New And Improved Horner

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
Well i don't have time for people that seem to immediately dump in a 1v1.

I had said to my buddy don't add let me just have a 1v1 expecting a nice fight and i just get the rr5 treatment and preety much die within seconds and im not really in the mood for that.

If your gonna dump on me before the fights even starting with Bl's and Ra's i cba . Im all up for giving fair fights and all but thats just plain crapy way to play.

I take it your craeth right? Or is it niros i don't really know. Your part of CM anyways so dunno what your moaning about. :p

maybe thats what horner thaught ? never got a second chance off you did he ?

long live players who need bots to compete

<3 horner for life

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
You cant say you zerged someone down just cos they used abilities :(

OH NOES! :|

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Thats silly Brad, you dont win a 1vs1 fight because your opponent beats by dumping, but then you wont do the same, but instead bring out a bot?! Cracking logic pal.

The shaman was already with me. Tjall bowed to me and i said to him don't add or anything as he wants a fair fight and i basicly died within about 10 seconds. And thought whats the point of me even trying to be nice and giving you a decent fight if your just gona play like that. It's not even a fight from my point of view. It's pressing a few buttons and getting 2k rp's after a small wait.

Just look at it from my point of view. I go out of my way to say leave him alone and be nice to him, and since he wants a fight i'll give him ago. Soon as fight starts it's all debuffs, Bl's, stun RR5. O im dead before i can even do anything. That was a good use of my time wasn't it.

But again thats how i am. I just hate people dumping and i wont do it myself.
I know from past experience that if i go for timer ra's and ml's etc and items im preety much invicble but thats boring. Kilsimba and co used to zerg me with 5+ people and i would still win simply because dumping can make you extremely overpowered. And doing that in a 1v1 fight makes me feel like whats the point. Im not going to dump on other people in a 1v1 and i never have but it still sucks when people do it to me and i don't have time for it.

Reignfire

One of Freddy's beloved
You say fair fight and only 2 passive RAs. I take it the rest is in Passives then? Other people have their RAs on Timers. Tell me how fair it winning via your passives against some1 who has his on timers and not allowed to use them?

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
The shaman was already with me. Tjall bowed to me and i said to him don't add or anything as he wants a fair fight and i basicly died within about 10 seconds. And thought whats the point of me even trying to be nice and giving you a decent fight if your just gona play like that. It's not even a fight from my point of view. It's pressing a few buttons and getting 2k rp's after a small wait.

Just look at it from my point of view. I go out of my way to say leave him alone and be nice to him, and since he wants a fight i'll give him ago. Soon as fight starts it's all debuffs, Bl's, stun RR5. O im dead before i can even do anything. That was a good use of my time wasn't it.

But again thats how i am. I just hate people dumping and i wont do it myself.
I know from past experience that if i go for timer ra's and ml's etc and items im preety much invicble but thats boring. Kilsimba and co used to zerg me with 5+ people and i would still win simply because dumping can make you extremely overpowered. And doing that in a 1v1 fight makes me feel like whats the point. Im not going to dump on other people in a 1v1 and i never have but it still sucks when people do it to me and i don't have time for it.

But didnt you lose that fight because you had no active ra's available, such as purge and IP, and thats because youve specced in passives, and you are then requesting that people don't dump what ra's theyve purchased, as the investment youve made in passives over other ra's puts you at a significant advantage over them?

Would of thought you'd of relished the chance as a high rr to survive and win against someone dumping on you? And if you cant then you need to rejig to be a more rounded character, rather than someone who is specced simply to survive and win fellow duelers who play by your narrow rules, which firmly puts you at an unfair advantage due to your realm rank and experience.

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
But didnt you lose that fight because you had no active ra's available, such as purge and IP, and thats because youve specced in passives, and you are then requesting that people don't dump what ra's theyve purchased, as the investment youve made in passives over other ra's puts you at a significant advantage over them?

Would of thought you'd of relished the chance as a high rr to survive and win against someone dumping on you? And if you cant then you need to rejig to be a more rounded character, rather than someone who is specced simply to survive and win fellow duelers who play by your narrow rules, which firmly puts you at an unfair advantage due to your realm rank and experience.

well said

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
ok, ok. everyone bring their freshly dinged 50, cl0, ml0, rr1L0 toons so brad can have quality fights versus opponents that won't dump whatsoever.

Reignfire

One of Freddy's beloved
You say fair fight and only 2 Active RAs. I take it the rest is in Passives then? Other people have their RAs on Timers. Tell me how fair it winning via your passives against some1 who has his on timers and not allowed to use them?

Just correcting my previous Post :)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
You say fair fight and only 2 active RAs. I take it the rest is in Passives then? Other people have their RAs on Timers. Tell me how fair it winning via your passives against some1 who has his on timers and not allowed to use them?

Thats a silly argument though because the game is not based around 1v1s. There are plenty of 1v1 "fights" you could think up that are completely unfair or where 1 player can do lame/griefing tactics if they are losing.

If you are actually looking for interesting fair fights and you respect the other players maybe its ok to NOT use an IWIN button when you know they don't have a counter to it.

Reignfire

One of Freddy's beloved
How is this a silly comeback?

This Thread is about 4 things Bradlex / Shammy /1 v 1s /RAs.

He is complaining about some1 using their active RAs I asked if its fair then that the other person who spent his points on Active RAs not to use them?

Because imo if Bradlex did indeed spend most of his points in passive RAs then he has a distinct advantage over some1 who hasnt?

I know we this game isnt based around 1 v 1s (if it was there wouldnt be a need for the other thread in this section) but this Thread IS

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
How is this a silly comeback?

This Thread is about 4 things Bradlex / Shammy /1 v 1s /RAs.

He is complaining about some1 using their active RAs I asked if its fair then that the other person who spent his points on Active RAs not to use them?

Because imo if Bradlex did indeed spend most of his points in passive RAs then he has a distinct advantage over some1 who hasnt?

I know we this game isnt based around 1 v 1s (if it was there wouldnt be a need for the other thread in this section) but this Thread IS

You can spec differently for solo and group play, if bradlex has det5, soldiers barricade and BodyGuard. They are all great abilitites if he is grouping but offer very little in terms of solo fights.

This thread isn't about 1v1 its about somebody whining that Bradlex used abilities at his disposal (ie the abilitiy to group with other people) to kill someone.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
can someone remind me what the rules of fair RvR are this week please? Think I lost my timetable in the post somewhere...

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
You can spec differently for solo and group play, if bradlex has det5, soldiers barricade and BodyGuard. They are all great abilitites if he is grouping but offer very little in terms of solo fights.

This thread isn't about 1v1 its about somebody whining that Bradlex used abilities at his disposal (ie the abilitiy to group with other people) to kill someone.

hmm...it feels more like its about braddie whining on someone dumping stuff on him in a 1 vs 1:)
And sure its not based totally on 1 vs 1..but the active timers good for soloing isnt really a whole lot better then if you choose to spec those points in passives:) That is what nighstend is saying..and i agree.

Reignfire

One of Freddy's beloved
Couple of Things

1) I am not assuming what RAs Bradlex has or havent got. Most people recognise him to be a soloer so be it. His own Statement said his 2 active RAs are FA and Purge so SB is out of the equation and everything else that IS timered. he can by YOUR Assumption have Det 5 and a decent spec of passive RAs where as some1 else who is specced mainly for timers isnt.

2) By his own admission he wanted to 1 v 1 against Tjalle?

As an old friend who used to play DAOC used to say .. Reading comprehension is your friend.

My origional statement was about Brad saying:

1) He didnt like people RA dumping on him. My reply was then and remains the same he specs his RA 1 way others spec it differently and they will use it to even up the odds.

2) He said he wanted to have a fair fight with Tjalle. He brings a Shammy. Nothing in my posts says he can NOT bring a shammy etc.

If you havent done so already please please please read what other posts like Arumos/Crom/Eben/Ixnay and every1 else including Brad is posting here.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
As a rr10 you honestly can't justify any actions or even complain of opponents using their abilities. Sure he can have a group build on his char but that's his choice, you can't expect opponents not to play to their best because he made his char less capeable of doing 1vs1 fights if he has so.

(Using you as an example here Brad, don't take it personal.)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
can someone remind me what the rules of fair RvR are this week please? Think I lost my timetable in the post somewhere...

Dunno tbh ... But PM Requiel and im sure he will let you know :D

Just be sure to ask again next week ! ... :england:

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH

And anywhere in between, Brad has the options of speccing a lot more ways than some of the people he undoubtedly duels, so if he gets slapped by a dumper, who still has had the good grace to fight solo then he should take it on the chin, and either think of respeccing to cover someone who is of lower rr and wants to dump to at least win one fight, or just accept the loss, like I imagine by far the majority of his opponents do, and get back out there.

He should be encouraging people to get out and solo and duel, even if they do dump, and not respond by grouping up, which is really the greater evul by far imo.

*edit
dont want to belabour the point too much, as like I say, ive a lot of time for Brad, and this seems out of character.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
As an old friend who used to play DAOC used to say .. Reading comprehension is your friend.

Time to take your own advice it seems.

My origional statement was about Brad saying:

1) He didnt like people RA dumping on him. My reply was then and remains the same he specs his RA 1 way others spec it differently and they will use it to even up the odds.

However if you read carefully Bradlex actually said this:

Well i don't have time for people that seem to immediately dump in a 1v1.

Notice the important word "immediately". There is a difference between using your abilities and dumping all your abilities on inc.

2) He said he wanted to have a fair fight with Tjalle. He brings a Shammy. Nothing in my posts says he can NOT bring a shammy etc.

So lets read what Bradlex said again then:

So Bradlex had a 1v1 fight vs Tjalle, he lost and decided that in the current situation it wasn't worth fighting him again 1v1. The only person complaining about this was Sorin who is just trying to fling as much shit at Bradlex as possible.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
And anywhere in between, Brad has the options of speccing a lot more ways than some of the people he undoubtedly duels, so if he gets slapped by a dumper, who still has had the good grace to fight solo then he should take it on the chin, and either think of respeccing to cover someone who is of lower rr and wants to dump to at least win one fight, or just accept the loss, like I imagine by far the majority of his opponents do, and get back out there.

Brad didn't make the whine thread, he was just explaining to Sorin why he killed someone. He did get back out there. Nobody is accusing him of adding on any 1v1s. What exactly are you complaining about?

Reignfire

One of Freddy's beloved
Yes I read that he wrote 'immediately' but point is where does it says in a duel that you have to wait a certain time limit before you can use your RAs/ MLs and CLs?

Is it your opinion then that all have to wait until one another says yes now is a good time to use this ability or yeah i now give you permision to use that ability?

Maybe he should stagger his RAs to make them less affective? Or wait until he is on 10% and can not win then use it?

Fighting a warrior at the best of time is very hard and for most impossible but to fight against a higher RR its best to do as much dmg as possible before he outlasts you.

From this statement by Brad
'If your gonna dump on me before the fights even starting with Bl's and Ra's i cba . Im all up for giving fair fights and all but thats just plain crapy way to play.'

It seems that he is all for a fair fight if the fair fight is fair for him or people play by HIS rules.

Then again everyones version of fair is different. For me personally its simple, if you have an ability use it, if i die then I go back out and try again. Example of this was when I took my RR3 Champ to Beno saw a RR5+ Reaver, we bowed he slammed and Reaverbombed me and also TWF in for good measure. I didnt then say to a friend lets go and gank him. He had the RAs he used them end of story.

For someone like Brad who has been asking is it worth it to come back and solo and do this it just leaves a bad taste in a lot of people's mouth.

Sorin

Banned
The only person complaining about this was Sorin who is just trying to fling as much shit at Bradlex as possible.

stfu bitch, you weren't there.. brad was not losing to tjalle.. infact, when tjalle found out that brad had a shammy pet with him, tjalle /rude brad and sat down to die.. i came along with a tic, and we killed brad/pet.. and i belive that tjalle was pretty happy about that.. which explains why he didn't release till after brad was death.

Before that i also /bowed to brad without knowing that his pet was hiding on the brigde... It went well till the shammy came out from his hide and sheared me.
The only ability i used there was DT, simply cuz i coulden't hit brad. just wanted to even the odds of wining.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Brad didn't make the whine thread, he was just explaining to Sorin why he killed someone. He did get back out there. Nobody is accusing him of adding on any 1v1s. What exactly are you complaining about?

I cant be arsed explainin why i'm complainin, Caedelin.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
ok, ok. everyone bring their freshly dinged 50, cl0, ml0, rr1L0 toons so brad can have quality fights versus opponents that won't dump whatsoever.

I wasn't the one to make the post remember. I do how i feel. And remember im preety much the only solo mid out there these days. I don't zerg, i try not to add and i don't go and rape low rr people when they wander passed me.

Just because i can't stand people dumping that now makes me a bad person now?

O well people say what you like, i thought i was a preety decent person/player within Daoc just because i can't stand the odd thing after being preety much patcient for everything else.

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH

Now you really gotta shut the fuck up. I burned nothing but Purge and Debuffs in the first fight at all! 2nd i burned BL's as i didnt have purge up for your slam, but don't say i dump against u when it isn't needed. Thats pure bullshit tbfh!

I gave you a fair fight which u came back afterwards with heals and fulls sheared me too, as you seem to can't take dying. Fuckin' pathetic.. at least now i see what person you really are. No better than rest of pathetic gimps all over the server.

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Considering i got it from rightnow, you might wanna smell it again.

I consider the information I have accumulated from playing this game to be more valuable than the above statement !

censi

Can't get enough of FH
you get a player like bradlex who plays a visual RVR toon... he doesnt have to be a self confessed solo'er because anyone whos spent more than 5 minutes on the server knows thats exactly what he is... He groups up with a friend in an MMPRG kills something and you get a 4 page post about people moaning...

I am a big fan of the honor code and have preached and whined about lots of stuff but ffs there is a limit to queensbury rules and I just find it amazing how people complain about ridiculous things in this game.

you get some right lemons like horner, SH, pip etc and other idiots who really do consistently fuck over everything and anything in there path with little or no respect for anybodies enjoyement (especially realm mates)... You get players that are known for being pretty honorable decent opponents that wont add on you...

Its like taking things to extreme to demand this person never groups up and never kills anything when grouped or out numbering the opponent.... And one thing thats a sure as shit is brown and stinks, is EVERY single player in daoc has been grouped and killed and opponent with superior group numbers at some time (yes the most commen example of that would be 2v1)... To highlight this in a post against a player who has been an ambassader to soloing and playing with respect with the aim of trying to make the point that this player is a "hypocrite" and a lamer etc... Well its like slagging off mother terisa for farting when she bent down to wipe the sweat of a dying patients head etc...

get a fucking clue people.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Its like taking things to extreme to demand this person never groups up and never kills anything when grouped or out numbering the opponent....

or simply brad could emote a /no to tjalle if he didnt want a solo fight... and i'm pretty sure that simple emote would denied us the pleasure of reading this quality thread :)

Reignfire

One of Freddy's beloved
hello? he lost?

What has winning or loosing has to do with anything?

You gonna tell me some1 that has his points in Passive (Any1 not saying Brad) has no advantage over some1 with little or no points in passives then told he can not use it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom