new expansion announced

Aeoric

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
id be suprised if Minotaur can be any of the "unique" classes such as vampiir. id guess they only can be the "core" fighter classes

The way I read it, seems like Minotaurs will be limited to the Mauler class

The RvR zone with Minotaur Relics seems like it will be a 'capture the flag'
type of scenario

The RvR zone is a maze and should (assuming a high enough server pop)
lead to fg vs fg fights (perhaps zerg vs zerg), groups holding choke points
on the map. Would be interesting to include things that would allow people
to 'move' parts of the maze to dynamically 'change' choke points. Perhaps
something that they have to activate with more than say 4 people, and
require say 40 secs uninterrupted to complete.

I think it should be a pretty reasonable patch. It seems it's directed at
RvR which can only be a good thing (as this is the main reason that ppl
still play DAoC over other MMORPGs). As to whether they 'fix' enough
exisiting bugs to get new players into the game or lure old players back
remains to be seen.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
jesus christ.

its funny how people are like going

omg we gonna get pwned by LW duel wielder with inista nuke DD pwn 1k hit!

like wait for the patch to hit the US at least so we know what the class is like. we have bugger all info at the moment really.

DISCLAIMER: YES IT WILL PROLLY BE SOME OP CRAP THAT ALL THE NEWBS (<BAG> PIPE) WILL ROLE AND THEN GET NERFED AFTER THE 2 MONTHS IT TAKES FOR THE NEWBS (<BAG> PIPE) TO GET TO RR10. BUT LETS WAIT AND SEE HEY. :)

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
great, more timered abilitys, like the shit aint random enough allready

Well i'm rolling one for sure as soon as the expansion comes out, didn't roll an Inconnu necro/reaver at very beginning of SI, no HO at toa, no Heretic at Cata, now it's my time to shine! :<

Xajin

Fledgling Freddie
Rolling a Minotaur Mauler too (prolly the new FoTM)....
guess my merc is now worth 1 hours /played

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
would be nice if it was as good as immume to magic

melee fights are way more fun than caster fights :)
or was that a hint towards nerf sorc's/cabalists/wl's/sm's??
never fought a hib caster. so cant name any of those realy ;)

Nemo

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic said:
A New Playable Race for all Realms - The Minotaur. Half man, half bull, the Minotaur is so powerful he can wield two-handed weapons with a single hand
Whats the use of a 2h in 1 hand, AND still call it a 2h.
What will their next idiotic idea be?

A New Playable Race for all Realms - The Shemale. Half man, half woman, the Shemale is so powerful it can use it's sleeves in its pants-slot (good when you find 2 uber-sleeves and can't choose which to use)

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Frozodo said:
New Levels - Champion Levels 6-10. Five additional Champion Levels allow players to expand their powers, abilities, and items slots. Why o why do we have to keep xping ffs stop doing all this xp crap it is killing me !!!
PvE sucks !!!! qq irl for this shit.....new items new mp armor new champ levels.
Roll on qb nr 4 :)

MaCaBr3

Banned
Dunno what to think, i'm not 'omfg whoot' about this, guess I'll just have to wait and jump the bandwagon like everyone else.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Coming out with all these bold statements is just good marketing - gets peeps talking about it and gets them curious to play. Some of it will no doubt not make it too game or get nerfed pretty soon, but at the end of the day peeps will buy the game to see the new content.

On otherhand, a little bird told me, there'll unlikely to be any major class ajustments now till after the expension (and after they fix all the OP stuff brought in with it, this is only common sense anyhow). So if you play one of the classes that ain't got ur luvvin yet ala thanes, VWs, wizzies, you won't be getting it for a while now.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Graendel said:
Cowboypip inc.

this guy ? :p

cow_500px.jpg

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Aiteal said:
It all sounds very RvR orrientated
New SC slots with items that can only be found in the new RvR maze, which they claim is the largest dungeon in any mmorpg game.
Minotaur relics from the maze

According to missy on VN the 2handed thingy may not survive testing ;)

If its longer then SIDI GOA is gonna have to introduce the "Save game" option cause its gonna take a long time :p

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Kinetix said:
If its longer then SIDI GOA is gonna have to introduce the "Save game" option cause its gonna take a long time :p

Reading through the posts, I was thinking the same thing.

Still, I'm happy to see CL upped, part of me hoped that they would do this rather than what WoW did and increase to level 70 (could you imagine levelling to level 60 on DAOC? :puke: )

The new class looks cool, no doubt the PL groups will be running ;)

People are surely just going to camp the entrance to this new Dungeon like people used to camp PoC and such... :m00:

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
I hope they do something really clever about the dungeon.

If it's meant to be a RvR dungeon, we want a safe spot and a bind stone.

Imagine:
Buffing up at the border keep.
Run out to the dungeon.
Port in.
Wait for the solo shaman to give specs and end on a single conc bar.
Straight after immunity timer runs out and before buffing is done, get killed by the 2fg albs camping the entrance 24/7.
Release
Port back to Svasud

Two ports and two rebuffs, just to donate RP to the entrance campers.

So, I hope Mythic does something clever about that entrance. :)

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
sounds like a blast ... FGs roam agramon for FG fights .. and at the same time they can farm randoms going to the maze :p .. lovely :p .. haha

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade said:
Alot of things in life can make you cry.. but crying about an expansion that you know close to nothing about, and that is far from released yet, IS NOT ONE OF THEM

:m00:
Amen

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
not sure i like the idea of having to get stuff in an rvr environment, if i wanted pvp while i am pveing i would play camlann, though we will have to see.

guid0

Fledgling Freddie
Im getting very dissapointed with you who actually think that more sc slots and more cl's are a good thing.

If they increase the amount of sc slots it will just be like pre-ToA where everyone will have a template with all resist stats skills capped and this time that also includes 400 hits 25 cap to whatever important stat you have.

Now people have to choose which resists etc are the most important ones and that leaves alot of diversity to the people who actually can be arsed to get BoS weapons, altenatives speccs etc.

About the new CL abilitys im 99% sure they wont be anything unique just shittier overlappings of the previous ones. Seer line for instance cl 6-10 = 15% resist buffs a better grpheal and mayb even a spreadheal. This because they have to think within the frame of the baseclass the cl line is made of
and the abilitys availible pretty much already does that.

The new race/class will ofc be overpowered to make people buy the expansion, compare to savages, warlocks at release they will then be nerfed ~3-4 months later.

The new RvR seems like a nice idea, though with mythics zerg mentality i think it will be designed for primetimes when you have 100+ ppl armys from each realm. Else it will be the same as always: vast empty spaces where the
random n0bb0grp of doom farmes the occasional soloers/duoers who try to get all the new "must have to be rly good" items.

Then the game will march on like this for another year, playerbase will get even smaller with the new promising releases this fall, next spring and when
WAR is released noone will actually care a fuck.

For real this will suck dick, give instanced pvpzones, class improvements and more events instead

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom