Mythics new way to make up for imbalances?

A

Amadon

Originally posted by old.Sko
point was - toa introduces a lot of gtaoe/pbaoe stuff (including insta-cast), which will cause box to scatter. yes, pbaoe would've done more damage if someone allowed it to be cast.

Example:
Zone of unmana
point blank area effect shout that penalizes the casting time of enemy casters
set on a 5 minute timer
the casters right hand glows blue when hit by it.
20 second duration
700 radius
when cast it interrupts the caster
seems to be somewhere between a 20% and 40% debuff on enemy casters speed
does not break mez/root
icon does NOT grey out, so you really dont know if its readily available
- Xetal
level 1 banelord ml ability,
yes that's great, with +castspeed capped, it will end up fairly similar to what we have already, the issue mythic is obviously trying to fix with that ML ability is the power of pbaoe groups

level 8 sojouner ability Forceful Zephyr - summons pet that drags enemy to GT
so you could drag the enemy healers into pbaoe..., or alternatively the enemy drags your pbaoe casters.. where? as melee groups I can't see it being much use for them

level 5 stormlord - Mental Siphon - power draining storm
dazzling aray doesnt stack, but stacking end draining/power draining clouds = teh win Nov 23
- Columbos
the drain of that apparently matches the bonus you get from the power field

Do i have to continue or you see now that anything not scattered will get all kinds of interrupting, powerdraining etc stuff ?
play a pbaoe caster in RvR at the moment and you'll see that anything not scattered is faced with a myriad of ae interrupts/lull already, however it's still the only feasible option since you CANT get or maintain range without sacrificing half your group, and even then it's momentary. Alot of the ML abilities have long cast times, which pretty much renders them useless in open field RvR.
I understand that new concepts are hard to grasp for you, but please do try.
teh irony
hooray, when i started reading this part i thought that you finally talking something sensible. But alas. Lack of information on the subject played a bad joke with you.
like your illiteracy plays a continual joke on you?
You'll very pleasantly surprised - how much caster dps was increased
not really, since I expect the increase in dps it won't be a surprise
also, since you seem incapable of performing the most basic feats of logic, one of the issues with casters is the relative low dps compared to survivability, TOA provides ways of increasing caster dps without hampering survivability further, thus TOA is addressing the issue of caster dps vs survivability. Do you get it? Or is that too hard for you to understand?
- think mythic dont know about half measures =D
you finally say something that makes sense, congratulations

Cc reduction - perfecter ability gives 7% bonus (basically they gave sorc buff to every realm) dont know if it stacks with sorc buff.
there's also a bracer which gives a buff which negates a CC spell.
it's dealing with another issue - that some classes are more susceptible to CC than others and thus are finding themselves unwanted in RvR.

insane rate of mana consumption is mitigated yes by power fields and +mana pool% items.
so you agree that Mythic is addressing the issue of power consumption with TOA?

Grapple is ... what a surprise available on pure tanks too. What helps hybrids here - grappled character is still able to cast spells.
so you agree that Mythic is addressing the issue of hybrids being undesireable in RvR groups by giving them what could be a very useful and desireable ability?
spoken by a true chanter =D
weren't you the one posting about how I shouldn't take a game too seriously?
btw.. eldritch is my main char ;) and I don't really identify with my in game characters as much as you seem to
let your mind rest in piece my friend =D
et tu

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by Amadon
yes that's great, with +castspeed capped, it will end up fairly similar to what we have already, the issue mythic is obviously trying to fix with that ML ability is the power of pbaoe groups

"I've been hit by it on my ment, 322dex + MoArt2+ 5% casting speed is around 1.4 on my nuke, my nuke is a 2.8 spell.
After I got hit by zone of unmana I was casting at around ~3.5 seconds."
Questions, comments ?

so you could drag the enemy healers into pbaoe..., or alternatively the enemy drags your pbaoe casters.. where? as melee groups I can't see it being much use for them
right into assist train. no guarder near - caster dies very fast.

the drain of that apparently matches the bonus you get from the power field
The difference is in cast times =D

play a pbaoe caster in RvR at the moment and you'll see that anything not scattered is faced with a myriad of ae interrupts/lull already, however it's still the only feasible option since you CANT get or maintain range without sacrificing half your group, and even then it's momentary. Alot of the ML abilities have long cast times, which pretty much renders them useless in open field RvR.
The difference is - you dont have to cast over and over to interrupt. AE asd from healer which interrupts for 20-30 seconds literally. Currently you can suppress interrupter, after toa it will be more difficult.

not really, since I expect the increase in dps it won't be a surprise
also, since you seem incapable of performing the most basic feats of logic, one of the issues with casters is the relative low dps compared to survivability, TOA provides ways of increasing caster dps without hampering survivability further, thus TOA is addressing the issue of caster dps vs survivability. Do you get it? Or is that too hard for you to understand?
I really doubt that 600 damage/nuke at 1.4 cast speed against 42% resist was mythics intent. but we will see.

there's also a bracer which gives a buff which negates a CC spell.
one spell in 10 minutes. we discussed getting and leveling it, but decided its not worth it for mez protection, as typically mez is cast over several times, thus rendering this ability useless if cc duel lost. Also it gives "spell resisted" graphics, which will cause opponent to recast mez on you. And yes, this failed mez still interrupts. What good about this bracer it allows you to "resist" slam.

it's dealing with another issue - that some classes are more susceptible to CC than others and thus are finding themselves unwanted in RvR.
reavers,friars *cough* *cough* albs already have this ability, but we see mostly mercs/armsman.

so you agree that Mythic is addressing the issue of power consumption with TOA?
Mythic is offering you trade off, its not solution as you think. capping +power pool will leave holes in other parts of your sc.
Solution would be decrease in spell cost across the board etc. From capped +power pool i`m able to get 2 more spread heals and that's about it.

so you agree that Mythic is addressing the issue of hybrids being undesireable in RvR groups by giving them what could be a very useful and desireable ability?
casters have same abilities. And what's more useful - grappled chanter nuking all around, or grappled champion spitting his timered debufs and nuke ? =D

weren't you the one posting about how I shouldn't take a game too seriously?
btw.. eldritch is my main char ;) and I don't really identify with my in game characters as much as you seem to
nice to hear =D i was afraid that your mental health was hampered by pressing same button over and over and tried to express it in that sentence :p

T

Tyka

lol, you guys put so much time [quoting] each other, did any of u read my post? :(

A

Amadon

Originally posted by old.Sko
off-topic and missing the issue as usual
whether or not your opinion or mine on the matters are correct..

do you dispute that Mythic have added things in TOA to improve the lot of various classes that are perceived by many to be struggling in RvR, among them being specline DD casters and hybrids?

A

Amadon

Originally posted by Tyka
Heh, we all know the game is not fully balanced, and really Mythic is doing all they can to fix this.

What the biggest problem is in my opinion is that here in Europe, we're so much behind on patches, for example it took them 3 weeks to go from patch 1.63-1.64 in US (the major savage nerf), yet we're still in the same old patch trying different tactics and do everything we can to be able to win these battles.

Things happen fast in US, even though classes are not 100% balanced, they get new things more or less each 2-3 weeks at max, so they always got something to look forward to, even if its not a class nerf or class boost.

Here, we got 4 months in between patches, where we have to live with the bullshit, wish they could just transfer the whole Excalibur server to US somehow, i'd pay 10£ more / month for that.
i read it! :D
I agree but I don't think it's particularly relevant to the thread.. which begs the questions why I make most of my posts by anyway..

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by Amadon

we smoked too much mushrooms with my fellow druid, then i remember i tried to ride his pet, then there was luri brothel, well my head aches, my body hurts get away from me big grey clouds !
(... next part of posting makes as much sense as quoted above...)

TOA introduced many features borrowed from everquest, features that developers considered "cool" and i have a feeling that they had mostly pve in mind when they designed them. Only exception to this rule is group cure disease as far as i know. Change in balance of different classes was unexpected side-effect.
As developers said themselves: "Toa is not going to affect rvr". Next thing they say some time after release "Let the dust settle".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom