most Overpowered class in game?

A

Aybabtu

Originally posted by finbahr
why not make all the realms the same then you ass casters still should be usefull but not as good as hib casters
tanks still should be good not just as good as mid tanks
albs should be the jack of all trades better tanks than hib better mages than mid with some sort of added bonus ooops they did the infil

:bore:

heh...... Yes infiltrators are mythics idea of balancing the game :rolleyes:

P

pitspawn

Id be happy to see the diversity of the realms be streamlined if it finally made the classes balanced. The truth is, mythic tried to make each realm unique and every single class unique and achieved it at the serious cost class/realm balance. They recognise their mistake and have been comparing each realm making them more like each other. Something as fundimental as albion having more classes to choose from as the other realms have meant that assembling "good" RvR groups is significantly harder.

The choice of joining a certain realm should be purely for an asthetic or roleplaying reason. Having to join a particular side to excel at a class type you prefer is wrong imo. I enjoy playing a caster, but it should not mean that i am forced to suffer for enjoying that class because i picked to play as an albion. Nor should someone who in the same circumstance picked midgard.

H

hotrat

Originally posted by ab_fluid
make all mages as good as chanters and we might end dark age of tankalot instead of nerfign chanters :p chanters do imo the damage all mages should be doing, don't see savages fighting 60% resists and getting interupted by farting in there general direction do we? :p
Yep I would be happy with that, main problem is hib has GP and its a major advantage in a caster group vs caster group situation, heck its a pretty huge advantage with a tank vs caster group situation.
when fighting a mid grp or a FC grp for example you are looking at around 45-50% resists to the stun which lets say takes it down to 5 secs dura from 9, then take det into account on this... and you have a stun lasting < 2 secs on a tank, then tanks back on you and your dead, this is why a lot of hib casters would swap it for a root, a 60 sec single target root is gonna hold a tank still for longer than a stun, you can then run off and start nuking again. You're totally welcome to have my baseline stun if i get baseline root
You don't cast stun on tanks though, you cast it on support who are just within 1500 range to stop them running away so you can kill them in 3 nukes with debuff and boom boom. Stun is useless on det 5 tanks but then so is root, even the 72 second root lasts only around 5 seconds before the tank can start moving and after 8 seconds the tank is pretty much back at full speed.

Main problem is the damn pets though, and have you read the chanter TL, he actually complains that pets are IGNORED !!! in rvr, they are just cc'd and left. How about this situation, you jump a hib caster group, land a perfect mezz, druid GP's and the sorc suddenly has 2 druid pets and 3 chanter pets coming at him. Root them before they reach you? well that would be easy if they travelled at normal speed but atm pets are bugged and never lose speed buff, so all these pets are coming at you at chanter (maybe even bard) speed. Now try casting when this (level 7) grey con druid pet is attacking you, interupted EVERY time! try to melee it? miss - blow absorbed by PBT! yes pbt has unlimited range on pets as well, another great bug, and also a level 50 will not break through it even on a levle 7 pet becuase the owner of the pet is level 50.
So you try to qc root the pets, but wait 1 resists, so you try and run but its still got the damn speed buff and can easily keep up with your sprinting (speed buff like pbt has unlimited range for pets). Also bear in mind all the pets are immune to mezz so the minstrel can't even mezz it off you. Your options are to wait 30 sec for QC to come up again, or get someone to kill it.

Anyway pets are very bugged atm and a real benefit to hibs compared to other realms, albs get wonderful bugs like BoF not working on all member even if they are in range etc.

As for the hibs = magic, mids = melee, well albs are the defence realm, we get plate armor, spec af buff, ablative chant, bof, soldiers barricade etc.

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by hotrat
Yep I would be happy with that, main problem is hib has GP and its a major advantage in a caster group vs caster group situation, heck its a pretty huge advantage with a tank vs caster group situation.You don't cast stun on tanks though, you cast it on support who are just within 1500 range to stop them running away so you can kill them in 3 nukes with debuff and boom boom. Stun is useless on det 5 tanks but then so is root, even the 72 second root lasts only around 5 seconds before the tank can start moving and after 8 seconds the tank is pretty much back at full speed.

I very very rarely use stun in rvr at all, its fun for stunning the random guy fleeing back to apk but not much more, oh, sorry and for stunning and then pbaoeing on top of the stun ^^ but the stopping someone running out of range thing ain't anything i've really ever seen greatly in fg v fg rvr as we assist and targets drop pretty fast anyhow :) even 5 secs on a det'd root would be better than what the stun does for escaping the assist train :)

Main problem is the damn pets though, and have you read the chanter TL, he actually complains that pets are IGNORED !!! in rvr, they are just cc'd and left. How about this situation, you jump a hib caster group, land a perfect mezz, druid GP's and the sorc suddenly has 2 druid pets and 3 chanter pets coming at him. Root them before they reach you? well that would be easy if they travelled at normal speed but atm pets are bugged and never lose speed buff, so all these pets are coming at you at chanter (maybe even bard) speed. Now try casting when this (level 7) grey con druid pet is attacking you, interupted EVERY time! try to melee it? miss - blow absorbed by PBT! yes pbt has unlimited range on pets as well, another great bug, and also a level 50 will not break through it even on a levle 7 pet becuase the owner of the pet is level 50.
So you try to qc root the pets, but wait 1 resists, so you try and run but its still got the damn speed buff and can easily keep up with your sprinting (speed buff like pbt has unlimited range for pets). Also bear in mind all the pets are immune to mezz so the minstrel can't even mezz it off you. Your options are to wait 30 sec for QC to come up again, or get someone to kill it.
[/B]

pets are a problem in any realm, you have cabbies with them and sorcs, mids got sm's hibs got druids and chanters, you also got theurgs with them in alb, just because albs and mids run tank grps thus not taking advantage of pets isn't our problem really, we run tank grps we lose all chanter pets and have 2 druid pets, you have 1 sorc with pet and possibly a theurg in some of the tanks grps i see lately.

H

hotrat

Theurg pets are working as intended though, they dont gain speed buffs, they don't get pbt, they die after 30 secs, they have to be cast during a fight. You can't compare them.

Sorc pets and caba pets you can compare, and one of the reasons i run speed is for my pet. At least my pet is yellow con though and should interupt everytime, not like druid pets...

If druid's didnt get root I could understand why you want it on hib casters so bad but atm they get a perfectly nice single root, healers get a nice single mezz and clerics get single stun. Alb casters getting root should make up for this and it does in a caster group but in a tank group a sorc is relied upon far too much for cc.

Root isn't that useful in a pbae caster group anyway, compared to disease or mezz or even stun.

X

xajorkith

Originally posted by Karlo
I dont think its a case of a single overpowered class tbh.

Its more of how the classes work together. For example, a mid group may consist of 2 healers, a skald, and 5 savages.

Try and get that sort of set up with a group frm any other realm and make it really work ^^

Get it right mate :), I really do hate people that come on these boards and totally exaggerate :)

It's 2 Healers, 1 Skald, and "only" 4 savages, you forgot the end providing Shaman.... shame on you :D

B

behatch

Originally posted by .Venge
vote....

my vote goes to savage... nerf ^^

you are really lame,its infil and he has to use cheats lol venge no one wants to talk to ghay cheat0rs

A

ab_fluid

Theurg pets are working as intended though, they dont gain speed buffs, they don't get pbt, they die after 30 secs, they have to be cast during a fight. You can't compare them.

Sorc pets and caba pets you can compare, and one of the reasons i run speed is for my pet. At least my pet is yellow con though and should interupt everytime, not like druid pets...

If druid's didnt get root I could understand why you want it on hib casters so bad but atm they get a perfectly nice single root, healers get a nice single mezz and clerics get single stun. Alb casters getting root should make up for this and it does in a caster group but in a tank group a sorc is relied upon far too much for cc.

Root isn't that useful in a pbae caster group anyway, compared to disease or mezz or even stun.

"working as intended" wasn't the issue from what i was saying, the interupt thing was, i would personally rather have 1 sorc pet on me that 2-3 chain stunning (no immunity) so that i cannot do anything whatsoever, including running any decent distance :p i can't QC mezz them root them or stun them.

The baseline stun issue: i was commenting on what someone else wrote, i am happy to keep the stun but i would prefer a root, not whining about it as its not something i see as a 100% necessity.

The main thing i think personally is that alb tank grps need to get themselves a theurg, they will have a second ae rooter, nuker (possibly debuffable by sorc), spammable pets which are un-cc'able and then haste/dps buff too, they are such an underated class imo.

B

belth

The main thing i think personally is that alb tank grps need to get themselves a theurg, they will have a second ae rooter, nuker (possibly debuffable by sorc), spammable pets which are un-cc'able and then haste/dps buff too, they are such an underated class imo.

Now what was it that insta-killed theurg-pets? Amnesia? Confuse?

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by belth
Now what was it that insta-killed theurg-pets? Amnesia? Confuse?
confuse, it takes 3.5 seconds at range 1350 to cast. That's not really insta is it?

H

hotrat

"working as intended" wasn't the issue from what i was saying, the interupt thing was, i would personally rather have 1 sorc pet on me that 2-3 chain stunning (no immunity) so that i cannot do anything whatsoever, including running any decent distance :p i can't QC mezz them root them or stun them.

The baseline stun issue: i was commenting on what someone else wrote, i am happy to keep the stun but i would prefer a root, not whining about it as its not something i see as a 100% necessity.

Well of course you would prefer my pet on you over a theurg pet :) but its a damn sight harder to put 2-3 chain stunning pets on enemy support than it is for a sorc to put their pet on one. Everyone hates theurg pets, but imagine that theurg was a chanter and he had time to cast 3-4 spells on you? need I say more....

Stun or root both are good in situations, on my sorc I definately prefer root but on a chanter I think I would prefer stun, especially in a pbae group.

Yep a theurg is useful, more so vs hibs than mids, but a caster is always a liability, no det, cloth armor etc.

P

phule_gubben

Savage

Infiltrator

Hib PBAoE

hit em with the nerfbat NOW!!

A

ab_fluid

Well of course you would prefer my pet on you over a theurg pet :) but its a damn sight harder to put 2-3 chain stunning pets on enemy support than it is for a sorc to put their pet on one. Everyone hates theurg pets, but imagine that theurg was a chanter and he had time to cast 3-4 spells on you? need I say more....

i could survive 3x 600 dd's np tbh but 3 pets on me and i am fucked for healing/chasing anyone to interupt or generally doing anything for 30 secs, so erm i'd prefer to get nuked 3 times by a chanter in a fight than to have 3 chain stunning pets stuck on me :)

T

tildson

The class who can interupt with spamming a non-damagable spell, except for Amnesia i really see no reason why root/mez/stun should interupt your casting(if you already have had the effect ofc)

Savage - what was Mythic thinking?

Enchanter - if Hib has all power relics, if not BD is

BD - insta damage with that high delve is wrong

Infil - spec AF does alot, but give the others 2.2pts atleast

Buffbots - lets blame Jazhara! :)

T

tildson

Originally posted by phule_gubben
Savage

Infiltrator

Hib PBAoE

hit em with the nerfbat NOW!!

Hib PBAE? Que el paso lets nerf Albion Chainarmor!

Oh, its harder than it seems, confusing the theurg-pets. They die easily enough, a caster could kill them easily - why should confuse? Also make only Amnesia and Magic Damage to interupt casting, would make casters essential in group again.

P

phule_gubben

Originally posted by tildson
Hib PBAE? Que el paso lets nerf Albion Chainarmor!

Oh, its harder than it seems, confusing the theurg-pets. They die easily enough, a caster could kill them easily - why should confuse? Also make only Amnesia and Magic Damage to interupt casting, would make casters essential in group again.

the question was about overpowered classes amigo

H

hotrat

i could survive 3x 600 dd's np tbh but 3 pets on me and i am fucked for healing/chasing anyone to interupt or generally doing anything for 30 secs, so erm i'd prefer to get nuked 3 times by a chanter in a fight than to have 3 chain stunning pets stuck on me :)
Today we met DH, both sides land mezz - they mezzed everyone but me, I mezzed their entire group.
They hit GP and ae str/con debuff, chanter stuns me, debuffs and kills me in TWO nukes! 586 dmg twice. Pretty certain 3 586 dmg nukes (thats no crit) + a ae str/con debuff would kill most classes.

H

hotrat

The class who can interupt with spamming a non-damagable spell, except for Amnesia i really see no reason why root/mez/stun should interupt your casting(if you already have had the effect ofc)

Savage - what was Mythic thinking?

Enchanter - if Hib has all power relics, if not BD is

BD - insta damage with that high delve is wrong

Buffbots - lets blame Jazhara! :)
Hehe yer I agree with those. Damn Jazhara for starting the buffbot abusing as well! :(

A

ab_fluid

Today we met DH, both sides land mezz - they mezzed everyone but me, I mezzed their entire group.
They hit GP and ae str/con debuff, chanter stuns me, debuffs and kills me in TWO nukes! 586 dmg twice. Pretty certain 3 586 dmg nukes (thats no crit) + a ae str/con debuff would kill most classes.

kills pretty much all mages in 2 nukes i guess yeh, it can really be put either way, if hib grp GP's u coulda QC'd AEroot as you know that the GP is inc, and now you've interupted the hibs for 5 secs, you run out of range (your mezz is bolt range ^^) and start mezz spamming them so no1 can cast, you are at bolt range so out of DD range, now stick a theurg in the equation he is at boltrange too and spams 3 pets on each mage, mezz has worn off on your tanks and they can start picking apart the still rooted hibs which you are interupting.

Ofc what i said doesn't and can't happen every time, but neither can what you said :) its all different situations and each needs to be reacted to differently and there is a way to counter everything (almost) it just takes some thought. However the initial point of this reply from me earlier was about pets, and i clearly made my views on that already :)

H

hotrat

Yer, its better in fact to open with ae root but very likely the bard will mezz you cus your root will not stop his mezz (will land too late in his cast to interupt him). Edit: the minstrel should be able to insta stun him though, although the bard could insta mezz the minstrel as well, which reminds me of druid insta ae root, man druids are nice classes :)

If you start with ae mezz then immediately ae root its the safest option but as soon as they GP your gonna have pets all over you that are immune to mezz and root!
If you ae mezz then wait till GP to ae root (what I did that fight) the chanter can still just qc stun you, unless someone interupts them, which they couldn't that fight as both sides were mezzed (initially).

You have to enter 1500 range as when you meet the hibs they will run into 1500 range to try and mezz you and your mezz will not land before that. If you cast your mezz turn and run asap you might make it out of range in time. Even then you still have the bard to contend with, bearing in mind your group is still mezzable and that insta mezz lasts quite a long time on clerics.

Anyway there is no way I fear a mana eld as much as a chanter, especially when we have the 24% energy resist buff (a shame the friar resist buffs we sometimes run with do nothing to hinder a chanter :( ).

Would be nice to just stay 1500+ range and spam amnesia, but then druids and bards start moving out of the box so you really need to root first, and landing the dex/qui debuff is nice as well (also 1500 range).

Fighting a good pbae group is one of the most challenging things in rvr.

A

ab_fluid

Yer, its better in fact to open with ae root but very likely the bard will mezz you cus your root will not stop his mezz (will land too late in his cast to interupt him). Edit: the minstrel should be able to insta stun him though, although the bard could insta mezz the minstrel as well, which reminds me of druid insta ae root, man druids are nice classes :)

If you start with ae mezz then immediately ae root its the safest option but as soon as they GP your gonna have pets all over you that are immune to mezz and root!
If you ae mezz then wait till GP to ae root (what I did that fight) the chanter can still just qc stun you, unless someone interupts them, which they couldn't that fight as both sides were mezzed (initially).

You have to enter 1500 range as when you meet the hibs they will run into 1500 range to try and mezz you and your mezz will not land before that. If you cast your mezz turn and run asap you might make it out of range in time. Even then you still have the bard to contend with, bearing in mind your group is still mezzable and that insta mezz lasts quite a long time on clerics.

Anyway there is no way I fear a mana eld as much as a chanter, especially when we have the 24% energy resist buff (a shame the friar resist buffs we sometimes run with do nothing to hinder a chanter :( ).

Would be nice to just stay 1500+ range and spam amnesia, but then druids and bards start moving out of the box so you really need to root first, and landing the dex/qui debuff is nice as well (also 1500 range).

Fighting a good pbae group is one of the most challenging things in rvr.

ok, think we've covered pretty much every possible fight u can have with hib pb grps vs alb tank grp now :p Fighting a good pbaoe grp is hard yeh can't disagree, but suring our fair old age of dark age of tankalot, sos'ing alb grps and perma interupt spamming mid fotm grps are an arse :p

I

Iswind

586 dmg :) thats kinda hard for a baseline nuke :) but i know theyve hit me for over 600 dmg a couple of times :/

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by Iswind
586 dmg :) thats kinda hard for a baseline nuke :) but i know theyve hit me for over 600 dmg a couple of times :/

thats a rr10 chanter basenuke :p

T

tildson

Originally posted by phule_gubben
the question was about overpowered classes amigo

Si si senor, me was si tilud when me wrote dis, my sorrows.

A

Aussie-

Oh I didnt know that was an "infil only" buff.
and the others have 2.2 :m00:

B

behatch

Originally posted by Aussie-

might aswell be as 95% of albs is infils :p

T

tildson

Originally posted by Aussie-

Stupid enough not to understand my point, or just the regular flaming aye? Oh, why am i wasting my time .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom