Network Rail, utter, utter cunts

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbac-_-VKWA&feature=youtu.be

Basically they forcefully shut down one of London's best nightclubs in a completely abhorrent and disgusting way.

This was after they had assured the business that the expansion plans would not affect them. As a result, the club has been building itself a bug reputation after the last few years. They put in a lot of work.

Network Rail show up, demand access to the building despite having forcibly cut the power to it the night before, leaving the building locked down due to the security shutters having no power.

70+ are now out of work.

The way this has been handled is obviously wrong and utterly disgusting.

Chilly

Balls of steel
WTF?? Cable is/was epic. That is a serious dick move.

Chilly

Balls of steel
gotta be millions in soundsystem and related kit in there. wankers.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So are they getting built into or around? I don't quite understand why the premises is affected, is it literally underground?

rynnor

Rockhound
We are only seeing one side of the story here - I would like to know the other side of it before I picked a side.

Is this just a random repost Waz or do you know anything about the facts of the case?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Closing it is stupid and probably not as necessary as they deem it.

They way they went about it though is disgusting. Years of assurance that it'd be fine. Then a suggestion it may not be, but when the club try to discuss it they refused any talks at all. None. They then show up, go "this is ours now, why aren't you helping?" and wonder why they're met with surprise?

Utter madness

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
So are they getting built into or around? I don't quite understand why the premises is affected, is it literally underground?

No-one but Network Rail knows that. That's one of the things, a downright refusal to give anyone any information. It's a club under arches under a bridge.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
We are only seeing one side of the story here - I would like to know the other side of it before I picked a side.

Is this just a random repost Waz or do you know anything about the facts of the case?

Everyone would like to know the other side. Network Rail are and have refused to put anything forward. To the club, to the public, to anyone.

Gwadien

Suppose they get support from the Government and stuff for infrastructure>a club in London, no matter how mighty it is.

But I do agree, it's a pretty dick way to go about it. I suppose it's only a tiny dent into the massive project they're undertaking.

rynnor

Rockhound
Everyone would like to know the other side. Network Rail are and have refused to put anything forward. To the club, to the public, to anyone.

You don't get a warrant out against you overnight - the court processes can take months and they would have had to show the judge that the tenant had been notified so there's nothing overnight about it.

Ignoring the notices from the court can be a very bad idea...

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You don't get a warrant out against you overnight - the court processes can take months and they would have had to show the judge that the tenant had been notified so there's nothing overnight about it.

Ignoring the notices from the court can be a very bad idea...

The tennant clearly had not been notified of anything, gigs have been lined up for the next few months there. You're not going to go through the enormous amount of work that takes if you know you're being kicked out. The fact they locked them out of their own building pretty much tells everyone that they had no intention of adequately informing everyone of what was going on.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yep, there is no way this was an all of a sudden thing, they didn't just show up and surprise everyone. The owners would have known about it months in advance.

If not then Network rail would have broken the law and they generally try not to do that because A, it costs them financially and B it makes them look even more like dicks. and yeah, a warrant takes a while to get they would have been advised of that in advance too.

rynnor

Rockhound
The tennant clearly had not been notified of anything, gigs have been lined up for the next few months there. You're not going to go through the enormous amount of work that takes if you know you're being kicked out. The fact they locked them out of their own building pretty much tells everyone that they had no intention of adequately informing everyone of what was going on.

Some people just go into denial when they get bad news hoping that something will turn up - they locked them out because the court had given them a warrant to re-posess the property - again from a process that takes months - somebody is fibbing here...

rynnor

Rockhound
If not then Network rail would have broken the law and they generally try not to do that because A, it costs them financially and B it makes them look even more like dicks. and yeah, a warrant takes a while to get they would have been advised of that in advance too.

They had a court order - there are specific requirements to get such an order and the chances that the tenant didnt get informed are basically zero.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
But as stated in the video, Cable have tried to discuss the DETAILS of it with Network Rail but were refused. They knew that there was potential for stuff to happen, even after they were assured they would have no affect on the business but have been utterly blanked when it comes to knowing when/where/why/how.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Hmm, something fishy here. This is all the London Bridge Station redevelopment and the new Tooley Street redev that's caused this right? I know a company that was based around there and they moved to Farringdon over a year ago because they knew this was all happening. The plans went in in summer 2011 and everyone was told it was definitely happening as part of the whole Shard complex. Not sure we're getting the whole story...

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
...which is why it'd be nice for Network Rail to say something to the people they've just made unemployed.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
A hilariously amateurish video which presents a wholly one-sided view of events. Based on that alone, I do not believe the club's owners are entirely innocent.

rynnor

Rockhound
But as stated in the video, Cable have tried to discuss the DETAILS of it with Network Rail but were refused. They knew that there was potential for stuff to happen, even after they were assured they would have no affect on the business but have been utterly blanked when it comes to knowing when/where/why/how.

I think the reality is that the tenant was told long ago but perhaps thought that they could delay the legal process or something - clearly they failed.

The point to start talking is not when the bailiffs are at your door.

rynnor

Rockhound
...which is why it'd be nice for Network Rail to say something to the people they've just made unemployed.

I'm sure the details are available from the court that posted the warrant - should be copies of it up around the site too unless people from Cable ripped them down.

All network rail have done is evict a tenant who refused to leave - the boss of Cable made those people redundant.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
A hilariously amateurish video which presents a wholly one-sided view of events. Based on that alone, I do not believe the club's owners are entirely innocent.

Yes, you're right. The club that's just been shut down a couple of days ago needs to spend lots of money to make a video which won't help them but raise awareness. That's a good use of money. And as said before, there is ONLY ONE SIDE BECAUSE THE OTHER SIDE REFUSE TO SAY ANYTHING.

Fuck me.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Considering the rest of that video is lies you still believe this bit why?

What? Please explain where these lies are? No-one here knows the truth, this is the whole fucking point.

Gwadien

more I watch the video, I think it's one of those fuck da police establishment, the guy who asks for the warrant even looks like that bloke that claims the royal family are lizards and stuff.

Probably want to cause anarchy. ;)

DAYUM HIPPIES

rynnor

Rockhound
What? Please explain where these lies are? No-one here knows the truth, this is the whole fucking point.

The court knows the truth and on the basis of fact they issued a warrant - that tells me that what has been presented in the video is not true.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Its not really the job of a bailiff to explain himself to someone sticking a camera in his face. You've taken the default position that Network Rail haven't spoken to these guys (because that's what they're saying) but in reality we have no idea. Big companies like Network Rail will have a standard "don't say anything in public, that's the PR departments' job" instruction to all their employees. And they certainly won't say anything that might be prejudicial in a future court case. Bottom line is we only have one side of the story and no way to verify it.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Its not really the job of a bailiff to explain himself to someone sticking a camera in his face. You've taken the default position that Network Rail haven't spoken to these guys (because that's what they're saying) but in reality we have no idea. Big companies like Network Rail will have a standard "don't say anything in public, that's the PR departments' job" instruction to all their employees. And they certainly won't say anything that might be prejudicial in a future court case. Bottom line is we only have one side of the story and no way to verify it.

Totally, it's not the fact the people on site didn't say anything on camera. It's the fact that during the ongoing legal stuff, they weren't told to get out. They just showed up one day and went "all yous are out of here." They gave them no chance to clear the place out by forcibly locking it by cutting power to security systems without warning in the middle of the night.

And yes we only have one side of the story. This is about raising awareness so that people actually get the full story, so that 70 people aren't just left scratching their heads as to why they no longer have an income. It's not a "boohoo they closed the club" - although that is a disappointment and cause for upset for a large number of people - it's a "er, what? since when?" type scenario.

rynnor

Rockhound
Totally, it's not the fact the people on site didn't say anything on camera. It's the fact that during the ongoing legal stuff, they weren't told to get out.

I'm sorry but if you knew anything about legal processes in England you would know that wasn't true - they had notice - for their own reasons they ignored them - end of.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yes, you're right. The club that's just been shut down a couple of days ago needs to spend lots of money to make a video which won't help them but raise awareness. That's a good use of money. And as said before, there is ONLY ONE SIDE BECAUSE THE OTHER SIDE REFUSE TO SAY ANYTHING.

Fuck me.

The other side were probably thinking "Well, we did everything we're legally obliged to do, so what's left? Answer silly questions voiced by some hipster with a cheapo camera?"

If I worked there, I'd be blaming the nightclub management for the loss of my job. Landlords don't simply move in without warning. I bet the club had plenty of notice and just chose to ignore it, for reasons best left to speculation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom