Network Rail, utter, utter cunts

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I'm sorry but if you knew anything about legal processes in England you would know that wasn't true - they had notice - for their own reasons they ignored them - end of.

Glad to see that you know all the facts of this. Story sorted everyone, rynnor knows about the exact details of this case so there's no discussion to be had at all. Despite the fact there's a huge number of people utterly baffled by this. It's amazing, you go from "do you know any of the facts?" to "I know all the facts" purely based off the little one-sided information that we have? The whole point of this is that there seems to be missing information.

Glad you managed to fill that gap in your head though. Good work, detective.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
The other side were probably thinking "Well, we did everything we're legally obliged to do, so what's left? Answer silly questions voiced by some hipster with a cheapo camera?"

If I worked there, I'd be blaming the nightclub management for the loss of my job. Landlords don't simply move in without warning. I bet the club had plenty of notice and just chose to ignore it, for reasons best left to speculation.

It may well be that management is at fault. But as claimed, when it was raised a few years ago (when DaGaffer said business were made aware) that they would be one of the places NOT affected. There has since been some legal battling but it certainly appears from Cable's side (the only side who actually ever say anything) that this was definitely something very unexpected, and at a time no-one could have anticipated.

rynnor

Rockhound
I know how hard it is to get a tenant out of a property and I'm telling you the legal process to get to the point of eviction takes months and that they would have had dozens of letters about it.

If you want to believe this fiction then you can but there's just no way it went down as they describe.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I know how hard it is to get a tenant out of a property and I'm telling you the legal process to get to the point of eviction takes months and that they would have had dozens of letters about it.

If you want to believe this fiction then you can but there's just no way it went down as they describe.

Fuck me where have I said I believe everything? I've stated before that this is about getting all the facts. I can only present to you the information that EXISTS. If you want to then infer facts based on gaps, that's your call.

rynnor

Rockhound
Fuck me where have I said I believe everything? I've stated before that this is about getting all the facts. I can only present to you the information that EXISTS. If you want to then infer facts based on gaps, that's your call.

You are ignoring whats on that video - that a warrant was presented - that tells me a lot about what was actually happening because court processes are well documented.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Warrants are presented yes.

A warrant does not have to be made known to the owner/occupier before presentation though. If they did then no drug dealers places would ever get raided.

rynnor

Rockhound
Warrants are presented yes.

A warrant does not have to be made known to the owner/occupier before presentation though. If they did then no drug dealers places would ever get raided.

This isn't a criminal raid - this was a reposession by officers of the court not the police.

Edit; Its a court order really - not a true warrant but I guess they said that because people understand it more readily.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Thats it Im never using a train again...dont give a fuk about the club..theyre just shite.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Is it me or is does the annoying bloke with the mic look a little bit like Tyrion Lannister?

Chilly

Balls of steel
The issue is not the repossession, it's the bad faith in which NR worked with Cable and led them to believe they had a long term property to run a business from. I suspect Cable have known about the eviction for some time, they would certainly have had the opportunity to challenge it in court. Of course they're going to carry on booking gigs. If they stopped there's 100% chance they won't be open. If they carry on booking and don't let on there's a chance they'd manage to dodge the eviction and carry on trading. If I owned the place I'd have kept it as quiet as possible while getting lawyered up and carrying business on as usual up until the moment they evicted me. Any other course would lose more money than necessary, IMO.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Give me the 5mins of my life back I spent reading this fucking thread I thought it would be about them raising fares again instead it's about a bunch of hippies in a 1 sided video.

The facts are they would have been given plenty of notice this was going to happen regardless of network rail not wanting to open discussions that's their right.

A bunch of hippies causing a scene and throwing a hissy fit because they didn't get their own way doesn't get many people's tears running.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well, they basically are...regardless of whatever is going on at this club.

soze

I am a FH squatter
As has been said at the stage you are getting a court ordered eviction the time for talking is done. Also standing on a street asking people to comment into a camera when they have no idea what it will be used for is never going to happen from a big company. You would need to go though official channels and get some one from PR on to comment. If one of the execs on site had spoken to the guys on the street and the video had been edited to make him look stupid it would be his word vs theirs. I would be interested in finding out if they have put in any formal requests for comment through official channels. Also finding out if the owners had been invited into discussions at an earlier date. This sounds to me like the owners have failed to keep the employees up to date and now are pushing all the blame onto the big corporation rather than admitting they took a gamble and it failed spectacularly.

Keeping the club where it was with the redevelopment would have been great for them. IMO the owners weighed up the risk being asked to move down the line with the potential gains of staying in the redeveloped area and it backfired. Other businesses moving supports this.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-22408279

"Our plans for the station have been in the public domain for several years and our tenants have long known of the need for us to take back possession to enable us to start our work on this essential project."

also

Cable nightclub occupies one of our arches under London Bridge station

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't kill them to relocate somewhere else in the city?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
...and Cable were informed specifically on 1st April 2011. Over two years ago. Thread title needs a change: Cable Management, utter, utter cunts.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Having just done a skim read of an article on the subject I might be taking a simplistic view on it but NR own it so tough shit, it wasn't as if it was some sort of compulsory purchase.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
"But Mr Johnson said he had been "brushed aside by people from Network Rail at every level"."

Roughly translated, that means Network Rail said "It doesn't matter, it's our building and we want you to leave."

Stupid nightclub management. They knew they had to get out but decided instead to close their ears and wish it away. Perhaps they should stop taking legal advice from Swampy.

rynnor

Rockhound
Considering the date maybe they didn't believe it.

Heh - true but I doubt it was the last piece of correspondence they received - I'm guessing the managment thought they could somehow hang on there which would mean they were suddenly renting in the middle of an extremely plush redevelopment area which could be fantastic for business...

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
He's probably realised he's made a mistake voicing an opinion on Freddyshouse.

Either that or he's run out of fucks to give. Or Both.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well, anyone can voice an opinion, but some are more fervent than others in defending that opinion.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He's probably realised he's made a mistake voicing an opinion on Freddyshouse.

Either that or he's run out of fucks to give. Or Both.

Nothing wrong with an opinion, so long as it isn't wrong.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
he's most likely anger-baking some 15000 kcal chocolate bomb to jump start his endorphin factory :D

rynnor

Rockhound
Does it occur to you that people cannot be arsed posting anymore because of it?

Its a discussion forum - without discussion theres no forum. People like yourself just drift away over time - sometimes they drift back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom