nerf?

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
Methos said:
- You're comparing his Achilles Heel to your Garrotte (which has a lower stylebonus, although not that much).

- Legendary weap vs normal?

1) with same base dmg i'd do around ~165 dmg with achilles.
2) both of us used legendaries.

papasan was playing Merc that is not infil dmg

mercs do not stealth.

It is a combination of relics, legendary weapons, using better styles, in better gear with a better class and probably a better spec.

class and relics, mb styles... all other is equal, or, perhaps, even in my advantage.

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Ausbourne said:
cry more gimp with shit armorset. even jergiot got more +str cap with his thrust spec then you have :eek:

And who is this retarded fakenicker? I doubt he have tbh.. if u think of that screenshot with my stats.. sorry, they are long gone. (that was my first ToA-template made aaaaages ago, who cba)
Add another 20str and some con/hits and quickness to it, and u have my new stats.

sry4notspeccingStr@startup

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Haldar said:
class and relics, mb styles... all other is equal, or, perhaps, even in my advantage.

* No its not; for example judge the resists on the screenshot. 145 (-41). Whatever you using; he isnt very weak to it. While assassins are very weak to heat UNLESS they got heat-resist buff up or skyhigh AoM or EM. Did you have that too when they hit you for 440?

* He has spec-AF; do you ?

* He has 20% relics; you dont

* I dont know your spec; but your spec will not be as good as him. You *NEED* to spec high CS to use these styles, and you need to spec high LA to reduce your mainhand penalty as much as possible from the Left-Axe mechanics. He doesnt have to spec his DW as high ofcourse since his mainhand doesnt suffer with low DW-spec. He has 2,5x spec-points; no matter how u turn it; its an advantage; even with the new Wyrrd specs which ofcourse also applies for infils (if they dont mind loosing dragonfang xD)

* He's using a 50% dex 50% str based weapon. Therefore in theory he can have a higher WS then you AND he does only suffer for 50% a WS loss after enervating.

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
yeah, its totally unbelievable that they havent put a range on cleric AF-buff yet.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Wmv said:
soz but are you 2 completly retarded?

QQ

i have an opinion and that makes me a retard ? ermmmmmm K!

friars are considered good solo classes but i still get beaten by sb's (low rr ones aint to hard for me) but higher rr ones still hit for good dmge.and sometiomes they beat me and i havent even hit them once.. but do i come here whining and crying for nerfs? noo cos i aint a QQ like most on these boards.

just because there is a cple clases sb's struggle to beat dont make them op'd u plonker .

some classes will be stornger than there realms counterpart.. but can beat other classes . its the way the game works.

its like hunters they can hit me for 400-60 with bow. and the when imin melee range they can STILL hit me for 400+ (markcje hit me for 450 other day) thats with max melee resists and 49% heat resists (he was using a heat lw) and thats without relics.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet, calm down a little. He isn't using heat weapons, just FYI.

I had a fight with Papasan at Bledmeer bridge the other day. He landed a style (not Achilles from what I saw of the animation, PA/CD would have been impossible to land for him - looked like a Garrote to me or something similar) for 399 dmg on me (granted, probably a crit). I landed Achilles Heel successfully in return for 107 (-53) dmg. ( 45+14 CS, 350 str, 676 AF with charge, 594 without, can't remember if it was up or not - probably not since our AF charges can run out and only last 10 minutes each ) - that's a 1.05 growth rate style. Only reason I can think of that could explain nearly 4 times my damage from what looked like a lesser style would be a battle charge or something. But that's still an extremely huge difference. ( 3 times + crit? )

I have capped spirit resists, and was using spirit weapons at that time. (which I must say I'm less than impressed with). I'm guessing he has atleast one level of avoidance of magic. (26% on template, 5% racial as briton and 2% from AoM1) Worth mentioning is that he was at 50% life when he jumped -me-.

In OF, I never had any real problems with just about any class. Without relics in NF, just about every class is a challenge, even if I get the jump. (granted, everything is a challenge since extremely few solo :()

I don't think there's anything wrong with infiltrators, nor Shadowblades for that matter. I'd say that it's relics that aren't working as intended. (or that Shadowblades were balanced with relicbonus included - which would be extremely odd and clearly a longshot)

Just my 2c.

Ixu

Loyal Freddie
Yep, it's kinda sad that WARDERER infil can kill me even if i use FZ .. Balanced game etc. :)

ztyx

Fledgling Freddie
also:
I would change SBs stun style to a 2 sec stun after evade all the time.
Stun in chain is just crap.

Nerf Infils damage and dragon fang :clap:

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
In OF, I never had any real problems with just about any class. Without relics in NF, just about every class is a challenge, even if I get the jump. (granted, everything is a challenge since extremely few solo :()

u was happy with easy mode pre nf ? or was the post you made NOT a whine. cos IMO a challenge is what this game should be about.

no fun at all running upto sum1 or shooting them knowing the % of losing is low. winning v close fights or lasting fights r the best fun in the game. even if i lose. if it was a good fight i am happy and thats how it should be imo.. not just "fuck yes i just wtf pwnd sum1 who didnt hit me or done shitty dmge and i got 1k rp's ... yeaaaaaaaaa bring on the rp's"

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Jpeg[LOD] said:
u was happy with easy mode pre nf ? or was the post you made NOT a whine. cos IMO a challenge is what this game should be about.
The post I made was not a whine. A challenge is what the game should be about (hello, I solo) - but it isn't a challenge anymore, it's suicide.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:

tell your scout, infil m8s about that plz :-o

we tell our svges,,, oh wait they are not playing anymore...!

your turn.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Whisperess said:
Puppet, calm down a little. He isn't using heat weapons, just FYI.

I know; he told me he used spirit alot awhile back ;)

But the fact is; people keep comparing apples with oranges. There is SO many 5% here, 15% there, 10% here, 20% there it makes a *HUGE* difference if you add it up.

TOA buffbot spec-AF gives about what; 15-20% damage-reduction ? Look at the screenshot; there is certainly ~25% resists to the damage-type. So you aint getting the most benefit out of the legendary weapons.

Other stuff like only comparing mainhand (you always swing offhand; he certainly doesnt) and such add up.

Does it add up till 3x as much damage? Well; probably not. But if you add up everything and convert it to 'infil damage' (so hitting someone without spec-AF etc etc and taking for this case he isnt swinging his offhand either) you get probably alot closer then the popular 'three times!!111 nerf' where basically *EVERYTHING* is in the disadvantage of your SB (spec-AF, relics, resists, weaponskill after enervating debuff etc etc etc)

Ofcourse still infil>shadowblade. But the difference isnt as huge as illustrated here. Its like comparing my 639 style to a 5-spec SB hitting me with 2 slashers for 80 mainhand 60 offhand and QQ about the fact rangers are overpowered because they consistently hit for 639.

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
Ixu said:
Yep, it's kinda sad that WARDERER infil can kill me even if i use FZ .. Balanced game etc. :)
lol, die after u fz a r2 inf? oO

Killrake

Fledgling Freddie
Jergiot said:
plz stop saying sbs are fine, when a class depends on relics to be "decent" against the other realms stealthers something is wrong. just like albs depended alot on sos/bof in the old days. im not sure if infils need a nerf, hard to say, instead of nerfing i think its better to just boost the shadowblade in some way (start with their rr5 ra Oo), but mebbe thats harder and makes them to good against the "regular" classes.

infils are just superior against sbs, and to some degree shades, altho imo shades are alot better off then sbs. im sorry if some albs gets pissed when i say this, but its the truth, and no it dont matter what dmg savages/zerkers do/did, it still dont justify the crap sbs taking now, even tho the whining getting pretty boring :D. just like mos on archers dont justify the SH hell they went through. like elajt says, 2 wrongs dont make 1 right^^

oh and jpeg, about the crits, ur wrong :|

http://www.gunner440.com/random/ahztyx.jpg

U have my greatest respect
Jerg for President IMHO

Ging

Part of the furniture
ding 791 alch :) god these threads are boring - same shit different thread - my inf isnt specced any different from before NF, its the relics and a certain amount of luck - ofc thats compounded by all u FUCKERS NOT SOLOING SO I GET MY ASS HANDERED TO ME YOUR LITTLE FUCKTARD STEALTH ZERGS. TBH the relics make no difference when its 3vs1 - might even get the one fo you FOOKERS to 50% hp.

BASTARDS to a man/woman(im PC)

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
I know; he told me he used spirit alot awhile back ;)

But the fact is; people keep comparing apples with oranges. There is SO many 5% here, 15% there, 10% here, 20% there it makes a *HUGE* difference if you add it up.

TOA buffbot spec-AF gives about what; 15-20% damage-reduction ? Look at the screenshot; there is certainly ~25% resists to the damage-type. So you aint getting the most benefit out of the legendary weapons.

Other stuff like only comparing mainhand (you always swing offhand; he certainly doesnt) and such add up.

Does it add up till 3x as much damage? Well; probably not. But if you add up everything and convert it to 'infil damage' (so hitting someone without spec-AF etc etc and taking for this case he isnt swinging his offhand either) you get probably alot closer then the popular 'three times!!111 nerf' where basically *EVERYTHING* is in the disadvantage of your SB (spec-AF, relics, resists, weaponskill after enervating debuff etc etc etc)

Ofcourse still infil>shadowblade. But the difference isnt as huge as illustrated here. Its like comparing my 639 style to a 5-spec SB hitting me with 2 slashers for 80 mainhand 60 offhand and QQ about the fact rangers are overpowered because they consistently hit for 639.

blablabla...zZz...are you finished?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
#Give midgard same lefthand mechanics as albion and hibernia.

#Make sword dex/str for SB's.

How hard can it be?

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
#Give midgard same lefthand mechanics as albion and hibernia.

#Make sword dex/str for SB's.

How hard can it be?

just add str/dex or dex/qui debuff poisons and do something about lefthand mechanics,,, mythic may realise it in a few years from now :)

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
just some comments about the comments:

about dex/qui poison: this aint a good idea, cause it hurts the other classes in the game way to much, and mythic will never implement it.

about LA: its silly to ask that midgard should get DW/CD instead of the LA they got now, remember stealthers arnt the only classes u got, and ona lighttank LA is a better deal then cd/dw.

about my gear: my temp allowes me to switch between 4 diff leg weaps, mp thruster and GS without losing anything really. Its just about keeping track on who u fighting and what they are weak to.

sbs weaps: most sbs i fight use heat leg weap main, malice in offhand. using spirit aint the best idea against albs imo. altho im very very suprised there is like no shadowblade that runs with malice in mainhand and a dex/qui debuff offhander. there are some really nice ones, like croc for example, also some nice high UV rogs that drop that even got bonuses and raises cap. imo sbs dont make the best out of the weaps they can use.

they need luvin, but switching la to dw/cd and giving assassins dex/qui poison is deff not the way :p

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Nalistah said:
nono, this is perfectly fine, dont u think Smilewhenueatmyarse? OR DOES IT NEED HARD DATA AND FACTS!! ETC?

Ermm - yes actually it does. Well done - you got there in the end.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Runolas uses malice main hand, still axe speced. But no croc tooth.

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
All know albion has the 3 best stealth classes in the game.

Oh, and they have 3 stealth classes, too ;p

Scout: range, slam, fz = nice combo
Infil: more spec points, access to AF buff, str/dex based damage, better offhand mechanix
Minstrel: best speed, insta this n that, fz (as if they didnt have enough cc to begin with for a stealth class)

Imo to level things out: give speccable shield to hunters, give SBs more spec pts + str/dex debuff poison, and give skalds stealth (that would make them virtually equal to the Minstrel :D )

:p

ShivaW

Fledgling Freddie
Klonk said:
All know albion has the 3 best stealth classes in the game.

Oh, and they have 3 stealth classes, too ;p

Scout: range, slam, fz = nice combo
Infil: more spec points, access to AF buff, str/dex based damage, better offhand mechanix
Minstrel: best speed, insta this n that, fz (as if they didnt have enough cc to begin with for a stealth class)

Imo to level things out: give speccable shield to hunters, give SBs more spec pts + str/dex debuff poison, and give skalds stealth (that would make them virtually equal to the Minstrel :D )

LOL, why didnt you said this when mid with 3 relic? sb does 400 and hunter does 800 damage or more :m00:

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
Klonk said:

fgs, for once think outside of the box. the game aint about stealthwars only, how do u think the sbs enemys feel when they get both dex and str debuffed.

and skald getting stealth? why should they? plz come up with a better explenation then "minstrels have it".

GrIrcSpammer

Fledgling Freddie
the solutions mentioned r nealy hilarious .... the only problem is inf w/o relix = sb with relix and when this doesnt happen game is not balanced ... v simple rly ... and as far as weapons used yes malice croc would be great but u also need the battler charge and a l/w weap for some particular enemies that have loads of PD .... sbs need a simple dmg boost and the ability to go str/dex weaps ...

i love u all xDxDxD

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Jergiot said:
just some comments about the comments:

about dex/qui poison: this aint a good idea, cause it hurts the other classes in the game way to much, and mythic will never implement it.

str/con debuff is more deadly then str/dex could ever be tbh.

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
str/con debuff is more deadly then str/dex could ever be tbh.

no not really, specially concidering they would be using both. lets say they fight a scout, or any shieldtank really, why should they be put in such a disadvantage? even if the infil sb fight aint balanced, sbs are still very high up on the foodchain here. all assassins are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom