Most skilled enemy

J

j000 d000d

Originally posted by pudzy
All sb's were, btw, enchanters require no skill and you've spent plenty of time as one.

Yes Enchanters don't require any skill.

But that doesn't take away the right for me to say that SBs were overpowered?

P

pudzy

Nope, I agree with you, infact, when the old hoster came back, he was devestated at how down hill the stealthers ability's have become :p.

J

j000 d000d

Since the real Hoster missed quite some PA's at my wizard i began to think he's just overpowered rather than skilled.

Niar was a good stealther too... had a lot of rps because he just spended loads of time in Emain... tho he was on the pad 80% of the times i entered Castle Sauvage :p

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by pudzy
All sb's were, btw, enchanters require no skill and you've spent plenty of time as one, personally tho, I think I would like you chose a class other than a caster, make a armsman or a paladin, they require insanity to play so I think you'd own quite frankly :p.

stun + pbaoe two buttons.

slam + style two buttons.

Ok.. :)

J

j000 d000d

Originally posted by Teh Krypt

wow Krypt you are my DAoC Master

can i be your Padawan?

T

tildson

There are good casters, good tanks, and superb healers and CC'rs. You can be either of them aswell as you can be a lousy one.

K

krait

3 buttons for armsmen ........... macro /release
;)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Teador
Yes Enchanters don't require any skill.

Well, if the same applies even to a light specced chanter (I haven`t tried a mana chanter), then no caster class in the game requires any "skill" - according to your logic.

It seems all the "it does not need any skill to play DAoC" whiners are twitchy fps gamers.
Good timing and use of said timing is skill.
So is knowing when to "push what button".

But that's just my opinion.

L

leviathane

hehe a healer skilled nah.. try being a sorc shit af shit hp hardly protected and expected to mezz/unmezz/debuff now thts skill :m00:

T

Teh Krypt

Hmm wait..

Wizard: nuke nuke nuke

Ha. One button.. such an unskilled class with j00r logic.

O

old.Atrox

Supp bd the class that need less skill in daoc.
After that chanter.

anyway, there is no skill in daoc, thats the reason some groups do better then others.
but I wont join this flame fest, cba FYI

J

j000 d000d

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
Well, if the same applies even to a light specced chanter (I haven`t tried a mana chanter), then no caster class in the game requires any "skill" - according to your logic.

It seems all the "it does not need any skill to play DAoC" whiners are twitchy fps gamers.
Good timing and use of said timing is skill.
So is knowing when to "push what button".

But that's just my opinion.

Light Enchanter is more skill... you actually have to pick a target (and the right target) ;)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Skill:
Proficiency, facility, or dexterity that is acquired or developed through training or experience.

1. An art, trade, or technique, particularly one requiring use of the hands or body.
2. A developed talent or ability

Being a twitchy kid = not skill, just being a twitchy kid. :p

M

mirieth

Didn't take into account reactive styles, weapon switches for hybrids, guard, intercept and chants for Paladins, did you? Not to mention RAs.

:sleeping:

S

Sharma

ok miri, stun + pbaoe + baod + MoC, whoooo four buttons for chanter, hooray! :D

M

mirieth

Originally posted by sharma
ok miri, stun + pbaoe + baod + MoC, whoooo four buttons for chanter, hooray! :D

Hehe :p

TEH SKILLZ!!1

...fun though ;)

T

tildson

as a chanter u also interupt others with debuff and aoe-debuff, assist with stun and pbae aswell as u nuke down other casters

but, my guess is a firewizard e.g has ALOT more to do then just DD'ing...;)

S

Sharma

Originally posted by tildson
but, my guess is a firewizard e.g has ALOT more to do then just DD'ing...;)

Ask walker ;<~~~~

T

tildson

Ask Walker about what? Running forwards and backwards with SOS and DD'ing and maybe some backup rooting?

Or, what else does he do?

T

tildson

single speed debuff and aoe-speed debuff are both insta and interupts

J

j000 d000d

then they started doing that this patch because they never interrupted anything except for mobs when i played my enchanter.

T

tildson

Its always been like that, depends where your opponent is in his cast when you cast it for him to be interupted.

J

j000 d000d

Only interrupts when resisted i think.... just like mezz

Because a insta-interrupt on a lot of classes would be a bit.... overpowered? :p

T

tildson

It doesnt interupt when its resisted :) And yes its a bit overpowered when u can interupt 3-4caster standing on the milegate nuking you

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by mirieth
Didn't take into account reactive styles, weapon switches for hybrids, guard, intercept and chants for Paladins, did you? Not to mention RAs.

:sleeping:

pbaoe, 3 50% debuffs, base light nuke, stun, aoe debuff...

not all ofc but 7

Purge, baod, moc, mcl ....

F

Falcon

Scout is even worse, you don't even have to queu your attacks, just keep tapping the bow icon
Uhuh, and what do you do when an assassin attacks you, just keep pressing the bow button? or do like a skilled scout and try and position to guarantee a successful slam.

There is skill in the game and even your example here is horribly ignorant, I carry 3 bows with me, short recurve - fast fire times, regular recurve - average fire times and longest range, heavy recurve - slow fire times heavy damage.

Scenario 1: An assassin ambushes and attacks me, I drop his health a long way with my high melee spec, he gets a stun off and decides to make a break for it, stun wears off, I chase, he's a fair distance away, I try speed shout, it's been used to recently and doesn't work, my only option is to stop and take a shot, the skill here is in knowing do I a) Attempt to use the short recurve to hit him quickly before he's out of range, or do I b) Use the regular recurve for that extra bit of range. Very minimal difference between the two options but a demonstration of knowing which bow when is, IMO a demonstration of skill.

Scenario 2: I see a paladin, will be a close fight, do I risk melee or just go for kiting with bow, hit him with a slash arrow, okay his resists to slash are low, can handle melee (I'm slash spec btw). Or, alternatively, damn his resists are high, don't want to risk that, switch to crush arrows and finish the job kiting.

Scenario 3: Fighting an opponent in close up melee, see an assassin flick into view to try and PA, I have to alter my position extremely quickly to prevent that.

Scenario 4: 1fg of us vs 2fg of them, healers and casters at the back I hit speed shout flank to the left hand side of the enemy force, get noticed so I hit stealth, the person ignores me knowing he can't hit me or thinking I was just a lag ghost, I unstealth and continue the speedy charge round the side until I'm at the side or behind the enemy force, I then start attacking with bow the mages and healers until I'm quickcasted upon and interrupted, hit purge if snared/mezzed/stunned and charge in with both sickles at the ready, attack the first target - the mages that's noticed me and is attacking me, I then notice another mage about to nuke me, so I have to hop to him to interrupt him, then get back to the other mage again to interrupt, eventually the mages die or I get too many opponents on me to keep hopping around, if they die I move to the healers healing the tanks attacking our casters, drop them ASAP.

If you ask me, the above 3 are examples of where it takes both skill and knowledge to know what to do when - what your class and char are capable of and how to acheive it to it's fullest, but that's only just a few examples, there are many more. I think this demonstrates there's a hell of a lot more to just about any class than just hitting F6 /stick or spamming PBAE. On a base level rangers get a few spells, a bow and melee but as I've pointed out here, there's much more to it than just that, you have to know which to use and when and how to use it most effectively, once you master that, you are in effect both a skilled and knowledgeable player.

Y

Yimurah

Originally posted by Falcon
Uhuh, and what do you do when an assassin attacks you, just keep pressing the bow button? or do like a skilled scout and try and position to guarantee a successful slam.

**I agree with that :)

Scenario 2: I see a paladin, will be a close fight, do I risk melee or just go for kiting with bow, hit him with a slash arrow, okay his resists to slash are low, can handle melee (I'm slash spec btw). Or, alternatively, damn his resists are high, don't want to risk that, switch to crush arrows and finish the job kiting.

**What if he goes in engage ?

Scenario 4: 1fg of us vs 2fg of them, healers and casters at the back I hit speed shout flank to the left hand side of the enemy force, get noticed so I hit stealth, the person ignores me knowing he can't hit me or thinking I was just a lag ghost, I unstealth and continue the speedy charge round the side until I'm at the side or behind the enemy force, I then start attacking with bow the mages and healers until I'm quickcasted upon and interrupted, hit purge if snared/mezzed/stunned and charge in with both sickles at the ready, attack the first target - the mages that's noticed me and is attacking me, I then notice another mage about to nuke me, so I have to hop to him to interrupt him, then get back to the other mage again to interrupt, eventually the mages die or I get too many opponents on me to keep hopping around, if they die I move to the healers healing the tanks attacking our casters, drop them ASAP.

**This looks quiet unbelievable... there is probably always one person that kills you fast enough before you reach the enemy casters/healers ... if not they have no skill :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom