Mouse randomly doubleclicking!

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I have a MS optical intelli mouse..... at the moment, it's currently randomly double clicking whenever I double click.

I've tried adjusting the doubleclicking speed, but to no avail.

It's really getting frustrating now, as I can't use drop down menus, and well, lets just say gaming is a pain in the arse.

Any ideas?

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi SilverHood

Does this doube-clicking occur in all applications, games etc.? Also, do you have another PC you can test the mouse on?

To be honest, it sounds like an odd problem. If the mouse isn't physically faulty then I can only guess that there is a driver problem, perhaps, of some sort. You may want to uninstall the mouse and then install it using either the default Windows drivers or in conjunction with IntelliPoint 5.

If the mouse is faulty, then Microsoft, last I heard, are happy to replace them.

Kind Regards

Edit ~ You may want to check out the following knowledge base article: http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...port/kb/articles/Q266/7/38.ASP&NoWebContent=1

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I'll try it on my bro's pc tommoro then

And yeah, it's a general problem across all applications...

Will try to reinstall mouse drivers again and see if that helps too

note, that the problem only occured when I went from a standard mouse port to using the default USB plug with the mouse.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi SilverHood

Hope you get everything solved. Please be sure to let us all know how you get on.

Merry Christmas!

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Can you possibly try it with a USB/PS2 adapter?

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Just looked at that KB article...
Method 1: Verify Your Clicking Method

Make sure that you are performing a true single physical click. A single-click occurs when you press and release a mouse button one tiem.
And that was their typo, not mine... heh

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It could be one of those accessibility functions playing up.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
You can change click behaviour with the XP powertoys, I don't suppose you've been tinkering with it? ;)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Mine does this from time to time, a reinstall of the Intellipoint software normally cures it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom