Most skilled enemy

W

walkerb

Originally posted by tildson
Ask Walker about what? Running forwards and backwards with SOS and DD'ing and maybe some backup rooting?

Or, what else does he do?
hum run and run and run :p
no but placement in battle + use of bp stones/potions end/health/mana and right use of ra's.

T

tildson

Use of RA's and bounty-items..? How skillful :) Or, standing behind a tree or with groupmates.

J

j000 d000d

but it works because walker lives longer than other wizards

O

old.Aure

I think there's an amount of skill involved. It used to be yelling loud enough at all the people going the wrong way in the zerg so they turned round. ;)

As a former class with only one form of cc, a rank 30 min expensive RA that's broken, it was often a significant feat to stay alive. Most skill was applied in 2 and 3 man groups tbh, especially when minus any cc with Slayn or Jaenelle for example. Of course you add a bard and druid and another damage dealer and instead of fighting 3's 4's n 5s you fight 25's. :D

In some of the earlier days a good balanced fg v fg fight in emain was common, especially the hit and run variety. I think teamwork and skill is/was possible.

I agree however that the mechanics of the game can make it seem almost passive, whacking f6 when ooe for example.

Those same game mechanics insist on mezz/ae stun and all sorts of stuff. They usually spoil the fight. I remember running at tank speed pre insta pbt with Slayn praying we wouldnt find anything with cc. Medding up mana sitting in stupid places for ages only to find a zerg looking for us just cos we won vs 3 guys.

:p

F

Falcon

**What if he goes in engage ?
Not exactly difficult to get behind them using stealth :p

**This looks quiet unbelievable... there is probably always one person that kills you fast enough before you reach the enemy casters/healers ... if not they have no skill
Using a combination of speed shout and stealth you can move forward pretty well, all too often every single tank charges forward, leaving the casters and healers at the back with little or no defence. The time this method of charging really does fail is if I get intercepted by an assassin as I'm flanking, also I do tend to move quite wide so it's likely I'm out of range of a vast majority of the force anyhow but I do assure you I have spent many a battle popping arrows from behind the enemy force. With a comination of every resist capped, all hps and const capped, full ablative armour even if I do end up with a tank or two on me I can more often than not survive a decent length battle. Remember that my speed shout is equivalent to speed 4 and that stealthing doesn't break speed (you just slow down when you stealth, speed up on unstealth), so I can move quite a distance in quite a short time whilst popping in and out of stealth for a few seconds. There is of course one big downside to this tactic and that is that it takes a good 15 - 20 seconds before I'm able to join in the battle due to moving into position but there's nothing funnier than spending a whole battle popping off mages without them using last attacker and /face. This is why I always claim that the ranger speed shout is better used for charging than fleeing ;)

E

eynar

Originally posted by Teador
Since the real Hoster missed quite some PA's at my wizard i began to think he's just overpowered rather than skilled.

You just proved my point there :) Whether he'd miss or land his PA has nothing to do with skill, providing the fact you are in the right position and proper timing. In the end the mysterious roll of dices comes into play, iow you have no real-time influence on the outcome. The only thing you can do is raise your odds a bit by completing all prerequisites properly.

A

Azal

Missing a PA is quite ridiculously easy now tbh, with all the bs lag constantly getting a 'not in view' message when they are in fact RIGHT slap bang infront of you happens amazingly often.
That and the bug where the server just 'loses' the perf and u swing unstyled (which is a proven bug before anyone bothers to try and take the piss :p) makes it all to easy to miss PA's now.

P

prydwen-jareth

To be honest there are so many "enemies" with extremely good play. Some of them you dont even see that much because they dont have the time to play as often as the "big boys".

I /bow to all those people, since there is enough ass being kissed here to all the RR5+ :p

/bow ;)

S

skar_ironfist

The skill with this game, is picking the right targets. Both in situations which are equal, and situations where you have no chance and trying to get what points you can.

Getting the right targets initally in a battle, can often be difference between success and failure (Though who is not out of insta's can have a bigger impact :)

What about the people, whose skill is the ability to lead a group. Even if there character may not have the impact of others, will always lead a group well.

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by skar_ironfist
What about the people, whose skill is the ability to lead a group. Even if there character may not have the impact of others, will always lead a group well.

... spent alot of time getting ganked by Azal and others because either my reactions are shit, my connection is too slow or I was too beer-laden to care. I was hardly well-known as being a good infiltrator, but hopefully a few out there would recognise that (within the Unity alliance, at least) I was always pretty quick to take up the leadership challenge if asked and coordinate, usually defensively, the actions of up to 10 guilds' players in a number of different locations. You'd find quite a few such 'thinkers' in the game who rarely get a mention because there isn't a spam message.....

'The forces of Albion have captured the Midgard strength relic!'
'This relic campaign against you was organised by Laird!'

.....for example. I was happy enough when one person posted something about knowing that a relic raid or large scale attack was going on when they saw a Jupitus death message - shows that at least some people did realise the kind of RvR stuff I used to be involved in :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom