Originally posted by Cush
PR is a very good ra if used properly

And not rezing a SB (rezcall) at Amg with PR.....:rolleyes:
Changed my QB now ;)

F

faderullan

Originally posted by Lubricador
Originally posted by faderullan

Just tell what good things albion has instead. Besides Ra's.

Just noticed the ¨besides RAs¨

1) all your tanks can spec in shield getting slam and guard
2)ablative chants , its not great thing but helps
3)heal chant from pallys is not great thing but it helps [ heal chant +ablative chant = like 1xx hps more each 6 secs more or less, at least in melee]
4)dirty tricks , it sux at current patch but next patch will be a pain in the ass for midgard and hibernia
5)3 types of mezz , body from minstrel , energy from sorcerer, and spirit from cleric
6)insta stun each 10 secs, at least is something
7)there is always load of albs anyplace anytime

1) Can spec doesnt mean that they spec it. Sure paladin most often have it.
2) Ok thats something. 70hp every 6 seconds is good vs 3 assisting savages.
3) Paladins dont use heal chant
4) Dirty tricks is nothing good. I dont even have it on my quickbar.
5) 3 types of mez? Minstrel and cleric dont mez fyi. We have one char who mez and that is sorcerer. And sometimes a air theurgist.
6) Minstrel stun is good.
7) Nothing

When you write it this way it feels like albion have nothing. Must be other good things we have

And PE dont run around with 12 pers when we run around. I run as a fg. I think most people will agree on that so stop that talk.

M

-mk-

Re: Re: Re: Re: My Rant - Whine away

Originally posted by vestax
Well how do you suggest they balance the game then n3wbie?

Well there IS a software company out there that develops games with 3 or more sides and in some magical way manages to balance them almost perfectly :p

Maybe Mythic should employ Blizzard. Or get their grips together, stop listening to VNwhine and redo class balance completely. What they do atm is patchwork at best.

So what does make Mid Insta CC so uber? compared to the other CC methods and what abilities our foes has to avoid our CC?

insta AE CC gives you the ability to get the jump on enemy groups. Albion doesn't have that ability. It was fine back when only Healers had insta AE CC, you could either avoid them or cut them down. Now that literally every enemy group out there has instant mezz aviable for them it's pretty hard. purge isn't always up :p
On the other side, you can rarely take advantage of 350 units more range. 350 units of ground are covered by a group with bard or skald speed in under 2 seconds. If the sorc is VERY lucky he'll get his mezz off before he's interrupted by the Healer/Bard/Druid insta (stun and mezz will stop even a quickcast)

insta CC in ANY form is bad for the game IMO. And i do play a bard.

F

farathorn_nexus

This game will never be balanced unless the whole RA system is changed. As it stands alb + hib have some pretty powerfull RA's such as BoF GP BAOD SOS and Mid has erm... PR..

If Mythic had any sense they would change it so the same class type's would have access to buy the same RA's

Example: Droods,Clerics,Healers all have access to buy BoF,GP,PR.

This would mean a high rr charector in your group would be a Major benefit and advantage over your enemy AS IT SHOULD BE.

As it stands even in 3 years this game wont be balanced... it was bad enough before they even introduced RA's..

This is just imo, flame away :eek:

I´m must say /salute to Vestax for posting a this interesting and serious thread. In a long time I haven´t found much useful to read on this forum other than the usual whine from "uber haxxor kids". Hope to see more posts like this one. Respect to you Vestax!

L

Lubricador

1) Can spec doesnt mean that they spec it. Sure paladin most often have it.
2) Ok thats something. 70hp every 6 seconds is good vs 3 assisting savages.
3) Paladins dont use heal chant
4) Dirty tricks is nothing good. I dont even have it on my quickbar.
5) 3 types of mez? Minstrel and cleric dont mez fyi. We have one char who mez and that is sorcerer. And sometimes a air theurgist.
6) Minstrel stun is good.
7) Nothing

When you write it this way it feels like albion have nothing. Must be other good things we have

And PE dont run around with 12 pers when we run around. I run as a fg. I think most people will agree on that so stop that talk.

You asked me to say what albion had , not what your teammates have:
1) If your tanks dont spec shields is not my problem,i only said all alb tanks could spec it
2)afaik 70 hps from minstrel ablative + 6x from heal chant is better than 0 hps that other realms get.
3)If paladins dont use heal chant isnt my problem , is not that hard to twist chants
4)fumble fumble miss miss isnt good yeah .....
5) yes 3 types of mezz , the sorc mezz us once we arent mezzed and sorc dead we go for the cleric ,he pbaoe mezz us again, and if minstrel is not dead he is fucking mezzing too
6) agree
7) nothing ? nowadays alb dont zerg much , but when i played my runie albs= zergers camping mgs, and for me its a topic.

If you think albion is gimped or they dont have nothing why are you playing albion ?
Albions have all the things i said and prolly more, like midis have their things and hib have their tools to win , also they have BoF each 15 minutes [ yes 15 coz good groups got at least 2 clerics] and the fucking SoS , dont want to speak about the nasty pally RA or the armsman one, 1000 times better than warrior and thanes RA

PE dont run with 12 peeps ? ok maybe im wrong and i dunno how much are 8 +4 .
I didnt say Pe always run with 12 peeps , but most of times i fought em they was 12

K

kimse

mmh

Albion and hibernia need active RA's to have a chance vs good midgård groups.

Sure ;) hhmmmmmm

M

-mk-

5) yes 3 types of mezz , the sorc mezz us once we arent mezzed and sorc dead we go for the cleric ,he pbaoe mezz us again, and if minstrel is not dead he is fucking mezzing too

clueless :D

gotta love it

I'll leave it to others to point out why and how

Z

zapzap

"PS: and albs got group bug , yeah that bug means that they can do a fg of 12 pple . /em looks at fadeh"

What?

Just tell what good things albion has instead. Besides Ra's.

Wake up and tell me why albs are gonna have END on a class that can spec shield ect ????

Kill bard bb end kill shammy bb end o0OH kill pale ofc its the first target *?!?!?!?!?!

But is silly the amount of Group RAs albs can get.

Maybe not now but in over time we gonna see clerics with AP + bof + ap just a matter of time.

Armsman with Soldier's Barricade woooot the fuck should a tank get such RA ?????????

Pale gets Faith Healing.

Its fine with that higher RR should get something special but where are mids RA.

They nerfed cleric gave them BOF+ AP
they nerfed healer gave them PR + ?

Now Bard survival rate is going a bit up ( just a bit) dodger + higher evade rate.
Shammy no defence what so ever.
pale 80 % of time last man standing.

Zapsi

M

mordia

4. :p

M

mordia

Originally posted by zapzap
Shammy no defence what so ever.
Zapsi

But but! Shammies have uber pbae disease shout!!1 :D

Z

zapzap

Originally posted by Derric
BoF and SoS are also on a 30 minute timer,to me it looks like 99% of the mids see it as it's got no timer at all.

Run with 3 clerics then bof every 10 m fortehwin.

L

Lubricador

Originally posted by -mk-
clueless :D

gotta love it

I'll leave it to others to point out why and how

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Care to explain me what are you saying ?

Z

zodie

Well if the other realms has such nice things that were discussed, and Mids still beat them... Who's the uber ones then ^^

Guess in a way we learn to fight our way to beat other realms, even tho we dont have some uber RA's to help... just a thought :)

G

Glyph_mid

We might have the upperhand concerning instant CC, but its not always you need that.

Yesterday night we surprised PE (we were a decent group of rr3, me lowest, to a few rr7s, so we knew what we were doing), we got in a castable mezz from 48 pac healer, and SM rushed in, all of them stunned, SM start casting spell and all the albs SOS in different direction. Sorc run out to bolt range, purges and mezzes all of us. And we get MA'd down.

Usually what we die to, is where the sorc is down, maybe one cleric, then start beating the second cleric, and he fires up BoF. Tanks use alot of time trying to get the healer down, while the alb tanks are MA'ing people down fast.

I think the realms are pretty balanced, some classes got a few all to good abilities, but all in it all it seems balanced.
The RA's screwed some of that though, with mids lacking just a single good group RA.

M

-mk-

Care to explain me what are you saying ?

Minstrel and sorc mezz are on the same immunity timer. Clerics usually dont spec smite and therefore have no AE mezz at all.

And Minstrel and Cleric AE mezzing anything is an urban myth. Its more or less free immunity timer for the enemy. But aye, we have 3 different mezzes :clap:

Either you dont RvR very often or you just like to ignore facts.

J

jonstone

mmmm download my rvr movie and see just how great alb cc is, if you are a pervert like me and enjoy dying first every time then its the life for you. If I meet hibs then insta amnesia means no qc cc, if we meet mids then insta stun means no qc cc. Bolt range mezz is such ownage :D and i still dont think anyone can offer anything to faders post as to what albs have got that is soo great, yeah we make good alb tank grps, however with all the slots required for speed, cc, healing etc we are left with 3 dmg dealers, such ownage.

D

Derric

Originally posted by zapzap
Run with 3 clerics then bof every 10 m fortehwin.

Run with 3 healers and PR every 10 minutes 4 teh win? oO

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by jonstone
mmmm download my rvr movie and see just how great alb cc is, if you are a pervert like me and enjoy dying first every time then its the life for you. If I meet hibs then insta amnesia means no qc cc, if we meet mids then insta stun means no qc cc. Bolt range mezz is such ownage :D and i still dont think anyone can offer anything to faders post as to what albs have got that is soo great, yeah we make good alb tank grps, however with all the slots required for speed, cc, healing etc we are left with 3 dmg dealers, such ownage.

5 damage dealers (minstrel/pala too) and 1 CC

mid group has 4 (or 5 if shaman has some cave) damage dealer and 4 CC

tbh i prefer a alb group with a theurgist, pbt and AE root.

A

Azal

Don't Theurgs get some kinda ae mez too ? or is that root

F

farathorn_nexus

Originally posted by jonstone
with all the slots required for speed, cc, healing etc we are left with 3 dmg dealers, such ownage.

And how many dmg dealers do a so called Mid uber group with 3 healers, 1 Shammy and 1-2 SM:s have?

Imo, the thing is that Alb aswell as for example Mid has several good classes that, if played well, are as much a big threat to the opponent realm as any other. Sure Mid lacks of good RA:s and I can promise you that this is a thing that´s really showing in battles. For example, tonight a my Mid group encountered the same Albs 3 times in a short period of times...we lost 2 times right away much due to BoF and ablative chant...the third time they didn´t have it up/used it and the fight got really interesting and hard. We won that third fight at the end but it was a really close call.

You Albs seems to focus on the insta mezz/stund thingy but I can say that one of the fights we lost we came from behind and insta mezzed the Albs but still they purged/had high determination and mezzed us and killed us off pretty fast. Insta mez/stund makes almost no difference on higher RR and that´s the plain truth. I´d much rather have BoF and ablative chant that insta mez/Stun to be honest....at least when not being very low RR.

I´ve got the feeling that Albs usually feels that Mids are on top due to various of thing. The thing is that I think Mids at the moment are using a larger variety of classes than Alb and therefore gets an upperhand from that. I remember not long ago when almost noone in Mid played an active healer... It´s not about Mids classes being this or that it´s more that you Albs should start to use all your tools and not only the popular Mincers, Palas and Friars. I have played alot of Alb during the days and I feel like Alb has alot of very good and interesting classes so my advice is that you should start using them.

F

farathorn_nexus

Run with 3 healers and PR every 10 minutes 4 teh win? oO

Derric get a grip..Bof = effects the whole group...PR = effects a single person - Period!

D

Derric

Telling me to get a grip is like...hmm..is like..well,saying something really dumb. :p

Though,I think BoF is a bit overrated.
Of course it's a good RA,but in many of the successful RvR groups I've been in we hardly ever had the need of using it.
And Zapsi,I wouldn't call 3 clerics in a group very valid,but in mid's case 3 healers are imo.

F

farathorn_nexus

Telling me to get a grip is like...hmm..is like..well,saying something really dumb. :p

Hehe, that´s true Derric...sorry I forgot who I adressed that statement to :)

Well you got me totally speechless here...

F

farathorn_nexus

That's ok,have a beer! :drink:

Actually Derric I have already had a few beers and a bottle of wine tonight.....it´s Storsjöyran around the corner of my house. I´ll go and watch the In Flames concert tomorrow night :)

Z

zapzap

very hard to cover resist buffs best rez and CC on 2 healers.

Move resist buff from healer to rm or skald or even thane.

5 damage dealers would be nice.

Zapsi

P

parzi

albgrp with ra's down is free rp imo... with 2*bof +1*sos its really hard if the group plays well, but possible to beat and the ra's are on a 30min timer...

if some midclasses get nerfed etc theese ra's will be overpowered maybe though, but what's the point of making this whine thread now ?

D

Damon_D

This game will never be balanced unless the whole RA system is changed. As it stands alb + hib have some pretty powerfull RA's such as BoF GP BAOD SOS and Mid has erm... PR..

If Mythic had any sense they would change it so the same class type's would have access to buy the same RA's

Example: Droods,Clerics,Healers all have access to buy BoF,GP,PR.

This would mean a high rr charector in your group would be a Major benefit and advantage over your enemy AS IT SHOULD BE.

As it stands even in 3 years this game wont be balanced... it was bad enough before they even introduced RA's..

This is just imo, flame away :eek:

Thats spot on..and if you peopel cant see it...well getting ya head out ya arse might help ???

R

rg-zorena

Originally posted by Melachi[Mid]
Ok from my point of view as a non hardcore RvR'er I cant tell where people have a problem with Mid good RvR groups. What is the problem? Is it the insta CC? Is it the hard hitting tanks? Is it the fact that Savage, Beserker, Warrior all have Determination?

I play a healer, and Ive come up against the good Tank groups of alb, and tbh Insta ae Mezzing / ae Stunning is a joke on these guys, its basically free imunity, even on classes without Determination on somebody with good resist buffs your talking 15 seconds for insta ae mezz or 5 seconds for insta ae stun. Alb tanks, well ive been hit by polearmers/mercs and while i can imagine they dont hit as hard as zerkers/savages, it hardly matters to me, if alb tanks assist on me, my 1500hp keeps me up for all of 3->5 seconds.

PR: Please stop mentioning this realm ability as if it was very usefull or anything! It costs 14 points, it has a 30 min timer which imo is a joke for a RA of such small difirence. Its mostly saved for healers if they should go down in a group, and tbh with Power pots / Mcl, what difirence does no rezz ill make for a healer? All the buffs he casted are gone anyway, basically its just a power heal. The really only good thing about this RA in my eyes is that its insta cast, thats it.

I think its a case of the "Grass is allways greener on the other side"

Im sure getting hit so hard by Beserkers and Savages is depressing but tbh, ive come across hib groups who with enchanters have nailed me in under 5 seconds or alb tank groups which are supposed to crumble under my overpowered insta CC, the tanks looked like they just blinked and are all over me. Theres groups that give enemy groups hard times from all realms.

Disclaimer: I dont know everything and dont claim to, if theres a mistake in my post point it out and correct me. Otherwise fo cause i dont care ;x

someone need to learn prydwen players ....howto play :D

Z

zapzap

Originally posted by rg-zorena
someone need to learn prydwen players ....howto play :D

And people from excal can do that ??

Maybe 1 alb group out there on excal that can play. NP can play doesnt matter where they go rest of mids on excal are the same as most players on prydwen RG zerg fortehwin LOL kiss my butt .

Zapsi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom