Nerdy Awesome shit you bought!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Got fed up of cheap Bluetooth Car Audio Recievers either not connecting properly, needing switched on every time you get in the car, or just stopping working after 3 months, so splashed out on something a bit pricier.

Sony In-Car Smartphone Controller with BLUETOOTH® Wireless Technology

Sound quality is superb, it has a smartphone volume control which is much useful (such wow), and can be used to zoom in and out of the map if you use Waze (which I don't sadly). Also does voice control if you install a companion app, and will work Siri as well if you are that sort of deviant.

Only grumble is that the remote uses Infrared to connect to the reciever, so the way I have installed it, if I have a drink in the cup holder the remote doesn't work :( Will sort the installation out at some point, but the problem with a 1-Series is, there is bugger all room up front to install such things.

Still a massive improvement on the cheap Taotronics stuff I was getting from Amazon, and worth a look if you want Bluetooth Audio in the car and only have an AUX socket to play with.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Qty 2 Asus PG348 Monitors replacing 3 old 24" LG Screens.

20170619_220845.jpg

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Got fed up of cheap Bluetooth Car Audio Recievers either not connecting properly, needing switched on every time you get in the car, or just stopping working after 3 months, so splashed out on something a bit pricier.

Sony In-Car Smartphone Controller with BLUETOOTH® Wireless Technology

Sound quality is superb, it has a smartphone volume control which is much useful (such wow), and can be used to zoom in and out of the map if you use Waze (which I don't sadly). Also does voice control if you install a companion app, and will work Siri as well if you are that sort of deviant.

Only grumble is that the remote uses Infrared to connect to the reciever, so the way I have installed it, if I have a drink in the cup holder the remote doesn't work :( Will sort the installation out at some point, but the problem with a 1-Series is, there is bugger all room up front to install such things.

Still a massive improvement on the cheap Taotronics stuff I was getting from Amazon, and worth a look if you want Bluetooth Audio in the car and only have an AUX socket to play with.
Get a proper car with in built bluetooth stuffs.

Bodhi

Get a proper car with in built bluetooth stuffs.

It has built in Bluetooth, only for phone calls though. Anyway it's much easier to add Bluetooth Audio, than to rip out the food blender modern cars call an engine, and fit something proper :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Cables and PC case will be sorted when I tidy up, literally just took the monitors out the boxes and on to the desk, wired it up and took a pick. Will do that at the weekend.

Desk is Ikea shit circa 2011 :) and will be changed in the summer but having trouble finding any I like.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
That's a lot of pixels. Me likely.

However I'm always been kind of put off by curved monitors but maybe I'd get used to the screens if I used them in anger for long enough.

Bodhi

Been given a Samsung S6 Edge from work whilst I wait for Vodafone to get their arses in gear and offer the XZ Premium on our Corporate contract. So far, can't say I'm too impressed. Battery life is dogshit compared to the Z3 (that finally broke after 3 years of punishment) and GMail is incredibly slow to sync - I'm getting emails that arrived at my PC (and Z3 for that matter) 3 hours ago?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Bought a work phone for someone, picked up a xiaomi note 4 global edition. Really impressed so far.

Yeah it's got a dogshit theme that looks A LOT like ios, but in terms of battery life, camera, device speed/etc, for £110-120 it's the fucking tits.
You can flash roms on it, so dealing with the MUIU rom or whatever it's called isn't necessary.

The only reason I wouldn't get one personally if my current OPO dies, is that it doesn't have NFC and I use android pay a lot.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just got a one plus 5.

It's shiney :D

Bodhi

Turns out, if you want emails on an S6 Edge to sync properly, you need to turn Sync off in Google Settings! That was obvious!

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Do you have the jelly scrolling?
I've not noticed anything like that but when I scroll stuff I don't really pay attention to how it looks. It's stuff moving up a screen fast, it's not going to be readable if you know what I mean?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'd been having some blue screens lately anyway before my GPU issue, so ordered a ryzen 1700, mobo, 3200 ram.
Choo Choo.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'd been having some blue screens lately anyway before my GPU issue, so ordered a ryzen 1700, mobo, 3200 ram.
Choo Choo.
Be interested in hearing a Freddy opinion on that.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Be interested in hearing a Freddy opinion on that.

I'm enjoying it so far. Runs very cool - overwatch ( fairly cpu intensive for a game ) + streaming with cpu encoding on faster profile = 64 degrees.
By comparison my 2600k OC to 4.5ghz would hit 80 in overwatch, and couldn't cpu encode at the same time at all.

Some games where i'd get hardcore "well shits loading cant do anything on the pc" are now multitaskable.
Imo a great upgrade and I'm happy sacrifice the 1-2% fps loss on average vs a 7700k for the sick multi task capability.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Qty 2 Asus PG348 Monitors replacing 3 old 24" LG Screens.

just got one myself. it's going to be a replacement candidate for my current 34" 4K. as I mainly play first-person oriented games, I think it's better to have a monitor that lends itself well to such things. gonna check it out over the weekend. expect delivery tomorrow.

TdC

yeah it's pretty expensive. I looked it over in a shop yesterday and there's a real good chance it's the one for me though. since I spend a lot of time at the PC then it could be worth it, no?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Interesting looking monitor, I need something that gets me as close to 100% Adobe RGB coverage as poss (current monitor is 97%) but also does awesome gaming.

Edit: measures at only 78% of aRGB gamut :(, not for me.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
yeah it's pretty expensive. I looked it over in a shop yesterday and there's a real good chance it's the one for me though. since I spend a lot of time at the PC then it could be worth it, no?

I have to say it is very tempting!

TdC

fucking courier has kept the overnight delivery and delayed it until tomorrow. prolly playing games on MY monitor :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom