Nerf range of Bd's lifetap

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
even more love to casters? thanks no, they are fine.

It's not really love, it's fixing something that should have been fixed a long time ago. Should a level 50 healer be chain interrupted by a level 5 grey con pet?

Interruption should be at least a little challenging, since it has such a profound effect on some classes (casters/healers). If you want a pet to interrupt you should have to spec to get that pet to a level where he can interrupt by dealing damage, else I'm guessing thats not what the class was designed to do.

Saying nearsight, mez, debuffs etc shouldn't interrupt is common sense really, especially if they are interrupted. One night I kept a whole group+ of hibs interrupted at mtk with the grey near sight (which was resisted 90% of the time)- thats silly, and it's this that contributes to some classes (like the bd) having more utility than was probably intended.

It might even make tanks more necessary again in open warfare in NF, since it wouldn't be a simple matter of 'sic grey con pet' or 'spam aoe amnesia/mez' to keep casters interrupted.

Anyway that's just my opinion, I think that's the only aspect of a BD that is possibly overpowered, and only due to shit interrupt code.

To the guy that said BDs require less healing in a group: first thing that happens usually is that the group gets AoE mezzed at some point, which will leave healer pets out of play for the duration due to no transferable resists and very low level, unless the bd trades off nuking for demezzing his pets. give higher con pets ;)

RaiztliN

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
Camlann, the place where bds /send me after ae mezzing them then dd-dd-stun-hit-hit-while-mercfil-brother-dualshadowspam-tears-him-apart-under-stun-dur.

:D

Yep, that and zerging them hard, is only options I've found \o/

RaiztliN

Fledgling Freddie
Kelan said:
Oh and Raistlin

Yes ive played versus bd's on pryd and camlann and ive both died to them and killed them,and yes ive played more chars than just a bd so dont try to prejudge me and put me in the "noob" catagory.

Never said u were in the "noob" catagory, as I'm sure u can DD with darkbase at the same time u instaLT :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
bd is great in a grp tbh if played well
(/points at hellsraiser)
With access to banelord and the ability to interupt 3-4 people they are great to have (depending on grp setup ofc).

I personally dont see why stealthers whine, mez poison means you make all its pets inactive, and if you cant drop a cloth class before youre stun wears off you really ought to go back to pve and sort ur template/respec

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
Excal

Level 50's Albion: 4,349 (39%) Hibernia: 3,026 (27%) Midgard: 3,718 (34%) 11,093

Pryd

Level 50's Albion: 2,953 (40%) Hibernia: 1,765 (24%) Midgard: 2,751 (37%) 7,469

funny dat :eek:

Take the RvR active population....
Not the lvl 50 population doing pve...
Funny that... oh wait, check it out here.
Hibs are not so populair, but Mids and Albs are pretty darn close...
Regards, Glottis

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
So everythings all right as long as only hibs get the shaft. Cheers Glottis. :p

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
So everythings all right as long as only hibs get the shaft. Cheers Glottis. :p

I do feel Mythic should take steps to make Hibernia more interesting, for example allow people to move their lvl 50's (+items, ml's and rr's) to Hibernia.
Plenty of people who would not mind running in a nice Hib group at all.
Just few people who can be arsed to start a new toon, new ml's, new arti hunts and miss their friends on top of that.
However, Hibernia has several very nice classes, and it very competitive in RvR.
All I want to say is that Albion having a numerical advantage does not mean it should get the shaft with its classes.
Regards, Glottis

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
I do feel Mythic should take steps to make Hibernia more interesting, for example allow people to move their lvl 50's (+items, ml's and rr's) to Hibernia.
Plenty of people who would not mind running in a nice Hib group at all.
Just few people who can be arsed to start a new toon, new ml's, new arti hunts and miss their friends on top of that.
However, Hibernia has several very nice classes, and it very competitive in RvR.
All I want to say is that Albion having a numerical advantage does not mean it should get the shaft with its classes.
Regards, Glottis

so, if it is how you say, then exactly what should one do to keep alb in line? I mean, you cant both have the population and all the overpowered classes. Wait, let me guess, that would fit you just perfectly?

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:
so, if it is how you say, then exactly what should one do to keep alb in line? I mean, you cant both have the population and all the overpowered classes. Wait, let me guess, that would fit you just perfectly?

I would prefer balanced classes, not overpowered.
If all I wanted to do was play overpowered classes, I could have joined Midgard a long time ago...
And if you read my post, I state that Mythic should work on ideas to make Hibernia and Midgard more attractive, or possibly even forcing people who start to join a specific realm. But keep looking for things to bitch about in my posts :)
Regards, Glottis

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
they should have thought about realm population balance from the start. put a cap it so one realm couldnt grow over 5% more than the others, like in planetside. Its to late now

Kelan

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis download nf patch + 2 gorre files go to gorre and play any mid class of your choice then come back here and tell us how mids are horribly overpowered compared to all other realms.Sure some classes might be strong but alb certainly has it good classes compared to mid and so is the same with hib compared to alb/mid.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
The BoneDancer in a 1 v 1 situation is God, I'm a Mid and I think they are overpowered!

Population wise the PvP server highlights this, the Shaman is the most popular character (BB), the Necro the second (the power leveller/cash farmer), then it is the BoneDancer the solo RP farming machine.

Most characters have some obvious weakness the BD does not, the Life Tap is ridiculous.
At 2000 range I (Hunter) shoot a BD (or his commander),
feck BT,
Reload Critshot shot... fire
Feck all four are running to me...
Get another arrow off
Feck BD 100% healed.
Feck interrupted with insta lifetap at 1500 range...
Send Wolf to BD (fwiw)
Feck can't run cos pet will follow.
Feck can't stealth cos pet will pop me
Feck can't speed burst as LT will break it.
Get into Melee combat
Die.
Not bad as I got the jump from 2000 range! :(

Make LifeTap non insta or make it 750 range gets my vote, or give Hunters insta ae stun at 2000 range...

Even the commander doesn't die fast enough....

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
At 2000 range I (Hunter) shoot a BD (or his commander),
feck BT

First off, you don't shoot the commander unless for some reason he is on low health and your one shot will kill him (and you're in a good position) so the bd will lose his healers. Rule of thumb is that if you're solo vs a BD you go for the weakest part- the cloth wearing soft chewy centre itself.

BT you should expect on any caster, that's hardly some surprising BD only ability. Hunters have an insta summon doggy do they not? Sic on BD to pop his bubble and fire away (though depends on pet range I guess?)

Reload Critshot shot... fire
Feck all four are running to me...

Position and distance matter a lot, often if you do it right you can start popping off arrows outside of /face range so the BD won't know where you are. If his pets run at you, they still move like slugs, you have time to get a few arrows off.

Get another arrow off
Feck BD 100% healed.

My pets never heal that fast, I'm lucky if they've thrown a heal by the third arrow, put yes it's tough once they've started tapping you.

I would say though, the BD is designed to be a soloer and given tools that make soloing possible. One on one they are powerful indeed, but take that range away and you know they would be dead before they got anywhere near an archer or a bolter. Its a hard situation to find the ballance for.

As I've said before though, the pets following stealthers thing sucks, there should be some fix there that means an unfortunate stealther at least has some chance.

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
they should have thought about realm population balance from the start. put a cap it so one realm couldnt grow over 5% more than the others, like in planetside. Its to late now

aye that woulda been nice :|

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
rivan said:
I would say though, the BD is designed to be a soloer and given tools that make soloing possible. One on one they are powerful indeed, but take that range away and you know they would be dead before they got anywhere near an archer or a bolter. Its a hard situation to find the ballance for.
What, like any other caster? :p
I wouldn't think of charging an archer - it's much better to run away from them and not die. Even for pet classes that tends to be the better choice (you then get to follow your pet to the archer :p)

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
rivan said:
First off, you don't shoot the commander unless for some reason he is on low health and your one shot will kill him (and you're in a good position) so the bd will lose his healers. Rule of thumb is that if you're solo vs a BD you go for the weakest part- the cloth wearing soft chewy centre itself.

BT you should expect on any caster, that's hardly some surprising BD only ability. Hunters have an insta summon doggy do they not? Sic on BD to pop his bubble and fire away (though depends on pet range I guess?)

Position and distance matter a lot, often if you do it right you can start popping off arrows outside of /face range so the BD won't know where you are. If his pets run at you, they still move like slugs, you have time to get a few arrows off.

My pets never heal that fast, I'm lucky if they've thrown a heal by the third arrow, put yes it's tough once they've started tapping you.

As I've said before though, the pets following stealthers thing sucks, there should be some fix there that means an unfortunate stealther at least has some chance.

The old trick still works.

Sprint away a bit to a mob camp, stealth and move through, if not enough pop an end potion sprint on and repeat. Not 100 % sure thing but it do work from time to time. Worst part if bd in range at start to fire instas, then its most likely game over.

Another trick is if you know other alb stealthers close, pop a few arrows in him and pets will chase you leaving bd'er open to attacks.

Use desease poisons as an infil.

Bd'ers newer easy and i think they are not ment to be :)

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
rivan said:
Hunters have an insta summon doggy do they not? Sic on BD to pop his bubble and fire away (though depends on pet range I guess?).

Nice post!

Range on Wolf is same as LifeDrain (1500)... if wolf engages and bd goes into combat I loose Critshot ability. So better to stay 500 further away and get an extra shot or two in and avoid LifeDrain.

rivan said:

For hunter that could be classed as a big nerf :) as I'm always doing that, TS pop wolf, restealth, send wolf to Infil wait for infil to engage wolf, open up with bow......

Once I killed both the BD's healer pets before the commander got to me, then it was a bit fairer and I won that fight :)

What's also anoying is you don't seem to be able to interupt the healer pets, if I put wolf on one pet and I engage the second they shouldn't be able to heal the BD.... but alas....

Kelan

Fledgling Freddie
By Elewyth(TLSOA)
Range: 700
Castime: 15s

lool 700 range AND 15s recast wat are u on :eek6:

Kelan said:
By Elewyth(TLSOA)
Range: 700
Castime: 15s

lool 700 range AND 15s recast wat are u on :eek6:

oh im sorry mr i like to spam1buttonfortehwin.. its called Balance.. the range is too far and the timer is short.. 15s brings it inline with a lot of insta dmg spells.. or would you have the bd's stay overpowered.. ofc you would.

Kelan

Fledgling Freddie
Go and make one on gorre and play it in rvr with a group or solo and see how you do JUST relying on that overpowered lifetap,then ask yourself if your balancing 15sec recast and 700 range wouldnt fuck the class up tottally.

Oh a thought just accurred to me when u fight my Bd you wont ever find me strafing like a chump maybe thats wat your problem is with bd's and lifetap.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
I would prefer balanced classes, not overpowered.
If all I wanted to do was play overpowered classes, I could have joined Midgard a long time ago...
And if you read my post, I state that Mythic should work on ideas to make Hibernia and Midgard more attractive, or possibly even forcing people who start to join a specific realm. But keep looking for things to bitch about in my posts :)
Regards, Glottis

the point was, given albs overpopulation, how CAN you balance that?
...inferior classes...

if you get overpowered classes, everyones screwed, if you get balanced classes, we are screwed too

that was what i was saying. But yes, as you said: Giving ppl an incentive to move to hib/mid to balance the pops would be the best. Mythic though would never do that.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
oh im sorry mr i like to spam1buttonfortehwin.. its called Balance.. the range is too far and the timer is short.. 15s brings it inline with a lot of insta dmg spells.. or would you have the bd's stay overpowered.. ofc you would.

you r funny

they'd have lower dps then pallies ffs! xD

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
with 700 range and 15s recast they would need much higher delve, else it would become an insta fart

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom