My thanks to Krolllka

B

Brannor McThife

For adding yet more proof that (a) Infiltrators don't have to care about which Mid class they attack, and (b) how crap warriors are.

Had others not stepped in to kill you after I died, you would have got away without a scratch.

:clap: to Mythic. For making warriors ownable by almost every other class.

So far, I've been owned by a Luri mage, a Briton cleric, a Avalonian sorc, and a Briton infil, solo...and owned I mean as in I didn't touch them. Fights against melee classes don't count in this, as we always hit each other.

So nice to know that Infiltrators can walk up, put a leesh on a warrior, and make him roll and and die.

-G

T

Turamber

Nah, not true. Bumped into a Warrior the other day in your homeland. We fought 1v1 ... had to use my faith heal (thus effectively going through 2 health bars) but he still killed me. I had only taken 15% of his health off.

Nerf Warriors!!!! :p

A

Arlone

It's not warriors that are gimped - all assasins ARE overpowered.

My polearmsman, supposedly the hardest hitting class in any realm (?), get attacked by SB's all the time (even NS's). Sometimes I win, sometimes they win.

A luri NS totally owned me and I only got to 'hit' him twice but he evaded both 'hits' and instead used his 'stun-after-evade-thingie'.

When a SB can take down a realms primary tank, and the class with most absorb in the whole game, using a damagetype that have minus against plate, something got to be messed up.

NERF! :)

uhm, did I forget to mention I don't have IP? That would prolly make things abit easier.

B

Brannor McThife

Name of the warrior? If it was Crush, I wouldn't be surprised, probably had so many RA's that your blows would be useless. And that's melee. Remember, I said melee doesn't count.

-G

R

Ragnarok1978

Hmm,

Was he buffed?

Were you?

Buffs make all the difference these days :(

T

Turamber

Unfortunately I forget his name, but looked him up on the Duskwave/DAOC site at the time - he was RR2. Can't speak for him but I wasn't buffed, had just logged on in fact when we bumped into each other.

He danced very nicely by the way :)

O

old.Sko

I was not buffed, i was solo (so no block bug), but several mistakes were made.
1) attempting to slam twice without strafing to my side
(Hitting assasin without bonus-to-hit style is just invitation for hamstring combo/ dragonfang)
2) No active RAs were used - my stun/poison was not purged which made fight one-sided. (actually infi hitting a stunned troll while trying to avoid norse bashing on me)
3) I suspect the hammer was not crafted, thus producing a high miss ratio - actually in log i saw 2 misses from brannor,
4) As far as i`ve heard/learned - shield spec is not working good agains dual wield classes, so a two-hander with a good combo would've got me in 2-3 hits.

PS. And while i dont have purge i wont attempt to solo pac healer or skald :)
PPS. And so far i was owned (and owned means completely outclassed :) )
An elf ranger. (truesight, hate true sight :) )
An elf mage (nice reflexes and timely qc stun)
A Firbie dr00d (I`m idiot, i`m complete idiot, when fighting dr00d dont forget about their guided missile pets which follow through stealth and infectious poison ;) )
And Teador which is just bad-luck-luri, if you kill him most horrible things will happen to you ;)

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Assassins should own everyone if they get their crit in as they pay dearly for it if they miss, and will always get owned by everyone if this happens... its murder or be murdered

O

old.mattshanes

They dont own everyone:p then again it depends on many things altough sbs dont tend to hit tanks too often.

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by old.SadonTheGrey
Assassins should own everyone if they get their crit in as they pay dearly for it if they miss, and will always get owned by everyone if this happens... its murder or be murdered

... very true, although I'd say it should be about 50/50 against a tank class even with a good opening, IMHO :)

O

old.Sko

Hehe, next patch they will be blocking/purging and insta-healing machines from hell ;)
First it was an archer game, now we're in caster's game, next patch it gonna be tank's game :)

O

old.mattshanes

I have done well on some lv50 sbs so at lv50 i should be able to take some out so jup is right its about 50/50 depends on many things.

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by old.SadonTheGrey
Utter crap. A Thrust spec'd infil can totally own a warrior even without PA. Toss RA's out the window and it'll happen only a few times less. Have a Thrust Infil with Vanish, IP, Dodger X, and unless the warrior is one of the top 5 (just take a look at the warrior top 10...), the infil should have a ball.

-G

O

old.mattshanes

Brannor if you have stun styles followed in with side styles the stealther usually dies,you just have to have more parry i guess....

Maybe you should respec to a 44/44/44 template?i think its 3 speclines for a warrior though i am not sure but with high parry you can do stealthers.

See brannor you a mid and i am giving you good advice hehe;)

O

old.Hellskor

As long as the poisons stick, and you got atleast -some- room to move around in, every Assassin can assassinate any Tank.

What I usually do in the (rare) cases I meet a single Tank :

1. DoT + Disease -> PA + CD -> run -> stealth -> wait 'til the DoT wears off
2. DoT + Str/Con -> PA + CD -> run -> stealth
3. DoT + Snare -> PA + CD -> run -> stealth -> repeat (if needed)

Infils won't need step 3 due to their higher DoT and Thrust-weapons (and not facing 34% Absorb armor)

But from my experiences I know, that I need -atleast- 3 goes to get a lvl50 Alb-tank down for sure. With only 2 it becomes extremly close (talking of an uncertain outcome 'til the last hit).

Only options a Tank has is
a) Run away as fast (and soon) as you can and don't look back
b) clear target and wait with the finger hovering above the Slam button and hope that you DO hit the slam.

Use the fastest Weapon you can get ... not the Ultra-slow-2hander, unless your target is stunned.

O

old.mattshanes

If you have 44/44/44 i dont think a stealther will hit you often;)

K

Kerram Darktyde

Stealth In DAoC makes no sense (yes i am a Stealther btw)
It is totally over powered..It is invisiblity and every class should have a skill to uncover then.. Even if it is only pick up dirt and throw in in the direction of the Asassin..

Vanish is just too powerful.

And No Assassin class should be able to go Toe to Toe with a tank...

At best 10% chance of winning against a well specced Tank..
Tanks are melee so no-one should be better than a tank at melee..
How would the assassins feel If Tank classes were made equal too or greater than Infil in Stealth??

even without vanish You can chase a Stealther and he can stealth just a few paces out of Weapon range... then you can not find him.

But Mythic will not Nerf Stealth as is is one of the only selling points of DAoC :) (ie lots of people play them)

O

old.Hellskor

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
If you have 44/44/44 i dont think a stealther will hit you often;)

if out of endurance ... yes
but that's what kiting is for ;)

And don't forget, an Assassin gets Evade 7 at lvl50, in combination with Dodger it's nearly as good as high shield/parry specc. (Unless the server is in a bad bad streak and doesn't let you evade once)

O

old.mattshanes

If your out of end and a dual welder,you still hit good but need 3 spd crafted weaps to win often.I might get dodger lv5 myself:D

O

old.Hellskor

Dodger 5 would be R4L8 atleast. Better go for Dodger 3 + IP (R4L7) ... and that's a loooong way still.
With Evade 7 + Dodger 3 you're close to immortal against a single target anyway ... with buffs you hardly get a scratch.

O

old.Sko

Aha, looked up hammer styles :)
Here you go
Revenge->Thor's answer. Any blocked attack and you stun opponent. Probably worth putting on quickbar ;)

S

SilverHood

hmm, I use axe.... onyl stun move is a side opening... can't do those in 1 vs 1....

And most infils own me if I don't have IP ready... even with IP I still get owned..... Ran into the new Niar the other day, he botched his PA, I hit him with my 2H axe... he evaded.... did some nasty moves on me, he evades my attack again... thankfully a lvl 50 sb saved my butt, but (hmms) thats besides the point.... With my RvR axe I have 50+13 in axe, and I can't hit a bloody infil....

God created Man
Man creates Machine
Man creates God in machines

Those God's are called Infiltrators

O

old.Sko

Here's trick for you. Till 1.53 you can move your face from opponent at like 50 degrees.

Enemy ^
=====> \
\ -Your facing
\

And execute your favorite side positional attack. It requires some practice and low lag, but possible to pull off.

PS. Doh broken formatting, but you got the idea :)
PPS. Most important - I wont evade this one, as game will think that you're attacking from side, not in my front arc.

T

the_smurflord

Why is it everytime someone's ego gets a little bruised we end up in one of these long and pointless NERF STEALTH threads.
Either stay home or go get your daddy to come protect you.

K

Kerram Darktyde

A Shame People can not look at the game Logically and Point out what is wrong with the game and could use Changing rather than Mindlessly Defend a skill that is clearly Over powered..

Stealth was a good idea badly done..

K

Kerram Darktyde

Originally posted by old.Sko
Here's trick for you. Till 1.53 you can move your face from opponent at like 50 degrees.

Enemy ^
=====> \
\ -Your facing
\

And execute your favorite side positional attack. It requires some practice and low lag, but possible to pull off.

PS. Doh broken formatting, but you got the idea :)
PPS. Most important - I wont evade this one, as game will think that you're attacking from side, not in my front arc.

Is this not Bug Exploiting???if not nice info :)

O

old.Sko

IMO not bigger exploit than using lack of collision detection to run through your opponent's model, which is used by almost everyone.

J

j000 d000d

Vanish isn't overpowered.

My pet usually gets them, after which i do some horrible stuff :)

O

old.Sko

chanters are cheat :)
/em starts to beg for heat/energy resist buffs ;)

Users who are viewing this thread