New Expansion

PinkyPink

Fledgling Freddie
I dunno darkness rising still could ba maybe as each realm is getting attacked by an unseen force from within?????

So it could be that the Darkenss is rising from within each realm.

As for player mounts its about tme they went on par with the likes of WoW and the others, but will makes skalds/mincers/bards obsolete as everyone will just run on horse through rvr unless they restrict it to only PvE zones and keep it out of NF.

Like the idea of the Champion sub class thingy altho keeping the CC and stealth stuff out is a good idea imagine a Warlock with stealth lol.

Pink.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
PinkyPink said:
Like the idea of the Champion sub class thingy altho keeping the CC and stealth stuff out is a good idea imagine a Warlock with stealth lol.

and i wanted stealth and CC on my shaman... :)

id be just like a mini mincer without the speed... \o/

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
U mean Daoc will still be around in a year ?

Play Guild Wars instead, u can strip girlies to thier panties and make them poledance ^_^

other than that , sounds like a nice expansion but no one will be attracted to the game bcoz of it still bcoz of weeeee still no advertising. Wonder if the subs fees will increase too.

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
Horses will not be usable in combat and will travel at Mins/Bard/Skald speed

oh ok, destroy my character why dont you.

(not usable in rvr means not usable in the frontiers i guess, but on camlann all pvp is in the normal zones... fun :))

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
U mean Daoc will still be around in a year ?

Play Guild Wars instead, u can strip girlies to thier panties and make them poledance ^_^

other than that , sounds like a nice expansion but no one will be attracted to the game bcoz of it still bcoz of weeeee still no advertising. Wonder if the subs fees will increase too.

I've noticed a growing trend of noobs who go inactive and come to these boards just to whine about DAoC and to praise their latest game. I always think, why are you here? Is Guild Wars that shite you have spend time on these boards boring us with you monotony?

I mean if you are going to slag off DAoC at least get your facts right, ffs there's a 14 day trial of the game on the DVD of the UK's best selling PC gaming magazine, now to me that is advertising.

You also may want to get yourself a real girlfriend/boyfriend, and I mean a 3D real flesh and bones job, not the one you currently fantasize about in Guild Wars :)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
More odds n ends 'borrowed' from other games, more suggestions that were made 2+ years ago finally being discussed by Mythic.

Same old, same old, nothing of any interest at all.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Jeriraa said:
??? Will mincers finaly be removed from game? :flame:
They make mounts usable at all in rvr and that'll be the end of my mincer tbh.Bards will probably survive though due to primary mezzer/end regen etc.Skalds would be even worse off than minnys since the cant do a whole lot aside from speed and tank.

And those of you saying naaah they wont introduce them to rvr, i remember mythic saying naaa toa and ml's are just a little addition, they wont matter... :wanker:

Libertine

One of Freddy's beloved
Draylor said:
More odds n ends 'borrowed' from other games, more suggestions that were made 2+ years ago finally being discussed by Mythic.

Same old, same old, nothing of any interest at all.

Aye, i mean ive never seen any games 'borrow' good aspects of other games :m00:

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
TheBinarySurfer said:
They make mounts usable at all in rvr and that'll be the end of my mincer tbh.Bards will probably survive though due to primary mezzer/end regen etc.Skalds would be even worse off than minnys since the cant do a whole lot aside from speed and tank.

And those of you saying naaah they wont introduce them to rvr, i remember mythic saying naaa toa and ml's are just a little addition, they wont matter... :wanker:

well you can always ebay a new char

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
FINALLY player owned horses! They've been promising this for over 2 years!

vintervargen

Banned
Because of the massive player feedback, we have decided to implement the Old Frontier zone Emain Macha in the middle of the North Sea, and removed all Mobs from it. Enjoy!

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
They should let armsmen use mounts in combat - perhaps as a new rr5 ability :p

Solothores

Loyal Freddie
Asked some questions and received some answers:

Solo:
-> Anything about how many new zones will be implemented? Was anything mentioned about the look or dynamics of those zones?
- There will be 3 new zones total. One in each Realm. The concept art was not really shown for those zones and nothing really was stated as to where they were going to be. What was stated was that the zone will be where the 3rd phase of the Champion Levels will be.
There will also be an addition/change to each capital city. The King will be there... not sure specifically where, but will be there. The "doors that go nowhere" in Cammy Castle were mentioned and the devs got a strange look in their eyes when they were asked about them. They were very elusive about more on those doors.

-> Can you tell a bit more about how the horses looked at initial stage? Was there already some animation?
- The Horses looked Pretty good.. the grafic design from what we were shown did include rippling muscles while running. The detail was pretty good.
- When we were shown the video, we were asked to bring out these plastic coconuts that we were given when we checked in. The Video starts with the sound a of horse running... then it shows a rider... then pans out to the "rider" skipping along... followed closely by another guy with a BIG backpack and a pair of coconuts in his hands... IT WAS ABSOLUTELY CLASSIC!! Most people were begging that they institute that as an optional mount.
- The standard horses looked pretty much like the horses you see at the stablemaster. The advanced horses had different colors and there was talk about different breeds. Sizes were slightly diffenent depending on race of the rider, but horses weren't all that different in each Realm. Does that mean it won't change before release, I don't know. The graffics were Catacombs graffics so they were pretty good.

-> Any chance that some video footage might appear online by some RT Attendees? Or did they ban all cams?
- There were cameras and some video cameras, but I honestly can't say if anyone was filming. I unfortunately didn't get any shots... sad

-> Can you elaborate a bit more about what is meant with the 3 phases on the Champion Quests?
- The 3 phases were basically thought of as increasing in the story line progression. Mythic was deciding on whether it will be level based (ie... start at 30, continue next part at 40, final part at 50.. or something different). That portions specifics is still in development. Sorry, I can't answer more on that one.

-> Did they say more about story related stuff? e.g. if they want to strengthen that part, which imho lacked in terms of involvement and dialog?
- The story was talked about, but mostly as a general overview. I am not sure I follow the rest of this question. Do you mean Epics or in the Expansion?

-> Did some of you bug them about that darkness rising stuff anyway?
- There were lots of questions, but not alot of them (in my breakout session, there were 3 going at the same time and we rotated thru them) were about the story. Sorry I can't be more specific here. sad

-> A lot of confusion currently resides about the CL Skill points. To take the example of the low level dd for the paladin. Is it 1:1 comparable in terms of power to a lev5 spec nuke or will there be just five nukes that have individual delve values not comparable to the normal progression of traditional skill trees?
- For the subclassing, each Archtype, would be able to get basic training from a different Archtype trainer. (ie.. Paladin would not be able to see an Armsman trainer, because they are of the same Archtype, however could go to an Elementalist type trainer and learn some spells. Or a Healer for Healing ability or baseline buffs. Or Scout to learn how to use a bow.) What was stated was that the ability would not be OVERPOWERED. Mids would not be able to Chamber, Tanks would not be able to stealth (in fact no class, other than those that already could) would be able to do that.
- It was also stated that you could use all 5 of your CL points in one area making it stronger, or spread it out among several subclasses. 5 in one or 2 in one, 2 in another, 1 in last as an example. Does that help answer that a bit.

-> Whas there anything said about animation reworks? (old topic)
- Nothing that I heard... but what did you mean about animations? Emotes, spell effects, something else??

-> Will the 1.77 update include reworked mob modells as well? How drastic will the rework be? Will it be a complete Redesign including new loot, quests etc? Anything mentioned about the Dragon encounter and model?
- Specifics were not really discussed, however it was stated that the classic zones would get some well deserved "Love". Loot was talked about to make it more desirable, but specifics were hedgy...

-> Did they say anything about Voiceovers?
- Not that I heard sad

-> Was anything mentioned about Instanced RvR?
- Instanced RvR was not really talked about, but CL's will be Instanced and able to be completed either solo or grouped

-> What do you mean by saying "a customizable horse or several different types"? Different type of horses or types of mounts?
- errr... see above... It think I answered this up there....

-> Regarding Champion Weapons, were there more concept sketches presented than that of the pally weapon? If yes can you elaborate on them a bit.
- The only one we were shown was the Pally sword. To go back into my (hidden) past, I got the impression of a Holy Avenger Sword. The Eagle on the pommel was reminiscent <sp> of the Eagle on the Pally Epic armor, but with wider wings. The sword was Bright Glowy with VERY VERY Yellow/Gold glow. This was a concept art picture and not a grafic in game.
- No other examples were shown, however it was stated that each class would be unique. So the Wizzy staff would look nothing like the Sorc staff etc...
- It was also stated that they were looking on how to have it not only be class specific, but spec specific also and would be able to be turned in if a Respec was done (ie. Pole Arms switch to S/S would be able to change the pole to a sword type thing)

Thx in advance for your answers.

Cheers
Solo

Anytime, hope this helps answer some questions... Please let me know if there are any more....

If anyone of you has some open issues just ask them in this thread here:
http://vnboards.ign.com/Kay/b20808/86281581/?8

Cheers
Solo

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I think i like the addition of subclassing points - should be especially fun for tanks to learn some limited ranged abilities or healing or some such so they feel more usefull in sieges. Also, the ability to learn some baseline buffs would ofc be nice for people without buffbots.

Solothores

Loyal Freddie
Some more information:

"And no, I really dont think thats the case. I doubt theyre gonna give anyone a insta anything..no CC as stated...it may just work."

The devs said any spells you get thgis way will not be instas. BTW, lets say a tank goes and gets a dd from the mystic trainer. It's not any particular runey dd, for example, the spells you'll be getting are new spells that are *similar* in ways to what cloth casters in your realm get. you may get a dd that does 50 damage for 1 skill point, but it would effectively be a level 45 or 50 spell, so it wouldn't get resisted a ton. You can't put points into "battlesongs", since you aren't going to the skald trainer, you're goint to the fighter trainer, these points are not analagous to normal spec points per se.

"Would I would like to do is invest in Savagery"

No savagery. If you are *not* a tank in Mid, you can go to the fighter trainer (not a class trainer), and put points into purchasing the series of fighter abilities, no parry as such, as I said earlier, the abilities a cloth caster could purchase might be sword-style-style-shield-style. If a tank went to the seer trainer, it would probably be a couple of heals, and some lower end buffs. No stealth either. A tank that went to the rogue trainer might be able to get some low level envenom skills (no, +envenom would not apply), maybe an unspecced bow, etc.

The most expensive horse will be roughly equal to music class speed, but again, if you get into combat, you get knocked off, and there may be a re-use timer on the horse.

"Eww, that makes me think...what happens if a cleric could spec shield...I don't want my bolts blocked"

They can't "spec" shield, a non-shield class can get an unspecced shield this way, and maybe a shield style (which I guesss a cleric ight be able to get, but they'd still be using their normal unspecced shield, so I doubt their blocking would increase).

Basically, the series of abilities each class can get from a particular base class trainer are a fixed series of progressive low level abilities *similar* to what those other classes normally have.

"If the champion level stuff is doable solo and doesn't require hours of mob killing, it seems fine."

Ok, there are two things here:

1. The champion levels. You visit the king of your country and get on the champion path. At that point *any* xp you earn, from PvE, from RvR, quests, etc. gets you your champion levels. There are no trials. All that post 50 xp now has a use. This starts at 50.

2.The champion quest path. A series of linked quests starting pre-50 similar to the epic quest path in some ways, that culminates in you getting your champion weapon. The devs stated the final quests in this path will need full groups, but only 1 full group, in an instance designed for 1 full group, no massive raids needed.

"something tells me they'll be catacombs-strength items, with decent bonuses and maybe good enough to replace a decayed artifact, but not something to make someone re-sc for. "

You'll want to redo a template for them, most likely. On the subject of arties, however, and this is *very* tentative, the devs are in the early stages of looking at a revamp of the durability/decay system for irreplaceable items, like the new epic armors (look for them in september), the champion weps, and artifacts. No details, but the implication seemed to be you wouldn't have to worry nearly as much about durability loss on those items.

"Hmm just horses? This is fantasy Mythic! You can do what you want! Hopefully they'll add more magical/mythical beast. "

There was some talk of the ability to purchase other types of mounts at higher champion levels.

Oh, yeah, at higher champion levels, you get access to the King's Magery, where you can purchase respec stones, unique wep dyes, and other stuff TBD.

Keep in mind you will be able to respec your champion pointse (perhaps for a large fee, Mythic is really looking into ways to get the economy back under control), and you can also swap out your champ wep in the event you respec.

Oh, there seemed to be a bit of confusion over whether this is a free expansion-it is not, it is a retail expansion, The basic horses will be available without buying the expansion, however

Source:
http://vnboards.ign.com/Guinevere_(RP)/b20664/86260993/p6

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Will reserve judgement in light of some of the updates tyvm for the info. Still bit unhappy about the horses being as fast as mach 5 though...

And any firm into at all about artifacts degredation/repair please post it in big screaming capital letters - this is something most of the toa'ed players are quietly fearing wont be implemented at all...good news that they're at least thinking about it.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
So does that sub class mean I can put like all 5 points into lets say the minstrel instrument line and run at mach5 and be able to mez and insta stun and have an ablative chant etc?
If so I think it would work very nice with my Cleric :)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
there might be mounts in Rvr, but they will not move at mincer/bard speed. if they do have a slight increased speed from normally then i doubt you will be able to attack on your mount, you can still take damage though. Or something similiar.

having a mount in RvR will not OP you just balance what you can and cant do mounted.

:m00:

gobblet

Fledgling Freddie
I hope the new zones are small, we already have enough zones as it is! I could easily go a whole day walking around Midgard and see not a single person if I wanted to. The classic areas of DAoC are empty almost all the time. We don't need more zones, we need some of the redundant ones deleted and the rest revamped (bring on 1.77!)

I also hope this expansion brings either no or little graphical improvement, as I think my pc might explode. :(

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
They should rework the Classic Zones and implent the new Addon in it instead of making new Zones.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
amazing how many people don't read trough the entire thread before posting :p

Libertine

One of Freddy's beloved
Shanaia said:
amazing how many people don't read trough the entire thread before posting :p

Exactly, they see/hear about champion levels and just go off on one predicting doom and another toa expansion. They are funny to read though.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
I think sub-typing has more impact than the mounts yet is being discussed less.

I hope my hunter can have a bone commander and a couple healers :),
or
can borrow a warriors shield :),
or
is able to heal himself (bye bye Heals pots, heal charges and FA!) and get a haste boof.
or
can grab skald, runie or healer speed :)
or....

Now when you go into combat you'll never know what you're up against, it will be much more fun!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
to quote flim...

Doom! DoOOOOOoooom! etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom