New DaoC moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziva

Fluffy
After Belsameth laying her mod bat down we started looking for a successor for her which offcourse is impossible since Bels is one of a kind ;)

However, we have found a great guy who will no doubt do a good job aswell. He will be a welcome asset to the moderator team.
So please welcome Sharma as new DaoC moderator and be nice to him :fluffle:

And Bels, thank you for all the effort you made on these forums. I hope you will find a nice way to spend your time and don't become a stranger so keep posting hehe.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Well, i can say im very glad to be aboard at last! :D

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
/Checks the date... nope not April 1st..

This is a wind up tho yes? :eek7:

Belsameth

Tainted
*threatens hellfire and brimstone!*

I've known Sharma quite well for over a year now, and he'll be an excelent mod.
so before you all start raving about the injustice of this world I suggest you give him a fair chance :)

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
Fair chance to the same Sharma that helped cause thousands of pounds in revenue loss to GOA? The same Sharma that helped caused a great number of players not being able to log in due to the password fiasco?

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Roo Stercogburn said:
Gratz Sharma. Kiss your sanity goodbye. Look what it did to Jupitus :D

I think i lost that after Bels introduced me to her music taste. :p

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
I have NOTHING what so ever to do with DAOC but i do know sharma.

What the fuck are you on Ziva :(

;)

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
frogster said:
Fair chance to the same Sharma that helped cause thousands of pounds in revenue loss to GOA? The same Sharma that helped caused a great number of players not being able to log in due to the password fiasco?

actually that was .. whatshisname... sharma was only stupid enough to tack along on the ride.

of course we can´t have human mod´s that has made mistakes now can we...

grow up frogster, EVERYONE fucks up once in a while, forgive and forget, sharma wasn´t the one that cracked (NOT hacked, learn the difference young padawans) GOA´s system, he only took advantage of the tools given to him.

(kinda like a guy that borrows a stolen car even if he knows its stolen :))

-
welcome to a living nightmare Sharma.

(.) (.)

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
Grow up? For voicing a SHARED opinion? This is a discussion board no? I never said he "cracked" the servers. He did however take "advantage of the tools given to him" to help cause, as i mentioned before, thousands of pounds in revenue loss.
These are simple facts. I dont dislike Sharma, i talk to him on IRC.
What concerns me is, Moderators can view the i.p's of the accounts connected to the forum no? What if he takes "advantage of the tools given to him" to have a nosey around my pc?

And yeah, even i fuck up, but when i do i apologise for it.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Thank fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck for that.

~goes back to misbehaving~

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
frogster said:

Hee hee...oh yea, forgot about that. Ha ha ha! Ohhh my poor ickle Sharma. We are going to roast the fook out of you in eOT. :mad:

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Sod it, I like Sharma, and I don't care that I wasn't able to play for 4 weeks because of what he did - it gave me a chance to do something else which was a nice change (not that I'd ever go back to the real world :eek7: ).

Grats on Mod Sharma :clap:

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
frogster said:
I never said he "cracked" the servers. He did however take "advantage of the tools given to him" to help cause, as i mentioned before, thousands of pounds in revenue loss.
What concerns me is, Moderators can view the i.p's of the accounts connected to the forum no? What if he takes "advantage of the tools given to him" to have a nosey around my pc?.

those where ingame GM tools, not cracking tools, I honestly doubt sharma can do anything with your ip except maybe ping it :p

I´ve spend quite some time talking to sharma on IRC, and unless he´s one of the greatest actors of all time I´d be willing to stake my reputation (shaddered as it may be) on that he doesn´t have the remotest idea how to crack a computer.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
First thought was 'Lol, so retarded, lets just pick mods who are our friends!'

But sharma did a good enough job over on FFXI forums so perhaps he wont be so bad. Good luck :)

Out of interest though how many of our mods actually still play the game?

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
frogster said:
Grow up? For voicing a SHARED opinion? This is a discussion board no? I never said he "cracked" the servers. He did however take "advantage of the tools given to him" to help cause, as i mentioned before, thousands of pounds in revenue loss.
What concerns me is, Moderators can view the i.p's of the accounts connected to the forum no? What if he takes "advantage of the tools given to him" to have a nosey around my pc?

And yeah, even i fuck up, but when i do i apologise for it.

Frogster, Sharma was a moderator for FFIX on game.net after the so called inccident with goa and did not abuse the fact he could see peoples ip's, why should he do that now?

As I said when this position came up for discussion on the mods forums

I guess what I am saying is how many of you have skeletons in the closet which if people knew about would change their opinion of you so badly that you would have no credibility and how many of you if given the opportunity would like people to make decisions about you warts and all, knowing you for who you are today rather than a silly mistake you made during your life.

Give the lad a fair chance. I have known Sharma for a year or so and he is a good person who fucked up once.

Gratz Sharma and don't forget you play planetside :p

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
I play Prydwen, my main two realms thus far have been Albion and Midgard, level 43 wizard/50 friar and a level 50 Berserker/45 Healer, im the process of leveling a new char at the present. :)

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Yoni said:
Give the lad a fair chance. I have known Sharma for a year or so and he is a good person who fucked up once.
What he did isnt really common knowledge, especially on Excal, if it becomes common knowledge then I really cant see him ever being able to do his job without getting a huge following of angry people demanding he be 'unmodded'.
Herjulf said:
Welcome, what are your ties with daoc?

Do you play? Realm ties? server?
Mid/Pry and Alb/Excal (I think). He doesnt play so much now but used to be very active, and is still very active on the forums.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
There there tWog, I bet they'll consider your application next time.

As for you, you no good, two faced, slimy Sharma, gratz on the mod... thing. I'll eat you alive :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom