New Expansion announcement on the 6th

Poag

m00?
So i've stuck 30 days sub into my WoW account to lvl a new sham (seem to have forgotten how to Enhancement) never really red did 1-60 post cata so felt it would be fun, and to see if i fancy the new expansion....

Do any Freddies want some free guild XP? and to save me from the PMs, even a guild invite blocker doesn't save me from the PMs that acompany them, oh god the spam, the spam!

Also you'll be helping me get the leveling Legs :)

Poag

m00?
Pretty much, as for Survival going melee I really don't mind. I had a melee specced survival hunter in vanilla :p be nice to play one again.
I remember back in Vanilla, with T2 gear my Hunter was able to melee warriors to death with ease....it was insane....i miss these days :(

Embattle

FH is my second home
I see from the initial information on a release date they've utterly failed to stop another large content gap.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I see from the initial information on a release date they've utterly failed to stop another large content gap.

Yep, 'Summer 2016' is what they've quoted, and when you pre purchase Legion you're told you will receive your goods on or before 21st September 2016.

Lots of people are nearly done with HFC, so not sure what the population is going to look like by then :(

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I think that there will be time to explore demon hunters prior to the release which is better than giving a new hero class on release. So far I'm enthused about the free movement in the next expansion and I want to see the development of my class

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I remember back in Vanilla, with T2 gear my Hunter was able to melee warriors to death with ease....it was insane....i miss these days :(
Must have been some exceptionally crappy warriors then. :)

Poag

m00?
Must have been some exceptionally crappy warriors then. :)

Well at the time T2 was rare. BWL was pretty tough early on. I was lucky that for ~3 weeks i was the only raiding hunter in our 40man, so had a full set within ~5weeks of BWL release + 2 CTS

The jump from T1 to T2 was huge aswell. So T1 kitted warriors just melted. I had more HP than them, my onyl real melee attack did more damage than theirs, they were constantly 50% slowed and they had a kitty nomming their backsides constantly.

All in all bad times were had by all.

Except me...who had a goddam wail of a time.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Wait wait wait, you were raiding as a melee hunter? Why did they let you? :)

Pretty sure respecs weren't in the game until TBC...

Poag

m00?
No i didn't raid as a melee hunter :p (fairly sure i was Marks at this point)

I just got the CTS's as #2 after the rogues. We had one or more literally every kill of Chromagus. We were a very ranged heavy raid, so the two rogues got theirs, then i got one, one of the wars took one as a pvp weapon then i got my 2nd.

IIRC, this was at the point where you could ever have RokDelar as the bow or the staff, not both at the same time. Thus i needed some Agi weapons :)

(Dont forget old skool hunters had 3 weapon slots. Left right ranged)

Adari

Part of the furniture
Playing a bit of hearthstone has sparked an interest in playing wow again. I hear it's much more casual friendly nowadays. Does this mean it is ultimately possible to play PvP with decent gear without having to raid a lot? Wouldnt mind revisiting WoW. :)

Syri

FH is my second home
PvP gear has its own progression path, and has had for a while now. It's pretty easy to get geared for PvP, and you'll not have to touch a raid, as the PvP gear has boosts in pvp that regular raid gear doesn't get. Levelling is much better too, if you do the tasks to unlock flight in Draenor, you can then fly on any 90+ character that's gone there, which makes 90-100 much quicker on alts. Depends how long it is since you've played really as to how easy it is to get back into it.

Adari

Part of the furniture
Thanks for the reply. Sounds good! It's been about 10 years (I think?) since I started WoW with a bunch of BarrysSquad from PlanetSide (hi @Yoni =D), but I quit shortly after it.

Syri

FH is my second home
You'll have a lot of catching up to do then!
OK, things to consider. You'll need to level up to the new cap, which is 100, for the majority of active pvp, which is a bit of a long process on the first character, but there are some things you can get to speed it up, especially with levelling alts, once you have a level 100.
All of the expansions bar the latest, Warlords of Draenor, are now free and included in a standard account, so if you still have the account details, you just buy WoD and you're sorted, and it happens to be on offer at the moment through blizzard's store, so that's a plus. If you need a new account, that's also discounted at the moment. If you're going to be levelling with someone else who already has an account, you may be best to make a new account, considering how long it's been, and get them to recruit you with the recruit a friend system. You get some experience boosts when levelling together that way, and some other account perks like being able to teleport to each other's location.
If you want to know anything else, you can send me a pm, or if you've got a blizzard account and have the launcher, you can add me as a friend on there, my id is syri#2387

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom