Most overpowered stealther poll:

R

Rollie

sb's arent overpowered now, they are inline, with my scout if i had IP i had chance to beat them, pre 1.62 they just killed you full stop, infs on the other hand are overpowered, i use to see as many at amg as i did sb's pre 1.62.

ns/sb are in line now imho, just need to either tweek the inf or give sb dex/con debuffs as a counter

as for archers

ranger=>hunter>scout

N

noaim

Originally posted by Aybabtu
Twat :great:

Either SB's are just crying cos infils has something they don't have, and didn't need while LA was overpowered.

SOMEthing?

Try MANY things.

Really, do play a Shadowblade nowadays, then come tell me infiltrators are au pair with SB:s.

I can understand that you defend your class, i would never go down without a fight if people wanted to nerf my main either ( it's a thane btw), but the argument you're running is just a step away from outright lying.

Infiltrators are way ahead of Shadowblades in the foodchain right now, only the better shadowblades with high RR can take down the average low/semilow RR infiltrator nowadays.

Meet a good high RR inf these days? Might save yourself the hassle and jump from a keepwall

H

heists

i would rather see ap on ns being nerfed then dragonfang, df can be purged ap cant, put it on 30min timer
fighting infils is nothing compared to slash resistant leather with ap up 80-90dmg 4thewin

rr5-6ns is harder to kill then rr8 infil

S

skile

They won't and can't nerf DF. Some scouts build their playing on DF. And they sure as HELL don't need nerfing.

F

-fwapp-

well ... dw was changed for mercs and not for infils... get what im saying?

I

Iphis

Imo dragonfang is a nasty move against a lower rr assasin if u cant purge u might aswell start digging.
Erm it does seem over powered, altho its a lvl 50 spec'd style getting 2.5x points a lvl doesnt really put it out of your way.
As my rr increases i worry less about it, have ap2 (3 in about 10k) and purge behind me so got every chance of winning.
Unless u are called "Remi" ofc then i die nm what @)

G

gwal

gotta admit, I do love seeing how those who used to say: "FFS stop whining", and "learn how to play noob" are now themselves moaning - guess it wasnt ur uber l33t playing skillz that made u win fights, huh.....

and yeah, have noticed how many infils are getting back at the SB´s, by acting the same way, cant realy blame em tho

T

tazzke

btw....why wasn't there a single nerf DF thread before 1.62 ???

maybe cause all SB's had infils, scouts, mincers, etc etc etc for breakfast everyday/night ???

Now the LA is "fixed"...

omg let's cry about DF...it's overpowered...we can't kill everything we see (only infils btw)

I admit.. DF is VERY powerfull... but it's a lvl 50 style...and like many said...only good style in Thrust line tbh (and maybe it should be as a 2nd style...)

... before 1.62 no one cried about it cause the SB styles were even more powerfull than DF... most of the time the infil was dead before he could pull it off...

now....i see enough SB's deathspams to know it's still possible to kill infils, scouts etc...you all acting like you can't kill a greycon anymore...

no..you might lose fights now... before patch it was 80%/20% chance to kill an infil...pushing the doublefrost

now it's 40%/60% ....and more depends on who gets the first PA in...

when they maybe fix the DF style...you gonna starts about the reaver lvl 50 style maybe?

C

Cernos

Originally posted by tazzke

People been saying Dragonfang is overpowered for a very long time, way before the LA nerf. The issue just became even more obvious since 1.62.

The problem with DF isn't the stun length, but how ridiculously easy it is to pull off for an Infiltrator, plus the fact that once the opponent is stunned then off-evade styles can be spammed for 9s because the opponent is considered to be in an 'evaded' status (for a SB to do this, the opponent has to be evaded a *second* time in between Comeback and Frosty Gaze landing).

Infiltrators are far from impossible to beat but as it currently stands DF will happen pretty much every fight with a thrust Infi. No purge = /release. Any battle between supposed equals that requires one player to have Purge available is nonsense game balance.

Dragonfang needs to be second in a chain, a-la Frosty Gaze with a comparable likelihood of being evaded/blocked/parried (which happens to Frosty Gaze quite a lot, landing it is never a certainty).

If DF is brought into line a bit and if SBs are given a decent class-specific RA comparable in utlility to Vanish / Viper, then some semblance of assassin balance might be restored.

Oh and they might like to balance the armour tables - leather is leather is leather, so why all the artificial nonsense with each realm's leather armour having different resistances?

Vitriol, 50 Shadowblade, Excalibur
Cernos, 50 Hero, Prydwen

Z

Zoldot

Originally posted by tazzke

maybe cause all SB's had infils, scouts, mincers, etc etc etc for breakfast everyday/night ???

Now the LA is "fixed"...

omg let's cry about DF...it's overpowered...we can't kill everything we see (only infils btw)

I admit.. DF is VERY powerfull... but it's a lvl 50 style...and like many said...only good style in Thrust line tbh (and maybe it should be as a 2nd style...)

when they maybe fix the DF style...you gonna starts about the reaver lvl 50 style maybe?

The reason why it wasnt a single df whine before patch was since SB had good dmg and didnt need to whine, yes SB needed a LITTLE fix not a nerf like they did. So what sb did more dmg then infils? that SHOULD be doing it since they dont have half as good stun style.. lower duration, 2nd in a chain etc. dont nerf DF. gifv SB little more dmg ;)

I

Iswind

Before 1.62

Sb Gimp:===========:Overpowered
Inf Gimp:========= :Overpowered

and after:

Sb Gimp:===== :Overpowered
Inf Gimp:========= :Overpowered

woot they chopped sbs legs off and said ur balanced... .

Then i say now its time to balance infils down to our lvl.

D

[DK]hakke

Originally posted by Zoldot
The reason why it wasnt a single df whine before patch was since SB had good dmg and didnt need to whine, yes SB needed a LITTLE fix not a nerf like they did.

So true...

They really nerfed you guys for king and country

Z

Zamza

I knew something was wrong when i saw my friends rr3 ns beat a rr9 shadowblade, both buffed etc.

D

[DK]hakke

Originally posted by Zamza
I knew something was wrong when i saw my friends rr3 ns beat a rr9 shadowblade, both buffed etc.

RR3L1
AP1/WA2/Con3/Aug2
Nice dot/debuff crits
Diamondback
Good buffbot
Lucky evades

Might aswell happend pre .62

S

skile

Originally posted by Cernos
People been saying Dragonfang is overpowered for a very long time, way before the LA nerf. The issue just became even more obvious since 1.62.

The problem with DF isn't the stun length, but how ridiculously easy it is to pull off for an Infiltrator, plus the fact that once the opponent is stunned then off-evade styles can be spammed for 9s because the opponent is considered to be in an 'evaded' status (for a SB to do this, the opponent has to be evaded a *second* time in between Comeback and Frosty Gaze landing).

Infiltrators are far from impossible to beat but as it currently stands DF will happen pretty much every fight with a thrust Infi. No purge = /release. Any battle between supposed equals that requires one player to have Purge available is nonsense game balance.

Dragonfang needs to be second in a chain, a-la Frosty Gaze with a comparable likelihood of being evaded/blocked/parried (which happens to Frosty Gaze quite a lot, landing it is never a certainty).

If DF is brought into line a bit and if SBs are given a decent class-specific RA comparable in utlility to Vanish / Viper, then some semblance of assassin balance might be restored.

Oh and they might like to balance the armour tables - leather is leather is leather, so why all the artificial nonsense with each realm's leather armour having different resistances?

Vitriol, 50 Shadowblade, Excalibur
Cernos, 50 Hero, Prydwen

No, you are wrong on one thing. DF weren't overpowered. Since SB's Clearly were. 2 Assains can't be overpowered at the same time, only 1 :p.

A

Aybabtu

Originally posted by noaim
SOMEthing?

Try MANY things.

Really, do play a Shadowblade nowadays, then come tell me infiltrators are au pair with SB:s.

I can understand that you defend your class, i would never go down without a fight if people wanted to nerf my main either ( it's a thane btw), but the argument you're running is just a step away from outright lying.

Infiltrators are way ahead of Shadowblades in the foodchain right now, only the better shadowblades with high RR can take down the average low/semilow RR infiltrator nowadays.

Meet a good high RR inf these days? Might save yourself the hassle and jump from a keepwall

But the fact that DF didn't matter when LA was still overpowered doesn't matter to you i guess?

And ofc im defending my class cos if you'd play one, RR6 as mine, solo you'd know that we don't wtfpwn everything and that DF is the only thing in thrust line thats any good.

We might be ahead in the foodchain but SB's were for a year before anything got changed so a nerf now can't justify the trouble infils had to go through to get some RP's pre 1.62....

Now i posted some ideas on how to fix it, don't forget that.

R

Rollie

tbh i dont see DF getting nerfed, more other lv50 styles brought up to par, you can whine about infs's using Df, but some scouts base there whole template on it, and to evade an assasin once and have your DF evaded sux but thats life.

As stated before pre 1.62, the only ones who really moaned about DF were archers from hib/mid and NS, since SB were extremely overpowered, now they have been brought into line damage wise they lack either RA's, dex/con debuff or a stun off evade in the sword/axe line. But tbh no assasin should have access to a stun off evade due to the extreme amounts they evade, remove stun from evades from all assasins and you have more balance imho.

F

froler-mid

dont nerf dragonfang, give them gimped sbs some luuving(thrust line with stun mebbe?)

but then again, if mythic gave em that, they are infils with higher hp's and got LA ;dddd

A

Aybabtu

I'd like to see stun being removed, dmg on CS being raised and armor type or somthing getting lowered.....infils are not the only ones that hit evade cap so evade 7 is nothing serious anymore....

Make them more hard hitting on targets but take a beating when they do unstealth

N

noaim

But the fact that DF didn't matter when LA was still overpowered doesn't matter to you i guess?

And ofc im defending my class cos if you'd play one, RR6 as mine, solo you'd know that we don't wtfpwn everything and that DF is the only thing in thrust line thats any good.

We might be ahead in the foodchain but SB's were for a year before anything got changed so a nerf now can't justify the trouble infils had to go through to get some RP's pre 1.62....

Now i posted some ideas on how to fix it, don't forget that.

I just enjoy taking the piss out of all the inf:s whining their arses off about pre-LA. It's so laughable, they whined, cursed and cried how good LA was, but now when infs are kings of the hills, they call the DF whiners idiots and it's an "uncalled nerf". It's really laughable that they never came up with any constructive ideas before , just a shitload of whine, and now they expect everyone to smile and be happy when they can dominate out in the RvR-areas.

Bring down the infiltrators so they are at the same level as Shadowblades and nightshades. That includes doing something about the thrust line, remove the extra spec points and add some good RA's for Shadowblades. I know you probably agree with me, atleast with some of what i suggest here, and im not really here to take the piss out of you unless you were one of the "nerf SB NOW" guys a few months ago.

Oh, and before some wiseass take a shot at my chars at my sig, i didn't give a shit when they nerfed the zerks, i couldn't give a shit if they nerf my savage, but i do give a shit if they nerf midgard one more time without actually adressing the issues with some other classes, i.e thanes, just to mention one out of a few.

A

Aybabtu

I just enjoy taking the piss out of all the inf:s whining their arses off about pre-LA. It's so laughable, they whined, cursed and cried how good LA was, but now when infs are kings of the hills, they call the DF whiners idiots and it's an "uncalled nerf". It's really laughable that they never came up with any constructive ideas before , just a shitload of whine, and now they expect everyone to smile and be happy when they can dominate out in the RvR-areas.

And i love those silly old SB's who stopped playing their SB when they couldn 3-4hit orther assassin's with an Anytime style and the fact that albs and hibs had to live with it for a year before mythic goes 'oops made a bummer' which ruined alot of RvR for none mids.

No matter what i say i know they can't/wont make up for that time. Dragon Fang hasn't been made better and is really only a problem for SB's since NS's too has a stun, so when SB's out of the blue come whining it just makes me laugh.

Bring down the infiltrators so they are at the same level as Shadowblades and nightshades. That includes doing something about the thrust line, remove the extra spec points and add some good RA's for Shadowblades. I know you probably agree with me, atleast with some of what i suggest here, and im not really here to take the piss out of you unless you were one of the "nerf SB NOW" guys a few months ago.

Some of the ideas i do agree on.....and i wouldn mind losing some spec points IF they gave some usefull styles in thrust line! but then again if an infil can't get Dragon Fang and a stun SB's would be prime of the fight again.

As much as i hated LA pre 1.62 i still played, even unbuffed with my infil.

A

Aybabtu

Another thing, do you actually play an assassin class? doesn't say in your sig and the way you describe assassin balance today isn't the same way i see it........

Whole problem with assasins is the lack of dex/quick debuff..........IMO

F

- Fedaykin -

apparantly savages arn't overpowered because their anytime styles "suck"

so i will offer the same logic back.

I don't own a buffbot and I find my self using tranquilizer (detaunt) simply to give me the chance to get an evade to get the chance to use dragonfang.

Vs buffed sbs you know how often that is?

pretty damn often cos i kick ur little gimped asses!!

F

-fwapp-

Originally posted by - Fedaykin -
apparantly savages arn't overpowered because their anytime styles "suck"

yeah thats always a sign of any past- left axer mid hehe

N

noaim

Another thing, do you actually play an assassin class? doesn't say in your sig and the way you describe assassin balance today isn't the same way i see it........

Whole problem with assasins is the lack of dex/quick debuff..........IMO

Not on a daily basis, no.

But i have quite a great deal of experience with both lvl 50 NS and SB (got 24/7 access to them), and i've played lvl 50 infil more than a few times in RvR.

You probably got more experience with stealther-melee classes than me, but from what i can tell from my somewhat limited experience:

Pre-LA nerf:

Shadowblade the top stealther. Not overly overpowered compared to a inf, but the main problem was that SB was too easy to play. Destealth then zerg them down, any fool could do that with half a brain.

Infiltrator a very valid class to play, almost as good as a SB but took skill to come out on top of a SZ in a solo encounter. The not-so-good albish infiltrators cried nerf, since they never bothered to grind thru the kills to get the nice albion stealth RA's, thus gaining a advantage to the shadowblades somewhat limited RA's.

Nightshades pure crap unless you bothered to grind to the supposedly very good RA's attainable to this class (hearsay, never played a High RR NS myself, so cant really say if it's true or not).

Aft- LA nerf:

Shadowblades 5 spec totally ruined. unfortunate soulblades needed atleast 4 respecs, but only given one and thus cant be arsed to go to tuscan or dragon raids to get _3_ respec stones , and with the result of retiring their chars, often to the mockery of albs and hibs on BW with half a brain. Critblade still viable class, but with no chance of dealing any real damage after the PA, they cant hold their own to infiltrators with the left axe ripped to oblivion, and especially not if purge is down.

Infiltrator population steadily increasing now when albion came out on top of the stealthnerf-wars. Now having the best melee-stealther often accompanied by mincers and scouts, the albs totally rule the stealth-RvR far more than midgard ever did with their SZ's and Soulblades pre-LA nerf.

Nighshades not longer the underdog, but still not powerful enough to go head to head with the infiltrators. Their stealther population suffering from being the lowest populated realm aswell, they dont have much to put against the infiltrator/mincer/scout hordes out there. It would be nice if a high realmrank Nightshade could fill me in on how good a NS really is with the RA's.

Anyway, this is just my point of view, not telling you that it's the bible or anything, just wanted you to know how i feel about the different stealth-classes.

R

Rollie

i dont think many disagree infs are overpowered atm, pre 1.62 sb's were even worse, now those and ns seem to be pretty balanced, although NS ra's are pretty dam nasty.

The thrust line bar DF is a really poor style line, DF is the only decent style in it, Mythic have stated they will not remove the infs spec points, infs have crappy ra's like sb's as vanish is bugged and doesnt work properly hence its as useful as shadowrun. To balance assasins imho, remove stun from evade moves for assasins only, make dex/con debuffs for all realms or just sb or give sb thrust options.

Oh, and before some wiseass take a shot at my chars at my sig, i didn't give a shit when they nerfed the zerks, i couldn't give a shit if they nerf my savage, but i do give a shit if they nerf midgard one more time without actually adressing the issues with some other classes, i.e thanes, just to mention one out of a few. [/B]

Thanes really do need help, i think everyone would agree on that, also the things fixed in 1.62 in middy were needed, the end regen was way out of line in terms of balance than the other realms, we would just take a buffbot to DC and leave him there and run back for end regen buffs, it had no range and if the shammie died it didnt drop, we ran at speed5+sprint all the time, this was far superior to all other realms.

Zerks/Sb's were far better than the equivilent classes of the opposite realm as well, hibs/albs didnt have a light tank remotely close to the zerk pre 1.62 and SB's were the best assasins. The savage post 1.62 has replaced the zerk, was sad at mtk emain the other day, i saw warriors/zerks/runies/sm refused groups cause the only damage dealer people wanted were savages, which is quite understandable with how powerful the class is.

Midgard wasnt nerfed 1.62, as you can see with middy rvr atm, they are still far superior to other realms in terms of group utility.

Anyhows everyone has there own views on stuff, thats mine from playing both alb and middy for the last 1.5 years.

A

Aybabtu

Shadowblades 5 spec totally ruined. unfortunate soulblades needed atleast 4 respecs, but only given one and thus cant be arsed to go to tuscan or dragon raids to get _3_ respec stones , and with the result of retiring their chars, often to the mockery of albs and hibs on BW with half a brain. Critblade still viable class, but with no chance of dealing any real damage after the PA, they cant hold their own to infiltrators with the left axe ripped to oblivion, and especially not if purge is down.

NS's and Infils hasn't changed only in population.......

And even tho LA is fixed there are still Axe and sword to spec for styles.... sometimes you make it look like thats the one and only line they can spec in.

I know, con/str debuff is a bitch. But thats what you should cry nerf about, that and to get a SB only stun in either axe or sword of evade at 3x somthing in either

D

[DK]hakke

since they never bothered to grind thru the kills to get the nice albion stealth RA's, thus gaining a advantage to the shadowblades somewhat limited RA's.

ye, really good as mercfil.
Only thing it you can do is dual-pa. Gl escape with it :)

S

salamurhaaja

Originally posted by froler-mid
dont nerf dragonfang, give them gimped sbs some luuving(thrust line with stun mebbe?)

but then again, if mythic gave em that, they are infils with higher hp's and got LA ;dddd

Not true !
You forgot infils higher spec points.
I'd trade my 100 more hp + la anytime for 2.5 spec points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom