Film Netflix?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Hula also does the same for chrome if you need an alternative.

georgie

FH is my second home
Just coming to the end of season 1 of Orange Is The New Black. A netflix commissioned/produced/made thing by the same people that did Weeds.

I've enjoyed it, and it had nothing whatsoever to do with the women's prison lesbo scenes. No sir, not at all.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Lesbo scenes you say...!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just coming to the end of season 1 of Orange Is The New Black. A netflix commissioned/produced/made thing by the same people that did Weeds.

I've enjoyed it, and it had nothing whatsoever to do with the women's prison lesbo scenes. No sir, not at all.
Its ok, its no Oz but it is ok.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South

Awaiting season 2 for that and House of Cards.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Watching series 1, its not the best thing ever but enjoying it.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
found a newish app for watch tv unblock-us.com works on phone/ps3 and the comp and on the pc gives 5.1 sound for Netflix US..

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Combination of Oz and Weeds the best way to describe it? Sounds like a cool series none the less.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's a poor mans Oz. Watchable it is but nowhere near as intriguing.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's only relation wish Oz is that it is set in a prison, it's like comparing Porridge with Oz. I thought it was pretty good myself and looking forward to season 2.

georgie

FH is my second home
Combination of Oz and Weeds the best way to describe it? Sounds like a cool series none the less.

I've not seen Oz and only seen half a dozen or so of Weeds. Seemed to be the same vibe as Weeds though.

Like Raven, I'm looking forward to season 2.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Now I have a fancy TV I want to re-watch BSG. HD torrents are slow to download, so I've joined Netflix. It seems to have much more than it did last year, including things like 24 and Breaking Bad, so I think for £6 or so its looking ok.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Now I have a fancy TV I want to re-watch BSG. HD torrents are slow to download, so I've joined Netflix. It seems to have much more than it did last year, including things like 24 and Breaking Bad, so I think for £6 or so its looking ok.

*Strokes uncontended 100MB FTH connection* ORLY?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I would rather still watch on Netflix than download. I only download stuff now if it is not on Netflix and in future if I know it is going to be on Netflix shortly after it airs in the US, which one or two of the programs I watch are (The US version anyway) I wont bother downloading at all.

As soon as all the licensing and copyright people remove their heads from their collective arses then I can see a real decline in TV show piracy.

They need to do the same with films, new releases available as pay-per-view, I would rather pay £8 to watch a new release at home than have to sit with all those cunts rustling their bags and coughing at the cinema.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's certainly better than when I had it a year back. Frankly in the new flat with the wife and we've not watched regular TV once since we've had it so TV licence can do one which more than covers the cost of Netflix

DaGaffer

I would rather still watch on Netflix than download. I only download stuff now if it is not on Netflix and in future if I know it is going to be on Netflix shortly after it airs in the US, which one or two of the programs I watch are (The US version anyway) I wont bother downloading at all.

As soon as all the licensing and copyright people remove their heads from their collective arses then I can see a real decline in TV show piracy.

They need to do the same with films, new releases available as pay-per-view, I would rather pay £8 to watch a new release at home than have to sit with all those cunts rustling their bags and coughing at the cinema.

If Netflix had an offline mode like Spotify I'd probably download next to nothing...

rynnor

Rockhound
MYstIC G said:
It's certainly better than when I had it a year back. Frankly in the new flat with the wife and we've not watched regular TV once since we've had it so TV licence can do one which more than covers the cost of Netflix

I think a lot of people are in the same boat - I can see the license fee just fading away over the next decade.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Anyone know how to get my telly to view US Netflix, as my PC currently is (with the afore-mentioned chrome plugin)?

DaGaffer

Anyone know how to get my telly to view US Netflix, as my PC currently is (with the afore-mentioned chrome plugin)?

Not yet, unless you go down the VPN route at router level. I currently watch Netflix on my telly using Apple TV (because Samsung haven't bothered to update my telly with Netflix in Ireland, support-shy pricks that they are), which is completely locked down, but I think when the chromecast dongle becomes available, that might offer at least a partial solution (since it will work like Airplay off a Chrome browser).

Ormorof

FH is my second home
they already switched the TV licence to a mandatory tax here in Finland based on income but its all a bit vague and i am not entirely sure it all goes to the national broadcaster (sneaky government trying to spend it on other things it seems)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Jimi from your pc to tv is easiest way, just use your tv as a monitor. I do find the quality isn't as good this way though.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I thought about that but it won't work, I've just completely torn apart and rebuilt the back room and there's no way to install new cabling without spending a significant amount of money. Unless, that is, I can somehow send HDMI over wifi with some crappy little dongle thingy.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
"send HDMI" ? Isn't HDMI just fancy CAT5? I am pretty sure there will be a wireless solution.

For example, I can stream HD stuff from PC to PS3 via wireless without any problems.

DaGaffer

This is what I was talking about in an earlier post, but its a bit of a pain in the arse; yes Netflix will work, but it will stop iPlayer working etc. and I don't really want to be jumping in and out of the router all the time to change settings. I'm sure some clever person could set up a script or a tunnel or something to make it simpler to switch back and forth, but that wouldn't be me...

It occurs to me if I could get Firefox or Chrome on my RPi, that might be the answer although I don't its straightforward in either case.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
"hola unblocker" for chrome im being told is worth a look for , well, unblocking..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom