Sounds like TOA, mk2 to me. *sigh*Old.Ilum said:Like the previous ones the new expansion brings new PvE contents dedicated this time for players of quite high levels (30 to 50). Indeed, the realms will call for their best inhabitants to deal with a rebellion which aim is to overthrow the sovereigns. No one knows who leads the plot and adventurers will thus have to unmask the enemy, find his territory and invade him to put an end to the threat. The invasion of this territory will not be simple and many epic battles will certainly come.
Characters will have the opportunity to accomplish heroic quests commanded by the highest authorities of the realm and will be able to gain the title of Champion of the realm. The status of Champion can be claimed by level 50 characters and will be obtained in PvE as well as in RvR as well as a new content specially meant for that. Champions will of course receive some benefits like access to the royal armory and will be able to personalise their mounts or use unique mounts.
Indeed, the expansion will give the possibility for characters to own personal mounts, which was eagerly awaited. There will be different types of mounts, the basic ones being accessible whichever version of the game the player possess.
A few high level epic zones will also appear and will also be the place for group quests. They will of course ask you to venture in the adventure wings for some parts of these quests - giving to each one the occasion to become the hero of the adventure.
i would love to see that day but all prydwen will see is a flock of tree huggers on unicorns or whatever :eek2:Kais said:if they can be used in rvr imagine the number of arthurs paladins riding with the zerg on their noble steeds
Well there goes "Darkness Rising"Evening all,
Just got back from the Roundtable in Washington DC and thought I would tell a bit about what was discussed and how things went.
Two Updates and one Expansion were shown. 1.76 for release in roughly June 05, 1.77 roughly Sep 05 and the new UNNAMED expansion in Winter 05.
1.76 - This update will be giving Guilds some love. Several things were mentioned as follows.
- An update to the Guild Interface. Making guild items more easily accessable.
- Instituing a merit system. This will have several aspects, but will be a good way to try to keep people in a guild.
- Guild Banners. Usable in RvR. This was very interesting. Each banner has a different ability (ie. with it Abs buff, mez reduction, etc..) Only one banner can be in RvR/Guild at a time. However, if the banner holder dies, the banner falls to the ground and an enemy realm will be able to pick it up and take it back to their guild house and display it like a trophy. The specifics on how long the banner stays in one place before it can be picked up have not been difined yet, but were being worked.
- Guild Missions. Much like RvR missions, but guild specific.
- Guild Dues. A system to pay guild dues. Not much was discussed about this.
1.77 - This update will be giving Classic Camelot a much needed rework. Specifics that were mentioned were updates to Epic Quests and Epic Armor. Making it worth wearing and doing the quests for. Updates to Classic high level areas (Dartmoor, Lyonesse, Llyn Barfog) Updates to the dungeons. etc... Specifics were sketchy but lots of good things were discussed.
- Epics. The big downer on the Epics was that one would have to REDO the epic quests from the beginning to get the new updated armor. However, the quests are being reworked so that peeps would be doing the same final quests for the armor.
- Many individual class bugs were discussed, too many to list, however, not many were new bugs not stated in TL reports.
- Talk about reducing the repair timer on razed towers was mentioned, and other thought on RvR. Some far fetched, some not so far fetched.
New Expansion - The next expansion (presently unnamed, in fact there was a contest to name it at the Roundtable) will be another PAY expansion. The next expansion will be based on each realms (Hib, Mid, Alb) is being "attacked" from within and is having his thone threatened. Players will talk to the king to start the process. This expansion will include several aspects I will discuss below, but will be Champion Quests, Champion Levels, Champion Weapon, and one other thing....
- Champion Quests. These are going to be in 3 phases, presently undetermined as to how it is going to be separated. But will be able to be started at Level 30. The 2nd phase may be at Level 40 with Phase 3 being the Champion Levels at L50.
- Champion Levels. These will additional abilities that you will be able to get, but not as powerful as ML's. Each Champion Level will give like a 50 HP increase or and increase to Power. etc... small things but will give the ability to work on Subclasses. Subclasses are being able to get abilities not normally available to you as a specific archtype. Example: A paladin would be able to get a low level Caster DD, or a Caster could spec in slash and be able to wear and use a sword. etc... certain things WILL NOT be allowed according to Mythic. Stealth, Speed, CC, Climb Walls, and several others will not be able to be Subclassed into. Completing each Champion Level will give one point to put into a subclass culminating to a total of 5 CL points. Titles will also be available at the completion of the Champion levels. Completing all CL's will lead to getting the Champion weapon.
- Champion Weapon. This will be the Weapon equivilent of Epic Armor. Each will be class specific and will be individually created for EACH class. The concept art of the Pally Sword was very nice. Eagle on the hilt and Bright Glowie...
- PLAYER CONTROLLED HORSES. They are coming and we saw the video showing the initial stages of them. With the expansion, at @ L35 everyone would be able to get a horse, however this will be the Standard Horse (free), not customizable. With the pay expansion you will be able to get a customizable horse or several different types. Barding, Armor, Guild colors, etc will be able to be put on the Horse. Horses will not be usable in combat and will travel at Mins/Bard/Skald speed. Completing CL's and other undefined quests, will unlock different abilities of the horse. Saddlebags will be available for additional storage. There is also a plan to be able to name your own horse.
Well, that is all I have at the moment, if you have any questions, go ahead and post and I will do my best to answer them.
Aeva said:I don't like the idea of Champion Levels, Champion Ranks and other Champion shit, we already have MLs to deal with, they are just taking it way too far
Tesla Monkor said:It's not a nerf, just another option. So far it sounds pretty much good fun, the new expansion. ^_^