Not open for further replies.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Addlcove said:
jupe your avatar... is it two lions?

or a monkey giving itself a blowjob?

Two lions having a shag :D Happened last summer at a zoo we went to in France and I happened to find the pic on my laptop a few days back ;)

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
It would be interesting to see what you think constitutes trolling in this thread so far. There are many people disagreeing but I don't think they've been any more illogical than those defending Sharma.

All they basically seem to be wondering is what made him the best choice? Beyond of course the fact that he is a friend of the current mods. I haven't seen any sensible reasons to support the conclusion that "Sharma is the best choice" but I've seen plenty about why he isn't. Please enlighten me.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
As already pointed out Revz he made an excellent mod for FFXI on the game.net forums. That for me is enough. As for being a friend Sharma is part of the community and is friends with many more people than some of the Mods.

As for trolling I constitute that to mean - the continual persecution of someone who once made a mistake. We are all aware that Sharma cocked up. He has now been given a chance to prove he is not the irresponsible person that some would think.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Revz said:
I haven't seen any sensible reasons to support the conclusion that "Sharma is the best choice" but I've seen plenty about why he isn't. Please enlighten me.
He knows the community very well.
He knows how the forums work, which sub-forums to be wary of <grins> ;)
He is an experienced DAoC player.
He flawlessly ran the FFXI forums for 4 months.

...and I dont even know him. He obviously has something else related to his personality and character than meant (all) the mods thought it was ok to take the risk due to his past.

Happy? :p

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Revz said:
I haven't seen any sensible reasons to support the conclusion that "Sharma is the best choice" but I've seen plenty about why he isn't. Please enlighten me.

You also haven't seen the list of the applicants. I don't feel it would be appropriate to go into more detail on any individuals, but Sharma was a clear choice. I'll leave it at that.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Now that we have got that out of the way I wanna know something; aside from Bels, who else black balled me? :D

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
Tu quoque, appeal to pity, appeal to popularity. The only relevant reason is his moderation of the FFXI boards and I would hesitate to say whether that or his participation in the server downtime/password changes/hacking/exploiting are more relevant to the DAoC community.

He knows the community very well.
He knows how the forums work, which sub-forums to be wary of <grins>
He is an experienced DAoC player.

Those apply to anyone reading these forum. I'm sure Sharma breathes air and has two feet as well.

I don't feel it would be appropriate to go into more detail on any individuals, but Sharma was a clear choice. I'll leave it at that.

Well I can't challenge an argument on the basis of reasons I'm not aware of so I'll have to leave it at this. You could have just said "trust us" at the beginning instead of letting the other mods embarrass themselves by making up their own frail arguments.

Ayana

Fledgling Freddie
Revz said:
Tu quoque, appeal to pity, appeal to popularity. The only relevant reason is his moderation of the FFXI boards and I would hesitate to say whether that or his participation in the server downtime/password changes/hacking/exploiting are more relevant to the DAoC community.

Sharma didn't participate in any events that lead to any of those incidents. I mean ffs, get it into your thick skulls already.

All Sharma ever did was fly around in Emain and pop some epic mobs.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Yea, s'like when I was using teh radar hax to explore e-main and odins so I could see what it was like. I didn't use it to spy on enemy movements. T'was completely innocent.

:rolleyes:

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Very biased comments in this thread. Don't make out the exploiting to be a small issue, because it wasn't. Just say you like him and don't care about anything else.

Love is cute :wub:

Cyfr

Banned
Deadmanwalking said:
I never got told to apply :(

I would have whipped this place into shape in no time.

Same, I would have made a program to check excal OT and delete any new threads within 1min of opening. *rubs hands*

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Escape, don't think anyone is saying it was a small issue.

However, given that GOA don't even have a problem with it, don't you think thats a reasonable indication that there is some over-reaction going on here?

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Revz said:
Well I can't challenge an argument on the basis of reasons I'm not aware of so I'll have to leave it at this. You could have just said "trust us" at the beginning instead of letting the other mods embarrass themselves by making up their own frail arguments.

Revz, I don't think the mods have embarrassed themselves. Yes, we could have just said 'trust us' but instead we have discussed and explained in as much detail as we are reasonably able to first. Now that we have explored the 'reasonable discussion' avenue and still have doubters I will resort to the less informative, fuzzier and in my view far less desirable

Trust us

;)

Ziva

Fluffy
Sharma is applied as new DaoC moderator, end of story really.

If you have problems with him about moderation issues pm me or one of the other mods. I didn't make this topic to "ask how you would feel if he became a mod". For various reasons we think Sharma is the best choice for the "job" and if you have serious problems with that i suggest you make your own forums and be a mod there yourself.

<raises glass to cheer on Sharma, having fun yet? :D>

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
Ayana said:
Sharma didn't participate in any events that lead to any of those incidents. I mean ffs, get it into your thick skulls already.

All Sharma ever did was fly around in Emain and pop some epic mobs.

oh, so someone who clearly participated in hacking / abusing the server, resulting in servers that went off-line for several days, and causing alot of annoyance in the DAOC comunity is the best suited person as a moderator?
I think we live in a strange world. The bigger an ass you are, the more chance you have to make it in this world, proven yet again.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Iskander said:
oh, so someone who clearly participated in hacking / abusing the server, resulting in servers that went off-line for several days, and causing alot of annoyance in the DAOC comunity is the best suited person as a moderator?

In this instance, yes, in our view. Please read the thread before posting folks... it's getting a bit tiresome continually repeating myself.

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
I suspect that was a rhetorical question. There is no information in this thread for people to digest however, it boils down to "our view" and nothing else so unless you give some reasons there is nothing for people to miss.

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
In this instance, yes, in our view. Please read the thread before posting folks... it's getting a bit tiresome continually repeating myself.

And you didn't see a problem with this? A moderator should be someone who we can respect, not a joker who caused problems for all of us.
We already had problems with a mod who tried to scam people (in game), and now you add another guy who got no problem breaking a few laws. What the hell are you guys smoking?

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Revz said:
There is no information in this thread for people to digest however, it boils down to "our view" and nothing else so unless you give some reasons there is nothing for people to miss.

Sorry Revz, but isn't it a bit obvious that the choice of mod is going to come down to who is best for the job 'in our view' ? It's not as if the applicants all sit an exam and medical the results of which we can publish.

We discussed the applications including possible concerns over Sharma's past, and still decided that we felt he'd do a good job. What more information can we give you to digest? We have made it clear that have taken into account possible concerns in our discussions, and your earlier suggestion that we were 'suprised' that some people have their concerns is totally wrong.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Iskander said:
And you didn't see a problem with this? A moderator should be someone who we can respect, not a joker who caused problems for all of us.
We already had problems with a mod who tried to scam people (in game), and now you add another guy who got no problem breaking a few laws. What the hell are you guys smoking?

This is going round and round in circles. Read my response to Revz to understand the selection process. Thanks.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Iskander said:
I think we live in a strange world. The bigger an ass you are, the more chance you have to make it in this world, proven yet again.

then u should be next in line to be the new god yes??

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Jupitus said:
This is going round and round in circles. Read my response to Revz to understand the selection process. Thanks.
Its not going round in circles, these people are annoyed and you're not actually giving any reason as to why they shouldnt be annoyed.

So, to put jups point more bluntly:

GOA has no problem with sharma, therefore what he did is only a community issue. The people who run that community here have no problem with what happened, and if you personally do then tough luck. Afterall its not your forum so shut the hell up and stop complaining. Yes in principle there are probably more deserving and better suited people for the title, but sharma will do a good job.

Why is sharma's name in the mods list in bold btw?

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Not saying what I think about Sharma's new job, but I do think that the way applications are handled is wrong then, if I understand it right. You selected him because he was good at moderating. But u also should look at how the community thinks of him.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tareregion said:
I do think that the way applications are handled is wrong then, if I understand it right. You selected him because he was good at moderating. But u also should look at how the community thinks of him.

Jupitus said:
We discussed the applications including possible concerns over Sharma's past, and still decided that we felt he'd do a good job. What more information can we give you to digest? We have made it clear that we have taken into account possible concerns in our discussions, and your earlier suggestion that we were 'suprised' that some people have their concerns is totally wrong.

Which part of my post don't you understand? Now pack it in people, before Yoni decides to fulfill her promise to close the thread :twak:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom