[INFO] Need guidance please!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Howdy,

I dinged 40 on my Witch Hunter today woo! I have ok armour but im sure I could get stuff which is much better.

So far these are the places i've looked;

• Main Square in Altdorf, however these require RR46+ and im RR31 :(
  • Renown Merchant - My stuff is better than what they have
  • Auction House - Meh :(

I heard something about raiding keeps and I'd assume winning a loot bag. Also pve things such as dungeons, however I'm going to have to wait a few weeks for the guild to catch up before we can do those things.

The reason I ask is because other than farming renown from the bG's, im not sure what I can do to help my char.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Check any Ch22 influence rewards and grind them if any ug's, aside from that/RR farm there's not much you can do without a group for the PvE dungeons, though you can also do keep raids (easily doable in pug's) for a few decent items.

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Well it depends :p
Wich spec are u and wich stats u aiming for? the set u get from keeps for WH givfs u +stre and + ballistic + some more stuff i dont rememb, i dont plan to use much Ballistic skill on mine so mayb i can get a better one, but, its an easy set to get, just join some keep raids and with some luck and time u'll get it, u can get "decent" jewelry from Bastion Stair ( Bloorlord "XX" its the name for Bastion items ), then i guess u'll need to form a grp to do higher instances for better stuff i guess or get renown, i hope they fix itemization soon cause there's a fuckloads of items that totally suck for all careers if im not wrong.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Cheers guys. iirc i am 2/3 of the way through chapter 22 in the Dwarf area. Has a gun slightly better than mine.

@ Dre@d - I'm confession spec and my ballistic is higher than strength at the moment. Would like to do some level 40 keep raids anyway so hopefully i'll get a lucky roll!

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Done the "Epic" Quests like "Battle for Rememberance" already? Nice weapons.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Is that the one from the kings room?

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
No, they're in Black Crag, Chaos Wastes and Caledor iirc. Those weapons got procs on them, like 300dmg, 80str (de)buff, 800 AF reduction etc.

Quite lengthy, but until they fix those procs, there's not much that beats them (if anything).

Bahumat

FH is my second home
ooh i'll have to try them :) thanks for the help :)

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Yep, i forgotted it :p get the weaps cylian says, and btw, if you're confession, i suggest u to forget about ballistic skill, im absolution spam spec, and i dont even aim for high ballistic skill due to disminishing returns from it, so i suggest u to focus on strengh, with the proper tactic choosing, u can beat we pretty easy and mayb marauders( parry morale+repel blasphemy+riposte is sweet against dw'ers, but then forget to kill anything else ( u can kill casters but not very quick^^), im judgement spec and im enjoying it, i kill squishies pretty fast ( not as fast as a we spamming anytime :D) and i know that any we that jumps me will pwn my ass ^^

Goku

One of Freddy's beloved
The procs on the weapons has already been fixed, only proc about 5% now.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Yep, i forgotted it :p get the weaps cylian says, and btw, if you're confession, i suggest u to forget about ballistic skill, im absolution spam spec, and i dont even aim for high ballistic skill due to disminishing returns from it, so i suggest u to focus on strengh, with the proper tactic choosing, u can beat we pretty easy and mayb marauders( parry morale+repel blasphemy+riposte is sweet against dw'ers, but then forget to kill anything else ( u can kill casters but not very quick^^), im judgement spec and im enjoying it, i kill squishies pretty fast ( not as fast as a we spamming anytime :D) and i know that any we that jumps me will pwn my ass ^^

Could you elaborate on the bolded part please?

With this spec a good 'burst' portion of my damage comes from Dragon Gun. Also with it being aoe it works very well with Sanctified Bullets as it's 50% of the damage returned as heals which is very nice for when you are in the thick of it!

At what point does Ballistic offer diminishing returns? It seems this spec needs ballistic skill, however if there's a 'soft cap' then it'd be nice to know the figures.

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe "forget" was a bit over the top :) , for a WH i consider main stats: stre, wou, tou, bs, ini, ( wont say WS cause i tried to fit some on my equip and didnt notice any diference, could be wrong tho ), with the combat log on ( it shows average, max, min, hits with every ability u use), using more BS than stre, and then using high stre and low or none BS, i didnt notice much increase in the executions dmg but yes in the torment ( razor strike in your case ) due to strengh, so i dunno if its bugged ( the benefit of Ballistic skill ) or its working as intended :>

So im just focusing on stre, low BS, and wou and tou as much as i can, its working quite good for me, only class i cant kill quick are tanks or we ( cause they pwn me just spammin his anytime :D ), but the rest, including marauders ( if i get the opener ) drop pretty fast.

U can do the test by yourself by getting the combat log addon from curse and try it with different stats :)

I must admin i dont tested it heavily, just some runs in scenarios and pve, so cant say its 100% like i said, would be much easier if they change all our dmg to stre like the we's do :D

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Bahu,

since I hit level 39 my nights have been spent in Orvr I have since dinged 40 and picked up some 2 gold bags from keep takes by joining with regular players.

I reckon you can pick up a few bits and pieces with relative ease, once you get a few Anni bits you can start searching for groups in the city dungeons which = more armour, better armour and get you kitted out for the next dungeons :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Is this the weapon from Battle for Remembrance?
Wyvern's Claw
Either Hand
Sword
47.4 Dps
2.8 Speed
Bind on pickup
+ 25 Strength
+ 19 Toughness
+ 19 Initiative
Empty Talisman Slot
Minimum Rank: 36
Skill: Sword
Race: Empire

Only I have this and it seems better....

Vanguard Rapier
Right Hand
Sword
47.0 Dps
2.0 Speed
+ 35 Strength
+ 26 Wounds

Minimum Rank: 39
Career: Witch Hunter
Skill: Sword

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
The first weapon looks like the quest weapon judging from its stats and talisman slot yes. It also has a proc which isn't listed for now. Your current weapon prolly doesn't have a proc on it.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
at 40 the options for gear
- grinding outdoor for blue's and purps
- rvr kills can turn up some blue's and purps but thats rare
- chapter 22 pQ's rewards and inf rewards
-epics for weapons
-items sets of pve dungeon bosses (bastions stairs --> warpblade/crypts --> lost vale)
- weapons and jewelry from lesser bosses in pve dungeons
-RVR gear/sets
1) buy parts off the merchant
2) blue/yellow/purp lootbags at keeps (purp for set pieces)
3) from player's corpses
- tome jewelry sets unlocked by bestiary unlocks

U want the sets, lovely to complete em as they help u climb up the ladder of the PVE dungs (ward-system)
maybe with some jewelry sets :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom