New Cheat?

O

Ottar

> Tis is honest stuff, I swear it.

Sure, wierder things have happened. However, I still think such occurances should be posted here. Why?

a) If this -was- an expoit, it may either stop people using it again or eventually get them banned. If we start seeing the same char having such "bug" on a regular basis, it would be probable that GOA folks would actually get on his case.

b) If this was a rare bug, having read about it beforehand would help people to identify it more easily and avoid abusing advantages from it.

As to reputation, if that was a game bug and that theurg is not spotted doing the same thing in future, then I dont see there being any damage to his reputation. The thing would be forgotten in a couple of days.

Ottar

S

seaotter

Cheating no.....lucky maybe.......bug sounds like it
At the end of the day i've played with case since level 10 never seen him cheat or exploit although we have been on the receiving end enough times but your accusations are unbelivable i don't know which former soviet state you live in but in great britain you are presumed innocent until proven guilty although if you get your little kicks accusing people and abusing with your own kangaroo court then i look forward to the day that you yourself are the unfortunate receiptant of some sort of bug.

Otter 50 th armsman
Seaotter 50th scout <now you see now....you see me still my stealth is crap>

J

Jessy

Ottar / Inqy

GROW UP FFS !!!! your making wild speculations that simply are not true. you think there was cheating? well thats your choice just report it and let GOA pull the logs then when you get your reply I would expect you back here to appologise !

I wish for god sake that people would stop crying CHEAT at every opertunity. You have no right to tarnish the good reputation that Case has built up, just quit your moaning and log this with the appropriate people - let them prove you wrong as you obviously dont give a damn what people say here.

K

king_kettil

Appologies to Aldrim if he's a respected player, never seen him before and i was the little shammie Zorax.

you see I clicked you and autofaced you adn spammed dot but it just said " you need to choose a target for this spell" hence i thought CHEAT. since i had never seen this before and had read there was a new cheat about i thought this was it. and like a wrote before, very strange that you had no animations at all, not even walking you just slid across the ground casting spells without waving your arms. well here's my appology if you dont cheat. now i wonder why you think we would just whine because our " farming" didnt go as planned.. i was only pisse because you would have been so dead if that bug hadnt occured

=D

J

Jenna.

Its against the CoC/eula to use bugs to your advantage :)

L

Lochlyessa

Also it's against the eula to be fat, so why isn't jenna banned :<

J

Jenna.

Originally posted by Lochlyessa
Also it's against the eula to be fat, so why isn't jenna banned :<

You have to report me to GOA first :( not that I am fat tho :)

L

Lochlyessa

Kemor said you were too fat to be banned :<

O

Ottar

> Ottar / Inqy GROW UP FFS !!!! your making wild speculations
> that simply are not true

You might want to familiarize yourself with the meaning of word "speculation". In case you are also unfamiliar with the word "dictionary", let me help you:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=speculation

So far folks from our side who were present have simply stated what we saw. You were there? If no, then everything you say about it is speculation.

To give you an example of proper usage of that word, let us imagine that you and some other people are attacking a lightly defended midgard keep. Suddenly, a spiritmaster ports out of it, sends his pet on you and starts nuking. You try to target him and you can't. He then starts emoting at your people, running around and nukes some more. You try to target him again and still can't. He is invincible to you and as being such, continues to kill your people. You check out his name on duskwave and you see that he is a lvl 47 spiritmaster whos name you have never seen before, with less than 6k of rp's. I now speculate that first thing you would think in such a situation would be closely similar to "wtf! that n00b bastard is cheating".

Ottar

J

Jessy

How many times do we have to say this.

There was NO cheating at beno,

your attitude towards this thread is childish at best, if you wish to persist with your foolish argument then like ive said before, report the event to GOA Rigante have NOTHING to hide.

Just stop being judge, dury and executioner.

If you want to play the dictionary game, then i would strongly sugest you re-read your post then the others before and see what utter nosense you have just posted.

<cant be assed to check my spelling in this post - its a heat of the moment thing :)>

J

Jenna.

Originally posted by Lochlyessa
Kemor said you were too fat to be banned :<

I could quote Cushy now with some "EWWWWW"-answer but I wont :rolleyes:

J

Jenna.

Originally posted by Jessy
How many times do we have to say this.

There was NO cheating at beno,

your attitude towards this thread is childish at best, if you wish to persist with your foolish argument then like ive said before, report the event to GOA Rigante have NOTHING to hide.

Just stop being judge, dury and executioner.

If you want to play the dictionary game, then i would strongly sugest you re-read your post then the others before and see what utter nosense you have just posted.

<cant be assed to check my spelling in this post - its a heat of the moment thing :)>

So you dont see why people whine that an immortal alb kills them? oic...
He prolly didnt cheat but a bug gave him the unfair advantage, ofcourse people will get pissed, what do you expect? Welcome to BW btw...

J

Jessy

Originally posted by Jenna.
He prolly didnt cheat but a bug gave him the unfair advantage, ofcourse people will get pissed, what do you expect? Welcome to BW btw...

Nah i can see how people would be pissed off. if this happened to me i would want an explanation too, but i would NOT leap to barryswhine within 10 mins of the thread creation demanding that this WAS a cheat or a BUG ABUSE and for the offender to be BANNED which is what happened here.

I can empathise with the invaders that were killed, All i ask is that you dont jump the gun and make all these rash judgements, there was NO cheating there was no BUG ABUSE.

I think you hit the nail on the head saying it was a game bug that gave an unfair advantage, but i could say confidently that if Case knew his character was bugged he would have logged.

O

Ottar

> your attitude towards this thread is childish at best

Ok, you have convinced me. No member of your guild, possibly noone you know in-game can do nothing wrong simply by virtue of that being impossible in principle. Anyone who even as much as implies otherwise is wrong and/or either a lier or hallucinating. And childish. ;)

Ottar

N

naetha

OK, calm down chaps - everyone knows how frustrating it is to be beaten by things outside your control - it completely negates the time and effort you spend on making yourself as tough as possible if someone else is apparently invincible and unkillable.

But lets not jumpt to conclusions - to bounce whines and petty arguments off eachother is just a waste of time, so lets just get back to the game and enjoy it.

If you do think this is a bug, an exploit, or a cheat, then by all means report it to E&E, and Rightnextmonthsometimeifyou'relucky, but to whine on BW and jump to conclusions asking for people to be banned is just a waste of space.

F

Falcon

There's been a massive proliferation of cheats the last couple of weeks. The reason's simple, Right Now's down and they can get away with it.

S

seaotter

Fair points being made now but as for the 'he must of known arguement' how many people who play this game in the middle of an rvr battle actually stop and think 'have i got a bug' lets be honest one of the reasons we play this game is for the adrenaline rush that rvr brings<sad i know> so please if you really believe he was cheating report him to the appropriate authorities, if not lets go back to you letting us farm you like we are at mmg hadrians wall tonight :)

Otter 50th armsman
Seaotter 50th Scout

D

Damon_D

Peopel " touched " by a bug , but continuing to play , taking advantage of the bug are CHEATING imho...

M

Melachi-

There was a case of bug abuse on excalibur server, although the bug wasnt the same, it showed what happens and what Goa will ban for. There was some bow that could double or treble hit. A ranger was using this bow and he reported it since he saw it was bugged, had he not reported it and used it, he would have been classed as Abusing a bug, wether or not the Rigante guy (dont know his name) had this bug on purpose or not, if he continued to use it, it makes it a grey area. Some would class this as Abuse, some will say it was ignorance.

O

Ottar

> I can empathise with the invaders that were killed, All i ask is that you
> dont jump the gun and make all these rash judgements,

Loyalty is admireable but halfway decent short-term memory is also good to have ;) If by rash judgement you mean requests for banning, then no mid who was there at a time has called for banning that theurg.

> there was NO cheating there was no BUG ABUSE.

That is exactly what you would be saying here regardless of if that theurgist was cheatig or not. I dont believe you, neither do I believe that theurgist. Neither do I believe that theurgist -was- using a cheat. Trick is, I dont have to believe much anything. Pay attention now, real complicated logic follows:

Fact of cheating, not unlike Erwin Schrödinger's cat, is only an interesting possibility. Only thing that would establish beyond reasonable doubt he was conciously cheating would be if he'd be doing same thing again in the past or future. Only way to know if some bugger has had lucky bugs before is if someone has told me. Well, me and Kjel just told you, service free of charge. Have fun, dont forget to take your medication and really, try to be more conservative with caps in public forums ;)

> Otter: report him to the appropriate authorities

Would do but Rightnow is still down, no? And btw, damn you, I remember 1st time when I killed you at amgo with my skald, then getting tells from several people a'la "wth? you just killed yorself?!" ;)

Ottar

A

Arithon

yeah...

i've come across somthing similar to this, AAAAGES ago,
my friend logged out of his paladin, and logged in on a scout... but when he came back in, the model was of his paladin...

so when he stealthed it looked like a paladin...
here's the screeny. i often use it and jsut say he's hacking to annoy him

http://www.zenadsl3014.zen.co.uk/daoc_kan_cheating.jpg

B

Blood

Re: Re: New Cheat?

Originally posted by sharpbits
Have you tried just picking him up? Drop him in a vault, problem solved...

rotfl!

:clap:

A

Arithon

oh and btw

the latest cheat for daoc fyi is...

BD's with buffbots :p

:eek:

mooooooooooooooooooooo

lalalalala

P

phule_gubben

Originally posted by Sagba
It's a bug and there have been similar thread before (done a search, didn't found it yet tho). I have seen it happening two times and both times it happened after someone logged to alt and back to main: He still looked like his alt and when you targetted him it said "You target a bag of coins".

if it was a bug and he used it, it's called bugexploiting and u can get banned for doin so.

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by Jenna.

now you see where the BD/savage whine come from :eek:

K

Krakatau

Originally posted by case-rigantis
people accusing me of cheating? what ever next and this coming from 4 mids all using buffbots and strafing

Since when is strafing not allowed - supposed to stand still all the time and let them bash at you ?? ;)

S

Sagba

Originally posted by phule_gubben
if it was a bug and he used it, it's called bugexploiting and u can get banned for doin so.
Sorry, forgot to say that those who had that bug didn't saw it.

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by Krakatau
Since when is strafing not allowed - supposed to stand still all the time and let them bash at you ?? ;)

as were the LoS "bug" for necros still you mids called it cheating etc.....

C

Cami

Originally posted by old.Atrox
as were the LoS "bug" for necros still you mids called it cheating etc.....

no, it was "working as intended" until Mytich decided otherwise :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom