New DaoC moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Jupitus said:
Which part of my post don't you understand? Now pack it in people, before Yoni decides to fulfill her promise to close the thread :twak:
<sigh> Do I have to do everything around here!

Jup he isnt commenting on sharmas past at all (as he stated). He wanted to know why the community knew nothing about the candidates and didnt get a chance to have their say, perhaps even a vote.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
BlitheringIdiot said:
Jup he isnt commenting on sharmas past at all (as he stated). He wanted to know why the community knew nothing about the candidates and didnt get a chance to have their say, perhaps even a vote.

Well, he said he thought we should have considered what the community thought of him, and I answered that we did do that.

To answer your point, BI, which is actually slightly different, Belsameth's retirement thread was up in full view and we took the stance that anyone active enough on the boards would have spotted that and anyone keen enough to take over would have put themselves forward (as they did). We could have spoonfed everyone with fluffy votes or a more formal application process but decided not to.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Jupitus said:
We could have spoonfed everyone with fluffy votes or a more formal application process but decided not to.
Belsameth said:
I'm sure Ziva or one of the other DAoC mods will be so kind to post their email here for applications for a new moderator
An email address was never posted :p

The way I took Tareregion post was that the application process was done badly, this I agree with.

What makes it worse is that it was all very internal and the person that was chosen has a bad past but just so happens to be good friends with the people with power. Throw in the fact that you keep threatening to close the thread.

You can quite easily see how people feel cheated and ignored here...

(Though as I have stated before I have no problems with sharma and dont really care abotu his being a mod or not)

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
BlitheringIdiot said:
An email address was never posted :p

No, it was decided that we would choose from those who took the initiative themselves and contacted one of us asking to be considered. This immediately meant we were looking at a shortlist of the keenest applicants rather than facing a prolonged and drawn out selection process.

BlitheringIdiot said:
(Though as I have stated before I have no problems with sharma and dont really care abotu his being a mod or not)

Then stop shit stirring please.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
I was going to say you'd make a good politician, you avoid the mainpoint and pick at bits that you can answer and if possible tarnish the person asking the question...

Though if you were a politician then you'd be all over tomorrows newspapers:
jupitus said:
No, it was decided that we would choose from those who took the initiative themselves and contacted one of us asking to be considered. This immediately meant we were looking at a shortlist of the keenest applicants rather than facing a prolonged and drawn out selection process.
jupitus said:
You also haven't seen the list of the applicants. I don't feel it would be appropriate to go into more detail on any individuals, but Sharma was a clear choice. I'll leave it at that.
They call that shooting yourself in the foot :p

Dont you just hate the media!

(Jup that was a light hearted jab, please dont reply with another post saying basically the same thing but just with different words in bold, thanks :p)

Litmus

Resident Freddy
frogster said:
Fair chance to the same Sharma that helped cause thousands of pounds in revenue loss to GOA? The same Sharma that helped caused a great number of players not being able to log in due to the password fiasco?

how did they lose any money?, they played dirty too and put every account ever made on auto renew.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Unsubscribing from this thread. You kids have fun now.

Gratz to Sharma on becoming the latest mod, I'm sure that people will judge your modding on its own merits/demerits.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
BlitheringIdiot said:
They call that shooting yourself in the foot :p

How so? The 2 quotes don't contradict one another... in fact you could quite reasonably combine them (paraphrasing):

Jupitus said:
No, it was decided that we would choose from those who took the initiative themselves and contacted one of us asking to be considered. This immediately meant we were looking at a shortlist of the keenest applicants rather than facing a prolonged and drawn out selection process. You haven't seen this list and I don't feel it would be appropriate to go into more detail on any individuals, but Sharma was a clear choice. I'll leave it at that.

I'm bored of this thread too, Roo :twak:

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Isn't the second quote saying that on the whole the applicants werent really that impressive (bar sharma), suggesting that your methods of picking the best didnt work?

I'll stop posting here too now, my humour is clearly far too sophisticated for you kids...

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
BlitheringIdiot said:
Isn't the second quote saying that on the whole the applicants werent really that impressive (bar sharma), suggesting that your methods of picking the best didnt work?

No. It implies that Sharma was better than the other applicants, in our view, nothing more, nothing less.

BlitheringIdiot said:
I'll stop posting here too now, my humour is clearly far too sophisticated for you kids...

Don't book yourself in at a stand-up comedy club anytime soon, eh?

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Enough of this tummy rubbish this thread is going nowhere except round in circles.

Sharma was chosen for mod enough said. If you felt you could have fulfilled this role you should have taken the initiative and pmd one of the current DAOC mods / myself / jup / deebs or TTD. Some did.

Out of those who applied Sharma was chosen please all get over it. He made a mistake big deal. Do you really want me reading every thread in the DAOC part of the forums to see if you are keeping to the CoC and if not reminding you at every instance?

Grats again Sharma (heh you can't say this isnt fun huh)

*Closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom