This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mouse mat

Discussion in 'Techie Discussion' started by Brynn, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Brynn

Brynn Can't get enough of FH

Whats the best - icemat or an Everglide?

I managed to get my hands on both - and im wondering which one is the best :)

p.s Mouse Bungee's are the best things ever made

2. Krazeh

Krazeh Can't get enough of FH

Surely if you have both then you can just try them out and make your own mind up

3. Brynn

hush :twak:

just seeing what the mighty advisors think :p

4. Shovel

Shovel Can't get enough of FH

To be honest I haven't used a mouse mat since going Optical some time ago. I've had no problems with the wood grain surfaces I use.

Having said that, I'm wondering if I should get one at the mo as this surface is horrid on my hand, mouse is fine. I've actually developed a lump on my wrist where my hand rests on the surface, which doesn't strikes me as healthy. I'm thinking that a slightly padded mat might be a solution. Or maybe wearing a sweat band while I work... heh.

5. Deadmanwalking

Deadmanwalking Fledgling Freddie

Wuss :p First you do your back and legs now you're getting injured from a mouse :)

6. Scooba da Bass

Scooba da Bass Fledgling Freddie

I've got an icemat, takes a little getting used to but once you do it's pretty good. The only obviously noticiable difference is when trying to select exact pixels in Photoshop.

I wouldn't recomend paying for one however as it's really not that much better than using nothing.

7. Big G

Big G Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.

I agree, similarly the MX700 is fanny-tastic on any surface and I used to use it on my desk with no mat. I hated the hard cold feeling on my hand/wrist so I went back to a black, Game.net mousepad.

G

8. Brynn

Lol the icemat i bought, my mate gave me a slightly worn Everglide. Its used so much its kinda gone smooth in the centre. But i love my icemat with the teflon over the little rubber bits

9. SawTooTH

SawTooTH Loyal Freddie

I have an Everglide Giganta and its fine with optical mice. Better than the wood effect tray that causes the pointer to skip.

10. .Wilier.

.Wilier. One of Freddy's beloved

RatPadz rock.