My Rant - Whine away

V

vestax

This game will never be balanced unless the whole RA system is changed. As it stands alb + hib have some pretty powerfull RA's such as BoF GP BAOD SOS and Mid has erm... PR..

If Mythic had any sense they would change it so the same class type's would have access to buy the same RA's

Example: Droods,Clerics,Healers all have access to buy BoF,GP,PR.

This would mean a high rr charector in your group would be a Major benefit and advantage over your enemy AS IT SHOULD BE.

As it stands even in 3 years this game wont be balanced... it was bad enough before they even introduced RA's..

This is just imo, flame away :eek:

F

faderullan

Albion and hibernia need active RA's to have a chance vs good midgård groups.

O

old.Sko

As it stands now healer with bof + say spiritmaster with baod - killall group =D
and given that typical setup includes 3 healers and 2 sms for mid pbaoe group it would be a bit of overkill =D
And can we change skald for mincer ? plz plz plz =D

S

Scunner

Originally posted by vestax
This game will never be balanced unless the whole RA system is changed. As it stands alb + hib have some pretty powerfull RA's such as BoF GP BAOD SOS and Mid has erm... PR..

If Mythic had any sense they would change it so the same class type's would have access to buy the same RA's

This would mean a high rr charector in your group would be a Major benefit and advantage over your enemy AS IT SHOULD BE.

As it stands even in 3 years this game wont be balanced... it was bad enough before they even introduced RA's..

If you do this you would need to balance the realms out too and the classes, but then ur left with population problems also fine for FG warfare but wont work with zergs.

V

vestax

Originally posted by faderullan

And what do Mids do against good Hib & Alb groups? (apart from zerg)

F

faderullan

If all realms got access to all ra's then it would be fights between good groups when both sides using sos/bof/baod at the same time. Pretty lame imo.

V

vestax

Originally posted by old.Sko
As it stands now healer with bof + say spiritmaster with baod - killall group =D

Would be the same as Cleric+ice wizz/cabby or Drood+Chanter, in other words balanced

F

faderullan

Savage + Berserker + Healer + Bonedancer >>> Albion and Hibernia similar classes

Sure midgård have it hard vs ra's. I wouldnt mind them getting the same if all realms chars would be equal.

S

succi

Savages
Chain wearing CC class
PR
AE stun

etc

L

Lubricador

Originally posted by succi
Savages
Chain wearing CC class
PR
AE stun

if we are comparing all realms what about ,

6 secs pbt with scales + 3x 24% resists
3 real healers [ dont count mentalist]
pet casters , and hitting for fucking good dmg
maybe group purge?
or maybe BAoD?
or maybe the mana spec line of chanters?

it isn`t a whine but dont fuck me saying midgard is overpowered, if all realms would have the same ras or classes it would be a bite boring.

PS: and albs got group bug , yeah that bug means that they can do a fg of 12 pple . /em looks at fadeh

F

faderullan

"PS: and albs got group bug , yeah that bug means that they can do a fg of 12 pple . /em looks at fadeh"

What?

Just tell what good things albion has instead. Besides Ra's.

S

snotfor

Lol @ suggestion of mid being overpowered.
All realms have sumtin which makes the other realms call em overpowered imo.

F

Fafnir

Ohhh and alb that wants some cometition. :) Not everyday we see one of you. :D

M

mordia

Originally posted by snotfor
All realms have sumtin which makes the other realms call em overpowered imo.

How true.

F

Falcon

Dimerian, play a ranger then, we get a speed shout once every 10mins so we can pretend to SoS and roleplay hats with antlers so we can pretend to moose!! :p

We even get weapons so we can pretend to be blademasters and stuff too!

M

-mk-

This would mean they're pulling the realm into one line even more

The purpose of different realms is to be different. Through whining and bitching on our loved VN boards they already gave all realms the very same abilities (except insta CC - but that's another whine's worth :eek: ).
Different also means different RAs.

T

tris-

Re: Re: My Rant - Whine away

Originally posted by -mk-
This would mean they're pulling the realm into one line even more

The purpose of different realms is to be different. Through whining and bitching on our loved VN boards they already gave all realms the very same abilities (except insta CC - but that's another whine's worth :eek: ).
Different also means different RAs.

thank fuck someones got some sense. if they give all realms the same abilites, spells etc etc then we may aswell have only 1 realm and make it PvP server, this is what you want isnt it? you want everyone to be the same and take the challenge out of a GAME.

M

Melachi-

Ok from my point of view as a non hardcore RvR'er I cant tell where people have a problem with Mid good RvR groups. What is the problem? Is it the insta CC? Is it the hard hitting tanks? Is it the fact that Savage, Beserker, Warrior all have Determination?

I play a healer, and Ive come up against the good Tank groups of alb, and tbh Insta ae Mezzing / ae Stunning is a joke on these guys, its basically free imunity, even on classes without Determination on somebody with good resist buffs your talking 15 seconds for insta ae mezz or 5 seconds for insta ae stun. Alb tanks, well ive been hit by polearmers/mercs and while i can imagine they dont hit as hard as zerkers/savages, it hardly matters to me, if alb tanks assist on me, my 1500hp keeps me up for all of 3->5 seconds.

PR: Please stop mentioning this realm ability as if it was very usefull or anything! It costs 14 points, it has a 30 min timer which imo is a joke for a RA of such small difirence. Its mostly saved for healers if they should go down in a group, and tbh with Power pots / Mcl, what difirence does no rezz ill make for a healer? All the buffs he casted are gone anyway, basically its just a power heal. The really only good thing about this RA in my eyes is that its insta cast, thats it.

I think its a case of the "Grass is allways greener on the other side"

Im sure getting hit so hard by Beserkers and Savages is depressing but tbh, ive come across hib groups who with enchanters have nailed me in under 5 seconds or alb tank groups which are supposed to crumble under my overpowered insta CC, the tanks looked like they just blinked and are all over me. Theres groups that give enemy groups hard times from all realms.

Disclaimer: I dont know everything and dont claim to, if theres a mistake in my post point it out and correct me. Otherwise fo cause i dont care ;x

V

vestax

Re: Re: Re: My Rant - Whine away

Originally posted by n3wbie
thank fuck someones got some sense. if they give all realms the same abilites, spells etc etc then we may aswell have only 1 realm and make it PvP server, this is what you want isnt it? you want everyone to be the same and take the challenge out of a GAME.

Well how do you suggest they balance the game then n3wbie?

L

Lubricador

i see funny that some members of PE whine on irc after being killed by many mids and your group usually is 12 pple nothing more , and albion has bof, sos and range bolt cc, as i said each realm is 1 world
And next patch mercs will be better than they are now... and dont tell me mercs are bad chars

X

Xeanor

Every realm has something 'overpowered', and as for mid, a group with 3 Healers with PR and decent melee can win from a Alb group with 2xBoF + SoS, it's hard but it's possible.

L

Lubricador

Just tell what good things albion has instead. Besides Ra's.

Just noticed the ¨besides RAs¨

1) all your tanks can spec in shield getting slam and guard
2)ablative chants , its not great thing but helps
3)heal chant from pallys is not great thing but it helps [ heal chant +ablative chant = like 1xx hps more each 6 secs more or less, at least in melee]
4)dirty tricks , it sux at current patch but next patch will be a pain in the ass for midgard and hibernia
5)3 types of mezz , body from minstrel , energy from sorcerer, and spirit from cleric
6)insta stun each 10 secs, at least is something
7)there is always load of albs anyplace anytime

K

Kelmorian

we use our soooooooooooooooo overpowerd insta mezz/stun and kill you with our fotm savages...

(cant imagin savages hit that hard against bof or mezz last that long on a determination tank on baod)

hmmmmm

L

Lubricador

a thing i forgot , albion is the only realm able to debuff absortion and armor factor
again , im not whinning or saying albion is better or worst than other realm

F

Falcon

Animists can debuff absorb and dps.

No one specs that line ever unless they like dying etc. but it exists.

O

old.Hardbein

I dont realy see the diff insta CC vs. Bolt CC. Yes Insta CC is easier to get off true, but again with QC and bolt range -castable- CC - wich still has a chance against det/baod and SC-resists. Insta CC is useless vs. det/resists/baod....only Insta stunn with a castable AoE Mezz on top is a viable CC method(mid). Insta stunn is only used to halt the inc "foes" so a decent castable mezz can be deployed. Hibs kinda have the worst CC in the game tho I must admit, but again they have other tools/strategies to master their foes....we all know that ;)

Vs. hibs they have almost immunity to CC with Baod and GP....with additional single purges. Yes GP has bugged immunity timer but will be fixed soon (if I'm not misstaken?)

So what does make Mid Insta CC so uber? compared to the other CC methods and what abilities our foes has to avoid our CC?

Fighting grps wich r designed around their realms most uber RAs. Alb-melee teams w/SoS-BoF-Purges, Hib-caster teams w/GP-Baod, is as a Mid a very tough opponent wich fall both ways. Wichever team has RAs up is most likely to win the fight. But again brings some excitement to the fight...."do they have RAs up?", "did they Baod?", " did they GP?", did they SOS/BoF?"...etc etc. Having a fight where ur enemy uses all RAs and ur grp none, is the best fight imo....u know u did a good job ;) (not some random RvR grp fyi....u know who u r :))

Balancing the realms with same RAs and same abilities/styles/spells etc....will ruin the nature of the game and would make the game boring imo.

To summ it up....all realms have a way of mastering their enemy. RAs tend to unbalance this with normaly a 30 min timer :rolleyes:

edit: fixed a sentance wich sounded weird ;)

D

Derric

Originally posted by Melachi[Mid]
PR: Please stop mentioning this realm ability as if it was very usefull or anything! It costs 14 points, it has a 30 min timer

BoF and SoS are also on a 30 minute timer,to me it looks like 99% of the mids see it as it's got no timer at all.

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by Falcon
Animists can debuff absorb and dps.

No one specs that line ever unless they like dying etc. but it exists.

I specced that line! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! It's HORRIBLE! Can't wait til I can respec the poor wittle thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom