on minecraft.net as well, in case you want to brag.

Just keep in mind that because you can design your own levels and run your own servers, people will be able to cheat with achievements and stats! ;)

Oh, and here’s a vid of the wolves: YouTube - Wolfies (work in progress)

Edit: on that note is there any server mods you can use Chosen to hide our names? i've noticed it uses the minecraft.net logins, don't feel comfy knowing people can see it tbh.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Hmm, might have seen something that allows me to change your names inngame. I can check it out

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I have now updates and added the new stargate to the server, which you can create and use(Supports multiworld).

Instructions taken from the original owner of the mod :)

=============
Instructions
=============
Building a gate:
Code:

OO
O O - These are Obsidian blocks. You need 10.
O O - Place a sign on either of these two blocks of Obsidian.
O O
OO

- Type a name on the first line on the sign, it must be less than 12 characters long.
- Type a set destination name on the second line if desired.
- Type a network name on the third line if desired.
- Type any options on the 4th line if desired.

Sign Layout:
- Line 1: Gate Name (Max 12 characters)
- Line 2: Destination Name [Optional] (Max 12 characters, used for fixed-gates only)
- Line 3: Network name [Optional] (Max 12 characters)
- Line 4: Options [Optional] ('A' for always-on fixed gate, 'H' for hidden networked gate, 'P' for a private gate)

Using a gate:
- Right click the sign to choose a destination.
- Right/left click the button to open up a portal.
- Step through.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
i have now updates and added the new stargate to the server, which you can create and use(supports multiworld).

Instructions taken from the original owner of the mod :)

=============
instructions
=============
building a gate:
Code:

Oo
o o - these are obsidian blocks. You need 10.
O o - place a sign on either of these two blocks of obsidian.
O o
oo

- type a name on the first line on the sign, it must be less than 12 characters long.
- type a set destination name on the second line if desired.
- type a network name on the third line if desired.
- type any options on the 4th line if desired.

Sign layout:
- line 1: Gate name (max 12 characters)
- line 2: Destination name [optional] (max 12 characters, used for fixed-gates only)
- line 3: Network name [optional] (max 12 characters)
- line 4: Options [optional] ('a' for always-on fixed gate, 'h' for hidden networked gate, 'p' for a private gate)

using a gate:
- right click the sign to choose a destination.
- right/left click the button to open up a portal.
- step through.

woot!

Chosen

Resident Freddy
We got our own subforum now under general discussion =) So you can start posting there now.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Network hubs kinda defeat the purpose of having elaborate walkways and hubs if you ask me.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Well, if more agree with this. Ill remove it :) But doubt that many players will make gateways everywhere tho.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
From now on, use the subforum we got. instead of posting here :) Ill get Deebs to lock this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom