Rant Motorway drivers

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tried searching for an existing thread but couldn't find it... :(

Anyway, time for a fucking rant. There is a reason why cars have indicators. For the love of god when you are driving at high speed and want to change lanes on a motorway use your fucking indicators. Twice tonight on the way home I have had people pull out into my lane like they were driving like Automan. Fucking retards.

Then to make matters worse how many people do not understand lane hogging? Has the law changed about the other two lanes being used for overtaking? How many times have I come up to some shit doing 70 mph in the 3rd lane? Once I overtake someone I attempt to make my way back to the 1st lane and not sit like a prized prat in the wrong lane. Have times changed that much?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I hate 90% of motorway drivers. They are shit.

Nobody on inside lane, cunt in middle lane, you in inside lane because you're not a tard, you have to go 2 lane out then 2 lanes in and even after you pull into the inside lane they keep drooling along in the middle lane.

I like the idea of police with sniper rifles on motorway bridges just shooting the cunts.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
People have the mentality, i'm doing the speed limit why should I move.

But they seem to forget, it's not the fucking speed limit lane, it's the over taking lane. I use to tail gate, beep and flash (If I have to) to force them over, I know it's not right but I wanna get the fuck home and they are not in the right either .....

And don't get me started on people that pull out and don't shoulder check for bikes ...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I do 3400 miles/month at the mo. All motorway.

I hate lane hoggers. I wish death on them. :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I just overtake up the inside. I can't be arsed with them.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It's funny how bad drivers are always someone else.

Half the road users hog the middle lane and I can see why, dropping in and out of the slow lane is a pain in the arse and probably eventually dangerous.
Sitting in the outside lane, everyone's done it without realising at some time due to mind wander, though some people seem to have disease that causes them to
sit along side the middle lane traffic with twenty cars up their arse and just wait for their Volvo 240 to finally get a 1mph tail wind to push them past.

The thing that freaks me is if you're in the slow lane, drivers joining the motorway, don't look, they just speed up to exactly your speed, sit alongside you and push you out into the middle lane, when a mm of throttle or brake could let them slot in front or behind.
Oh and it seems the highway code on motorways, is indicate..move..don't look.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
We should have germanys laws on lorries that they can't be on the road between 7am to 8pm.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
We should have germanys laws on lorries that they can't be on the road between 7am to 8pm.

Can we include cars towing caravans in that law?

Corran

Part of the furniture
People have the mentality, i'm doing the speed limit why should I move.

But they seem to forget, it's not the fucking speed limit lane, it's the over taking lane. I use to tail gate, beep and flash (If I have to) to force them over, I know it's not right but I wanna get the fuck home and they are not in the right either .....

And don't get me started on people that pull out and don't shoulder check for bikes ...

Be a bad idea to do that to me... it doesnt force me over, it makes me drive like a complete dick... if im passing and someone tailgates me I will find my foot slips of the accelerator just enough so I do the exact same speed as the people next to me. How long I do that for depends on how much of a dick they are being. If it someone that shot up my ass at 100mph when I was passing at 75-80mph then they could find themself stuck for awhile! :D

gohan

FH is my second home

the way i see it if i'm in the inside lane doing let's say 70, and the cunt in the middle lane is banging along at 60 I'm undertaking the cunt, deal with it

- English -

Resident Freddy

This pisses me off more than lane hoggers

I've no problem with people doing the speed limit in the 1st/2nd lane of a motorway. Ive always had the mentality of if someone wants to risk their life / fine etc to get 20 metres in front ... let them at their risk, not mine. But that mostly applies to dual carriages / single roads.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned

I've no problem with people doing the speed limit in the 1st/2nd lane of a motorway. Ive always had the mentality of if someone wants to risk their life / fine etc to get 20 metres in front ... let them at their risk, not mine. But that mostly applies to dual carriages / single roads.
To be fair jim, your old car wouldn't do even do 70 :p

- English -

Resident Freddy
To be fair jim, your old car wouldn't do even do 70 :p

I worked since i was 16 after finished secondary school. I got a job at McDonalds, paid my own way through college and various other leisury things, including driving lessons, insurances, taxes and MOT. So i'm sorry my first car wasn't as good as your daddy's bought automobile.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Lorries tend to be hauling goods and are normally full compared to most car drivers using a vehicle for 5+ people without any one else in it :p

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I'm currently commuting from M6 J14 to M5 J2 every day, and some of the driving I have seen has been shocking. Nobody has a fucking clue what speed they're supposed to be doing or what lane they're supposed to be doing it in, no wonder there are so many accidents on that stretch.

gohan

FH is my second home
Lorries tend to be hauling goods and are normally full compared to most car drivers using a vehicle for 5+ people without any one else in it :p

so? they're limeted to 56 mph or w/e it is, why overtake another lorry that's limeted to the same speed? it takes them a full 10 mins to complete the overtake

bunch of cunts

Tom

I am a FH squatter

If someone is able to overtake you on the inside, without swerving across lanes, then you're in the wrong lane.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
so? they're limeted to 56 mph or w/e it is, why overtake another lorry that's limeted to the same speed? it takes them a full 10 mins to complete the overtake

Fuel efficiency. Lorry in front will use significantly more fuel. So they often switch round now and then.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin

bunch of cunts

without taking sides, I've always assumed that slight imbalances in wheel diameter caused a given truck to go slightly faster or slower than another. I gather that a truck driver drives by engine RPM and stuffs, so to be a couple 100 RPM off is probably quite irksome.
I don't know if there are any truckies here who can comment?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
ah, Cadelin, that's an awesome point. is that really why they do it?

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
ah, Cadelin, that's an awesome point. is that really why they do it?

Yes. My dad drives an articulated lorry and he has told me the same thing. It's the same reason so many people tailgate lorries, they produce awesome drag. Though why the lorry being overtaken can't fucking slow down a bit until the other one is passed I don't know.

collegien

Can't get enough of FH
Lane discipline has to be one of my pet hates. I use motorways all the time and almost every day I will have people coming from the slip road straight on to the middle lane even when the inside lane is empty and I have moved across to allow them on to the road. I have had to take evasive action on countless occasions.

Really winds me up when people are going along on the inside lane 15- 20 mph under the speed limit and, with nothing in front of them they suddenly change lane to the middle lane? wotsthatallabout ?

Also some seem to stay in the lane all the way untill they have to leave the road, darting over at the last minute, often across other people.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
I worked since i was 16 after finished secondary school. I got a job at McDonalds, paid my own way through college and various other leisury things, including driving lessons, insurances, taxes and MOT. So i'm sorry my first car wasn't as good as your daddy's bought automobile.
Touche about the old Citroen.

And you know I bought mine with my own money also it was just a pussy magnet, yours wasn't :p

- English -

Resident Freddy
If someone is able to overtake you on the inside, without swerving across lanes, then you're in the wrong lane.

It poses more of a risk if you keep going in and out of the 1st lane just so you can overtake in the middle. Whats the point cutting into the 1st lane when in 30 metres your pulling out again to overtake a lorry. Its fair enough if you got a clean stretch ..

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

This.

Whats the point cutting into the 1st lane when in 30 metres your pulling out again to overtake a lorry.

'cause that's your fekkinging job when driving on the motorway. If you can move in - do it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Agree with Tom and Scouse, and I've only been driving for a year and half. It's not complicated.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
or just use the 3rd lane to overtake if you wish to break the speed limit even more?
I agree, it should be 4 lanes ideally, but no one uses the first lane. It would be rather pointless as the average speed is about 50mph and would cause more probs in middle lane.

It is fine to do 70mph in the middle, however it isn't fine to do 70mph in the 3rd and hog it up .. If you don't like people driving in the middle at 70mph then go in the 3rd but give way to people going faster. I'm always usually in a rush and plant it in the 3rd lane and only move over if I get someone up my arse and go back out ...

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
or just use the 3rd lane to overtake if you wish to break the speed limit even more?

Because the retards sitting in the middle lane doing 65 when there's no one in the inside lane cause the entire motorway to slow down. If you can't figure out which lane you're supposed to be in you shouldn't be on the road. It's hardly rocket science to keep left unless overtaking is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom