Necro - Death Servant spec = gimp?

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
I guess 99% of necros (if not 100%) have at least 47 spec in Deathsight, for the last insta lifetap, Scream of the Dead. I don't have a lvl 50 necro, but I was playing around with the char builder this morning, and was wondering if anyone have actually tried speccing high in the Death Servant line?

Useful things in the Death Servant line:
- 117 delve short-range insta DD, seemingly with no re-cast timer (?)
- 21 dps pet damage shield, 30 sec duration
- 219 delve PBaE dd, 3.0 sec cast time

You can get this at 47 Death Servant Line, and still have the base Deathsight lifetap, and with all remaining points in Deathsight spec, you get the lvl 25 powerdrain, and the lvl 23 insta lifetap.

Have anyone tried such a spec? Will the lvl 23 and 25 Deathsight spells mentioned be resisted too much to be of any use? Is this _the_ most gimped necro spec ever? :) Give thoughts pls..

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
visit gobo house in Lyonesse and you can see some in action ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
great for pling

apparently useless in RvR (or at least not as "good" as the deathsight necros)

the insta DD is the same as the insta lifetap in deathsight but without the hp return

the main problem I found with deathservant was power consumption... no reliable powertap :( though it'd be ok at higher levels with a secondary spec in deathsight.

Oh and the damage shield doesn't work till 1.70 or 1.71 - caps out at the level 24 version.

Hendrich

Fledgling Freddie
Recently respecd from deathsight to 47 servant. Servant spec is the way to go if you have a BB with the highest lvl heal proc, and other buffs. If you dont have a BB, then no Servant line is not worth it since it will take to much dmg. As far as RvR, hmmm tough question here. Servant can easily kill a fg of hibs/mids if done right. As far as power tap goes, with NF comming you can live with about 30-36 with MoF and will be enough if you wanted to use the Deathsight line for rvr.

All in all, I love the servant line, esp with the mass pulls I have done. I dont think I regret respecing. Been in other grps also with a servant spec, ice wizzys, 3 Clerics and never seen such pulls. Think we was pulling 20+ purp/red con in AC.

Again if you dont have a BB, not worth respecing.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
You just need 3-4 DD´s to kill an entire gobo spawn and need to wait for repop anyways, so power isn´t a problem. If you´re running short of power, you can always duel the PL toon or the BB.

Zorewin

Fledgling Freddie
i love servant for PLing :p pull 30 + gob's at the same time and shoot em down in 3 hits priceless :p

Brite

Banned
i imagine the HoT and the dmg shield must be top for soloing high lvl mobs in toa and such

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok, thx for info, it was what I thought, basically, good for PL (much like mid's supp SM pl setup I guess) but more doubtful uses in RvR... Too bad the pet damage shield is bugged, I imagine it will rock vs high lvl mobs.

Totyn

One of Freddy's beloved
can you solo gobbocamp in lyonesse without a BB? Wont the pet die very fast?

*edit* And how is it done? send in the pet and then instant away?

fortunefish

Banned
necro = wizard (roughly)

ill explain

earth spec = painworking ( dots aoe roots etc etc)
Death Sight = fire (nuke spec)(insta lifetap power tap debuff etc etc)
DEATH SERVANT = Ice wizzy kinda spec with a DD Pbaoe and instead of debuff it has a dmg shield (nerfd)

now gobo camp is ok ... if u want some serious amasing pulling go to wights in the bottom of barrows i can pull up to 60 mobs with lvl 50 full buff cleric ( with death sight and with painworking aswell if your buffed)

so guys and girls if your gonna powerlevel for cash... pull 3-4 wights without buffbot to make som plat and sell the plat to fund a buffbot then u can do 20-40 in a matter of hours :pPP and the drops are pretty damn good aswell

i did 46-50 there some or it buffed and i did 49-50 in 2 hours

Totyn

One of Freddy's beloved
fortunefish said:
now gobo camp is ok ... if u want some serious amasing pulling go to wights in the bottom of barrows i can pull up to 60 mobs with lvl 50 full buff cleric ( with death sight and with painworking aswell if your buffed)

yeah but is it possible to solo gobbo without buffbot? :)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Been lvling a necro to farm money for my main charactor as the mana nuke spec, is servant better at solo farming better?

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
Been lvling a necro to farm money for my main charactor as the mana nuke spec, is servant better at solo farming better?

Servant relises a little on a BB for serious PLing, i've farmed gobos with my 48DS, 23 Pain, 9servant (gonna respec to 48DS rest servant) and a L40+ Buffbot (with cap enhancment bonues from TOA) and while is easy you will go from 100 to 70% con on all your stuff (except staff) in a few hours. I've seen 47servant specs PL people on witherwoods/worms with an Icewizard, BB and DS necro for power.

For farming money your best bet is farming for stuff you can trinket so DF sapp mobs (i've found you get too many resist on purple and its not worth trying to kill a non undead purple). White lights drops are worth 20gold per stack, and if you have high cloth and woodworking skill you can salvage the staffs and cloth armour into puppets (but you will need to buy the thread extra).

fortunefish

Banned
no look here boys and girls

<taps black board>

1. buffbot = death servant
2. no buffbot = no death servant

if you picked 1 your richer than me
if you picked 2 your doing what my level 50 necro is and imho go deathsight this is because if u go painworking its harder :p and 2nd u can chain yellows with powertap :) which is alot safer and more powerfriendly and the gobo camp thingy is for the uber pwerlevel dudes on excal

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
There is another spec, which is the best one, imho.

You see, doing large tangler pulls (I can pull the complete forest without any backup except for my BB's Buffs/Healproc) is all about what ABS you have, basically a DSight necro could pull way more effeciently thanks to the last ABS buff. That being said, capping Con and Thrust Resist is a total must if you even try for Pygmys ofcourse. They can't efficiently kill the mob of Pygmys, even though a damage shield would probably pop them down but it would take too long.

The best spec for doing stuff like that with a Necro is 39 Sight and 37 Servant.
Damage wise there is a little difference to the 37>47 PBAOE (My 37 PBAOE gets resisted on 1 Pygmy maybe once in 10 pulls on a single mob) apart from that it does a little bit more damage.

With 39 Sight you have 6% ABS (which is very important for large pulls), a reliable powertap (level 34, FP it on the Tangler), and a good instalifetap to finish things off, such as an annoying tangler. The instant DD in the servant line is utter crap. Does less damage, doesn't steal HP and costs 25%, if not more, more power than the Sight Insta LT's.

But in the end it all comes down to with what you use your necro for, although I haven't found a single occasion where 47 Servant would > 37 Servant 39 Sight.

Servant line is getting it's Damage shield upgraded I think next patch.. not sure on that could've been this patch not been paying attention.

All I know is that the pre-level 20 Servant spec damage shield was/is the best DPS you could get, i.e: later levels of it wouldn't do more damage, but they would take more power.

Few downsides of Servant (farming):

All your armor/jewelry will degrade to 70% con (I set a record here I think :p) in 40 minutes, so use ROGS to cap those resists, and remember you don't have to repair, everything works @ 70% con except for +skills and Focus bonusses (which are on your staff, and a Servant necro will never degrade his staff as fast as a Deathsight necro would, so you could use Traldor's Oracle here if you wish :p)

PBAOE delve is too low to be usefull in RvR, even the level 47 one, if you solo in RvR, go Deathsight :/

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Not just gobbos and stuff, but I think this may have been cheating (slightly).

Group setup was;

Me (47 Serv with rest in Sight)
My 50 ML10 Rej Cleric
My mate (47 Serv with rest in Sight i think)
HIS 50 ML10 Rej Cleric
My GFs mincer PL
My GFs 50 Enhance cleric

Now, we were pulling from the Pygmy Gobbo house (maybe 20 mobs) and the pikeman house (8-10 mobs) and killing with the first round of FP PBAOE. Pretty good XP.

Moved to Witherwoodes...pulling 8-10 orange/red/purp to 50 trees/worms and killing in a few casts (using FoP and FoH natch :p). Red Heal Proc buff from BB a MUST for this (since the puller loses between 40% and 70% health on abom before getting back to base-camp!)

Headed to the Arms 50 epic (Cailleagh Urhaigh or however you spell it) and tried to do it by the simple plan of pulling the boss (and therefore about 20-30 red/purp hard-hitting mobs). Managed to beat down all the guards, but then got wiped by nuking boss and that Mithra's Torch thing.

Pretty sure we could take plenty of fun stuff with this group. Would like to see if we can take down ML1.1 faster than a Mincer+Sally. Also thinking about trying some other fun stuff (Krondon/DF bosses maybe).

To sum up, Servant Spec = NOT gimped :clap:

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
Actually Servant spec is far from gimped. In NF Servant necro >>> all other alb classes in toa :) in NF the damage shield is fixed... so atm it actually doesnt give 27dps damage shield. but in NF it will work. so u can pretty much solo alot of high lvl mobs... Heard that someone solo'ed lots of artifact's with servant necro in NF that need 5 ish people. Actually saw few people they have solo'ed Cetus with a servant necro on VN. dont know about all the necro's but im going to respec servant for sure having a buffbot :)

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Tartaros can be done now easily with Necro and FoP Bot :)

And don't forget most important thing with necros: pets don't have caps at buffs!! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom