Nerf range of Bd's lifetap

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Marcus75 said:
No..all casters in battle should at least avoid using /face in battle to make them an easier target...dont use quickcast either and try to melee any attackers...might as well sit down pop a coke and watch the television at amgE. :rolleyes:

If casters shouldnt strafe and try to avoid getting styled upon then stealthers, tanks and whatnot shouldnt run through you and use positionals imo.

;o ofc he was serious ;o

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Impossible to judge most classes these days with a playerbase of 95% using noob-boots (Buffbots).
it is true a Bonedancer is a powerfull opponent indeed, especially against buffbot players who have no clue what other options they have to engage a bonedancer, especially buffed noob stealthers even those of high RR, often is totally nooby because they have no clue how to use the utilitys the classes have, and so much relay on their noob-bot.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
People accept that Albs have crap toons, but claim that in the interest of balance this should be so. Because Albion has a numerical advantage (which population statistics will proof you wrong on...)
alb have some of the best classes stand-alone in the game, the only thing they lack in is fg vs fg rvr, where a alb grp hold less utility.
So once again u can qq to next week with your o so underpowered realm

But all you idiots can do is post some noob comment about me...
All you can do is post pointless drivel, you didnt even read the post just typed out your meaningless empty responce which has made no productive progression for this debate as per usual
(if the other issues with the class are adressed).
What part that I wrote is not true?!
The other factors havent been adressed, and they are still there. So by youre own admission the bd should be left as it is until they have been fixed.
[/quote]
Before you try to score some points by coming with some retarded comment
You wont even read what ive typed and make yourself look more stupid than you already have if thats at all possible

Calo

Part of the furniture
Glottis said:
All the posters after me believe that BD's are overpowered...
Come again, tard.
Regards, Glottis

u believe that anything that can do damage to u is overpowered, u even said once that thanes and skalds are overpowered.

Next week, Cliff beetles are overpowered!!!

oh btw, what u think a bd is worth when his lt is gone?

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Alithiel said:
Just give it the same range and timer as a Reaver's insta lifetap...

And give BD same meele as reavers and bla bla bla....

isn't it normally about now people keep saying that realms shouldn't be alike when talking about nerfing sorcerers, infils, minstrels and similar classes?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
well i have to agree with the poster about the range of lifetap

it is really annoying how you can't sprint away from bd's, since they will just keep on tapping you. there is no nuking bd's unless you can stun (hope they dont purge), you moc, or they are mezzed and you can fire off one nuke.

i think that isn't right. people should have the chance to do something, be it range or quickccast something to regain interrupt control... counts for everything.

on a topic related to not being able to do anything, after lots of playtime on gorre i have to say hib baseline stun really is fucking annoying. my favorite char there is a theurg and played it a lot, i still stand by what i said in the other thread (theurg pet stun equally powerful as hib baseline stun) but i understand why some of you whine about it. fucking hell it's annoying not to be able to do anything :(

arr and talking about gorre + bonedancers, having 3 of them /facing you behind a keep wall is priceless. prolly holding down their insta lifetap button for when you come into LoS.

Kelan

Fledgling Freddie
Pffffffff i dont know why i bother at times with this forum,90% of u ppl never acutally listen to what ppl have to say and u instantly deem every1 else a Noob or fotm.

Bd ba spec and darkness specs are gimped and bugged to hell and how do i know because i have tried all of them thats why, in rvr and in pve.If mythic actually gave summit useful in these lines you would have less tapping bd's,and isnt that wat you would all want ?

Funny how most of u ppl whine at things you most likely havent even tried,oh but i guess most of you wouldnt even attempt to try a spec other than supp on a bd.

Oh and Raistlin

Yes ive played versus bd's on pryd and camlann and ive both died to them and killed them,and yes ive played more chars than just a bd so dont try to prejudge me and put me in the "noob" catagory.

Yadeniel

Fledgling Freddie
Just delete the class :D

The only problem a BD have is the renew of the keyboard every week, they destroy the keys every moment spamming the LT :D

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think dropping the insta to 1000 or 700 range would be that gimping for BDs. People saying cast speed improvements nerf BDs are obviously mistaken - BDs tend to tap to interrupt then spam their base nuke while tapping. That's clearly been boosted by the cast speed improvements. Having them have to run closer to tap would be a good thing imo.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Glottis said:
some inane ramblings....Because Albion has a numerical advantage (which population statistics will proof you wrong on...)...some more inane ramblings...What part that I wrote is not true?!
Before you try to score some points by coming with some retarded comment, try to think for a moment, and try to disprove me.
Regards, Glottis

Excal

Level 50's Albion: 4,349 (39%) Hibernia: 3,026 (27%) Midgard: 3,718 (34%) 11,093

Pryd

Level 50's Albion: 2,953 (40%) Hibernia: 1,765 (24%) Midgard: 2,751 (37%) 7,469

funny dat :eek:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
nerf 10 min edit limit!

note, checking the active 50 stats on all euro servers on every one of them albion has the numerical advantage, i imagine its the same on the US.

btw Glottis.. just out of interest...do you get your facts from christmas crackers?

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
Lifetap actually does need a slight nerf, but it also needs a slight boost. Lifetap was, I think, designed to give the dancer some damage output when meleeing in PVE to supplement that of his pets. The Supp BD was designed to melee an opponent along with his commander while the healer pets keep him alive.

Lifetap has to be an insta for that to work. I would frankly much rather see us given a castable lifetap along the lines of a dark sm (a bit lower return though as healing pets) or a sorc, but I guarentee you people would wine so strongly about being decimated by those ToA'd one second cast time, healing pet equipped lifetappers.

Even with 1500 range LT is still on a 4 second cast timer. 4 seconds is an age in this era. Get 10% cast speed, 10% melee speed and you can kill a BD in under 4 seconds, no problem.

A ToA'd caster can get off 3/4 spells in 4 seconds, and if we're talking about one on one (which I assume we are) then we're most likely talking about vs a Chanter, a Sorc or a Theurg- all of which have great tools vs a Bonedancer, including a snaring/healing pet as well as a stun/nuke combo, bolt range aoe mez and high damage lifetap, chain stunning pets and aoe root. All able to solo a bonedancer. Bolters can floor a BD with ease too. I dread to think how easy NF is going to make it with the more effective Wild Power. 39% chance to crit on a bolt? Ouch.

A ToA'd archer can kill a bonedancer before he's even in lifetap range. 10% range/damage ususally means not even able to /face. I could be wrong, but when you're shot at from such extreme range, pets don't seem to engage either? Or maybe I die so quickly to archers that they don't get the time to?

A ToA'd assassin can kill a BD before the stun on the opener wears off. With all the stealthlore items they inevitably are very hard to see and getting a PA off isn't that hard. BD's don't usually have brittles and such to worry about as Banelord is such an attractive Master Level line. The healer pets often don't have time to heal before boney eats dust. Healer pets should be tweaked and/or subject to some ToA bonus that via tradeoff for some other desirable bonus that greatly increases their cast frequence and reduces the initial delay; they have become a great deal less effective since ToA.

I would point out that pets following a stealther forever sucks, and that should be fixed. Some nice specline thing in Stealth on a 5 min timer that clears pet aggro or something might be nice. 'Cover Tracks' usable from stealth, gained at 36? :)

The solo argument, which is the only instance a BD could be overpowered and only vs certain classes, is becoming less and less applicable as the game is becoming more and more group/zerg based with NF incoming. Even stealthers rarely solo (ofc some do), and especially Alb stealthers (and that's not intended as a dig, just a statement of fact) who have their insta stunner, stealthed mezzers.

IF Lifetap is nerfed, then fix everything else and address the issues that need to be if BD is going to be a grouper or a soloer in NF.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
;o ofc he was serious ;o

He might not have been serious but Ive seen whines about people strafing for so long Im a bit tired of it - If I get attacked by a stealther I always move around alot since in at least 60-70% of those times that stealther has a friend trying to line up a PA.

Saying that you shouldnt strafe is like saying dont defend yourself too much, dont be too hard a target. ;)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
rivan said:
Even with 1500 range LT is still on a 4 second cast timer. 4 seconds is an age in this era. Get 10% cast speed, 10% melee speed and you can kill a BD in under 4 seconds, no problem.
Issue is that you get interrupted instantly on attacking a BD. Because after you get interrupted it takes 3-4 seconds to cast another spell the BD can just interrupt you again when his timer refreshes (assuming he hasn't started nuking). About the only way to kill a BD as a caster is to get him stunned and hope he doesn't have purge2/3 up (purge 1 is less of an issue as a TOAed caster will kill you before it kicks in).

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe insta's shouldn't interrupt.. wouldn't that be interesting? :D

Yeah getting interrupted constantly by an insta sucks, but the problem lies in the shit interrupt code (which WoW has got so right btw), not in the fact that bds have instas.

IF the interrupt code worked correctly you should still be able to cast before the recast timer has expired.

Imo only damage spells should interrupt also, so no nearsight, not mez spamming, no amnesia, no grey pets that miss you. No resisted spells.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah it does but mythic seem very disinclined to change it. :(

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
RaiztliN said:
Erh, u ever tried facing a BD on ur own? cos u sound u like just always played BD .. roll a camlann char and get pissed every 2 sec cos some trolln00b runs around spamming lifetap, while u cant kill him cos pets heal faster than ur dmg output .. QQ tbh :p

Camlann, the place where bds /send me after ae mezzing them then dd-dd-stun-hit-hit-while-mercfil-brother-dualshadowspam-tears-him-apart-under-stun-dur.

:D

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
ehe cast time is uber etc , but if you are interrupted by LT your cast time wont save ya from that "very slow" 4sec LT.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
rivan said:
Maybe insta's shouldn't interrupt.. wouldn't that be interesting? :D

Yeah getting interrupted constantly by an insta sucks, but the problem lies in the shit interrupt code (which WoW has got so right btw), not in the fact that bds have instas.

IF the interrupt code worked correctly you should still be able to cast before the recast timer has expired.

Imo only damage spells should interrupt also, so no nearsight, not mez spamming, no amnesia, no grey pets that miss you. No resisted spells.

even more love to casters? thanks no, they are fine.

Generation

Fledgling Freddie
rivan said:
I would point out that pets following a stealther forever sucks, and that should be fixed. Some nice specline thing in Stealth on a 5 min timer that clears pet aggro or something might be nice. 'Cover Tracks' usable from stealth, gained at 36? :)

On a side note, really like this suggestion :D

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Bd'ers very good solo against many opponents, same as ml5 sorc, but looking at the big picture or fg rvr its not better than many other classes.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Kinad said:
Bd'ers very good solo against many opponents, same as ml5 sorc, but looking at the big picture or fg rvr its not better than many other classes.

spot on, i dont think there is much mythic can do to make every class balanced in every aspect, if you take away one thing that is over powered solo you could destroy a classes group utility, take sorcs for example, solo they are near invinsible (infact every half an hour they are invinsible with moc) but in a group environment they are fine. besides BDs arent that powerfull if you know how to kill them.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Raven said:
spot on, i dont think there is much mythic can do to make every class balanced in every aspect, if you take away one thing that is over powered solo you could destroy a classes group utility, take sorcs for example, solo they are near invinsible (infact every half an hour they are invinsible with moc) but in a group environment they are fine. besides BDs arent that powerfull if you know how to kill them.

I quite disagree here

BD is such an asset to a mid grp. You have the ultimate interrupting machine with 4s insta interrupt, banelord abilities (Demoralization, Tendrils, Banespike,...) pets, a caster who doesnt deal as much raw dmg as a sm or rm but who requires much less healing on him due to its healing pets, hence requires more dmg on him to kill it. A caster who even after being killed n ressed still doing his interrupting job very good.
A decent bonedancer in a grp can fuck up a fight for albs/hibs pretty good. Personally, if i were mid i would allways take a bd in a balanced grp as albs take a theurgist n hibs take an eld.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom