New Expansion

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Guys, keep in mind that with the next patch the speed for all classes that have speed is increased to be basically equal to that of the speedclasses of their realm - except for in RvR. *But still turbo speed in the rvr zones*

Speedclasses have more to worry about than the addition of horses in an expansion that's not going live for at least 9 months.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
I welcome these changes.

Just wished that it had'nt taken so long for Mythic to introduce them.
I am sad in a way that with all the player feedback that they have had over the years its only after the "competition" got stiffer that they actually implement what players have been asking for.

I do think that Mythic are moving in the right direction. I'm just sad it took so long and so many old timers left before Mythic started to listen.

Just my opinion. Nothing to get worked up about.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Sub-Classes sounds nice and so do player controled horses tbh :/

I want my shaman to have some other type of damage, or atleast some sort of crush style :/ Since it's pretty dull hitting seer classes when OOP unstyled, with perma end for 13-3 damage per hit :(

I'd like to know how it's earnt through exp... Since I've almost got 5 bubs of exp at level 50.

rosce

Fledgling Freddie
I guess (for those) that (are not tired of DAoC) it is good news that Mythic hasn't given up on DAoC yet and IS working on a new expansion.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
an armsman with a heretic focus pulse might be nice...

:m00:

shaark

Loyal Freddie
"""PLAYER CONTROLLED HORSES. They are coming and we saw the video showing the initial stages of them. With the expansion, at @ L35 everyone would be able to get a horse, however this will be the Standard Horse (free), not customizable. With the pay expansion you will be able to get a customizable horse or several different types. Barding, Armor, Guild colors, etc will be able to be put on the Horse. Horses will not be usable in combat and will travel at Mins/Bard/Skald speed. Completing CL's and other undefined quests, will unlock different abilities of the horse. Saddlebags will be available for additional storage. There is also a plan to be able to name your own horse.
"""

i want a bike :flame:

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
vintervargen said:
Because of the massive player feedback, we have decided to implement the Old Frontier zone Emain Macha in the middle of the North Sea, and removed all Mobs from it. Enjoy!

We wish..

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Ctuchik said:
u dont HAVE to do them u know... doing them just to feel "competative" is bollox..

You will HAVE to do them if CLs increase your hp by 250 and powerpool etc :p
I hope the champion weapons aren't absurdly overpowered. Better if they're roleplay tools.

If Mythic introduce horse breeding, this expansion will rock!
(tame the rare horse in zone X and breed with ultra-rare horse from Mob Y for a gold chocobo which goes underwater, across deserts and runs at mach6...)

+ The part about XP'ing to earn CLxp is scaring me. I don't want to XP at lv50 :(

++ Dual classing sounds stupid, but if CL rewards and mounts don't sell this expansion... the overpowering utility of dual classing will :p

I'd guess everyone will take some levels in healing and possibly cure-disease. It's not like the damage spells/styles will be worth using.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I also hope that the xp I already earned past 50 counts towards this Champion Level stuff. L50.98 on my warrior. :(

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Tafaya Anathas said:
Maybe I'm blind but I couldn't find the promised class balancing patch plans...

Class balance would be giveing mincers heals for stealth fight imo :sex:

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
I also hope that the xp I already earned past 50 counts towards this Champion Level stuff. L50.98 on my warrior. :(
Not more than that ?? :D

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Indeed, the expansion will give the possibility for characters to own personal mounts, which was eagerly awaited. There will be different types of mounts, the basic ones being accessible whichever version of the game the player possess.

u dont have to buy the expansion for ur mounts :p it actually sounds like a new SI, giving a new high lvl dungeon <shrug> and u cna get the champion of realm title through rvr aswell as pve so its not a bad expansion i wish we had this instead of toa

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Draylor said:
More odds n ends 'borrowed' from other games, more suggestions that were made 2+ years ago finally being discussed by Mythic.

Same old, same old, nothing of any interest at all.
Still here being grumpy, eh? ;) Isn't it time you realize that the MMORPG business is all about borrowing from each other, and that your currently favored game is no different? You're getting predictable, Draylor. :cool:

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
a shaman with styles would be quite doomy imo :eek: diseasing and dotting, meleeing with end5 etc is quite evil... wannabe pala if they spec for the frigg's as well ;D

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Seems retarded, now you're supposed to do 10MLs. Get ToA suit, get SC, get RAs and CLs?

Great I think I'll have a chance vs pure tanks etc now if they get spells too. Thane isn't unique anymore.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
atos said:
Seems retarded, now you're supposed to do 10MLs. Get ToA suit, get SC, get RAs and CLs?

Great I think I'll have a chance vs pure tanks etc now if they get spells too. Thane isn't unique anymore.

if tank gets weak spells
and caster gets weak melee

surely there should be something to improve spells/melee of a thane, or both to place them on a even footing, or they should get extra armor or something i dunno

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Subclassing seems interesting. I wonder if it goes for armour usage too. Would be nice if I could get my sorc to wear something tougher than cloth.

Sandariel

Fledgling Freddie
This Expansion sounds very nice so far...
And I honestly doubt you'll be able to use mounts in RvR... and even if it will be possible it would prolly be not very effective since you can't cast/fight while on a horse... So the speed classes will still be needed, since you won't be able to get that first mezz off in time if you first have to dismount. And I'd guess you'd get a message like "You just dismounted, you have to wait X seconds before casting a spell" when trying to cast right after dismounting.

Well, just a quick guess after some of the stuff I read. But I seriously doubt the speed classes will have to worry about this expansion.

I also really like the champion level idea since they'll be a lot easier to get than MLs and don't have such a big impact on RvR. I reckon CL 1 will be like.. +50 hitpoints, CL2 +5% power pool etc. Nice to have but not necessary. Again, just guessing here, but Mythic won't release another ToA, I'm quite sure about that. ;)

Subclassing sounds nice, too. Would be cool to have a caster speccing in small shields and swords for example, makes capping the template easier since you can fit in an extra item and can block somethign every now and then.

Well, we'll see, so far I like it. And adding only one new zone while redesigning the old ones is great... too many of the classic zones aren't used nowadays... Llyn Barfogg should get some nice new epic encounters imo :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Sandariel said:
Llyn Barfogg should get some nice new epic encounters imo :)
Ever been there? The pic encounters of LB are called Mouth, King, Legendary Afanc, Wrath of Mordred, etc. ;)

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
It might just be ok for daoc to get more stuff to do while leveling or pve'ing... But i really hope they dont release any more zones. Becouse on prydwen atm, its like 700-800 players on max, and that spread all over classics, SI, Toa and catacombs lands aint really alot... They should just add more tasks to do at the NPC's and lands that already exists.

I dont know if this is just what they are planing to do, becouse i have not read much about the expantion. But that is what i hope they will do.

And btwn, in PVE - daoc is turning into WoW with all the tasks and the Yellow markings etc, and now the mounts:p

Ticking

Fledgling Freddie
Seeing as no Arti repair mentiond still, these so called boosted items and new rewards will be equal to toa, if not even better making you stuck pve'n again is what I think.

Sandariel

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Ever been there? The pic encounters of LB are called Mouth, King, Legendary Afanc, Wrath of Mordred, etc. ;)

Of course I've been there... actually quite a lot, and about 3 years ago I even bought a "Mouldering staff" that dropped there for 1P... which was a pretty damn good staff back then.

Nowadays they're way too easy though, a solo cabbie can kill them and the drops are actually worthless. So I'm looking forward to see some "better" epic encounters there with the expansion and some nice new loot.

Diamond frogs there drop some nice glowie weapons, too, but the stats are rather pathetic now that we got SI/ToA/Catas drops :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom