Nerdy Awesome shit you bought!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Right, two of the PIs are now running Pi-Hole (have 2 VMs currently doing that but I want physical for my DNS due to me fucking stuff up whilst ill).

Currently blocking:

1699191078138.png

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Will admit I'm more interested in the Pixel Watch 2 - currently got a Fitbit Sense which - apart from the odd software glitch - has been a fantastic bit of kit. Loads of health info, all the notifications etc I need and the battery lasted about 6 days when it was new. However now it's getting on a bit that's down to 4 days and the charger is being a PITA.

Is the Pixel Watch any good?

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Got most of my crap running on a low power unRaid server, Pi-hole and PI-Alert running plus a whole host of prowlerrr, radarr type stuff running. Have a low power HP thin client running my firewall as I cant bring myself to stick that in a virtual environment.

Just getting into the PI's myself and have a EmonTX3+EmonCMS with multiple CT's monitoring my imported power (And soon to be exported power) cuz British Gas suck donkey balls and could fall into a bag of tits and come out sucking their thumbs.

Love my PI-Hole although had to drop the filtering a bit myself, some of the stock lists are very agressive.

Screenshot 2023-11-12 at 16.45.19.png

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Got most of my crap running on a low power unRaid server, Pi-hole and PI-Alert running plus a whole host of prowlerrr, radarr type stuff running. Have a low power HP thin client running my firewall as I cant bring myself to stick that in a virtual environment.

Just getting into the PI's myself and have a EmonTX3+EmonCMS with multiple CT's monitoring my imported power (And soon to be exported power) cuz British Gas suck donkey balls and could fall into a bag of tits and come out sucking their thumbs.

Love my PI-Hole although had to drop the filtering a bit myself, some of the stock lists are very agressive.

View attachment 48346
Same, my firewall is physical but I have a VM of it for testing upgrades being a professional an all :p

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Next you'll be saying you do backups and everything ^^

Embattle

FH is my second home
Will admit I'm more interested in the Pixel Watch 2 - currently got a Fitbit Sense which - apart from the odd software glitch - has been a fantastic bit of kit. Loads of health info, all the notifications etc I need and the battery lasted about 6 days when it was new. However now it's getting on a bit that's down to 4 days and the charger is being a PITA.

Is the Pixel Watch any good?

I think the Pixel 2 is good, certainly works for me.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Got a new headset coming:

I'm replacing a Corsair Void RGB headset due to the fact the cable seems to of degraded, that issue along with the fact the Corsair mechanical keyboard I purchased a few years ago took less than 6 months for WASD and the shift key to wear off means I'm avoiding any Corsair stuff now.

Bodhi

Anyone else buy power tools then figure out what to do with them afterwards?

Yeah just done that.

Already planning to use it to sand some walls and cut up old furniture so I can take it to the tip - if anyone knows of an attachment that can be used to strip wallpaper I'm all ears.

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone else buy power tools then figure out what to do with them afterwards?

Yeah just done that.

Already planning to use it to sand some walls and cut up old furniture so I can take it to the tip - if anyone knows of an attachment that can be used to strip wallpaper I'm all ears.
They do a wallpaper attachment, but its just a curved smooth blade. I found it just dug into the plaster. I've had a corded one for about 10 years. Its ok. doesn't get used very often. Good for sanding into corners. :)

Bodhi

They do a wallpaper attachment, but its just a curved smooth blade. I found it just dug into the plaster. I've had a corded one for about 10 years. Its ok. doesn't get used very often. Good for sanding into corners. :)

I did wonder if it would dig into the plaster/smoothing paste/all the other stuff we're finding under the wallpaper.

Managed to get it all off now using an old fashioned wallpaper scraper and some elbow grease, now for sanding where my new toy comes in :)

Have had a quick go to try and get rid of some old paint - gets more off than our proper sander and is so much easier to use - seems to produce less dust as well, so far anyway.

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
I did wonder if it would dig into the plaster/smoothing paste/all the other stuff we're finding under the wallpaper.

Managed to get it all off now using an old fashioned wallpaper scraper and some elbow grease, now for sanding where my new toy comes in :)

Have had a quick go to try and get rid of some old paint - gets more off than our proper sander and is so much easier to use - seems to produce less dust as well, so far anyway.
Do you have a vacuum attachment - well worth exploring as it really saves on cleaning up.

I have a Mirka Deros - it doesn't really make any dust. It was pricey but it is my favourite bit of kit. (y)

dust-extractor-1125-l-2200x1237.jpg

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Do you have a vacuum attachment - well worth exploring as it really saves on cleaning up.

I have a Mirka Deros - it doesn't really make any dust. It was pricey but it is my favourite bit of kit. (y)

Sorry but are my reading glasses playing up?

Did you say that a hoover is your favourite bit of kit? Not a 10,000 watt drill, chainsaw, kango, massive 2 handed axe, angle grinder that can cut anything known to man?

Ah I get it, you must be like me when I used to have an office in a loft with a resident bee's nest, spent most of the day chasing the fuckers around with my dyson on full power laughing when I caught the buggers and then watching them spin at the speed of sound in the dust bowl. They must have been dizzy as fuck :p

Tell me it is so and that you do not let the missus use that to clean the house?

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
Sorry but are my reading glasses playing up?

Did you say that a hoover is your favourite bit of kit? Not a 10,000 watt drill, chainsaw, kango, massive 2 handed axe, angle grinder that can cut anything known to man?

Ah I get it, you must be like me when I used to have an office in a loft with a resident bee's nest, spent most of the day chasing the fuckers around with my dyson on full power laughing when I caught the buggers and then watching them spin at the speed of sound in the dust bowl. They must have been dizzy as fuck :p

Tell me it is so and that you do not let the missus use that to clean the house?
Yes, I do use it as a hoover from time to time :) its bloody powerful. It will also suck up water if I take the dust bag out.

Mostly though I use it to sand things. The sander attachment power cable plugs into the hoover so that the hoover only powers on when the sander button is pressed. It also has an app. It is both cool and nerdy (y)

I have all those other tools but this is the best one. Not sure what a Kango is.

The wife never does the hoovering :eek:.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Kango is the tool workmen use to smash concrete/roads etc. A women's fantasy being able to sit on one of them whilst they jackhammer away for hours.

I probably should get one of those robot hoovers but the fuckers are lazy and won't do stairs.

We should start a team, The Dyson Wasps.

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
I probably should get one of those robot hoovers but the fuckers are lazy and won't do stairs.
Nice birthday present for the wife. Last birthday I bought her a meater bluetooth food thermometer for doing barbecue cooks :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Nice birthday present for the wife. Last birthday I bought her a meater bluetooth food thermometer for doing barbecue cooks :)
Are they actually any good now and not a fad when they first came out? ie has their suction power improved so that they actually pick dust particles up?

Embattle

FH is my second home
Ours is always full of hair, etc. and I run it mid week of full vacuum and at the weekend of vacuum and mop but our Dyson stick can still out power it if a more series clean is needed.

Bodhi

Apologies chap missed this - but yes we have the vacuum attachment for our mutil sander and it's great when doing woodwork - but more challenging to use when sanding walls for painting.

We've got the Bosch equivalent to that vacuum (Bosch are my Sony for cosplay tradesman activities in case you hasn't guessed) and it's a stonking bit of kit. Does wet and dry and if you're not careful it will pull the carpet up.

Had loads of use out of the multi tool already - loads of sanding and it made short work of a Billy bookcase that needed to go to the tip.

Most useful bit of kit we've bought though has been one of these:

Having high ceilings means a lot of height work, and I hate stepladders - this has changed the game completely.

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
Most useful bit of kit we've bought though has been one of these:

Having high ceilings means a lot of height work, and I hate stepladders - this has changed the game completely.
Those little work platforms are great - cheaper at argos (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom