Necro's stop being selfish!

P

Pocyourhontas

Dont kiss and make up.

Arrange a meet in RL and kill each other, then we dont have to listen to your "he stole my XP" bleating and whining on the forum.

B

bracken_woodman

Re: Re: Re: Necro's stop being selfish!

Originally posted by acei

3. Erm, your meant to ask before you hunt in a spot that spawns so fast?

Well that seems to be the nub of it. Its actually polite to ask if you turn up at a spot where someone else is pulling from - regardless of how fast the mobs are popping. Its when you don't show some common courtesy (like asking first) that situations like this happen. Learn the lesson and move on :)

S

sars

Pull from where ever you want.... if ppl steal the mob you are hitting take screenie and report to Rightnow... its that simple. just make sure your own ass is clear.

Q

quinthar

Re: Re: Re: Necro's stop being selfish!

1. And?

2. The spot was spawning everytime everything was killed, we were taking about 5mobs per spawn, about 10mobs spawned each time, so shared between 8 people there was 5mobs, you have 5mobs to share between your two people.

3. Erm, your meant to ask before you hunt in a spot that spawns so fast?

Actually the same has happened to me in Barrows many times, whilst helping people to level, people see me taking the phantoms and stick wielding types and dont think I can clear the room, however I can, therefore it is nice and polite to ask before you pull from anywhere near where somebody is already camping, I used to end up sitting for 5 mins for the next spawn.

Necros can easily clear a large group of mobs with no downtime, you should have asked if it was ok.

Your in the wrong as far a I am concerned.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Let make this clear.
2 people clearing a spot, and some lameass fucks show up, start pulling, and get upset cause somebody complains?
Get lost, complete and utter moron.
A spot that is being kept clean by someone, should be respected and left alone. Just cause you fecks are too lazy to move to another spot.
I hate it when people decide that I can lose some xp just so they can get some.... I play this game for my own pleasure, not yours.
So if I feel I can keep a spot clean, then sod off please...
Acei, fecking twat...
Regards, Glottis

L

lissandra

Only morons cant share a spot and to morons i dont show respect.

K

kirennia

kinda agree with his underlying point but agree with bracken more in politeness of putting it :D So yeah, read his post and learn how to not make this situation arise in the future

T

Trinilim

ofc you're supposed to ask.

If someone is camping a spot, no matter how fast it spawns, you ask before pulling.

If someone's camping the aquaduct in lyon, you ask to pull from it, you don't just waltz in and start pulling because there's a fast spawn.

Group that barged in and stole the camp are at fault :eek:

P

Puppetmistress

You're all wrong. If you take the CoC in hand it clearly states that a mob is a valid target at all times UNLESS it is engaged in combat by another party/character. Combat meaning melee, casts or CC/debuffs.

Basically: It is your mob when you pull it. Not sooner, not later.

So if a theurgist is camping advisors and I come marshing in and start pulling I am not wrong according the CoC.

Ofcourse it has to do with some common sense and respect to the other party. So most peeps THINK the right thing to do is ask for the spawn-spot and if it's ok to pull.

However, the CoC is quite clear on it and you don't have to do it.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Trinilim
ofc you're supposed to ask.

If someone is camping a spot, no matter how fast it spawns, you ask before pulling.

If someone's camping the aquaduct in lyon, you ask to pull from it, you don't just waltz in and start pulling because there's a fast spawn.

Group that barged in and stole the camp are at fault :eek:

Not really. You CANNOT OWN A CAMP-SPOT.

Big misconception in the mind of a lot of players which leads to a lot of fights. It has to do with the respect you pay to players camping a spot, but nothing says you can't come in and start pulling.

S

Skaven

Btw, you can actually stop ur necro pet casting if your quick enough - put it on passive.

J

jox

Must say; think they are a bit rude.

A necro urinated on me last nite.

A

acei

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Not really. You CANNOT OWN A CAMP-SPOT.

Big misconception in the mind of a lot of players which leads to a lot of fights. It has to do with the respect you pay to players camping a spot, but nothing says you can't come in and start pulling.
I agree it is curtesey to ask, but it's also impractical on a server like Excalibur at peak time, what if you ask and they say no? We're supposed to go to another spot then get told no again? It's very impractical to have to ask to hunt especially when it's peak time.

S

skile

I levled my scout 47-50 at spiritual advisors. Lots of wizzys their powerlevling or something. But I don't think anyone owns a spot, esp when they are levling a buffbot or powerlevling. So I started pulling, not stealing. If they made hazzle I just did /ignore.

A tip for fellow scouts to lvl btw. Spiritual advisors is the best place, imo. For a solo scout. Gives 40-60 million a kill and they are quite easy to kill :). Ignore wizards if they complain.

All I'm saying is, INGORE people who claim it's their spot. Don't call em names, just /ingore. If they start pulling your mobs. Let them, they leave sooner or later :).

Only caster i met that went that lame was Magicom :). Rest have just complained, except wildfire (cheers).

I

Ironfoot

With all due repsect glottis you are a typical example of the selfish wanker types that play this game.

This is supposed to be a mmorpg i.e massive multiplayer game , i.e based on building a community, if you cant handle that maybe you should go fuck yourself and play Q3 again.

You show me where it says in the eula that you can claim a spot as yours and prevent others from pulling from it ? Guess what chump it doesn't.

W

wichtel

Originally posted by Skaven
Btw, you can actually stop ur necro pet casting if your quick enough - put it on passive.

Nope.
People often put their necro pets on passive while pulling to prevent the pet charging the mob due losing LOS, out or range or lag. Passive prevents melee, not casting.

W.

A

acei

Originally posted by wichtel
Nope.
People often put their necro pets on passive while pulling to prevent the pet charging the mob due losing LOS, out or range or lag. Passive prevents melee, not casting.

W.
Ahh well they were stealing via both casts and melee so they can't say it wasn't on purpose anymore, i haven't used pet casters much so i didn't know about this, thanks :)

S

Skaven

Originally posted by wichtel

Nope.

W.

My pet must be "special" then. He stops casting as soon as I hit passive.

A

acei

Originally posted by Skaven
My pet must be "special" then. He stops casting as soon as I hit passive.
He means if your pet is already on passive then you can't put him on passive to stop the spell because he's already on passive, although i suppose you could do it by pressing "defensive" then "passive" quickly :)

S

stinkie

Lo guys,

One of the necro's he's whinning(want some cheese with that?) about :D

First off, dont flame the guy whinning about me this is his 1st char a lvl 36ish cleric, guess hes only been playing a week or 2, so we cant blame him for not knowing much about the game. as for him flamming here, well guess he must figures hes suppose to add a random flame atleats once per week just to keep up with yog :p

Ahh well they were stealing via both casts and melee so they can't say it wasn't on purpose anymore, i haven't used pet casters much so i didn't know about this, thanks :)

Stealing Via casting:

As stated earlier if u set ur pet on casting it WILL cast u cant stop it its gonna happen. as you tanks where body pulling the whole spawn theres a good chance we where casting on one at the time.

Stealing Via Melle:

If a pet is on defensive and you pull a group of mobs ( they have group bonus attached ) and root the adds the pet WILL attack(melle) the adds after it kills the one you have commanded it to. it WILL NOT attack mezzed adds.

Hope you know a little more about the game now young one. maybe you should research different classes a bit more before starting flame threads on BW. it can get you a rather bad name you know.

kthxbyenow

MilkBarKid lvl 46 rr2 :p necro

p.s after my RvRing me me new necro can i suggest u DONT make one unless u want to suck big time at RvR. they may be PvE gods but damn hits bloody hard work trying to command ur pet in RvR. thank god people dont post about you leaching from the hib chanter spawn!!!!!

H

Herne

Campsites

One reason i left EQ was the whole "camp" thing and to be quite honest DAOC with SI is big enough for everyone.

I can easily chain yellow mobs with my necro and clear a campsite, so I understand where the arguement comes from, but I have always managed to share spawn sites with others or explore in SI to find the quiet less found ones.

When I was getting my merc to 50 we had the same problem with trees in lyonese and to be quite honest camp "claiming" is rubbish. Alot of the good xping zones have multiple pulling spot, for instance Tree spot 3 (if remember right the one over the water) and enough mobs to go round at a decent xping rate.

Nobody owns a spawn site, everyone pays their subs so has an equal right to them.....

Can't argue with some of Milky's points though, the pet cast delay is annoying and changing pet "Mode" can only disengage from the secondary spell/melee. Accidents happen and i'm sure most necros don't mean it...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Herne theHunter lvl 50 merc
Deathscythe lvl 22 necro
General of the Crack Suicide Squad
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A

acei

I can see it could have been accidental if it happened once, twice maybe, but it did happen alot more than that... also the "FO our hunting place" kind of erm shows that you are very ignorant to think you own the place and that you were attempting to get us to leave by greating removing exp. Our spawns were 5 at a time, at least 2-3 were mezzed each time out of the 2-3mezzed sometimes 1 or 2 would be casted on by you or your friend....

Also the fact i have had my char for 3 weeks does not make me any less aware of how online RPG's work as i have been playing online RPG's for 2 and a half years.

E

Eleasias

does this mean we can go camp the fins tree in CF and say you cant claim exp spots? :ROFLMAO:

G

granny

I play on Alb/Prydwen and I've seen the same thing repeatedly with Necromances over the last week or so. 3 times yesterday I was camping a good spawn spot and a Necromancer would walk right infront of me and proceed to chain-kill every single mob there, completely ignoring me.

It seems that many necros think they have a right to be rude, selfish and arrogant simply because their class can chain-kill yellows/oranges with almost 0 downtime and that therefore other players and classes are of no consequence to them.

The problem is of course that they're making themselves very unpopular in the process. I have the names of several necros on Prydwen now that I will not lift a finger to help in any way in the future. Need a rez in RvR? Tough mate, you should have been more considerate in PvE leveling. Being chased by a mob-too-many doing /y ? Oh dear, enjoy your sprint.

Now if a single one of the necros who've been doing this to me had come up and had the simple courtesy to say "hi there, mind if I share this spawn spot?" I wouldn't mind in the slightest, but none of them do... too busy killing everything they can as fast as they can so they can get to 50 with a /played of 4 days and be all l33t etc.

O

old.shotgunstow

Man, this annoys me. Someone has a lvl 50 necromancer and loads of people are going on about how good they are at exping solo and I haven't even got around to ordering SI yet. Oh dear. :)

A

acei

Originally posted by old.shotgunstow
Man, this annoys me. Someone has a lvl 50 necromancer and loads of people are going on about how good they are at exping solo and I haven't even got around to ordering SI yet. Oh dear. :)
Great at PvE, crap at RvR :) hehe every class has a disadvantage :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom