Nerdy Awesome shit you bought!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
It won't make you any better at CoD ?

I'm only ever really good at CoD when a sugar-fueled 12 year old is screaming at me that my mom's chin smells of his cheesey balls. After I pwned him. For the 47th time.

Because your speakers are shit?

I'm actually trying to find a way to hook up my headphones and speakers to a HD USB source at the same time, but that I can pick and choose between them.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Friday evening in the pub and the OH asked what we ahould do this weekend, I jokingly suggested we should buy a new massive TV.

So the 65 inch version of the below is getting delivered on Thursday.

Sony KD-55XD9305 review

:)

After much dicking about from the electronics store that sounds like they should be selling Indian food, and their issues putting it on a van and delivering it 15 miles down the road, I finally have the TV - and good lord it's awesome. It does take up most of the wall, and was an absolute bastard to get up the stairs, out of the box and on to the stand, but now it's there we're over the moon. Colours and detail are excellent on HD content (even some of Sky's more compressed channels), but put some 4K HDR source material on it is jawdropping - I watched the opening episode of the Grand Tour again, and was completely blown away, especially with the difference in colours between a rainy grey London and California.

We did look at OLED's but couldn't justify the £3k for a 65" model (missus has bad eyesight so we need a 65" TV, for medicinal reasons you understand), but now I've got the LCD home I don't feel like I'm missing out - might not be able to cover the extremes of OLED, but covers the bits in between much better imo.

Thank you HMRC for the lovely refund which made this possible.

Also, to make up for the delivery clusterfuck, we got a Bluetooth Speaker half price. Now I say a Bluetooth speaker, it's more of a mini-PA System.

Sony High Power Home Audio System with Bluetooth®

Turn the annoying lights off the front and it's ace, the amount of bass it will kick out is bordering on hilarious. It sits nicely in our "Garden Room" downstiars, and mean I can move the Hi-Fi that was down there into my office.

They also threw in a free Chromecast Audio as well, so a fairly successful trip to Currys all told.

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
Just bought a Spyder5 colourimeter to try and make my supposedly identical Dell ultrasharp monitors look the same. Waste of money / time. I can sum up the calibration process thus:

Set brightness to 20.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Just turn them off, they'll look identical then!

:)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Just bought a Spyder5 colourimeter to try and make my supposedly identical Dell ultrasharp monitors look the same. Waste of money / time. I can sum up the calibration process thus:

Set brightness to 20.

Dell factory calibrate their decent monitors. You shouldn't need to do much.

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
That's what I thought, but there was a decent interval (about a year) between the monitor purchases (U2412M's), I guess the lcd ages, or changes over time. I was hoping to calibrate them to a similar colour appearance, but the Spyder really only does greyscale calibration, all the colour related stuff is automatic and based on maximising the colour gamut.

I've resorted to eyeballing it with some solid colour slides across both monitors. Not as easy as you'd think (well, not as easy I thought, anyway!).

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
And do they look the same now?

No, they look very different when displaying solid colours. I'm trying to get them closer with the built-in hardware controls on one, leaving the other calibrated. I won't be making a living at this!

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I am now returning my second pair... Whilst the noise cancellation is superb.. What is the point if the on button breaks every few months (known issue with the QC 35's) so today I brought Sennheiser Momentum Wireless M2 AEBT. Whilst the noise cancellation is not quite as good the sound quality is very much better imo. I'll use these in Sweden and the Bose when they return when I fly.... I am supremely pissed off with Bose :/

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Contract was up on my iPhone 6 plus, picked up a 7 plus. Loving it, the dual cameras are super for photography.

IMG_0149.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just bought some components to turn one of my spare PIs into a NTP stratum 1 server. Hopefully turn up tomorrow and will build it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just bought some components to turn one of my spare PIs into a NTP stratum 1 server. Hopefully turn up tomorrow and will build it.
lol! How come you're putting together a Stratum 1 box? :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I got a rasp pi 3 for my kodi box. Works well streaming from my nas.

You use it to internet stream ? What addons to kodi do you use?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not got it yet. Just going to have it set up for recipes and whatnot. I have a PC under the TV so don't need Kodi etc.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
"Just because" is, in this case, a perfectly valid reason. It is both nerdy and awesome :)
Indeed. The receiver is now installed and working fine, it even supports the concurrent reception of 3 GNSS from GPS, Galileo, GLONASS or BeiDou.

Here is an output from cgps -s

upload_2017-3-1_13-5-52.png

Just having to compile NTP on Raspberry PI to support PPS.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Am I missing something...is it to figure out if someone moves your house in the night?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Hopefully @Deebs isn't a layabout fatty who has "problems with his knees and muscles" like Sally (who I'd wager has those problems because of being massively overweight and inactive for most of her life) and just wants to install his NTP time server in his cool Star Trek lift :)

Yes. I'm being judgy. But she doesn't read FH so nyah :p

Edit: Fucking "lifestyle" lift! Fucking eat-too-much-and-never-move lifestyle lift :eek:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Hopefully @Deebs isn't a layabout fatty who has "problems with his knees and muscles" like Sally (who I'd wager has those problems because of being massively overweight and inactive for most of her life) and just wants to install his NTP time server in his cool Star Trek lift :)

Yes. I'm being judgy. But she doesn't read FH so nyah :p

Edit: Fucking "lifestyle" lift! Fucking eat-too-much-and-never-move lifestyle lift :eek:
Compared to the massively obese people in the usa and the uk she is no where near being massively overweight.

Overweight yes. And i dont want to judge why. Cause idont know her medical needs and what she was like before.

You are obviously the one wihout sin who can cast the first stone.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Have you been hanging out at the student union lately?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom