@Mythic_Andy about relics/siege

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I've said this many times over the years but my suggestion is this:

The guard population and level at each keep needs to increase as the population of online players decreases relative to the other realms.

Secondly each of he 4 towers surrounding a keep should represent a catchment of 'super' guards that will be in the namesake keep. Exactly like it used to work with the old Relic Keeps/Keeps in the later years of Old Frontiers.

If you attack the keep without taking the towers, you have to deal with those powerful guards that respawn fast, if you take the towers down first the guards will despawn.

This will slow attacking forces down wether they take the towers or not and allow more time to launch a proper defense. It also means if the defending army cannot get into the keep itself they can still help by taking back the towers instead.

It should be easy to code, not greatly unbalancing and a fair system.

Best of all, it was used in the old days for those with long memories and it worked well back then too!

Zede

Part of the furniture
Mythic had some great keep designs in WAR.

They dont need to code a keep @ relic temple, they can just cut n' paste.

They need to try out some new ideas quickly. Daoc is losing its flavour fast - me thinks an awful lot of ppl now playing have been playing wow the last few years & have forgotten how dynamic 3 way action can be.

Myself, I have always stuck to one realm when in RvR. Would nice if ppl were not so fickle, WHO ARE THEY ?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

pretty sure it was. was the second rvr dungeon, think it was released in 1.55 or something.

but it was remade and renamed in time for NF.

still pretty much the same thing tho.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
pretty sure it was. was the second rvr dungeon, think it was released in 1.55 or something.

but it was remade and renamed in time for NF.

still pretty much the same thing tho.

poc was introduced in NF.. All three realms had their own rvr dungeon

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
But it was not the same.. Which was my point

So fo Tuht :p

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
& have forgotten how dynamic 3 way action can be.

I think this is the problem with alot of games, 2 way wars are kinda boring, atleast in 3 ways you can never be sure how things are going to go or who is doing what.

Myself, I have always stuck to one realm when in RvR. Would nice if ppl were not so fickle, WHO ARE THEY ?

I have to admit recently ive been templating my Eldritch and leveling another character (mentalist) as i find it a breath of fresh air from the zerg's

Ill rejoin the zergs shortly on my scout though, i have become quite fickle of late :p

vrelies

Fledgling Freddie
give relic credit to people that are near it... not just a group.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Old post is old heh, I guess we'll see more being posted in by our new VN people joining and getting upto speed on euro thoughts tho :p

randomeclipse

Loyal Freddie
There is no question the relics should be behind something stronger. It should be a proper siege to take them.

Or if you are going to have them so easy to take then the bonus should reflect this and be far less than it is now.

I think they should remove the need to capture keeps but put the relics behind several walls. Each stronger than the last.

Fan art from a David Gemmell fan, Dros Delnoch

The_Fortress_Of_Dros_Delnoch_by_Gaius31duke.jpg

Now that's someone with real talent, great picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom