@Mythic_Andy about relics/siege

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The way Ywain is at the moment: the realm with the most relics everyone just bails onto that realm and zergs the server to death (and it will ultimately result in server death we've seen it before on other servers)

Anyone else that has some mature/serious suggestions go ahead and post them.

My suggestions for Mythic_Andy assuming he reads them (which hopefully he will... even if he doesnt agree with them it'd still be nice to know mythic takes suggestions in from european players)

1. Relics auto reset back to whichever homeland they were taken from after a set period (depending on the population)

2. Allow people to change realms instantly BUT make them get reduced realm points for an X hour cool off period to prevent so many switching realms instantly depending on who has the most relics.

3. Make relics harder to take! as in more than 2fg when no one is online.

4. Don't allow enemy players to log out inside keeps that hold enemy relics.

5. Add an extra gate to relic milegates, the reason behind this is basicly key keeps open the first gate, the second gate has to be rammed down/destroyed giving the realm a last chance to defend relics vs higher numbers with the advantage of a relic gate wall.

6. Because some of the above suggestions are rather harsh change the relic bonuses to:

Strength Relics
+% Melee Damage
+% RP Bonus
+% Adventure XP
+% Coin
Reduced Endurance cost on styles (passive bonus that effects the entire realm)

Power Relics
+% Spell Damage
+% RP Bonus
+% Adventure XP
+% Coin
Reduced Power cost on all spells (passive bonus that effects the entire realm)

I do have other suggestions aswell but I don't want to create a wall of text you have to sit 10 hours to read.

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
I actually like the idea of a very tough relic inner gate.

It would defo mean defence is possible again, but Id also like to have the old style relic keeps back as relics are far to open currently making moving out of line of sight hard which inturn hurts the defenders.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I actually like the idea of a very tough relic inner gate.

It would defo mean defence is possible again, but Id also like to have the old style relic keeps back as relics are far to open currently making moving out of line of sight hard which inturn hurts the defenders.

yea the OF relic keeps were brutal if you didnt take the keeps to get rid of the uber guards first.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I agree 100%, the Relics are way to easy to get the way it is today! People evolve in DAoC, so should the relic keep.

Especially the mid relics. We got the d0rfs and you know how crafty they are, wierd that the mids doesnt have the strongest relic keep imo :(

eble

Fledgling Freddie
Andy doesn't 'normally' read these forums, I'd recommend Mythic feedback.

Funny I was playing my alb char and the US players were blaming all the Euros for the relic mess over this week.

I did try to point out in the BG, that if 40 people transferred from Dyvet thats was it, were not talking 100's of players lol.

In another BG on hib some US players were saying right lets kill some Euro's, I again pointed I was already playing hib and the other Euro guy wasn't logged on.

They seem to think the whole server mess is our fault and that 100's of players transferred which is funny.

In any case, I like your ideas but unless you use the offical feedback you can forget it.

The yanks like playing log the relic realm.

Pug grps seem to be a nightmare, vent aside some pugs were asking for RR10 druids only, ffs give a break lol

I'll also add when the hib str relic was taken yesterday, we had 5 people at the temple defending against 3 fg's albs.

the hib realm had 450 online with 265 in NF, people just do not give a shit about relics and defence, I asked in the BG what was going on and the hibs just said ah leave it make we'll log alb later!

Xzoltan

Fledgling Freddie
I would definitely love to see the suggestion of a inner gate that couldn't be opened by taking keeps, and a keep instead of a platform be implemented.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Folks,

I've been a bit harsh here, but I've taken out the waffle and left the posts relating to sensible suggestions for Andy, I'll also sticky this. Please keep to the topic so if Andy does read it he doesn't have to wade through pages of drivel!

PS I've also sent him an email to discuss EA activity on FH... cheers.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Folks,

I've been a bit harsh here, but I've taken out the waffle and left the posts relating to sensible suggestions for Andy, I'll also sticky this. Please keep to the topic so if Andy does read it he doesn't have to wade through pages of drivel!

PS I've also sent him an email to discuss EA activity on FH... cheers.

Brilliant Juptius :) thanks.

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
Id also like to see the uber guards at the relic gates too. This would mean that you cant just go charging though allowing more time for defence.

Defending should have the advantage but currently I find defenders just over run. Was a time that a cleric and a couple of ranged characters (or even a uber resist tank going in and out of the doors rapidly) could hold off a zerg for an hour or so, but now that seems to of changed.

Maybe even some defence bonus for the relic defenders once you pass though the relic gates, extra resists or damaged, or maybe even a penalty for the non indigenous realm, losing 15% of all resists or a con/dex debuff etc till they leave the region.

Hypnotastic

Fledgling Freddie
Gonna have a think about this one but there has been a suggestion before about x-realming which I think is a must:

Cannot log into alternate realm on same account RvR zone for at least 1 hour after logging into current RvR zone. In fact I'd even push it a lot higher possibly 6-24 hrs.

However, there would be no such restriction on PvE zones - you can come and go between realms at will.

Lots of reasons for this. I never did understand why the limit was ever lifted.

Cheers,
Hypno

hibblet

Fledgling Freddie
i was thinking about the relic temple being enclosed not open like todays 1, walls closed all around it with a heavy duty door,

no climb points walls need to be treb`d or ST`d or the door needs ramming ofc siege tents spots about the area

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
i was thinking about the relic temple being enclosed not open like todays 1, walls closed all around it with a heavy duty door,

no climb points walls need to be treb`d or ST`d or the door needs ramming ofc siege tents spots about the area

I do like the idea of an enclosed area to start with, and no climb points would make it that much more challenging. After all we all know that 90% of players have a stealther alt or 2 (me included) and as such you can completly screw any initial defence without actually having to put in any effort due to steather numbers.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
really interesting post tbh

just an additional thought vis relics, if you lose one, then the guard at the second should double/triple/whatever to make it harder to rush with so few poeple as seems to be the trick at the moment, so you can get a 2-3 group take on one, but will actually need a semi competant BG to take the extra

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
There is no question the relics should be behind something stronger. It should be a proper siege to take them.

Or if you are going to have them so easy to take then the bonus should reflect this and be far less than it is now.

I think they should remove the need to capture keeps but put the relics behind several walls. Each stronger than the last.

Fan art from a David Gemmell fan, Dros Delnoch

The_Fortress_Of_Dros_Delnoch_by_Gaius31duke.jpg

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Thread name is abit misleading , seems like you are whining about being on a populated server tbh and at people wanting rps , relic system needs changing ill agree but i have no other complaints

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
There is no question the relics should be behind something stronger. It should be a proper siege to take them.

Or if you are going to have them so easy to take then the bonus should reflect this and be far less than it is now.

I think they should remove the need to capture keeps but put the relics behind several walls. Each stronger than the last.

Fan art from a David Gemmell fan, Dros Delnoch

The_Fortress_Of_Dros_Delnoch_by_Gaius31duke.jpg

brilliant picture that and yes that is indeed what a relic keep should look like :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Thread name is abit misleading , seems like you are whining about being on a populated server tbh and at people wanting rps , relic system needs changing ill agree but i have no other complaints

I agree the name is misleading i'll have a word with Jupitus about it :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Another suggestion (nicked and evolved from Aoln)

Removal/replacement of current relic temples with an NF style keep (it will have no inner CK just a shell/ramparts/2-3 oil points no climb points and 1-2 gates to ram down and possibly some walls that can be destroyed with trebs. They can keep the pad that lowers the relic within the keep and whatever guards they deem fit.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
i do miss the good old fashion relic zergs, and then getting wiped by 1/2 pbaers or an ae dotting caba xD

Lokeh

Fledgling Freddie
Relics or not, we gonna Warlock-bomb you anyway. It's not that big of a deal.
But a change in the relic-keep would be a good idea. Make it abit harder, and not just a platform. It's hard to defend in there. Also make it so you cant walk it through PoC.

But to nerf realmpoints etc if you log into another realm is NOT a good idea.
I'd rather want them to bring back atleast a 15min timer between the realms.

The way it is now is too easy.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Honestly i don't preach to have an overminded solution that involves developing (which atm Mythic don't have the money to put on); just change the bonuses to NOT have such an impact in RvR.

Ideas:

2x Drops of Tokens with 1 Relic
4x Drops of Tokens with 2 Relics

At the moment and in any other way you wanna reshuffle it, stealing Relics gives too much of an advantage to the "owning" Realm, moreso if it is the normally overpopulated one.

Khornay

Fledgling Freddie
My two cents are. The former relic keeps were designed for really populated servers. When a decline of population set in I think they tried to design a different way to get relics, which otherwise would be nigh to impossible. Now with the Ywain server again we see a good population, which seem to have an effect on the changes they have made on the relic keep and it does not suffice any more. Perhaps it is possible to have a proper keep once more at the location of the relic temple.

I agree that resources for some development will probably not be there, but to put a keep with some guards at the relic temple location would probably not be too much of a hassle.

Camel

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Methinks to change the relic system would require a mass overhaull of all the NF keeps, ie new coding, new designs and such.

The relic system in NF has always been bollocks, I have a tendancy to play the underdog realm when the relics get wtfpwned, leading to huge zergs of every man and his dog(usually by albion btw).

Maybe its not the designs thats the problem, maybe its the DAOC playerbase that is what the real issue is....

Zede

Part of the furniture
lets petition for em to "code a keep" at the relic temple !

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
tbh, making relic keeps any harder and it would be impossible to take them if there's a few PBAE groups defending.

we see that in keep defences every day, and the only thing that can beat those groups are a select few RA's and ML's...

instead, leave the relic temples as is but buff the guards by a fucking lot instead so ppl actually have to worry about them... and if one guard aggro they all should, making "safe pulls" impossible.

and have those guards on a fairly fast respawn timer to, i mean, border keep isn't THAT far away to implement some "lore" or other that the mage guards teleports in reinforcements every 10 minutes or so...

alternatively, make relic temples claimable by a large enough active alliance with the option to upgrade, which will cost tons of BP's to upgrade and take quite alot of time to do to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom