New And Improved Horner

Ucallme

Banned
I wasn't the one to make the post remember. I do how i feel. And remember im preety much the only solo mid out there these days. I don't zerg, i try not to add and i don't go and rape low rr people when they wander passed me.

only solo mid out there ...
thats not true because ive met many mid soloer's

I don't zerg ...
thats not true either because many times when i play a solo visible (not saying my name) you have killed me with your group.

i try not to add ...
well partly what you say there is true, but I guess that depends on the player? but... I have watched in stealth quite a few 1 on 1 fights and you come strolling along and slam that person the mid is fighting for example.

i don't go and rape low rr people when they wander passed me ...
thats not true either because I sometimes play a visible R2 and you kill me on site (to be fair you dont know who i play but to say you dont kill low R is just utter rubbish) we all do that though so this isn't aimed at you.

Also about posts on FH if someone has done something wrong the person who is posting does not tell the whole truth, they mostly say what people want to hear and then you get people to respond in their defense (true/false?).

Anyway just putting what I have seen and i'll also put here so no one comes back on me on this... Yes I done all the above too so atleast i admit it (I do try to play fair though but thats totally impossible with DAoC).

Amphrax/Arauddry

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
PS, hey ebe nice to see you back :), I assume your playing on dyvet again or?

well i did a couple of weeks/months ago. But i kinda lack now a bit in temp/cls etc since i dont have lab. Found myself being on same hp as many stealthers i met:p And no new stuff etc. So not sure how im gonna do. I now am solo at merlin server US...my warrior is 6L6 and im pawning the lot!:p
But if EU would be in better shape id go back thats for sure.
Will see what happends.
What are you up to?
/hugs.

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
well i did a couple of weeks/months ago. But i kinda lack now a bit in temp/cls etc since i dont have lab. Found myself being on same hp as many stealthers i met:p And no new stuff etc. So not sure how im gonna do. I now am solo at merlin server US...my warrior is 6L6 and im pawning the lot!:p
But if EU would be in better shape id go back thats for sure.
Will see what happends.
What are you up to?
/hugs.

lab is great, especially on limors for a zerger like myself :D great action there been good fun with the ac guys altho only 3-4 of us left, but yeah all is good ta. pretty much retired from dyvet since lab came out, aint worth the time anymore, the lapse between fights is dull ;/

kinda hoping for a char transfer or the likes, but i think thats a bit optamistic.

Sorin

Banned
Staves are dex based.

You will want 51 base skill for max minimum damage.

DPS calculations require a set of hits, not one, -18 would increase your frontload damage but decrease your damage over time. +qui lowers your base weapon damage per unstyled swing and -qui boosts it.

Empiric studies on the subject have revealed that the faster you hit with a weapon, the more more damage you do over time. Not to mention that if you miss with a slow ass weapon your dps suffers dramatically.

Let's say that your character has capped out:

Quickness: 250
Spell haste: 19%
Celerity: 37%
Toa haste: 10%

Weapon SPD: 5.9 = 1.68000966 sec/swing
Weapon SPD: 6.0 = 1.7084844000000001 sec/swing

Now, let's take out quickness from the calculation (Highlander)

50 Qui and the above buffs:

5.0 SPD 2.7638868600 sec/swing
6.0 SPD 2.8107324 sec/swing

If you are interested in figuring out your swing speed go to:

Classes of Camelot - Weapon Speed Calculator

The real way of maximising your damage is to have as much str you can get, capped specline (for pole\2h 51 base weapon aswell) + item bonuses + rr, capped qui, capped melee speed. Buffs on top of this are an added bonus which help to increase your damage in the aforementioned way. For interesting figures, let's take out the buffs which affect our swing speed but which do not modify our base damage in any way.

250 Qui, 10% toa item haste:

5.9 SPD: 3.2922000000000002 sec/swing
6.0 SPD: 3.348 sec/swing

50 Qui, 10% toa item haste:

5.9 SPD: 5.416200000000001 sec/swing
6.0 SPD: 5.508 sec/swing

You'll be cursing out loud if you miss and your damage suffers horribly. I am not even going to go into bubble breaking.

My advice to you is to completely re-write your guide as it is a painful read (layout, what is explained, when it's explained and how things are connected to each other). Also the inconsistencies of your guide give a person a head ache. Parts of your guide provide good information, but other stuff is just inconsistent blabbering.

There is no way your information is from Rightnow.

:mad:

Like Lorfo would say: L2P or get MOC. In your case: use the search function here and google.

Yeah i know all this.

I guess my guide just makes people confused.. ofc i mean that lower quickness increases your damage per hit, not over time.

But i'l consider re-writing it.

For interesting figures, let's take out the buffs which affect our swing speed but which do not modify our base damage in any way.

Everything that effects your swing speed will alter your damage.

If there is anything else then pm me about it.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
lab is great, especially on limors for a zerger like myself :D great action there been good fun with the ac guys altho only 3-4 of us left, but yeah all is good ta. pretty much retired from dyvet since lab came out, aint worth the time anymore, the lapse between fights is dull ;/

kinda hoping for a char transfer or the likes, but i think thats a bit optamistic.

yeh a transfer would be really great tbh:)

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah i know all this.

You sure as hell don't make yourself clear on that then ;]

Also base damage = unstyled hit. The damage is in no way modified by haste\celerity.

Too bad that my account isn't open so I could test some other things ;)

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Hm, now thinking about it, have to check back to the game about it, maybe I'll renew to do some tests!

edit: just checked, celerity didn't alter my base damage at all hihi.

Sorin

Banned
Hm, now thinking about it, have to check back to the game about it, maybe I'll renew to do some tests!

edit: just checked, celerity didn't alter my base damage at all hihi.

I don't care if it effects base (unstyled) damage.. cuz exactly how many people don't use styles?

lemme write it so you understand: All Speed modifiers will alter your damage when you use styles.
You even wrote this yourself.

And for the record, I'd rather hit for 700 damage each 5.5th second than 500 each 3th.
its rare to me that i miss because i have a very high weapskill.

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
I don't care if it effects base (unstyled) damage.. cuz exactly how many people don't use styles?

lemme write it so you understand: All Speed modifiers will alter your damage when you use styles.

And for the record, I'd rather hit for 700 damage each 5.5th second than 500 each 3th.

I bet u dont use 1 hander / shield to break bt on a caster:)

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
It really doesn't matter whether he does that or not since he was referring to doing actual damage :)

Well it was sorta meant as a joke. As hitting each 5.5 secs is about as gimped as it could be. And would be even more fun to use 2 hander to break bt aswell.

Lethul

FH is my second home

i think we mean the same thing. but it seems abit shady when you write it

You will _always_ use base damage. If you use a style you will get your style damage on top of the base damage your weapon does. So the "cuz exactly how many people don't use styles?" thing doesn't really work.

But ok, you like frontloading. Me personally wouldn't advice anyone to follow that advice to frontload tho :)

Sorin

Banned
i think we mean the same thing. but it seems abit shady when you write it

You will _always_ use base damage. If you use a style you will get your style damage on top of the base damage your weapon does. So the "cuz exactly how many people don't use styles?" thing doesn't really work.

But ok, you like frontloading. Me personally wouldn't advice anyone to follow that advice to frontload tho :)

We do mean the same thing :)

And i don't order people to go for damage per hit rather than damage over time.
Thats just what i recomend, because thats what works for me.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
frontloading is so OF.... 250qui, 10% TOAhaste, red haste, celerity ontop of that and you have max DPS and it translates into more damage over time after a very few seconds. In times with DI and shizzles frontloading just do not work well anymore at all unless you fight gimps.

(that said, whipping elfs with 2h in vendomode+banespike+battlerdebuff is kinda fun, its not max DPS though :) )

Sorin

Banned
I've always been a OF guy.

And if people don't like my guide now, then fuck off!!

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I heard that if you don't dump everything even on grey cons, it's against the spirit of the game and you'll get a perma ban :(

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Normally a guy should be judged by his actions Sorin, but i can only judge u for the things u post here, as i got no idea who the fuck u are. And judging from the random shit u post in 99% of the threads here u words count for nothing.
Sorin = Craeth the arms that is rp hungry ;P

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Hmmm..just read the silly little guide for teenage albs (hhehe)...
And what i learnt is that Craeth = Niros ...
Soz m8... but next time i wont show much mercy prolly (especially in a duel).

Sorin

Banned
Hmmm..just read the silly little guide for teenage albs (hhehe)...
And what i learnt is that Craeth = Niros ...
Soz m8... but next time i wont show much mercy prolly (especially in a duel).

Well.. i don't think we will ever duel again

Usually i don't even try to duel a class with MoB5/MoParry5 and aug dex5 or whatever.

However, if you really insist on killing me, try my necro.
That should be a challenge suited for your Realm rank.

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH

Usually i don't even try to duel a class with MoB5/MoParry5 and aug dex5 or whatever.

ah merc i fought twice at crau bridge? ^^ nice fights m8s :D
hard to fight fooooking merc visual vs visual :p
Got u when i started from stealth though

Sorin

Banned
ah merc i fought twice at crau bridge? ^^ nice fights m8s :D
hard to fight fooooking merc visual vs visual :p
Got u when i started from stealth though

Iirc, a warden poped twf when we were doing round 2.. so, well.. not quite fair, but feel free to try me again man :)

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH

Wish i had mo5 and the rest. Sadly.. i can afford mob3/mop2 and dex0 only.
As for the rest.. /shrug

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom