New client download for euro beta

Feral

Fledgling Freddie
Brand new client download :mad: hopefully there will be a decent (non Blizzard) torrent.
A very important piece of information from the Localization FAQ, also affecting those who wish to continue playing with an English language version:

"With the upcoming patch everybody will be required to download a new client no matter which language version they choose. This is needed to make sure that everybody will use the same installation and patching software moving forward." Thundgot
Community Manager, English
Blizzard Europe

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
I've been wondering when this might be released, so far we've been beta testing a retail product :p

At least now some actual testage can occur (though since i'm neither French nor German i'll just happily plod along for the free ride :p)

Scrote

Fledgling Freddie
This is not due to the localization. We need to make sure everybody is using the correct installer, and this would have been done with the upcoming patch even if there was no localization.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thundgot
Community Manager, English
Blizzard Europe

So if it's just for the sake of the installer....is it actually going to change the game content?
Why not just patch if that is the case?

Somehting doesn't quite add up.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Blae... 2.4 gig dl with blizzard downloader (17 hours last time =.= ), unless someone rips the torrent and posts it (5 hours^^).

FuzzyLogic

Merged the threads Teza as it should have should have been posted in this one in the first place ;)

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
getting 'bad date from tracker' with that torrent. anyone know where to officially download? :< cant find it on the site

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Ehm... is that really the new client Teza? Because it isnt available yet afaik.

Lian

Fledgling Freddie
yeah what fana said, the new patched version isn't out yet, so you'll jsut be DLing the old one again.

Teza

Fledgling Freddie
ok Fuzzy.

Yes Fana, it is the real client, but dont install it before servers are updated with the upcoming patch.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Ah yes, just visited the wow website again and saw they had put it up :) Im not in CB anyway so no worries there, just wanted to dl it so i have it ready for when Final beta begins.

Teza

Fledgling Freddie
Lian said:
yeah what fana said, the new patched version isn't out yet, so you'll jsut be DLing the old one again.

Thats why i got 0 seed?

btw its the real, and its out : http://en.wow-europe.com/

But as stated on their website :
Please keep your current installation of the game until the patch arrives. You will not be able to connect to the servers if you install the latest client before the servers have been updated. You will be informed on this page when the patch is live.

Teza

Fledgling Freddie
haarewin said:
getting 'bad date from tracker' with that torrent. anyone know where to officially download? :< cant find it on the site

let it run 30 sec, had some problem, but worked 30 sec later.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Also some torrent files dont work well with some torrent clients. Try another client if you get bad data etc.

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Some clients see no seeds as bad data... just keep it running it will connect eventually and download/upload.

Alunaa

Fledgling Freddie
i carnt log onto the website to enter the beta key i got ? to download the software am i missing something here???

heeeeeeeellllllp plz
want to play this game i got the beta cd but no where to enter the key info :(

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Alunaa said:
i carnt log onto the website to enter the beta key i got ? to download the software am i missing something here???

heeeeeeeellllllp plz
want to play this game i got the beta cd but no where to enter the key info :(

Final Beta hasnt started yet, and thats what where you can use the key you got with your preorder. It will start in late december / early january.

Kaireem

Fledgling Freddie
and finished in 3h10mins \o/

/flex

:worthy: connection :worthy:

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Errrrr ... what is a torrent?

Sorry, I don't talk technobabble :)

All I know is that I had to download the original beta client for a few hours every evening for a damn week. Surely they could just issue a patch?!

Turamber

Part of the furniture
*reads* *rubs head* *reads again* *looks confused*

Thanks for that, but is it, umm maybe a silly question, legal?

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Umm, according to the official forums Blizzard's download is a torrent. Going to take an eternity to download it though - I am downloading at a mere 6kb/s and uploading at 30-50kb/s ... and I have a 4 MB broadband connection.

Good job I have some tax returns to do to while the time away... :eek6:

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Use a BT client like Azureus and the torrent posted above... you'll get better download speeds ;)

FuzzyLogic

Turamber said:
*reads* *rubs head* *reads again* *looks confused*

Thanks for that, but is it, umm maybe a silly question, legal?
Yes and no, as with any P2P technology, it can be used for good (WoW installer for example) and bad (mp3s, movies etc), the intention of it was made for legal purposes though :)p).

There's a bit of a hurrah going on with the websites that host torrents for copyrighted material (see https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=43358) although that was expected :).

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Downloading with ABC atm, and getting an average of around 50kbit/sec on my 10mbit connection ^^ Had a peak soon after i started at around 300kbit but only for about 15 min or so. 40% done but doesnt matter since im not in closed beta anyway - just hope they dont make final beta testers dl another client o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom