My first rvr movie! (bard's view)

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
We arnt really beginers as such just learning to work with each other as a grp tbh neways its all a laugh :)

Arilinn

Loyal Freddie
I think the movie was bad. You didnt use the DD from what I saw and you didnt pann at all. And FG vs. 2 stealthers or FG vs. a trio isnt what I want to see.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Arilinn said:
I think the movie was bad. You didnt use the DD from what I saw and you didnt pann at all. And FG vs. 2 stealthers or FG vs. a trio isnt what I want to see.
i dont see why the DD would help my group tho, crap dmg neway allso i didnt feel the need to pan in these battles, i use pan usualy when im mezed but in these battles there was no threatening behind me so no pan. while we running i dont need to pan either coz our druid take that job so i can focus on the running.

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
Deadnala said:
i dont see why the DD would help my group tho, crap dmg neway allso i didnt feel the need to pan in these battles, i use pan usualy when im mezed but in these battles there was no threatening behind me so no pan. while we running i dont need to pan either coz our druid take that job so i can focus on the running.

Ok now your are joking right?

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
funny tbh the critics..
imo if you criticise post link to your move so i can see how the masters do it!
2nd i didnt asked to teach me how to play my bard, i can play him dont worry.
allso np to post how good the download speed is and the resolution of the movie or even wow 30fps full size anyway there where a few posts that where usefull tho, keep em comming :)

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Deadnala said:

Sig material :/

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Surprising Death said:
dd for interupt
interupt with spell that have a timer? i prefer to spamm f8/ea mezz to interupt, that allso have the chance to get a mezz in sometimes

its insta, that means good for interupting spreadhealing druid while running past him, which can make their members die easily, as they cant heal

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Deadnala said:
interupt with spell that have a timer? i prefer to spamm f8/ea mezz to interupt, that allso have the chance to get a mezz in sometimes
There's one thing i heard of, called multitasking. Apparently it's something you can do if you are extremely skilled. I have never tried it though as i'm a shaman and all i have to do is MOC and slam my head on the keyboard to r0x. :eek7:

Septina

Part of the furniture
I'm not one to normally dizz other peoples playstyle... but i'm sorry to say, this movie had me twisting in my seat. :(
No use of DD's to interrupt (yes its insta and you can use it while you're interrupted and even WHILE interrupting with your castable spells), hardly any panning and for the love of god.... please... use /face when you're gonna mezz instead of waiting for your char to stop moving.....

Anyhoo, just some pointers :)

Tierce_

Fledgling Freddie
The replies are really good cheers guys, that group has only been running for a couple of times, maybe 3 or 4 solid times so I agree we have a lot more growing and learning to do. But it's all fun. Thanks for the constructive criticism.

thaaadi

Fledgling Freddie
Only things that amusing in this movie is moik running in and out from the tower after all the crying when septina ran towards a tower in a fg fight :sex:

Ridje

Fledgling Freddie
very brave to post this vid to all the wtf omgz ur suxors people or smt

but just wanna add if noones alrdy said it make a face macro or type
/keyboard and bind space to face or whatever suits u to it

by the looks of the vid u dont use it , it does help alot

anyway gl :)

:clap:

papaboo

Fledgling Freddie
That was.. a very, very weird movie :) what's up with no casting animation, different races and scythes?

Anyway, hope you have fun.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
use /face when you're gonna mezz instead of waiting for your char to stop moving.....
finaly a usefull reply!

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
you should've included the time when we killed your FG with 3 people, that was truely of r0x :D

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
papaboo said:
That was.. a very, very weird movie :) what's up with no casting animation, different races and scythes?

Anyway, hope you have fun.

bard rr5 RA, "transforms caster into the apperence of another race and class" or summet, its like when transforming into a wolf or similar, your casting animations wont be seen.

lallaren

Fledgling Freddie
Surprising Death said:
some at irc actually thought u (deadnala) only had one arm, as u f8 mezz, and not move ;p

hahahahah :D laughed nicly on this one :cheers:

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Ok guys feel i need to clear sum of this up...

The video was posted on here just to see what u guys think about our little intro movie to our website :)

This thread has turned into a pathetic whine about my m8 Godwyn who until now has been seen and respected in hib as a very good bard. He still is.
These whines and posts are doin nothin useful but boostin the egos of a few leetzor players who have prob never played a bard seriously b4.

This film was made for a bit of fun not to show how good we r in rvr... otherwise we would just show the fights we won etc.

FFS give godwyn a break... as atm it is plainly clear that the FH community for daoc has turned sour and full of whines etc

Cheers guys,

Ad

Septina

Part of the furniture
I only gave him a few pointers on how i think he could improve his playstyle.... atm IN MY OPINION it has some flaws and there's room for improvement... as in using /face when stopping for mezz, using insta dd to interrupt and such....

If that makes me a 'leetist ****' or whatever then fine... i was only trying to be nice :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
It takes a lot of courage to post a movie on these forums these days. Regardless how well you play or how well your group does, your movie will be taken apart by the critics on FH, even if you represent a long-time RvR guild. Therefore, to post a movie here when you represent a guild that maybe does not have a very long RvR record, or extremely dedicated min-max players, and who just plays for fun and laughs, you need to be quite brave. Godwyn and Sabre should have credit for that, we need to show that it's not all about having high RR, a leet attitude, and to whine or brag at every given opportunity! Well done!

Having said that, there is some things you should be doing, both to improve your video as well as your playstyle. Most of these things you can get from the helpful and the not-so-helpful people posting in this thread, you just need to cut away some of the garbage they like to tout.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
It takes a lot of courage to post a movie on these forums these days. Regardless how well you play or how well your group does, your movie will be taken apart by the critics on FH, even if you represent a long-time RvR guild. Therefore, to post a movie here when you represent a guild that maybe does not have a very long RvR record, or extremely dedicated min-max players, and who just plays for fun and laughs, you need to be quite brave. Godwyn and Sabre should have credit for that, we need to show that it's not all about having high RR, a leet attitude, and to whine or brag at every given opportunity! Well done!

Having said that, there is some things you should be doing, both to improve your video as well as your playstyle. Most of these things you can get from the helpful and the not-so-helpful people posting in this thread, you just need to cut away some of the garbage they like to tout.
cheers mate :cheers:

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
It takes a lot of courage to post a movie on these forums these days. Regardless how well you play or how well your group does, your movie will be taken apart by the critics on FH, .

Tis funny.... I went through all my gazillion movies for DAoC today and even though it's fecking old.... I thought yours is still the best produced... still shit cos actually had no combat in it... but none the less.. best editing by some way...

And please don't mistake my little compliment to mean I actually like you in any way :fluffle:

For someone to show a fg of 8 killing 2 stealthers is lame...
And for killing Xaranian (my guildy and duo partner and Orthinth) I'll make sure whenever I see the bard he's going to get peppered with arrows. :twak:

Marc

FH is my second home
Balls of steel to post the video, knowing quite well you are on a hiding to nothing. Ignore the usual wankers who think they are funny and take on board the feedback that has been posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom