Necro Power

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Stop the whining for crying out loud.....this aint one of your whine spam along threads its a totaly diff thread...do u ppl whine on others when they ding a higher RR...ususaly not!! anyhow BIG Gratz Jaxx

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Brite said:
magic damage on a necro pet is severly below what you would nuke any other normal charecter for

lifetapped a necro for 130 before

normally 200ish on resists buffs, 300ish on normal resists, you do the math

Believe me, i've played a necro, i KNOW.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Kanim said:
what does that matter, you only ever seen him camping bridges with his zerg buddies :)

grats I guess

ever thought how the hell a necro is meant to travel to other realms solo without a bot stuck to him? remember boat drags pet away. hence why they mostly camp alb bridges, if they want to be buffed that is.

also grats jax, well deserved

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Gratz. And for the whiners ofc classes no one want to touch with a barge pole in grps end up camping bridges, leeching etc. Funneh watching him soloing - well away from bridge - a couple of high rr peeps the other day who should know better.

Kanim

Banned
Elitestoner said:
ever thought how the hell a necro is meant to travel to other realms solo without a bot stuck to him? remember boat drags pet away. hence why they mostly camp alb bridges, if they want to be buffed that is.

you don't *need* to have a bb, its a choice as is zerging/camping, its just my opinion that its a lame playstyle uc.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Kanim said:
you don't *need* to have a bb, its a choice as is zerging/camping, its just my opinion that its a lame playstyle uc.

You try running unbuffed as a nonstealther :)

Oh look here is a caster(usually Maeloch :twak: ) who casts like 3 times before you get a chance to stroke his e-peen :(

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Most annoying class in the game (from a mid perspective till you start screaming Warlocks!), every Necro you see in rvr just stands at the bridge and leeches as Mani said.

However credit due I guess, difficult class to rvr with due to boat restrictions and the fact that stealthers won't attack them so not much else for them to do aside leech on the odd fight.

Must be boring but obviously you think otherwise :) so grats for sticking with it.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Elitestoner said:

The 'bonus' you get as necro being buffed however is rather insane, melee-immunity. Half-decent necro (and Jaxxal is more; also RR6) can't die to a stealther and will have an easytime against 2 of em. 3 might become a challenge.

With that in mind I also think necro's are weak to magic, tho I hear Brite already say magic-damage on a necro is quite wank too, dunno how that comes tho.

Im guessing a necro dies as fast to a caster as I do too, so nice trade-off to get melee-immunity?

Anyhow grats to RR6 and sticking to the class :)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:
Im guessing a necro dies as fast to a caster as I do too, so nice trade-off to get melee-immunity?
I'll normally have to empty at least half a power bar to take him down, and mebbe burn moc if start getting interrupted after stun wears off. Nuking for normal damage iirc tho' I might be wrong, so he seems to have a silly amout of hps (DI still has unlimited range on necro pets?). If he's with others normally just mez him and worry about the peeps that don't take 40mins to take down.

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
Well since ppl seem a bit confused about the effects of buffs on pets in general i think i will try to explain how it always seemed to work for me.

First of all, (this likely doesnt apply to necro pets), a certain pet has a certain ammount of hp, buffs will not change this at all. For a pet i know that would be around 1800 for a emerald simcrulacrum, and 2170 for a amber sim.

None of the pets, seem to have any kind of resists.

All pets when unbuffed have their own ammount of melee and magic absorb, with magic absorb possibly being 0% for all pet.

A Emerald sim as an example has about:

40% melee absorb (highest among caba pets, therefore the Focus pull pet of choice)
0% magic absorb

When the pet get buffed, both values will increase by same amount, so for the buffed pet it would be around:

80-85% Melee absorb
40-45% Magic absorb

This means the magic damage will drop a good chunk on buffed pets, but due to ofc no resists etc, they will still be hit for a ok ammount.

The melee damage they suffer, will decrease alot though (as a direct percent value) IE melee damage drops to less then a third, while magic damage is still more than half the unbuffed numbers.

For classes with ML9 for their pets, the buffed pet seems to land on 95%+ melee absorb, which makes it worthless trying to meleeing it.

Necros seem to be able to get around 90% melee absorb or so in my expeirence.

so with 40% magic abosrb, attacking a necro pet, likely fells like attacking someone with around 30% resists, without having resist peirce. (accounting a bit for that necro pets are lvl 44, and therefore in unbuffed state will be hit very hard - likely cap damage).

Drusus

Fledgling Freddie
HI All,
Thx for Gratz, especially from Maeloch! Unexpected that one :worthy:

As to whines, you play a necro in RvR and see how hard it is, or according to Brite, how OP they are, strange that with how OP you think they are, i'm still the only 1 you see in RvR regularly nowadays. :twak:

Thx again all for Gratz,

to Hibs & Mids /Salute

to Albs /Cheer

See you all on the other side :clap:

Guinnessrules

Loyal Freddie
I hate Jax's pet, can't kill it with ranger, or doing some damage on it to talk about for that matter. :(
Grats anyway, fun to see some of u out in rvr again, haven't seen that many for a while. :)

Everz

FH is my second home
Well Deserved Gratz! :worthy:

Necros are tough to play.. i know when i used to play mine in rvr when it was unbuffed it was impossible to solo seeming that everyone would be buffed.. guessing thats why best to stick to camping bridge etc.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Maeloch said:
I'll normally have to empty at least half a power bar to take him down, and mebbe burn moc if start getting interrupted after stun wears off. Nuking for normal damage iirc tho' I might be wrong, so he seems to have a silly amout of hps (DI still has unlimited range on necro pets?). If he's with others normally just mez him and worry about the peeps that don't take 40mins to take down.

So he has melee-immunity and 'more then normal' magic-resists. This gets better and better :O

Ofcourse still on average double numbers on the crits; but still. Ofcourse there's some shitty things like pathing and such; but on the other hand you need to get killed twice (first pet; then the, very easy to kill dropped shade unless he's out of range).

Necro's can, AFAIK, quickcast (Faciliate Painworking) 3 spells easily, and have some sort of insta-lifetap too.

Seems most people are pushed away from the necro-class due to the issues the class has (pathing to name a big one; wasnt there something with item-/use and such too?) but it seems not like a bad class; especially not in small skirmishes.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
that insta lifetap isnt insta. its a 3 seconds spell you cast, and if
-youre near the pet
-the pet is near the target
-the pet isnt under cc
-the target doesnt resist

...than it lifedrains.

also the second life, so you have to be killed twice isnt a big deal because when you pop out of shade mode you get 1 hits.. even a blue con thane instakills you.. for this you pay the price of not being able to use most charges.

Drusus

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Necro's can, AFAIK, quickcast (Faciliate Painworking) 3 spells easily

Hmmm, to cast 3 spells in FP (6 secs) you need....
101 Dex (incl +26 Dex Cap)
50 Enhance, Spec & Base Dex Buff, and caster must have +26% Enhance bonus.
And even then its only 90% successful, so the word 'easily' is pretty redundant.
Also, Di only has the range of a heal spell, maybe less.

Melee-Immunity? No! Although i'll admit to being pretty resistant to archers :p

oh, and as to adding on the fights on the bridges, you'll find that most of them are my group, i'm not a fotm class so i dont get fotm groups, i group with a few friends, mainly Soulmark & Cadaec.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
grats dude, whenever i tried necro on camlann i got pissed so fast :S

lol@u brite though, gaydancer shouldnt post negative comments about other classes, expection are the warlocks of course :SD

Ging

Part of the furniture
Dorin said:
grats dude, whenever i tried necro on camlann i got pissed so fast :S

lol@u brite though, gaydancer shouldnt post negative comments about other classes, expection are the warlocks of course :SD

You spelt warCocks incorrectly there Dorin m8 :)

Also well known as

Gaylocks
Fucklocks
Cocklocks
Wanklocks
and my personal favorite:

/rel /reb

oh and gratz to the rr6 necro :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
grats, and EHEHE @ the puppet/brite "whine" (puppet didn't purely whine for once)... Necroes might seem OP coz of the absorb, but for one, on stealthers jump them because their absorb unless they know what to do (when i played one, stun immunity wasn't fixed, dunno if it is now, if not, they can be permastunned by diamondback when you evade their attack)... perma mez it, cast a spell... mez... cast a spell, mezz etc. and hard for them to go out of alb frontier coz of buffs (which you need to solo as necro, else you go down like a thai ladyboy) and alot of other stuff not taken into consideration.

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
fully bufft servant necro can take out the hardest tank thnx to the nasty dmg shield (if u remeber to keep it up)

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Illtar said:
Well since ppl seem a bit confused about the effects of buffs on pets in general i think i will try to explain how it always seemed to work for me.

First of all, (this likely doesnt apply to necro pets), a certain pet has a certain ammount of hp, buffs will not change this at all. For a pet i know that would be around 1800 for a emerald simcrulacrum, and 2170 for a amber sim.

None of the pets, seem to have any kind of resists.

All pets when unbuffed have their own ammount of melee and magic absorb, with magic absorb possibly being 0% for all pet.

A Emerald sim as an example has about:

40% melee absorb (highest among caba pets, therefore the Focus pull pet of choice)
0% magic absorb

When the pet get buffed, both values will increase by same amount, so for the buffed pet it would be around:

80-85% Melee absorb
40-45% Magic absorb

This means the magic damage will drop a good chunk on buffed pets, but due to ofc no resists etc, they will still be hit for a ok ammount.

The melee damage they suffer, will decrease alot though (as a direct percent value) IE melee damage drops to less then a third, while magic damage is still more than half the unbuffed numbers.

For classes with ML9 for their pets, the buffed pet seems to land on 95%+ melee absorb, which makes it worthless trying to meleeing it.

Necros seem to be able to get around 90% melee absorb or so in my expeirence.

so with 40% magic abosrb, attacking a necro pet, likely fells like attacking someone with around 30% resists, without having resist peirce. (accounting a bit for that necro pets are lvl 44, and therefore in unbuffed state will be hit very hard - likely cap damage).

Necropets inherit necro's resists and stats aswell now AFAIK. So add 101 con, 101 str, 101 qui, 400 hps and 26% in all resists. Along with 10 castspeed, piercing, loads of +power etc etc etc. Hardly that bad a class IMO, dunno why a meleegroup wouldn't run with one TBH.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Grats! :cool:

Puppet said:
Seems most people are pushed away from the necro-class due to the issues the class has (pathing to name a big one; wasnt there something with item-/use and such too?) but it seems not like a bad class; especially not in small skirmishes.
Necro pet is still chain CCable if I'm not mistaken which really sucks in RvR :p Tried melee debuff group pre-ToA, sucked :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom