Mythic FAQ on the transfer

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
URL below:

Mythic Entertainment | Dark Age of Camelot - Play the 14-Day Free Trial!

Interesting:

# What will happen with my characters on English (UK), Italian and Spanish language servers?

* At this time, the intent is to allow the transfer of characters from the English (UK), Italian and Spanish servers to transfer to their choice of Ywain (NA) or the new French or German servers (EU).

So we that are from Dyvet can choose Ywain with the added latency it means or transfer to a new German or French server.

/j

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
Oh lovely to hear you guys can xfer ur toons to ywain probably =) I regreat i rage deleted my warden too ;/ But wtf

- English -

Resident Freddy
# Will my friends list remain the same?

* Your Friends list will remain intact

thankgod!

good news:)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Nice, that does now leave me with a quandry of what online mmo to play no though. Seems my decision to not go US in the first place has prospered :)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
So there won't be an EU Supercluster, but a German server and a French one?

Or is it that they're working to turn DAoC Multilingual like Warhammer and we're getting an EU Multi-Language Cluster? :eek7:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think thats the way they are doing that, though both the French and German servers had decentish populations in the end.

PVE mode then for the next couple of weeks, got a new template to farm for! :)

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
So there won't be an EU Supercluster, but a German server and a French one?

Or is it that they're working to turn DAoC Multilingual like Warhammer and we're getting an EU Multi-Language Cluster? :eek7:

give chars from german cluster:(

Vormav

Fledgling Freddie
So lemme get this straight, they are building a cluster with French and German servers... but what language will it be in?

US servers are over populated as it is without transfering more European accounts to Ywain cluster.

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
They will start two new servers, one german, one french. Chars from Dyvet can transfer to either one of these or to Ywain.

/j

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its good for us, probably sucks for the French and Germans though. Give it a year though and we will all be on the same English speaking server I imagine.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
screw the french and germans :p will turn bot acc off and have old dyvet acc active instead :)

georgie

FH is my second home
Its good for us, probably sucks for the French and Germans though. Give it a year though and we will all be on the same English speaking server I imagine.

Reckon the Germans will be well happy:

* Where will the new servers be hosted?
o Once we have completed the transfers, the new European servers will be hosted in Germany.

Vormav

Fledgling Freddie
If I can play DAoC in English Language on a Euro server I am happy but it sounds like the Euro servers will be limited to German or French and that just ticks me off. Scandinavians and spanish and other parts of euro relied on the English speaking servers so I think it's unfair to put the language in French or German.

:england:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
There was about 10 people playing on the UK server and 1000+ on each German and French server there is no way on earth they would make a English language EU server. Ywain isn't that bad for lag and you can actually use it to your advantage sometimes. Personally I can't wait to get my hero back, I win more than I should at sub RR5 on my hero. The yanks will get shat on good and proper with my RR9 hero

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
So lemme get this straight, they are building a cluster with French and German servers... but what language will it be in?

US servers are over populated as it is without transfering more European accounts to Ywain cluster.

Well, transferring the English, Italian and spanish playerbase will not make any difference on Ywain overpopulation status. The actual amount of players comming back to the game to transfer their toons to the Ywain cluster (who isnt already playing on Ywain on other accounts) will hardly be more than a 100 or two. And since the EU players play mostly from 12-24 Gmt or Gmt +1, its at most be abit crowded the 2 or 3 hours of overlapping time late EU night.
It will more likly just bring overall better action during the NA nighttime.

In my ears it sounds like the best solution they could make of it...only thing Im abit annoyed with is that we who have been waiting for this transfer for months now, wount get the free month. If im paying for the play time when they open the servers they had better make it run flawless and damn fast with the transfer.

/Charmangle

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Also there are rumblings that the "macro" players will no longer be tolerated, a large amount of whining on VN about it. Banning them (what, 100 accounts ish?) will probably be enough to make room for UK people on Ywain.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
If I can play DAoC in English Language on a Euro server I am happy but it sounds like the Euro servers will be limited to German or French and that just ticks me off. Scandinavians and spanish and other parts of euro relied on the English speaking servers so I think it's unfair to put the language in French or German.

:england:

Well its hard to say that 20% (the english speaking players) should dictate to the 80% (german and french) what language it is supposed to run in. Sounds more unfair that way does it now? Especially since there is an english alternative, transferring to Ywain even though its not located in the EU.

The only problem I see is that the german and french people have been waiting for to long without word on how the transfer will be handled that they have had such playerbaseloss that they dont have enough to have a healthy playerbase even together. And not beeing able to transfer to Ywain they will just get bored and leave also.

/Charmangle

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Also there are rumblings that the "macro" players will no longer be tolerated, a large amount of whining on VN about it. Banning them (what, 100 accounts ish?) will probably be enough to make room for UK people on Ywain.

The single player groups? (aka "box" groups such as Team Wizzie) or those players using G15's to macro?

I gotta tell you, if they try and ban the G15 users, it's goona get messy, G15 is pretty common kit nowadays on EU and US.

Vormav

Fledgling Freddie
Problems are: Ywain is located in US so for European players this creates lag problems and common linkdead scenarios. The is also payment problems, a lot of european players may not have credit cards (me being one), I know a lot of British people use cards like Switch and Solo which the american accounts don't support (Hoping Mythic will address this). The is also the over population problem, IT IS... already over crowded so adding more accounts to the mix will just make it worse.

Server weekday evenings --> 1500 people
Server Weekend evening --> 2000 people

Ywain hits 4000 on a weekend.

:iagree:

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. this does indeed sound good. the worst healer ever has never been this close to resurrection.

does it say anything about accounts that had characters on both uk and german servers*? i have a bard, druid and warden on avalon that i would very much like to move to a playable server.

* please do not bother pointing out that i can read the FAQ and find the awnser for myself. my reading skills are far inferior to my "asking other people to read things for me"-skills.

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Problems are: Ywain is located in US so for European players this creates lag problems and common linkdead scenarios. The is also payment problems, a lot of european players may not have credit cards (me being one), I know a lot of British people use cards like Switch and Solo which the american accounts don't support (Hoping Mythic will address this). The is also the over population problem, IT IS... already over crowded so adding more accounts to the mix will just make it worse.

Server weekday evenings --> 1500 people
Server Weekend evening --> 2000 people

Ywain hits 4000 on a weekend.

:iagree:

Depending on how many Euros allready plays on ywain, pop wont be much higher if the euros will just play their old toons instead of the ywain ones.
But should have a significal increase in old people ^^ atleast old char names :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom